Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to apply for SIRIM?, Update: Procedure to apply inside

farsight73
post Nov 14 2018, 11:36 AM

Group: Junior Member

Bought a phone from USA last Thursday and paid via ebay. Shipping was super fast through FedEx and arrived as expected but then it got hold-up at KLIA Custom and needing SIRIM permit. After made countless calls to Fedex and Sirim to get the information I needed. The process to release the item was such a difficult process that I need to go to Shah Alam Sirim if I need it fast or wait 48 to 72 hrs if I only submitting via email or fax. BTW, I stayed at Nilai (If you would see the distance and trouble to Shah Alam)

Custom Import Duty Ask for RM100++
Sirim Permit ask for RM150++

If I go all the way by myself... Time + Petrol + Toll + me getting tired..

After thinking all the obstacles up front.. I took the 2nd option.. get my broker agent to handle this.. Paid him RM500 and got the parcel delivered within 2 hrs only. Happy Ending..

This post has been edited by farsight73: Nov 14 2018, 11:37 AM
powerbarr
post Nov 27 2018, 11:20 AM

QUOTE(LNB1 @ Oct 7 2018, 11:28 PM)
this professional agent have SIRIM contact and cleared all my stuck items -    rclxms.gif
contact Petra 012-2796220
initially this guy was okay. very friendly chap. he said he will do mine the following week coz he’s outstation. i said okay. yesterday and today i call and text but to no answer. like he’s MIA. my parcel is an important stuff coz i need to use it asap. sigh
powerbarr
post Nov 27 2018, 11:21 AM

QUOTE(farsight73 @ Nov 14 2018, 11:36 AM)
Bought a phone from USA last Thursday and paid via ebay. Shipping was super fast through FedEx and arrived as expected but then it got hold-up at KLIA Custom and needing SIRIM permit. After made countless calls to Fedex and Sirim to get the information I needed. The process to release the item was such a difficult process that I need to go to Shah Alam Sirim if I need it fast or wait 48 to 72 hrs if I only submitting via email or fax. BTW, I stayed at Nilai (If you would see the distance and trouble to Shah Alam)

After thinking all the obstacles up front.. I took the 2nd option.. get my broker agent to handle this.. Paid him RM500 and got the parcel delivered within 2 hrs only. Happy Ending..
can recommend me ur agent?

lisachi85
post Nov 27 2018, 03:27 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(powerbarr @ Nov 27 2018, 11:20 AM)
initially this guy was okay. very friendly chap. he said he will do mine the following week coz he’s outstation. i said okay. yesterday and today i call and text but to no answer. like he’s MIA. my parcel is an important stuff coz i need to use it asap. sigh
Hi, you can try contact this agent: 01132909022 -Ansarcomp or email to them at ap-label@ansarcomp.com.my. I just used their services recently.
calvin_gsc
post Nov 29 2018, 03:17 PM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(aa*ron @ Mar 17 2017, 05:46 PM)
I've tested the methods today, and it works!
After submitted all the forms, supporting documents, and payment, you'll received 3 email in total:

1. e-ComM Application Notification: e.g. "Your quotation for application DRAFT/XX/99/9999/X is ready. Please kindly acknowledge the quotation."

2. The 2nd e-ComM Application Notification: e.g. "Your application File No. DRAFT/XX/99/9999/X  is change to SQASI/XX/99/9999/X and accepted by SIRIM.
Kindly submit your sample to SIRIM." [NOTE: At this point, you DON'T need to do anything, just WAIT for the 3rd email.]

3. Acknowledged by Customs: e.g. "Kindly refer attachment and forward your import permit to forwarder agent for clearance purposed." [NOTE: This email contained a document (Certificate of Approval), you need to send it to your forwarded agent (in my case is Fedex). Then the agent will proceed with pre-clearance, which SIRIM will do the product assessment.]

4. Within 2 days, Fedex sent me an SMS inform me about the duty/tax amount. I made a called to them, being told that my parcel will be sent by Gdex, and I just need to pay the duty/tax when the item arrive.

So, that's my whole journey on Import Permit application. While a agent quoted me RM200++ for this, I handled it by myself with just RM106.00, and everything are done within 2-3 days. Give it a try!
I ordered a 360 action camera from China. Receive email notice and documents from Fedex. I used the Sirim ePermit also. I submitted forms and payment to SIRIM same day. Got the permit the next day via email. Submitted permit to Fedex and got the item delivered the next day.

