Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guild Wars 2 v8, Sequel to Guild Wars

views

vccy118
post Jun 28 2017, 11:07 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(svfn @ Jun 28 2017, 10:05 PM)
yeah earlier i saw got when i linked. but it seems like nuuvem has some restrictions, need US paypal or smth =/

gamesplanet is ok, official retailer
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/guild-wars-...ttimonster=itad

dlgamer lowest, but i think Malaysian can't buy last time i tried.
https://www.dlgamer.com/us/games/buy-guild-...of-thorns-29808

some other cheaper places like cdkeys.com or offgamers but i don't recommend using them because they are not official retailer, don't wanna risk it.
Thanks for the info!

Maybe will wait for a while longer, still got some content to try out as f2p player flex.gif
vccy118
post Jun 30 2017, 04:19 PM

Casual
374 posts

My maybank debit car/paypal for some reason cannot purchase for any of the official sites... so I pulled the gun and got it fro cdkeys.com
yuka
post Jul 1 2017, 12:31 AM

ヾ(\ ̄ー ̄)
2,265 posts

Am looking for 2000 gemcard with legit source. any recommendation? Thanks
azizul1975
post Jul 4 2017, 04:52 PM

Regular
1,075 posts

QUOTE(yuka @ Jul 1 2017, 12:31 AM)
Am looking for 2000 gemcard with legit source. any recommendation? Thanks
try Offgamers. they are legit.
adamcyr
post Jul 29 2017, 01:10 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

hi guys..im just about to try out the free version of guild wars 2 and may I knw do i have to create a new character after i upgrade to HoT?and where to purchase HoT ultimate other than the official website?
svfn
post Jul 29 2017, 05:38 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(adamcyr @ Jul 29 2017, 01:10 AM)
hi guys..im just about to try out the free version of guild wars 2 and may I knw do i have to create a new character after i upgrade to HoT?and where to purchase HoT ultimate other than the official website?
no u get to keep your characters after upgrade. i suggest buying only from official retailers like gamesplanet.com.

dont buy HoT now, expansion gonna be announced 1st August, so the next expansion might include HoT+Base+new expansion for 1 price.
malakus
post Aug 2 2017, 06:57 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

Hot+New expansion will cost 49.99 dollars

New elite specialization, new desert map and mounts specialization.

Savor_Savvy
post Aug 2 2017, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(malakus @ Aug 2 2017, 06:57 AM)
Hot+New expansion will cost 49.99 dollars

New elite specialization, new desert map and mounts specialization.

I do not have HoT and eager to get the set. Is it worth it? How about the living world Ep2?

This post has been edited by Savor_Savvy: Aug 2 2017, 12:45 PM
malakus
post Aug 3 2017, 07:39 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Aug 2 2017, 12:44 PM)
I do not have HoT and eager to get the set. Is it worth it? How about the living world Ep2?
I don't really play living world or even the personal story. I just run around. But the gliding mechanic is very fun and made travelling easier.

Don't know the new elite specs is going to fare with HoT elite specs but necro feels incomplete without reaper specs. Rangers new pets are fun too.

Don't really like HoT maps though..
svfn
post Aug 3 2017, 01:21 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Aug 2 2017, 12:44 PM)
HoT is more of a feature pack, it adds Gliding which you can use in open world. HoT elite specs are good but most will prob be overshadowed by PoF specs when it comes out. Raids are also in HoT areas. some of the generation 2 legendaries or legendary armor also require HoT.

the Living Story episodes were free if you logged in when it was released, but costs gems now to unlock. each LWS3 episode adds 1 new map area for HoT, some are good for getting ascended trinkets for instance.

the story is mediocre to me, i just complete it once for unlocking map and rewards, but at least it is more interesting than the HoT story itself. you can also play with a friend who has the episode unlocked if you just want the story but wont get the rewards.

HoT maps are more challenging to navigate around than core Tyria maps though, but i like it alot, especially the verticality of maps with underground/canopy layers and your map actually does not help tongue.gif the main 4 HoT maps that you will get have meta events which is like open world teamwork to defeat a boss or defend areas.

i think if you like map exploration HoT has some good zones, gliding is very nice to have and elite specs like Daredevil for Thief is really nice.

This post has been edited by svfn: Aug 3 2017, 11:40 PM
Savor_Savvy
post Aug 3 2017, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(malakus @ Aug 3 2017, 07:39 AM)
I don't really play living world or even the personal story. I just run around. But the gliding mechanic is very fun and made travelling easier.

Don't know the new elite specs is going to fare with HoT elite specs but necro feels incomplete without reaper specs. Rangers new pets are fun too.

Don't really like HoT maps though..
QUOTE(svfn @ Aug 3 2017, 01:21 PM)
HoT is more of a feature pack, it adds Gliding which you can use in open world. HoT elite specs are good but most will prob be overshadowed by PoF specs when it comes out. Raids are also in HoT areas. some of the generation 2 legendaries or legendary armor also require HoT.

the Living Story episodes were free if you logged in when it was released, but costs gems now to unlock. each episode adds 1 new map area for HoT, some are good for getting ascended trinkets for instance.

the story is mediocre to me, i just complete it once for unlocking map and rewards, but at least it is more interesting than the HoT story itself. you can also play with a friend who has the episode unlocked if you just want the story but wont get the rewards.

