Getting Started
55 posts

Thanks for sharing
It is really useful for those who had or going to have an interview~
midnightoil9191
post Jul 27 2015, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

There's this website that I used when looking for a job few months back. I found it quite useful because it shared a lot of real interview reviews from multiple companies. It was very helpful because real people were sharing their examples, it wasn't just tips from an article. Hopefully this helps someone else too: www.officeparrots.com
sunnyday123
post Jul 27 2015, 11:06 AM

19 posts

Hey everyone! I'm soon going to have an interview for a brand new start-up. Do you think I should rather go for the relaxed and casual outfit?
sunnyday123
post Jul 27 2015, 11:18 AM

19 posts

Hey everyone! What can I possibly answer to "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" when I actually do not have a clue what to do with my life...
Snoopie
post Jul 27 2015, 11:52 AM

b|ack bεauтy
693 posts

QUOTE(sunnyday123 @ Jul 27 2015, 11:18 AM)
Hey everyone! What can I possibly answer to "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" when I actually do not have a clue what to do with my life...
If you don't have a clue, then just be honest. Maybe you can answer this to the interviewer:

"I'm not sure how I see myself in the next 5 years, but surely I would be different as from today; and what are the differences are in terms of knowledge, exposure, skills and my career path. I'm sure with your guidance and support, there is where I would see myself in the next 5 years". end it with a great smile smile.gif
sunnyday123
post Jul 27 2015, 11:58 AM

19 posts

Thanks for your advice! smile.gif
cekodok16
post Aug 5 2015, 12:55 PM

6 posts

10 tips temuduga yang kerap diabaikan

Dalam pasaran kerja semasa, anda perlu bertindak bersama-sama, atau anda tidak akan berpeluang untuk memenangi persaingan kerja yang ada. Periksa diri anda dengan 10 tips temuduga yang kerap diabaikan di bawah ini.

1. Buat kajian. Kaji syarikat bakal majikan anda dan pelajari selok-beloknya yang mungkin termasuklah perkhidmatan, produk, pelanggan dan pesaing kerana ia bakal memberikan kefahaman kepada anda. Lebih banyak perkara yang anda ketahui tentang syarikat tersebut, lebih besar peluang untuk anda “menjual diri” anda semasa temuduga.

2. Pemerhatian teliti. Pilih pakaian yang perlu dipakai semasa temuduga. Bergantung kepada industri dan posisi, dapatkan pakaian terbaik yang boleh anda pakai dan pastikan tiada kesan koyak padanya. Biar pun syarikat yang bakal anda sertai tidak mensyaratkan begitu, anda harus tunjukkan betapa seriusnya anda mahu berkhidmat dengan mereka. Anda berpakaian untuk menampilkan keyakinan anda.

3. Bersedia. Bawa bersama fail yang mengandungi resume, salinan rujukan dan kertas untuk mencatat nota. Anda perlu ada beberapa soalan yang perlu disediakan untuk ditanyakan pada akhir sesi temuduga. Sertakan senarai semak pada kertas kecil untuk semakan akhir sebelum temuduga berlangsung.

4. Tepati masa. Usah datang lewat untuk temuduga. Ambil inisiatif untuk datang lebih awal. Penting untuk anda memperuntukkan masa untuk merancang perjalanan, mungkin anda akan tersesat semasa mencari lokasi temuduga.

5. Tunjukan minat. Tampilkan minat anda untuk mendapatkan posisi yang ditawarkan menerusi segenap aspek. Bersalaman dengan erat dengan temuduga dan tunjukkan “eye contact” untuk menzahirkan keyakinan anda. Berucaplah dengan nada yang yakin walau pun sebenarnya anda ada sedikit rasa gementar.

6. Dengar. Ini merupakan salah satu kemahiran dalam temuduga yang kerap diabaikan. Anda tidak boleh hanya mendengar. Adakalanya perkara yang tidak dikatakan sama penting dengan apa yang disebutkan.

7. Jawab soalan yang ditanya. Kebanyakan calon tidak fikir sama ada soalan yang diberikan oleh penemuduga benar-benar dijawab atau pun tidak. Mungkin anda faham apa yang ditanya, namun anda boleh mendapatkan penjelasan sekiranya anda tidak pasti.

8. Beri contoh spesifik. Siapkan teks kisah anda sebelum ditemuduga. Berikan contoh yang menceritakan kejayaan dan betapa uniknya anda. Sikap anda yang lalu boleh jadi pengukur kepada prestasi masa depan anda.

