Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

89 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Interview, What to prepare...

views

syieramilia
post Oct 21 2015, 01:35 PM

30 posts

Hy all.. Last time I've went to walk in interview in company A. Is it ok if I come again for another walk in interview weeks afterwards, but this time i wanna try for different position. Would they treat me as a new candidate? since they have my previous itview records alredy. Last time they said results will be out within 2 weeks, but I assume i'd failed already.
Little Birdie
post Oct 22 2015, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

He who speaks the least in an interview, wins.
Raymond Chong LK
post Oct 30 2015, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Good info. One of our best performing staff today actually came 45 minutes late with no proper excuse but we hired him anyway because we were desperate back then, but I still wouldn't recommend taking that risk with a job interview haha
JustcallmeLarry
post Dec 2 2015, 06:19 PM

Regular
1,363 posts

QUOTE(Little Birdie @ Oct 22 2015, 09:43 PM)
He who speaks the least in an interview, wins.
Hey guys after going for interviews roughly how long will it take for them to get back to you if you are accepted???
puppyee
post Jan 18 2016, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

Hi,

I have a question. Usually when a company calls you for interview, what is the purpose of them asking for a copy of your result transcript and passport sized photo?

fuzzy
post Jan 18 2016, 11:25 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(puppyee @ Jan 18 2016, 10:53 AM)
Hi,

I have a question. Usually when a company calls you for interview, what is the purpose of them asking for a copy of your result transcript and passport sized photo?
Results = to verify your mentioned qualification

Photo = to stick onto the application form so people remember you during and post interview
alien3d
post Jan 18 2016, 11:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(Raymond Chong LK @ Oct 30 2015, 11:24 AM)
Good info. One of our best performing staff today actually came 45 minutes late with no proper excuse but we hired him anyway because we were desperate back then, but I still wouldn't recommend taking that risk with a job interview haha
The reason is norm

1. To see empathy. If you pull up strict thingy.. you're in problem actually at the first place.
2. Even meet customer, sometimes late and sometime customer or late. So need to learn this situation. Unless you hired non executive most will see strict is a must.
3. Location,Location. If before some people will come 1 day before interview session but sometimes if something happen +- like pancit tire how? I do hope some give exact location. not diagram location.. Even some give google maps also wrong location. doh.gif

puppyee
post Jan 18 2016, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jan 18 2016, 11:25 AM)
Results = to verify your mentioned qualification

Photo = to stick onto the application form so people remember you during and post interview
Ah, I see. Thank you.

However, in my personal opinion, the results doesn't make much sense though. Firstly, the provided cert(s) would already show what result class one individual is in. Secondly, if an individual has been working for years, shouldn't his or her experience(s) matters more than a mere university/college results? I thought It was rather funny for a company to request for results for senior positions.

Nevertheless, I guess that is one of the "Standard" procedures for hiring in malaysia.
fuzzy
post Jan 18 2016, 12:39 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(puppyee @ Jan 18 2016, 11:52 AM)
Ah, I see. Thank you.

However, in my personal opinion, the results doesn't make much sense though. Firstly, the provided cert(s) would already show what result class one individual is in. Secondly, if an individual has been working for years, shouldn't his or her experience(s) matters more than a mere university/college results? I thought It was rather funny for a company to request for results for senior positions.

Nevertheless, I guess that is one of the "Standard" procedures for hiring in malaysia.
It is also partly to check against fake certs, etc..

And many of the HR simply ask for the sake of asking, without actually diving into the individual transcripts doh.gif
Raymond Chong LK
post Jan 18 2016, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Jan 18 2016, 11:37 AM)
The reason is norm

1. To see empathy. If you pull up strict thingy.. you're in problem actually at the first place.
2. Even meet customer, sometimes late and sometime customer or late. So need to learn this situation. Unless you hired non executive most will see strict is a must.
3. Location,Location.  If before some people will come 1 day before interview session but sometimes if something happen +- like pancit tire how? I do hope some give exact location. not diagram location.. Even some give google maps also wrong location. doh.gif
True. As long as proper notice is given in a polite manner, I guess it's fine to a certain extent.
Vortexx22
post Jan 27 2016, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

Hi all, what is the dress code if the interview is conducted on a restaurant, on Sunday?
babybell
post Jan 28 2016, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(Vortexx22 @ Jan 27 2016, 08:05 PM)
Hi all, what is the dress code if the interview is conducted on a restaurant, on Sunday?
Smart casual. Slack and a long sleeve shirt. No coats. Is it an informal interview?
Vortexx22
post Jan 31 2016, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(babybell @ Jan 28 2016, 10:25 AM)
Smart casual. Slack and a long sleeve shirt. No coats. Is it an informal interview?
Thanks for your input.

iirc the perosn who called me said the person in charge of the interview need to balik kampung before CNY. Btw the interview is held on February 7th, so I assume it is an informal interview? unsure.gif
babybell
post Feb 1 2016, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(Vortexx22 @ Jan 31 2016, 11:01 PM)
Thanks for your input.

iirc the perosn who called me said the person in charge of the interview need to balik kampung before CNY. Btw the interview is held on February 7th, so I assume it is an informal interview?  unsure.gif
Probably.... but better stick to smart casual so it's presentable.

All the best on the interview!

This post has been edited by babybell: Feb 1 2016, 10:21 AM
lopiop
post Feb 16 2016, 04:24 PM

Casual
310 posts

what to do if the interviewer gets annoyed of us? just their mood? i mean ask legit questions but they were like questioning why ur asking these questions? that left me quite uncomfortable afterwards
Verticalclutch
post Feb 25 2016, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(lopiop @ Feb 16 2016, 04:24 PM)
what to do if the interviewer gets annoyed of us? just their mood? i mean ask legit questions but they were like questioning why ur asking these questions? that left me quite uncomfortable afterwards
Keep answering objectively disregarding their mood. That's all.
shinchan99
post Mar 28 2016, 05:36 PM

On my way
618 posts

Hi all,

Say if the HR calls me and "verbally" tells me that I am hired, and they are processing the documentation and approval .. Usually how long should I expect the documents to be ready?

Is there any chance during this waiting period, they reject me? (Probably due to company restructure / save cost etc?)

fuzzy
post Mar 28 2016, 05:37 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

Usually it takes a week or two. Yes, they can still reject you during this period.

Do not tender your resignation until you have signed a letter of offer from the other company.
ldhong
post Mar 28 2016, 08:34 PM

On my way
620 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Mar 28 2016, 05:36 PM)
Hi all,

Say if the HR calls me and "verbally" tells me that I am hired, and they are processing the documentation and approval .. Usually how long should I expect the documents to be ready?

Is there any chance during this waiting period, they reject me? (Probably due to company restructure / save cost etc?)
QUOTE(fuzzy @ Mar 28 2016, 05:37 PM)
Usually it takes a week or two. Yes, they can still reject you during this period.

Do not tender your resignation until you have signed a letter of offer from the other company.
Hi, i am in the similar situation.

Let's say after i signed the offer letter can they still reject hiring?

And if the current company decides to counter offer can we still void the offer letter?

hmm.gif
fuzzy
post Mar 28 2016, 10:48 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(ldhong @ Mar 28 2016, 08:34 PM)
Hi, i am in the similar situation.

Let's say after i signed the offer letter can they still reject hiring?

And if the current company decides to counter offer can we still void the offer letter?

hmm.gif
Yes and yes. Basically, you and your company can terminate employment within 24 hours unless stated otherwise.

You negotiate counter offer before you sign the offer letter, not after.. You can renegade on it just like they can terminate but you spoil the relationship lo I guess..

89 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0501sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:36 AM