Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kelisa Club Tok

views

SUSdjtong
post May 4 2016, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(cognac @ May 4 2016, 08:36 AM)
thats the ECU bro....without that the car can't start. just cover it or avoid moving it.
It's not the ECU. That's on the left side in front of the door.

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ May 4 2016, 08:36 AM)
Where you find this?
On the floor behind the centre console ashtray.

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ May 4 2016, 08:36 AM)
Is the material light?
No, it's heavy. Each sheet is 1000mmx500mmx2mm. Weighs about 2 kg. Meant to stick on the doors/roof etc to make it sound less like Milo tin. This is known as mass loading. Material is butyl rubber, same as Dynamat. They sell with aluminium backing and without. Without is cheaper, like RM60 per piece. With is smaller and costs like RM80 per piece. Most critical areas for Kelisa are the doors and roof. Big difference.

QUOTE(chanyee @ May 4 2016, 08:36 AM)
this is centre locking box..
thanks!
tried disconnecting it and the central lock didn't work anymore.

Ginta0516
post May 5 2016, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Do you guys know where can I get service/repair manual for Kelisa? I couldn't find it online..
jVIPERs2
post May 5 2016, 10:51 AM

LY.N Enthusiast
1,648 posts

QUOTE(djtong @ May 4 2016, 08:33 PM)
No, it's heavy. Each sheet is 1000mmx500mmx2mm. Weighs about 2 kg. Meant to stick on the doors/roof etc to make it sound less like Milo tin. This is known as mass loading. Material is butyl rubber, same as Dynamat. They sell with aluminium backing and without. Without is cheaper, like RM60 per piece. With is smaller and costs like RM80 per piece. Most critical areas for Kelisa are the doors and roof. Big difference.
How many pieces did you need to install?

Did it affect the performance of the car or is it a worthy trade off for better insulation?
Sh@rty 5
post May 5 2016, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(djtong @ May 3 2016, 08:43 PM)
Friends, any idea what this device is for?
Currently applying soundproofing and removing all unused items to simplify the interior.

user posted image
wow

share some pic once u r done

me too baru order some oem entry level sound damping, hoefully end of the month sampai

any owner mau diy ka, floor diy price shud be around 480 biggrin.gif
SUSdjtong
post May 5 2016, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ May 5 2016, 10:51 AM)
How many pieces did you need to install?

Did it affect the performance of the car or is it a worthy trade off for better insulation?
I already used up 8 pieces cut and paste where necessary. So far covered 4 doors, the entire firewall and entire boot area. Some places have two layers (e.g where the steel is thin and large areas). Went and got more plus some of the aluminium backed ones to do the roof. Also laying more to totally cover any cracks or joints so the floor is like one whole piece. This is to keep it waterproof.

I'm sure it affects the performance. Currently I've removed the entire dashboard, rear seats and plastic trim so it's much lighter and hence much faster. But I imagine I'll be quite sad when I put everything back. Also planning to replace the 3 cyl with Myvi 4 cyl to reduce vibrations.
jVIPERs2
post May 6 2016, 09:04 AM

LY.N Enthusiast
1,648 posts

QUOTE(djtong @ May 5 2016, 10:03 PM)
I already used up 8 pieces cut and paste where necessary. So far covered 4 doors, the entire firewall and entire boot area. Some places have two layers (e.g where the steel is thin and large areas). Went and got more plus some of the aluminium backed ones to do the roof. Also laying more to totally cover any cracks or joints so the floor is like one whole piece. This is to keep it waterproof.

I'm sure it affects the performance. Currently I've removed the entire dashboard, rear seats and plastic trim so it's much lighter and hence much faster. But I imagine I'll be quite sad when I put everything back. Also planning to replace the 3 cyl with Myvi 4 cyl to reduce vibrations.
Wow...really extensive DIY you have there...
No worries, keep us posted on the updates...it is certainly interesting and very motivational for others to do...

On the engine, are you sure the engine bay can fit a K3-VE? If it does, maybe the one frm Avanza would be better?
SUSdjtong
post May 8 2016, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ May 6 2016, 09:04 AM)
Wow...really extensive DIY you have there...
No worries, keep us posted on the updates...it is certainly interesting and very motivational for others to do...

