PEGAWAI TADBIR DAN DIPLOMATIK-M41, ....

views

Ah Hock
post Jan 28 2009, 03:17 PM

5 posts

Salam. Hi everybody

I'm a new members here.
Thanks God. I passed the PAC.
Now waiting for the last stage (interview).

Is anyone here have the info on the interview. Are they conducting it in Malay / English?
Normally what kind of questions they gonna ask? And what kind of book to be read in order to preepare for that interview?

Please share. I really need help.
mrsbrightside
post Jan 28 2009, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

not sure when is the interview. somewhre around next month. they can either ask in english or malay. if they ask in english, answer in english. and vice versa. don't mix ur language. shows that ur not confident. none particular book to read on. just read up the latest news and issues in the papers. maybe brush up about msian administration. & dress for success! good luck bro! i'm waiting for the interview too.
Beast-Slayer
post Jan 29 2009, 08:13 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

good luck... the schedule hasnt come out yet... waiting.. waiting.. haha
cIvIc_noob
post Jan 30 2009, 12:30 AM

Yays i get to have a title...er...what should i put?
761 posts

Ok Question.
I've just finish reading 22 pages of this thread.

1.I am finishing my last semester for a degree in May, and results will be out like in July.Convo will be during Sep 09 OR March 2010. Can i apply for PTD through SPA website like now? (Cause i checked the SPA website application for federal post is open all the time)
2.Where do i check when is the intake?
3.Since someone stated that this year they'll start recruiting people by contract N41, where can i get this info?
4.What happens after N41, before being absorbed into M41. (Detailed flow)
5.Lets say in the midst of N41, Can i actually apply for for studies with paid leave?
6.Does someone holding a master degree has a better chance of passing the exam, or any special process? (Like skipping N41 stage and going into permanent position)
7.Do i get to specify which field i want to go in?(Do i get a choice of picking)
8.Having a degree in international relations and 2 months of internship exp in an embassy and done with an academic writting, will that be an edge to have a placement into the foreign service?

Thank you for your patience to answer my questions.

tenno
post Jan 30 2009, 01:31 AM

Livestrong
3,550 posts

QUOTE(mrsbrightside @ Jan 19 2009, 10:06 PM)
basically degree holder in any discipline. bout the 2nd upper not sure, but what i've heard from some1 from spa, to apply for gov positions, have to at least be 2nd class upper. but hey, my fren who is a lower class grade got 2 b a ptd, but on a contract basis.
I've got a 3rd Class Degree, went to 2 public universities (rejected after 3 semesters in UTM, got my degree from UKM), did a year's diploma course in a private college (in order to get into UKM), represented Selangor in 2 SUKMAs, was a member of the SUKOM project. & now into my 3rd year in service (permanent) after my 2nd interview (failed the 1st). Just apply, but dun apply just for the sake of applying. U have to really want it.

Pls, pls tell Ur friends & families who are applying, PTD is NOT just diplomatic service or foreign services. It's much more than that. For those applying hoping to be a diplomat or get placed in a foreign mission, sorry to say, maybe only 5% or less gets to go to Wisma Putra. My batch has got about 470+ officers, about 10-12 got to go to Wisma. & mind U, each & every one of them is still in Malaysia. Depending on cases, usually U won't get posted overseas before completing 3 years in the service.

ptd looks at your course. they prefer social sciences...i bet you can't get this fact somewhere else. 7/9 of my coursemates passed ptd. My sister who took the test for thousand times still never pass coz she took chemistry(pure science). i did my internship in gov too,so basically i know what i'm saying here...

I'm a computer science major, there's another member here who's from my batch, also a computer science major. There's a good friend of mine, now in MeCD who was a chemical engineer by training. Just keep this in mind: tens of thousands of candidates, fighting for about 400-500 places in each intake. I guess the govt has the luxury to select who they want. Good luck.

Added on January 30, 2009, 1:44 am
QUOTE(cIvIc_noob @ Jan 30 2009, 12:30 AM)
1.I am finishing my last semester for a degree in May, and results will be out like in July.Convo will be during Sep 09 OR March 2010. Can i apply for PTD through SPA website like now? (Cause i checked the SPA website application for federal post is open all the time)

Not sure about this. Pls read the terms carefully. I guess they're gonna ask for Ur results to be filled in the SPA8 form. If U haven't graduated, how r U gonna fill up Ur graduating grades & CGPA ?

2.Where do i check when is the intake?

They're not gonna tell U when's the intake. U'll only know once U get the offer letter, normally 3 weeks before the date for U to report for duty. Basically, they're gonna do 2 intakes a year. For contract for services basis, U can check with the respective ministries.

3.Since someone stated that this year they'll start recruiting people by contract N41, where can i get this info?

Basically the recruitment process will be the same. Just that they're not gonna offer U permanent basis.

4.What happens after N41, before being absorbed into M41. (Detailed flow)

After 1-2 years in service, the JPA will request for candidates from the N41 officers from each ministries to be absorbed into M41. The HR Dept of each ministry will then request for recommendations from respective department heads where these officers have been serving for the past year or so. The HR Dept will then submit these names to the JPA. But then again, JPA will have the final say, based on the recommendations from the ministries. So, do Ur jobs, & be nice to Ur bosses.

5.Lets say in the midst of N41, Can i actually apply for for studies with paid leave?

