Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Model Kits/Toys Painting, Building, Modding Thread, v4

views

lfcreds91
post Jul 5 2021, 02:07 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(xKeneshirox @ Jun 29 2021, 04:39 PM)
Only just realized that there's a proper "painting" thread. My bad.
Sifus, Im renting a room for the foreseable future, so i cant use a spray can outside in the yard.
A friend suggested I can use a small-ish air brush hooked up to compressed air can to spray acrylic indoors. Is that a bad idea?
Does something like.. an airbrush, hoodbox rental service exist? like where I can bring my paints there and use their airbrush for a price?

I've got very limited space in here, so it's one study table that also holds my laptop. But I can move that to the side if needed.
i know that hobbystore in KD and ICW in tropicana has that rent-a-ab service. WIth MCO it's prolly not allowed for now
carpathia
post Jul 6 2021, 12:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

Best painting plamo workstation money can buy today.... this whole thing weighs 24kg before even putting on your tools and paint!!

kayFX
post Jul 6 2021, 08:55 PM

i got title 0.o
913 posts

QUOTE(carpathia @ Jul 6 2021, 12:21 AM)
Best painting plamo workstation money can buy today.... this whole thing weighs 24kg before even putting on your tools and paint!!

Demm Arttystation is so expensive.. alternatively can go for Thailand brand Ten In One hobby'tool or Chick Master even tho the selection is limited sweat.gif
carpathia
post Jul 6 2021, 10:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(kayFX @ Jul 6 2021, 08:55 PM)
Demm Arttystation is so expensive.. alternatively can go for Thailand brand Ten In One hobby'tool or Chick Master even tho the selection is limited sweat.gif
Agree, Arttystation is premium but for the price you are getting great value. They use Double coated and high density MDF board. Every Arttystation i have seen is super heavy and frankly, will last you a lifetime.
xKeneshirox
post Jul 16 2021, 08:02 PM

Casual
338 posts

has anyone had experience using that Samurai brand primer for gunpla priming? Or any other hardware store primer? I've got some vallejo paints and my previous attempt to hand paint primer was quite shit. So I'm looking for an alternative.

in sarawak. Can't find a black primer spray. All I can find is a Mr Hobby Aqueous Primer grey at RM 50, which is a bit much...

Painting my MG Jesta.

Can't fit an airbrush into my room to use and I can't justify the cost of a portable airbrush since I'm not sure how much gunpla I'm gonna get to actually do.

This post has been edited by xKeneshirox: Jul 16 2021, 08:03 PM
carpathia
post Jul 16 2021, 10:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(xKeneshirox @ Jul 16 2021, 08:02 PM)
has anyone had experience using that Samurai brand primer for gunpla priming? Or any other hardware store primer? I've got some vallejo paints and my previous attempt to hand paint primer was quite shit. So I'm looking for an alternative.

in sarawak. Can't find a black primer spray. All I can find is a Mr Hobby Aqueous Primer grey at RM 50, which is a bit much...

Painting my MG Jesta.

Can't fit an airbrush into my room to use and I can't justify the cost of a portable airbrush since I'm not sure how much gunpla I'm gonna get to actually do.
not recommended samurai for primer... finishing not smooth, you will see particles

anyways, order online la
xKeneshirox
post Jul 16 2021, 11:14 PM

Casual
338 posts

QUOTE(carpathia @ Jul 16 2021, 11:39 PM)
not recommended samurai for primer... finishing not smooth, you will see particles

anyways, order online la
Cannot. cant ship from West Malaysia to East malaysia.
In East malaysia only got Mr Hobby surfacer or aqueous surfacer, but both grey

Got told the Finishing Surfacer doesn't work well with the Vallejo brand paints.

This post has been edited by xKeneshirox: Jul 16 2021, 11:16 PM
carpathia
post Jul 17 2021, 12:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(xKeneshirox @ Jul 16 2021, 11:14 PM)
Cannot. cant ship from West Malaysia to East malaysia.
In East malaysia only got Mr Hobby surfacer or aqueous surfacer, but both grey

Got told the Finishing Surfacer doesn't work well with the Vallejo brand paints.
Try order from this shop in sabah ? https://www.facebook.com/HOBBYKINGDOMS
xKeneshirox
post Jul 17 2021, 05:22 PM

Casual
338 posts

QUOTE(carpathia @ Jul 17 2021, 01:05 PM)
Try order from this shop in sabah ? https://www.facebook.com/HOBBYKINGDOMS
Thanks. I legit having trouble finding gunpla stores that do delivery. Hopefully they have
RigerZ
post Jul 30 2021, 07:58 PM

On the way on the way
953 posts

QUOTE(delroz @ Oct 24 2019, 01:01 PM)
user posted image

Dear sifus, wondering if :

2. This spray can safe to be used on gunpla?

Feedbacks much appreciated. 🤗🤗🤗
QUOTE(Khai62 @ Oct 24 2019, 02:40 PM)

2. I only have some experience with Anchor one and it seem to work well. You can just test with random plastic runner to see if it eat it. Just make sure to not put thick coat on it.

Hi, I was wondering if any other modellers have experiences using commercial aerosol spray paints/clearcoats, in whether:

1. Did it damage the plastic
2. Did it affect cementing/gluing
3. Did it affect decals sticking to the surface after painting

I found this article:

Spray paints in hobby shops are specially formulated for plastic models - they have a "cool" chemical composition that's harmless to delicate plastic parts. Paints in auto-parts and hardware stores, however, are quite the opposite. Most of these fast-drying paints contain "hot" solvents that can damage plastic. To use one of these hot paints on plastic, you'll need a barrier of primer between the paint and the plastic.

carpathia
post Aug 1 2021, 01:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

Entry level Arttystation workstation to put all your paint, brush, tools . highly recommended , solid quality.

carpathia
post Aug 3 2021, 05:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

This book not bad, 131 pages, lots of advance techniques for so many different kits. Side note - anyone built the Kotobukiya METAL GEAR SOLID kits ? is it worth it ?

audionutter
post Aug 7 2021, 02:40 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

Is there any Malaysian online shop that sells Tamiya PS spray paint for polycarbonate?
carpathia
post Aug 27 2021, 10:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

For those of you getting into painting your kits but not ready to try airbrushing, you can try the Hobby Mio colour markers. very easy to use and cheap.

44 Pages « < 42 43 44Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:27 PM