Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The best cinema hall in Malaysia!

terradrgn
post Mar 14 2019, 07:19 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(bylkw2 @ Mar 14 2019, 05:35 PM)
I just tried Atria ONYX, screen size is goddamn small, though it is sharp n crispy

So GSC ONYX is not really bigger as well? And no 2D option?

Big screen wise, has its image quality improved?

I had traumatic experience with GSC Big Screen years ago; damn though it was big, the sharpness was lacking, worst was that it had blur motions

Since that I dun dare to touch big screen til IMAX 2D, which indeed offers great immersive n big screen, but still the picture quality is not crisp n sharp enough too

Damn y dun we have an ONYX hall with IMAX size
GSC doesn't have big screen though..

Regarding the GSC Onyx hall, don't think they will do 2D for now since they advertise it as the first 3D ONYX screen in SEA.
Image quality here.. as you saw I posted, it stuttered when the camera pans. Other than that, I don't think it's that big an improvement if you like larger screens [immersive] like me. Try it out though, if you can go morning, RM13 is a pretty good deal.

TGV IMAX hall is alright if you like huge screens like me.
If you want, can try their Feel the Max that they do twice a month for RM5 [includes a drink]. first half of the movie is in normal hall, 2nd half is IMAX hall.

This post has been edited by terradrgn: Mar 16 2019, 12:08 AM
keewah
post Mar 15 2019, 01:34 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bylkw2 @ Mar 14 2019, 05:35 PM)
I just tried Atria ONYX, screen size is goddamn small, though it is sharp n crispy

So GSC ONYX is not really bigger as well? And no 2D option?

Big screen wise, has its image quality improved?

I had traumatic experience with GSC Big Screen years ago; damn though it was big, the sharpness was lacking, worst was that it had blur motions

Since that I dun dare to touch big screen til IMAX 2D, which indeed offers great immersive n big screen, but still the picture quality is not crisp n sharp enough too

Damn y dun we have an ONYX hall with IMAX size
Only if TGV will bring in IMAX Laser

hnnnnnnggnggggg
bylkw2
post Mar 15 2019, 03:36 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(terradrgn @ Mar 14 2019, 07:19 PM)
GSC doesn't have big screen though..

Regarding the GSC Onyx hall, don't think they will do 2D for now since they advertise it as the first 3D ONYX screen in SEA.
Image quality here.. as you saw I posted, it stuttered when the camera pans. Other than that, I don't think it's that big an improvement if you like larger screens [immersive] like me. Try it out though, if you can go morning, RM13 is a pretty good deal.

TGV MAXX hall is alright if you like huge screens like me.
If you want, can try their Feel the Max that they do twice a month for RM5 [includes a drink]. first half of the movie is in normal hall, 2nd half is IMAX hall.
It was GSC Maxx if I’m not mistaken

Arghh, sad to know that they don’t provide 2D alternative, as I’m glasses, watching 3D is never really fun and enjoyable for me

Probably I can try TGV Maxx, where can I actually find it, as I can’t seem to find it on web

bylkw2
post Mar 15 2019, 03:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(keewah @ Mar 15 2019, 01:34 AM)
Only if TGV will bring in IMAX Laser

hnnnnnnggnggggg
hopefully others will bring in
is IMAX exclusive to TGV only in MY? as we don't see MBO n GSC having it
terradrgn
post Mar 16 2019, 12:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bylkw2 @ Mar 15 2019, 03:36 PM)
It was GSC Maxx if I’m not mistaken

Arghh, sad to know that they don’t provide 2D alternative, as I’m glasses, watching 3D is never really fun and enjoyable for me

Probably I can try TGV Maxx, where can I actually find it, as I can’t seem to find it on web
My bad. It's TGV IMAX. I usually go to 1 Utama's one.

Regarding the rm5 tix, it's here.
They will update what movie when it's closer to the dates. Usually about.. a week, I think.

Do note sometimes it's 3D.... the first time i went for the movie Glass, no glasses.
Alita had glasses. rclxub.gif

It MIGHT be that 7pm ones are 3d [alita]
and 2pm ones are not [Glass] but i've only been twice so I can't draw a good conclusion.

This post has been edited by terradrgn: Mar 16 2019, 12:13 AM
SSJBen
post Mar 18 2019, 06:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Malaysia cinemas are truly just borderline decent only. There's not a single good one, even when it's entirely new.
terradrgn
post Mar 18 2019, 09:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Mar 18 2019, 06:48 PM)
Malaysia cinemas are truly just borderline decent only. There's not a single good one, even when it's entirely new.
If we take into account the prices of our tickets, compared to foreign countries, I think it's a pretty good deal.
But then again I didn't watch movies in many countries. Just hearsay from friends of HK and TW.

Care to advise on which countries cinema we should keep an eye out for? Can consider to watch a movie if so happen to holiday there.
SSJBen
post Mar 18 2019, 10:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(terradrgn @ Mar 18 2019, 09:32 PM)
If we take into account the prices of our tickets, compared to foreign countries, I think it's a pretty good deal.
But then again I didn't watch movies in many countries. Just hearsay from friends of HK and TW.

Care to advise on which countries cinema we should keep an eye out for? Can consider to watch a movie if so happen to holiday there.
Sure, if price IS part of the discussion, nothing beats a dedicated Home Theatre - built from the ground up. But that would be an endless debate, no?

That's why I said borderline decent. I think the local cinemas are charged right, but there can be improvements. Example, do you know that the current GSC Maxx at MyTown has issues with the subs and the ceiling? The ceiling is rattling and it's been that way for over 3 months now - I watched Aquaman in Dec and Cap Marvel yesterday, rattling is STILL there ffs. Oh and the the top right sub (they have 5 subs, 4 on the ceiling) is busted but of course no one knows wtf I'm talking about when I bring it up. doh.gif

As for countries, check the list of Dolby Vision cinemas in the US and the UK. As far as commercial goes, they are the benchmark right now. I happen to travel to Houston Texas often enough (family in law there), so AMC @ Katy Mills or Willowbrook is where I usually go to. The best is apparently the Odeon at Leceister for now, but I've not had the chance to visit it yet.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Mar 19 2019, 02:55 AM

9 Pages « < 7 8 9Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0707sec    5.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 01:16 AM