views

TSMavik
post Jan 29 2022, 07:44 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(xSean @ Jan 28 2022, 10:50 PM)
Yeah, nothing is certain even you are selected and sign offer letter soon but cancel due to freeze hiring. Even signed offer also can reject you.
If it is signed and they reject you, you have a clause to bring them to court as the offer letter is a contract and if they break it, you can bring it up to the courts for breach of contract.
quebix
post Mar 11 2022, 10:57 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(88njhl @ Sep 3 2021, 02:33 PM)
why do employee nowadays ffk interviews when they have confirmed the date and time with HR?
different generation.
selfish
Bug12 P
post Jun 25 2022, 09:11 PM

Probation
4 posts

Hey guysss,

I have a question. How long does it takes for banks to do background checking? When banks do background checking and I already signed statutory declaration does it mean that I already got the job offer ? Thanks guys.
sweet_pez
post Jun 27 2022, 10:35 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

Came across some pretty useful advice on Quora:

- Make sure you can back up any claims you made in your CV because you will be asked questions about it. Consider how you can demonstrate the claim not just repeat the claim, e.g. “I pay attention to detail” means nothing (especially if there is a spelling or grammatical mistake in your CV!). Tell them how you have used this skill and especially how that skill will help the company.

- Take time to consider the question they ask - a fast response can sound formulaic and insincere. To slow and it sounds like you are making it up on the spot.

Answer the question they ask, not the question you wanted them to ask!

Questions are often aimed at trying to understand how you work and whether you will fit into the company culture. Therefore drawing your answers from experience you have will demonstrate how you handled situations in the past.

- Identify what problem the company is trying to solve, and explain how you can be the solution. And that doesn’t mean saying “I can solve your problem”. It means taking the opportunity probably in the ‘any other questions’ bit, to show you have done your homework on the company e.g. “I know you are currently working on XYZ. We had something similar in my last role and encountered the issue of LMN. I was able to solve that problem by doing ABC and in doing so saved the organisation $XXXXX.”

- You should at a minimum have read the most recent annual report and strategic plan and be able to demonstrate how you can help the company reach or exceed their strategic goals.

- Look at the interviewer(s) in the eye. If there is more than one, direct your answer to the questioner whilst glancing round at the others to include them in your answer. Sit up straight but not stiff, you want to be seen as confident not aggressive and don’t slouch or put your feet on the table, you want to be seen as professional.

- Don’t answer questions about your current or previous salary or your expectations for you next one. You want to be paid what you are worth but you don’t want to price yourself out of the market. If you are asked about your previous salary say something like “I was paid according to the salary framework in place at the organisation”. Or if asked about expectations say something like “I am sure that any offer you make will reflect the position you are offering and the level of responsibility expected. I will be very happy to discuss this aspect further when I receive such an offer.”

All in it comes down to being yourself, being honest and drop the attitude. Interviewers have very accurate inbuilt BS monitors!

Another one:

- You can never be too prepared for an interview. Regardless of the companies size, it is important to gather these facts. Nothing worse than to interview a potential candidate and they don’t even know your companies name. (Yes it has happened) It shows a deep interest in the place you wish to work for.

- Another important aspect is to have a few questions ready to ask the interviewer when he/she asks if you have any questions for them. Try not to ask about unimportant issues at this juncture of the process. How many smoke breaks, can I listen to my iPod at my desk, is it ok to make personal calls from my desk. (Yes, I have been asks such questions).

Present yourself in such a manner that tells the interviewer that
a) he needs to hire you, and
b) you want to work for him/them.

Be ready to explain why they should hire you and that you will certainly be an asset to their organization.

- Role play with someone. This will give you an idea of what might be in store for you that you may not have considered. You can’t be over prepared!

Remember, you are simply one of many people that are trying to land this one position. So with a little bit of preparation, you could very well be their next employee! Best of luck!!!
sweet_pez
post Jun 27 2022, 11:00 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Bug12 @ Jun 25 2022, 09:11 PM)
Hey guysss,

I have a question. How long does it takes for banks to do background checking? When banks do background checking and I already signed statutory declaration does it mean that I already got the job offer ? Thanks guys.
The statutory declaration is merely granting the company permission to verify your background. If they actually spend the time to run the background check, that means you've got a high chance in getting the position. As usual, don't count your chickens before they hatch, because nothing is certain till you actually receive an official offer. Don't think so much and continue with your job hunt until you hear from them again (to which you can always drop them a courtesy note to check if no news from them in about 1 week or so).
TSMavik
post Jun 27 2022, 02:36 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(Bug12 @ Jun 25 2022, 09:11 PM)
Hey guysss,

Depending on your situation (e.g. fresh grad vs long time worker or have had multiple holdings or seats as directors), the background check can take from 3 days to 3 weeks.

As mentioned above, the statutory document means that you are stating that what you have submitted is the truth. There was once where I made a typo in the year of my previous employment history in the resume but it didn't match with the statutory document. The bank called back to verify it and I had to make sure and provide the proof of employment during that time.