9. Tanya soalan. Kebanyakan calon temuduga melepaskan peluang ini kerana tidak berminat untuk mencari informasi yang bernilai. Soalan yang bakal anda tanyakan menjadi kayu pengukur untuk menilai minat anda terhadap bakal majikan.

10. Tindakan susulan. Sama ada menerusi emel, surat atau panggilan telefon, tindakan susulan untuk menghubungi semula syarikat yang pernah menemuduga anda. Tindakan susulan selepas temuduga adalah peluang untuk mengingatkan penemuduga mengenai semua perkara yang berharga tentang diri anda untuk disumbangkan kepada syarikat. Jangan lepaskan peluang terakhir ini untuk “pasarkan diri” anda.

Kesimpulannya, penting untuk anda yakin dan tenang dalam sesi temuduga. Satu perkara yang patut ada ialah bersedia dengan sebaik-baiknya yang mungkin mengikut kemampuan anda. Dengan mengikuti panduan yang telah disebutkan di atas, anda akan berasa kurang gementar dan bersedia dengan positif untuk membentangkan diri anda.

BOLEH DAPATKAN TIPS BIJAK TEMUDA DISINI thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
chan01
post Aug 8 2015, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
286 posts

i want to ask what if i study in graphic field but i want to interview at different scope? I dont have resume for that work or work experience.What should i prepare? Thanks
sunnyday123
post Aug 18 2015, 02:51 PM

19 posts

Hey guys! For those who will be having phone interviews (yes these are increasingly common), I found this article on www.officeparrots.com which helped me a lot for my interview the other day (the advice can also cover usual interviews!). Here's the article, hope it will help! :

As more and more qualified candidates line up for the same jobs, hiring managers may be unindated with multiple applications to screen quickly and efficiently.

Before you can secure a face-to-face interview, you may have to pass a phone screening first. A phone interview is quite similar to a face-to-face interview – it’s all about perception.

In person, you have the added advantage of your body language, eye contact and personality, whereas on the phone, you need to know how to make a good impression and be ‘present’ with your voice and conversation skills.

With thorough preparation and formulating a good strategy however, a phone interview can actually be an advantage. Compared to an in-person interview, an interviewer on the phone can evaluate you based on substance rather than be distracted by your appearance or their own bias.

Follow these 9 tips to get ready for your next phone interview.

1. Choose a Controlled Environment To Take The Call

Decide where you want to answer your phone interview. Choose a room where:

• There are no distractions – no children, pets or loud noises in the background
• It is well lit – so you can have a good look at your notes
• You have good reception for your mobile phone
• Good stable WiFi connection – if you’re doing a Skype interview

If you are using a mobile phone, let the interviewer know at the beginning of your call and apologise in advance for any service disruptions, including poor WiFi. Get your WiFi connection ready and stable 5 minutes before the interview start time to you don’t scramble right before the interview starts.

Sounds like common sense, but a glass of water by your side will come in handy as well.

2. Managing an Unexpected Call

Some recruiters or hiring managers may call out of the blue and ask if you’re available to answer some questions on the spot. Great, you're caught off guard and lost for words.

Should this happen, inform the interviewer that you’d be happy to speak to him or her, but you’re in the middle of something. Suggest a time to talk later instead and ask the interviewer roughly how long the call will last – with this, you’ll have an idea of how to pace your answers during the interview later. Then get your resume, compose your thoughts and let them know that you're ready to speak.

3. Prepare Your Answers

Just because it’s over the phone, this does not mean that you can slack in preparation. Treat it like it’s a face-to-face interview. Get familiar with commonly asked questions and be prepared to explain:

• Why did you leave your last job? Or what was the reason behind every job transition and / or employment gap?
• Details on your resume – be prepared to explain each job role or example of experience you've provided. If you are a fresh graduate, be prepared to explain any work experience or particularly interesting courses or achievements you've had.
• Your strengths & weaknesses - as a person or in terms of technical abilities.
• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
• Why are you interested in this position and our company?

If you are currently employed, it would be courteous to notify the interviewer of how long your notice period would be and when you would be available to start.

Also, a phone interview is a rare instance where you can actually have answers in front of you! Use short bullet points to prompt your thoughts. Reading from a script is noticeable and you won't be able to adapt or respond if the interviewer throws you an unexpected comment or query midway.

4. Prepare Questions to Ask The Interviewer

When the interview reaches a point where you can ask questions, take this opportunity to show your enthusiasm and inquisitive nature – ask about certain aspect of the job, how you may be assessed in your role, what expectations you may be expected to meet, or what the team structure or reporting lines may be like.

Avoid asking questions about benefits, salary or anything else they can do for you. These details can wait until the next stage.