The basic requirement of applying for a paid study leave is completing 3 years' service.

6.Does someone holding a master degree has a better chance of passing the exam, or any special process? (Like skipping N41 stage and going into permanent position)

No. U will only get a better starting pay.

7.Do i get to specify which field i want to go in?(Do i get a choice of picking)

Yes. But dun count on getting Ur wish granted. I got placed in a ministry I never ever listed in my choices. But I was glad I got to this ministry.

8.Having a degree in international relations and 2 months of internship exp in an embassy and done with an academic writting, will that be an edge to have a placement into the foreign service?

Perhaps. Wisma always (but not necessarily) look for ppl with experience.

This post has been edited by tenno: Jan 30 2009, 01:45 AM
aku69
post Jan 30 2009, 01:53 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

i hv dip in bizz admin and currently still studying at one of Msia very own IPTA.

im taking BBA hons Human Resource, really hope can be a PTD on day..

is there any tips for me?

since i gonna finish my degree early 2010, can anyone share any useful info/knowledge?

thx.

btw, in PTD exam also must use physical capabilities rights? stamina?
Zoxoque
post Jan 30 2009, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

give it a try then, who know there is ur destiny
NeuroOne
post Jan 30 2009, 10:46 AM

Casual
495 posts

QUOTE(aku69 @ Jan 30 2009, 01:53 AM)
btw, in PTD exam also must use physical capabilities rights? stamina?
exam no need physical capabilities.

PAC yes.
but the new format of PAC i don't know..

alaa.. i'm a heavy smoker also can run 2.2km under 14 mins.
easy maa..
just chase pretty girls la..
act macho.. flex.gif
tenno
post Jan 30 2009, 02:27 PM

Livestrong
3,550 posts

QUOTE(NeuroOne @ Jan 30 2009, 10:46 AM)
exam no need physical capabilities.

PAC yes.
but the new format of PAC i don't know..

alaa.. i'm a heavy smoker also can run 2.2km under 14 mins.
easy maa..
just chase pretty girls la..
act macho..  flex.gif
2.4km la Wan....

This guy heavy smoker... really heavy smoker... tongue.gif
NeuroOne
post Jan 30 2009, 03:12 PM

Casual
495 posts

ehh..
2.4km ke..
lupe la..
lactose_operon
post Jan 30 2009, 06:01 PM

[WTS] l.o.v.3
1,183 posts

erm..guys..i checked the online SPA portal n i managed to pass the PAC. but yesterday i received a letter for examination (the 1st stage).anybody on the same boat wit me?(pass the PAC n received the exam letter) icon_question.gif
NeuroOne
post Jan 30 2009, 08:17 PM

Casual
495 posts

aik??
u hv passed the PAC, then receive a letter to attend exam?
go in reverse?
mrsbrightside
post Jan 30 2009, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(lactose_operon @ Jan 30 2009, 06:01 PM)
erm..guys..i checked the online SPA portal n i managed to pass the PAC. but yesterday i received a letter for examination (the 1st stage).anybody on the same boat wit me?(pass the PAC n received the exam letter) icon_question.gif
nah. dat happens. doesn't mean that u failed the pac. i dunno why they would sent the letter for exam. but what i've been told that, if u encounter this kind of situation, u can are advised to go for both the exam and interview. u never know whether u will pass the interview. coz, if u fail the interview, u're back to square one. dat is the exam. so, ur taking the exam is like speeding the process of stages. not need to wait for the intake. however, just perform ur best. thumbup.gif
tenno
post Jan 31 2009, 01:48 AM

Livestrong
3,550 posts

This is normal. I'm sure U guys applied 2-3 times right ?
aku69
post Jan 31 2009, 03:24 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

i also used to be a heavy smoker, but now down to 10 cig a day. yay!

but must i actively join the association or any club in order to make my resume more umph?
lactose_operon
post Jan 31 2009, 03:00 PM

[WTS] l.o.v.3
1,183 posts

QUOTE(tenno @ Jan 31 2009, 01:48 AM)
This is normal. I'm sure U guys applied 2-3 times right ?
i applied few times oredy.but after the last xm i din even re-apply...
shud i go for the xm o juz ignore it?wil they blacklist my name if i din go 2 the xm? icon_question.gif
tenno
post Jan 31 2009, 11:54 PM

Livestrong
3,550 posts

QUOTE(lactose_operon @ Jan 31 2009, 03:00 PM)
i applied few times oredy.but after the last xm i din even re-apply...
shud i go for the xm o juz ignore it?wil they blacklist my name if i din go 2 the xm? icon_question.gif
Nope. Dun worry.

but must i actively join the association or any club in order to make my resume more umph?

Not necessarily.
howeijie
post Feb 2 2009, 12:35 AM

On my way
530 posts

Anybody get the letter to attend examination of the coming 21 February ?
menrva
post Feb 2 2009, 11:25 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(howeijie @ Feb 2 2009, 12:35 AM)
Anybody get the letter to attend examination of the coming 21 February ?
I got the letter last week. Still have plenty of time to prepare. Better start now!
dEviLs
post Feb 4 2009, 12:19 PM

Three Suns~
2,788 posts

same situation here for my gf
called SPA many times this morning but all were engaged/not answered doh.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by dEviLs: Feb 4 2009, 12:20 PM

169 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:34 PM