HoT maps are more challenging to navigate around than core Tyria maps though, but i like it alot, especially the verticality of maps with underground/canopy layers and your map actually does not help tongue.gif the main 4 HoT maps that you will get have meta events which is like open world teamwork to defeat a boss or defend areas.

i think if you like map exploration HoT has some good zones, gliding is very nice to have and elite specs like Daredevil for Thief is really nice.
You need a level 80 character to enter Hearts of Maguuma, right?
svfn
post Aug 3 2017, 11:04 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Aug 3 2017, 10:48 PM)
You need a level 80 character to enter Hearts of Maguuma, right?
yea, but if you have the level 80 boost from buying HoT/PoF you can use it. although not recommended for first time players since new player may be overwhelmed with the amount of traits/skills if straight to 80.
sai86
post Aug 3 2017, 11:27 PM

StilL LearninG
4,928 posts

how can i unlock Living world season 2? by getting HOT?

and yeah, getting a character to lvl 80 can be done by just grinding the main storyline and some quest.
svfn
post Aug 3 2017, 11:49 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(sai86 @ Aug 3 2017, 11:27 PM)
how can i unlock Living world season 2? by getting HOT?

and yeah, getting a character to lvl 80 can be done by just grinding the main storyline and some quest.
Living World Season 2 can be added for $16 when you checkout the HoT/PoF bundle (can then buy on its own i think). but LWS2 story is pre HoT, Season 3 is the one in between HoT and PoF, and unlocks 1 new map zone for each chapter.

story is like this: Personal Story (base game) -> LWS1 (not available to play) -> LWS2 -> HoT -> LWS3 -> PoF

both Season 2 & Season 3 can be bought ingame via Gems. each chapter in LWS2/LWS3 can be unlocked for 200 Gems, so you don't need to buy all at once. you can buy Gems with real $ or with ingame gold.

if you've logged in during the episode's release, you would already have unlocked it for free, even though you don't yet have the HoT expansion. check your Story Journal tab.

This post has been edited by svfn: Aug 3 2017, 11:51 PM
paqralos
post Aug 4 2017, 09:00 AM

p@qY
4,476 posts

Hi all, is it worth to buy the game?? smile.gif
Savor_Savvy
post Aug 4 2017, 09:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(svfn @ Aug 3 2017, 11:04 PM)
yea, but if you have the level 80 boost from buying HoT/PoF you can use it. although not recommended for first time players since new player may be overwhelmed with the amount of traits/skills if straight to 80.
Yeah, I know the boost will be given. I had a level 80 human warrior before from grinding but i have deleted the character. Now start grinding back. How can I enhance my achievement points? It is still less than 1000.
svfn
post Aug 4 2017, 12:45 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Aug 4 2017, 09:51 AM)
Yeah, I know the boost will be given. I had a level 80 human warrior before from grinding but i have deleted the character. Now start grinding back. How can I enhance my achievement points? It is still less than 1000.
you could prob use the boost then, since levelling can be quite slow imo. achievement points come from mostly just playing the game, exploring/doing JP, PvP, doing story journal. dailys give 10 AP, you can see the panel which one is more interesting for you to do.

QUOTE(paqralos @ Aug 4 2017, 09:00 AM)
Hi all, is it worth to buy the game?? smile.gif
base game is free to play with some minor restrictions like chat/tp. try it yourself and see.
paqralos
post Aug 4 2017, 01:17 PM

p@qY
4,476 posts

QUOTE(svfn @ Aug 4 2017, 12:45 PM)
you could prob use the boost then, since levelling can be quite slow imo. achievement points come from mostly just playing the game, exploring/doing JP, PvP, doing story journal. dailys give 10 AP, you can see the panel which one is more interesting for you to do.
base game is free to play with some minor restrictions like chat/tp. try it yourself and see.
Okies.

Can I know if there are a lot of people still playing this game? Which server are you in bro?? smile.gif
svfn
post Aug 4 2017, 01:44 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(paqralos @ Aug 4 2017, 01:17 PM)
Okies.

Can I know if there are a lot of people still playing this game? Which server are you in bro?? smile.gif
HoT zones are still pretty active, core Tyria my be a little quiet. Malaysian guild i know HAX is quite active, CCTV fewer ppl now. i recommend playing on NA realm since there are SEA/Oceanic players there. i am on Sea of Sorrows NA, which server u pick is mostly for WvW, PvE doesnt matter which server.
paqralos
post Aug 4 2017, 03:14 PM

p@qY
4,476 posts

QUOTE(svfn @ Aug 4 2017, 01:44 PM)
HoT zones are still pretty active, core Tyria my be a little quiet. Malaysian guild i know HAX is quite active, CCTV fewer ppl now. i recommend playing on NA realm since there are SEA/Oceanic players there. i am on Sea of Sorrows NA, which server u pick is mostly for WvW, PvE doesnt matter which server.
Alright. I will take your advise smile.gif

Thanks bro. thumbup.gif

50 Pages « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 AM