On the engine, are you sure the engine bay can fit a K3-VE? If it does, maybe the one frm Avanza would be better?
Can kua. Been done many times. But better get halfcut from Storia or YRV then just need to remove the entire subframe with the engine and put in the new one.

It's quite easy, as seen in this episode of Mighty Car Mods
Mighty Car Mods Cuore
Only problem is with such high demand, this half cut is much pricier than it should be. Myvi engines are cheaper but dunno if will fit as easily.
[F]atalit[Y]
post May 9 2016, 04:31 PM

Casual
312 posts

Meh...made some major repairs...all my sealants and tubes for radiator hardened and replaced, drive shaft spoil after just 2 yrs of driving, bearing changed...now my lower arm on front both sides bush needs to be changed.

Any of u guys know where to get Japanese part for the lower arm? Preferably good performance ones.
tankx3
post May 9 2016, 06:40 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(FatalitY @ May 9 2016, 04:31 PM)
Meh...made some major repairs...all my sealants and tubes for radiator hardened and replaced, drive shaft spoil after just 2 yrs of driving, bearing changed...now my lower arm on front both sides bush needs to be changed.

Any of u guys know where to get Japanese part for the lower arm? Preferably good performance ones.
Bro, there's a lady at v2, who just change the lower arm of her kelisa right? Maybe you can ask her how is it.
I'm just wondering is it the coolant you used that causing the radiator sealants and tubes to harden? What are the symptoms?
I didn't use coolant before (just use water) 😅

areankim
post May 10 2016, 02:36 PM

"Live Life Cool"
3,697 posts

anyway change air intake? cos the current plastic with air filter vibrate like crazy, making alot of noises.
pluginbaby
post May 11 2016, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(areankim @ May 10 2016, 02:36 PM)
anyway change air intake? cos the current plastic with air filter vibrate like crazy, making alot of noises.
LOL true, happened to mine. A solution would be just tie it up reduce the vibration. No need to change parts if it is unnecessary
tankx3
post May 11 2016, 08:03 PM

1 posts

Kelisa front wiper is 16/18 right?
Want to ask which side is 16 or 18 (driver/passenger)

Ginta0516
post May 12 2016, 08:38 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

18"(driver)/16"(passenger)
tankx3
post May 13 2016, 06:58 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Ginta0516 @ May 12 2016, 08:38 AM)
18"(driver)/16"(passenger)
Thanks, fitting new front wipers done 😆

Previously use brand GAB wipers from Mr DIY. Last for a few months only. quality suxx
[F]atalit[Y]
post May 16 2016, 04:20 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(tankx3 @ May 9 2016, 06:40 PM)
Bro, there's a lady at v2, who just change the lower arm of her kelisa right? Maybe you can ask her how is it.
I'm just wondering is it the coolant you used that causing the radiator sealants and tubes to harden? What are the symptoms?
I didn't use coolant before (just use water) 😅
I think so...don't remember. Haha...

Nope...it's a wear and tear thing. It's been there since the first day purchase, so I guess 11-12 yrs down the road it'll stiffen and leak even break. Don't use water wo apparently. The sediments will clog your radiator fins. Which is true la...

QUOTE(areankim @ May 10 2016, 02:36 PM)
Hahaha...me too. When idle super noisy....Any other intake that we can look at?
pluginbaby
post May 25 2016, 09:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

Any members here know where to get sporty bodykit for kelisa? Been looking around mudah and other places online. Mostly are too expensive or too hideous T_T

Appreciate if anyone knows where to get. Preferred seller around KL
hollyweed
post Aug 2 2016, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Hi,

I want to change my kelisa 1.0 manual radiator, water pump and belting.
Can anyone recommend any workshop and estimate price for all?

Thanks guys!

Edit: Shah Alam/Subang area

This post has been edited by hollyweed: Aug 2 2016, 05:52 PM
Bentara Kaya
post Oct 20 2016, 08:31 AM

0 posts

Hi,
Anyone know where is the best workshop for kelisa near Skudai,Johor?
Help me please.
vaires
post Jan 29 2017, 06:36 AM

Casual
376 posts

Where can find radio that has Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack for Kelisa imago around KL? Thanks

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:35 PM