Ansarcomp quoted me RM250
Fedex 3rd Party RM200

QUOTE(farsight73 @ Nov 14 2018, 11:36 AM)

The duty/sales tax payment is to Customs department. Fedex charges RM5.00 service fee only. The payment can be paid to Fedex guy upon delivery via cash/cheque. I applied SIRIM ePermit via email, payment of RM100 to SIRIM via ebanking. No trips were made to SIRIM. This method took around 2 days vs your 2 hours but much cheaper as no middle man.

apekpro96
post Nov 30 2018, 05:32 PM

QUOTE(yogurt7 @ Oct 12 2018, 11:27 PM)
Just want to check, since I can't find any firm answer. I bought nVidia Shield TV from Amazon for personal use only, same case as other, got stuck at Customs. Already clear everything with SIRIM until got Certificate of Approval, which I sent back to courier to deal with Customs and release the item.

However, I also got email that I need to sent the product/sample for testing. Anyone ignore this email, or didn't sent the product for testing? Should I sent an appeal email to waive the testing? Notice that testing will be done at SIRIM office Shah Alam, and the product location is 500 km away.

Thinking to ignore the testing, but just want make sure the consequence.
I also got this evaluation email..and not yet receive my permit..now what happen bro..did u sent it?
slap2begin
post Dec 14 2018, 01:22 AM

Casual

hi,

can anyone help me with this sirim if i want to bring item more then 12 unit? i mean the same model of item that required epermit but want to bring it more then 12 unit? how to apply permit more then 12 unit? do i need to register company? any form? help me pls
lisachi85
post Dec 19 2018, 11:01 AM

QUOTE(slap2begin @ Dec 14 2018, 01:22 AM)
hi,

can anyone help me with this sirim if i want to bring item more then 12 unit? i mean the same model of item that required epermit but want to bring it more then 12 unit? how to apply permit more then 12 unit? do i need to register company? any form? help me pls
If not mistakes, you can apply under personal too. You can try email to ap-label@ansarcomp.com.my or call at 01132909022 -Ansarcomp. They 're sirim agent that can help you. I just used their services recently.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 11 2019, 07:56 PM

Casual

QUOTE(yogurt7 @ Oct 12 2018, 11:27 PM)
Just want to check, since I can't find any firm answer. I bought nVidia Shield TV from Amazon for personal use only, same case as other, got stuck at Customs. Already clear everything with SIRIM until got Certificate of Approval, which I sent back to courier to deal with Customs and release the item.

However, I also got email that I need to sent the product/sample for testing. Anyone ignore this email, or didn't sent the product for testing? Should I sent an appeal email to waive the testing? Notice that testing will be done at SIRIM office Shah Alam, and the product location is 500 km away.

Thinking to ignore the testing, but just want make sure the consequence.
QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Oct 24 2018, 05:47 PM)
Similar thing happen to me too. So what happen for urself?
QUOTE(apekpro96 @ Nov 30 2018, 05:32 PM)
I also got this evaluation email..and not yet receive my permit..now what happen bro..did u sent it?
Hi guys, did all of you send your product in for SIRIM testing? I just received the same email asking to send item in for testing... I applied via email.

Here's the email:

Dear Sir / Madam,

SQASI/XX/NOTIF/XXXXXXX/2019 11-02-2019

Please be informed that we have received your Special Approval application file number SQASI/XX/XX/XXXX/X.
Please take note that for Personal/ Company/ Training category, you are required to submit the sample for evaluation/ testing within 14 (fourteen) working days from the schedule date which is on 12-02-2019.
For R&D / Demo / Market-Survey / Exhibition category, sample is not required.
If there is no submission of sample within 14 working days, SIRIM QAS International will email a cancellation notice whereby the application will be cancelled.
Pursuant to that, applicant may appeal in order to proceed with the application. However, if no confirmation/acknowledgement is received within 7 days from the cancellation notice date, SIRIM QAS International shall proceed to close the Special Approval application.
For more details, please log in to https://ecomm.sirim.my to view your application or email to cmcstech@sirim.my
yogurt7
post Feb 17 2019, 06:13 PM

Why So Serious
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 11 2019, 07:56 PM)
Hi guys, did all of you send your product in for SIRIM testing? I just received the same email asking to send item in for testing... I applied via email.

Here's the email:
hi, just want to confirm that I didn't sent my goods for testing, and no further email coming from SIRIM. I think should be OK, right? since we only use it for personal, not as re-seller.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 18 2019, 12:52 PM

Casual

QUOTE(yogurt7 @ Feb 17 2019, 06:13 PM)
hi, just want to confirm that I didn't sent my goods for testing, and no further email coming from SIRIM. I think should be OK, right? since we only use it for personal, not as re-seller.
Yeah should be fine. I got the import permit even without sending samples in. The sample request email is likely just an automated notification
FluffyTee
post Yesterday, 05:13 AM

Casual

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 11 2019, 07:56 PM)

Here's the email:
just apply for SIRIM permit with the details of ur product. Dont need to bring it for testing. I understand that was an automated email.
In most cases, as long the item ur bringing into malaysia is a common known item (in my case, a well known brand laptop) SIRIM would permit it without needing to test the item.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0808sec    2.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd February 2019 - 02:19 AM