Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Interview, What to prepare...

views

IXionI
post May 11 2015, 08:09 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

Can i ask a question?

Is it compulsory to certify the photostat copies of the documents before interview?
(if I'm going to private company)
JustcallmeLarry
post May 13 2015, 03:05 PM

Regular
1,363 posts

Guys when the company send you for a medical exam b4 employment, that medical exam what do they look for??? High blood pressure & diabetes?
zhou.xingxing
post May 15 2015, 09:52 PM

:3
1,701 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ May 13 2015, 03:05 PM)
Guys when the company send you for a medical exam b4 employment, that medical exam what do they look for??? High blood pressure & diabetes?
Hbp and lungs. Got xray right? Basics 1 la.
JustcallmeLarry
post May 16 2015, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,363 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ May 15 2015, 09:52 PM)
Hbp and lungs. Got xray right? Basics 1 la.
What you have will fail it??
zhou.xingxing
post May 16 2015, 07:07 PM

:3
1,701 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ May 16 2015, 01:05 PM)
What you have will fail it??
Tb? Nth 1 la. Jus a sop. Sure pass 1. Unless ur medic history nt good lol
TSMavik
post May 18 2015, 10:17 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(lol~ @ May 7 2015, 05:33 PM)
Hi, anyone here know what the meaning of "Can demonstrate sound work ethics"? Came across with a job that requires to do so but i dont know what does it mean. I do some research on google but didnt get the right answer to it.

Anyone can help?

P/s:sorry for not open a specific thread because i dont think it is necessary
Work ethics are core:

1) Working hard regardless whether boss is watching you or near you
2) Ensuring you make use of company time productively (e.g. 9-5 no facebook no social media, working hard and focusing on work)
3) To be able to report an infringement when required (whether it is a compliance matter or a security matter or a health and safety issue)
4) Follow the dress code required of you at the firm
5) Following health and safety rules
6) No taking of bribes or any favours which isn't compliant with company rules, e.g. some companies only accept gifts of RM25 and below (depending on the company)
7) If you work in a financial institution that means reporting suspicious transactions especially those related to money laundering
TSMavik
post May 18 2015, 10:17 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(IXionI @ May 11 2015, 08:09 PM)
Can i ask a question?

Is it compulsory to certify the photostat copies of the documents before interview?
If you bring your original documents with you they will certify the copies for you.
lol~
post May 18 2015, 10:42 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ May 18 2015, 10:17 AM)
Work ethics are core:

1) Working hard regardless whether boss is watching you or near you
2) Ensuring you make use of company time productively (e.g. 9-5 no facebook no social media, working hard and focusing on work)
3) To be able to report an infringement when required (whether it is a compliance matter or a security matter or a health and safety issue)
4) Follow the dress code required of you at the firm
5) Following health and safety rules
6) No taking of bribes or any favours which isn't compliant with company rules, e.g. some companies only accept gifts of RM25 and below (depending on the company)
7) If you work in a financial institution that means reporting suspicious transactions especially those related to money laundering
Thx for the explanation smile.gif
carrozaria
post May 20 2015, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ May 13 2015, 03:05 PM)
it depends on the company, just to share some companies might even scan for HIV wink.gif
carrozaria
post May 20 2015, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(IXionI @ May 11 2015, 08:09 PM)
Can i ask a question?

It is becoming a standard nowadays, maybe there are too much fake documentations nowadays

This post has been edited by carrozaria: May 20 2015, 10:03 AM
cristiano7mu
post May 23 2015, 01:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,587 posts

i am currently 3 months into my 4th jobs since 5-6 years ago.

1st job - only few months, took it because fresh grad cant wait too long for the right job and wanted to start working quickly so accepted it.

2nd job - MNC, I am good performer there stayed for almost 1 year 10 months

3rd job - This is the industry i wanted to join. I stayed for 2.5 years but they cant provide what I wanted in term of guidance and knowledge growth.

4th job - currently just 3 months into the job but still its the same management like the 3rd job.

so i am still seeking new opportunity

Question:
1.) should I update my resume - remove 1st job and include 4th job? but 3rd n 4th Job description about the same.

2.) If i didnt include 4th job in resume, should I inform interviewer right at the beginning of the interview that I am currently at 4th job?

I have met a few interviewers after started 4th job. Although my resume didn't show 4th, I did verbally told them at the start of the interview that I am at 4th company. Some just listen without any comments on this 4th job. Some ask why and I gave my honest and solid reason for seeking out. However the interviewer said he cant 100% believe my explanation because we just met and can only rely more on the facts from my CV. ( these application still pending finalising all candidates stage)

I believe I am bad luck started my career at the wrong company (wrong time wrong place) so the change of jobs look bad in my CV but I think this (job hopping) shouldn't be seen as a bad image as not everyone can have a smooth and peaceful life where every decision made is correct.

This post has been edited by cristiano7mu: May 23 2015, 01:22 PM
carrozaria
post May 26 2015, 03:21 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(cristiano7mu @ May 23 2015, 01:13 PM)
i am currently 3 months into my 4th jobs since 5-6 years ago.

1st job - only few months, took it because fresh grad cant wait too long for the right job and wanted to start working quickly so accepted it.

2nd job - MNC, I am good performer there stayed for almost 1 year 10 months

3rd job - This is the industry i wanted to join. I stayed for 2.5 years but they cant provide what I wanted in term of  guidance and knowledge growth.