You only get the job offer when you literally have the job offer in hand (physical document or soft copy), which is the employment contract.

This post has been edited by Mavik: Jun 27 2022, 02:39 PM
TSMavik
post Jun 27 2022, 02:44 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 27 2022, 10:35 AM)
Came across some pretty useful advice on Quora:

- Make sure you can back up any claims you made in your CV because you will be asked questions about it. Consider how you can demonstrate the claim not just repeat the claim, e.g. “I pay attention to detail” means nothing (especially if there is a spelling or grammatical mistake in your CV!). Tell them how you have used this skill and especially how that skill will help the company.

- Take time to consider the question they ask - a fast response can sound formulaic and insincere. To slow and it sounds like you are making it up on the spot.

Answer the question they ask, not the question you wanted them to ask!

Good one there, I think what needs to be called out especially after a number of resume reviews that I have done, is to ensure that whatever included in the CV is to ensure that it can be understood by folks who might not be familiar with acronyms or terms too specific to an industry. Another is to list out your achievements and to have it set into context of things.

Going to the example above "I pay attention to detail", it needs to be given a context

For example, if you are a project manager, if you pay attention to detail, that is your role and job. But you need to showcase what was done to showcase a skill such as paying attention to detail. It could be elaborated such as paying attention to team spend and expenditure to ensure budget is met and is on target. Or managing timelines and paying attention to the scope, issues and risk to manage the overall timeline.
Bug12 P
post Jun 28 2022, 01:51 AM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 27 2022, 11:00 AM)
The statutory declaration is merely granting the company permission to verify your background. If they actually spend the time to run the background check, that means you've got a high chance in getting the position. As usual, don't count your chickens before they hatch, because nothing is certain till you actually receive an official offer. Don't think so much and continue with your job hunt until you hear from them again (to which you can always drop them a courtesy note to check if no news from them in about 1 week or so).
Alright, thanks for your advice smile.gif

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jun 27 2022, 02:36 PM)
Depending on your situation (e.g. fresh grad vs long time worker or have had multiple holdings or seats as directors), the background check can take from 3 days to 3 weeks.

As mentioned above, the statutory document means that you are stating that what you have submitted is the truth. There was once where I made a typo in the year of my previous employment history in the resume but it didn't match with the statutory document. The bank called back to verify it and I had to make sure and provide the proof of employment during that time.

You only get the job offer when you literally have the job offer in hand (physical document or soft copy), which is the employment contract.
I am fresh graduate. I only did my internship and they said internship does not count as employment. So you have to go stamp again and they have to process again for a week? then did you get the offer in the end?
TSMavik
post Jun 28 2022, 08:04 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(Bug12 @ Jun 28 2022, 01:57 AM)
I am fresh graduate. I only did my internship and they said internship does not count as employment. So you have to go stamp again and they have to process again for a week? then did you get the offer in the end?
Yes, when I made the mistake, I went back to change the necessary documents, SD, commissioner of oaths and then resubmit and the process started again. It was quicker the other way around as they had already initiated the other checks (e.g. credit, bankruptcy, legal litigations, police, etc..)

About 3 times as I have gone through 3 different companies which requires a background check (2 financial services and 1 tech). Fastest taking 2 weeks, longest taking 4 weeks. All 3 resulted with a job offer with the exception of one where the job offer was given first prior to the background check.
Bug12 P
post Jun 28 2022, 10:33 AM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jun 28 2022, 08:04 AM)
Yes, when I made the mistake, I went back to change the necessary documents, SD, commissioner of oaths and then resubmit and the process started again. It was quicker the other way around as they had already initiated the other checks (e.g. credit, bankruptcy, legal litigations, police, etc..)

About 3 times as I have gone through 3 different companies which requires a background check (2 financial services and 1 tech). Fastest taking 2 weeks, longest taking 4 weeks. All 3 resulted with a job offer with the exception of one where the job offer was given first prior to the background check.
It is so troublesome have to resubmit everything and wait for them to process again. Last Friday I just submitted my documents and I received their call in this morning so the management approve my background check. Going for medical check up next day! rclxm9.gif
TSMavik
post Jun 28 2022, 10:12 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(Bug12 @ Jun 28 2022, 10:33 AM)
It is so troublesome have to resubmit everything and wait for them to process again. Last Friday I just submitted my documents and I received their call in this morning so the management approve my background check. Going for medical check up next day! rclxm9.gif
Well done, almost there at the finish line already.
businessletter P
post Mar 18 2023, 10:44 AM

Probation
21 posts

To prepare for an interview, it is important to research the company and the position you are applying for, practice common interview questions, and prepare answers that highlight your skills and experience. Additionally, it is important to dress professionally, bring copies of your resume and any other relevant documents, and arrive on time. Finally, it is important to be confident and positive during the interview.

89 Pages « < 87 88 89Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0304sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:53 AM