5. Smile On The Phone

Strange but true - smiling affects the tone of your voice. Try it, and you will find yourself sounding more engaged and upbeat when you speak! You’re likely to create a more favourable impression.

Some people find it helpful to stand-up or to dress professionally to put them in the right state of mind for the interview.

6. Ask What The Employer Is Looking For

Say something along the lines of, “I’ve read the job description, but from your perspective, what type of person or qualities are important in filling this role”.

Ask this early on in the conversation if you can, so you can at least know what skills or experience you can highlight to in your answers.

7. Avoid Talking Too Much

It’s easy to get carried away on the phone especially when you can’t read the interviewers facial expressions and body language, you don’t know if they’re getting bored or listening to you even!

A handy tip is to not talk more than a minute in a single stretch, then pause to ask whether the interviewer would like to hear more details.

Remember to LISTEN closely, and take notes on what the interviewer is saying.

8. Before Hanging Up

Make it a habit to always ask these 2 things before you say thank you and hang up:
What is the next step after the phone interview; and
Who can you contact to follow up on your application - get the name, phone number and email address of the person.

9. Email To Say Thank You

Little gestures go a long way in demonstrating your professionalism. Send a thank you email to the interviewer for taking the time to call you.

Don’t just say thank you, but very concisely remind the interviewer how excited you are about the job and reiterate your strengths and value you can bring to the job. Include a link to your LinkedIn profile in your signature.
ninja144
post Aug 25 2015, 05:39 PM

23 posts

Hi, I'm going to an interview with a bank for the first time and I'm not sure what to wear, should I wear a coat? I've only been to interview in factories...

Advise please thank you!
storky20
post Sep 8 2015, 01:58 AM

Getting Started
177 posts

Simple black skinny tie. Aye or nay for an interview for a corporate job?

Thanks in advance smile.gif
hihihehe
post Sep 9 2015, 07:29 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

-edited-
wrong

This post has been edited by hihihehe: Sep 9 2015, 10:01 PM
SUSLuke Bryan
post Sep 9 2015, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(sunnyday123 @ Jul 27 2015, 11:06 AM)
Hey everyone! I'm soon going to have an interview for a brand new start-up. Do you think I should rather go for the relaxed and casual outfit?
It's best you wear Formal. smile.gif
At least you will give first good impression when they want to interview you.

Unless if you went to interview for fashion related position
SUSLuke Bryan
post Sep 9 2015, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Hello guys,

I have one question. When they ask you "Is there any question that you want to ask?", what kind of question that I should ask?

a) Salary
b) Working Hours/Benefit

Anything else? Mind to share here? smile.gif

hihihehe
post Sep 11 2015, 11:56 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

QUOTE(Luke Bryan @ Sep 9 2015, 10:55 PM)
Hello guys,

I have one question. When they ask you "Is there any question that you want to ask?", what kind of question that I should ask?

a) Salary
b) Working Hours/Benefit

Anything else? Mind to share here? smile.gif
c) career progression
d) how many team members and who do you report

i didn't ask about salary at all
gr8fr8
post Sep 11 2015, 01:28 PM

Enthusiast
841 posts

HR would usually call us using land line, right? Is there any possibilities that they would call us using handphone? I just find that a bit too personal and usually if I don't recognise I would prefer to google it first.
SUSLuke Bryan
post Sep 11 2015, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(gr8fr8 @ Sep 11 2015, 01:28 PM)
HR would usually call us using land line, right? Is there any possibilities that they would call us using handphone? I just find that a bit too personal and usually if I don't recognise I would prefer to google it first.
Yes. Most of the time the recruiters will call me through landline phone
SUSLuke Bryan
post Sep 11 2015, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Sep 11 2015, 11:56 AM)
c) career progression
d) how many team members and who do you report
i didn't ask about salary at all
Okay thanks smile.gif
HappyHampers
post Oct 14 2015, 08:27 PM

Casual
401 posts

let say if you are jobless and being offered a job when the HR called, should u accept the job on the phone right away after asking about the salary and benefits, or ask for 1 to 2 days to think about it and get back to them?

This post has been edited by HappyHampers: Oct 14 2015, 08:27 PM
SUSLuke Bryan
post Oct 15 2015, 08:02 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(HappyHampers @ Oct 14 2015, 08:27 PM)
let say if you are jobless and being offered a job when the HR called, should u accept the job on the phone right away after asking about the salary and benefits, or ask for 1 to 2 days to think about it and get back to them?
If you are desperate and don't want to stay jobless for long, take the offer when they called you.

If you have 2-3 offers from other companies, tell them give them 1-2 days to think about it.

89 Pages « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 AM