4th job - currently just 3 months into the job but still its the same management like the 3rd job.

so i am still seeking new opportunity

Question:
1.) should I update my resume - remove 1st job and include 4th job? but 3rd n 4th Job description about the same.

2.) If i didnt include 4th job in resume, should I inform interviewer right at the beginning of the interview that I am currently at 4th job?

I have met a few interviewers after started 4th job. Although my resume didn't show 4th, I did verbally told them at the start of the interview that I am at 4th company. Some just listen without any comments on this 4th job. Some ask why and I gave my honest and solid reason for seeking out. However the interviewer said he cant 100% believe my explanation because we just met and can only rely more on the facts from my CV.  ( these application still pending finalising all candidates stage)

I believe I am bad luck started my career at the wrong company (wrong time wrong place) so the change of jobs look bad in my CV but I think this (job hopping) shouldn't be seen as a bad image as not everyone can have a smooth and peaceful life where every decision made is correct.
senior hr should not take this as a key consideration, some do, most often than not they will relate it as something to do with (sorry to say unable to cope with the job mentally), to us human our needs could not be easily satisfied, definitely we will hunt for jobs that offer better pay, better perks.

as to your question on the update should the period of tenure is less than two years let say, y dont u merge them from one into two so u may say u have been exposed to mnc from (1st to 2nd job) althout this is a lie, but at least it reflects positive on your side.

as to ur question b, no don't have to tell u are at ur 4th.

just to share, when attending interview, it is just about selling urself, nowadays most companies implement various interview mechanics as psychomatric, case studies etc etc.

do your homework, convince them on your marketability and how good u are to strategically partner with the business as to achieve the co's objectives wink.gif
cristiano7mu
post May 26 2015, 07:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,587 posts

QUOTE(carrozaria @ May 26 2015, 03:21 PM)
senior hr should not take this as a key consideration, some do, most often than not they will relate it as something to do with (sorry to say unable to cope with the job mentally), to us human our needs could not be easily satisfied, definitely we will hunt for jobs that offer better pay, better perks.

as to your question on the update should the period of tenure is less than two years let say, y dont u merge them from one into two so u may say u have been exposed to mnc from (1st to 2nd job) althout this is a lie, but at least it reflects positive on your side.

as to ur question b, no don't have to tell u are at ur 4th.

just to share, when attending interview, it is just about selling urself, nowadays most companies implement various interview mechanics as psychomatric, case studies etc etc.

do your homework, convince them on your marketability and how good u are to strategically partner with the business as to achieve the co's objectives wink.gif
- thanks for your feedback. the comments bout by job turnover in a span of 5-6 years was from hiring manager and a director. both interviews no HR involved. My reason is not chasing after better pay but better growth. I even took a pay cut just to chase dream but my company not providing any appropriate training/guidance and support.

- Usually in CV I list my experiences by employers. how to combine both jobs?

For eg:
Company A & company B (Year xx to Year xx)
Job responsibilities:
AAA
BBB
CCC

Like the above?

- I am afraid if i dont disclosed tat i am now in company 4, it may leave a bad impression later on. As they will definitely find out when they register me under a license body. So I am trying to be honest with them.
and another reason I am honest about it is because I had accomplished a task in Company 4 and I showed them my work during the interview which has the company 4's name on it.

This post has been edited by cristiano7mu: May 26 2015, 07:57 PM
Ken.B
post Jun 7 2015, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Hi guys,

I have sent my resume last week to a few companies. Is it a good idea to call up them up inquire whether there will be any interview?

Thanks!
OKLY
post Jun 12 2015, 10:48 AM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(Ken.B @ Jun 7 2015, 11:16 PM)
Hi guys,

I have sent my resume last week to a few companies. Is it a good idea to call up them up inquire whether there will be any interview?

Thanks!
Well usually you'll have to wait since it is often mentioned that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
cristiano7mu
post Jun 12 2015, 04:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,587 posts

QUOTE(farid_razak86 @ Jun 12 2015, 01:51 PM)
id like to know. if we email resume and cover letter to companies should it be in WORD or PDF format ???
PDF better.
leetan33
post Jun 13 2015, 11:08 PM

On my way
589 posts

QUOTE(farid_razak86 @ Jun 12 2015, 01:51 PM)
id like to know. if we email resume and cover letter to companies should it be in WORD or PDF format ???
I think PDF file would be better.
wil-i-am
post Jun 14 2015, 08:22 PM

10k Club
10,001 posts

Wat is the default 'Font' n 'Font Size' to apply in Resume?
wil-i-am
post Jun 19 2015, 11:16 PM

10k Club
10,001 posts

6 things successful applicants avoid saying during job interviews:-
1. What’s the salary?
2. What does this company do?
3. My current job/boss sucks
4. How much holiday time will I get?
5. I’m the best candidate
6. I can’t think of any questions for you
danieltan
post Jun 27 2015, 05:38 PM

Abuthen
750 posts

QUOTE(wil-i-am @ Jun 19 2015, 11:16 PM)
6 things successful applicants avoid saying during job interviews:-
1. What’s the salary?
2. What does this company do?
3. My current job/boss sucks
4. How much holiday time will I get?
5. I’m the best candidate
6. I can’t think of any questions for you
I don't agree on 5.

For point 5, I would rather say what kind candidate you are looking for.

89 Pages « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 PM