Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Repraps and DIY 3D Printing!, Open source hardware~

storm88
post Jun 8 2012, 08:28 PM

~UncleSam Ready to Rolls~
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(nnq @ May 28 2012, 03:16 AM)
Wow, i stumble to this thread while browsing the web for parts. I am building one (Mendelmax 1.5) and it is almost complete. You can source most of the hardware parts in Malaysia, even the aluminium extrusion.  Saves a lot of money on shipping.

Anyway, it may look pricy, but its heck a lot of fun :-)
What electronic u use for ur machine?
fuhrer5
post Jun 10 2012, 08:14 AM

Group: Junior Member

HI guys, anybody has built this 3D printer? I need to ask somebody who has it to build (print??) Raspberry Pi case for me.
storm88
post Jun 10 2012, 10:33 AM

QUOTE(fuhrer5 @ Jun 10 2012, 09:14 AM)
HI guys, anybody has built this 3D printer? I need to ask somebody who has it to build (print??) Raspberry Pi case for me.
U could pm me what you need.
Fyi, i use ABS more than PLA
blomker
post Jun 20 2012, 11:29 PM

When I first started building RepRap 3D Printers, the main challenge I faced was sourcing the required parts to successfully build one.
Either the parts were too expensive or the shipping fee from overseas was so high that I felt it was not worth paying.

We need more RepRap builders in Malaysia and start sharing knowledge and helping each other with machine build. Print the plastic parts of a Prusa Mendel or Huxley for your friend or neighbour
and help him/her replicate another machine. Print some more extra to sell it to our fellow Malaysians so that others can build one as well. Replicate, replicate & replicate...that is what RepRap is all about.

Blomker Industries is based in Malaysia. Our aim is to enable Malaysians in building their own RepRap 3D Printers by supplying high quality parts at affordable prices.
Taking advantage of our efficient yet affordable national courier service the Poslaju, Malaysians RepRap enthusiasts can now easily order parts and get it at their doorstep within days.

Visit our web store at http://www.blomker.com

Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by blomker: Jun 20 2012, 11:41 PM
nnq
post Jun 21 2012, 02:27 AM

QUOTE(storm88 @ Jun 8 2012, 08:28 PM)
What electronic u use for ur machine?
I'm using RAMPS 1.4 + arduino Mega 2560 (Marlin Firmware).

Added on June 21, 2012, 2:28 am
QUOTE(blomker @ Jun 20 2012, 11:29 PM)
When I first started building RepRap 3D Printers, the main challenge I faced was sourcing the required parts to successfully build one.
Either the parts were too expensive or the shipping fee from overseas was so high that I felt it was not worth paying.

We need more RepRap builders in Malaysia and start sharing knowledge and helping each other with machine build.  Print the plastic parts of a Prusa Mendel or Huxley for your friend or neighbour
and help him/her replicate another machine.  Print some more extra to sell it to our fellow Malaysians so that others can build one as well.  Replicate, replicate & replicate...that is what RepRap is all about.

Blomker Industries is based in Malaysia.  Our aim is to enable Malaysians in building their own RepRap 3D Printers by supplying high quality parts at affordable prices. 
Taking advantage of our efficient yet affordable national courier service the Poslaju, Malaysians RepRap enthusiasts can now easily order parts and get it at their doorstep within days. 

Attached Image

Attached Image   Attached Image
Nice.. Competitive pricing. Do you sell ABS filaments?

This post has been edited by nnq: Jun 21 2012, 02:28 AM
blomker
post Jun 21 2012, 08:56 AM

QUOTE(nnq @ Jun 21 2012, 02:27 AM)

Not yet but will surely carry ABS & PLA 3mm filament in future at affordable price too.
We will ensure fellow Malaysian RepRap enthusiasts have access to wide variety of ABS/PLA colour quickly.
Before that, the machine build must begin first. So, spread the words and fun.

I am sure you are having an awesome time building the Mendalmax, my friend. Probably it's the first in this country.
Do post some pics on the progress here for us to drool over. smile.gif
storm88
post Jun 21 2012, 11:51 AM

QUOTE(nnq @ Jun 21 2012, 03:27 AM)

i have various colors of filament if u need:
(ABS)
BLACK, CLEAR, TOXIC GREEN, NAVY BLUE

Added on June 21, 2012, 11:54 am
QUOTE(blomker @ Jun 21 2012, 12:29 AM)

We need more RepRap builders in Malaysia and start sharing knowledge and helping each other with machine build.  Print the plastic parts of a Prusa Mendel or Huxley for your friend or neighbour
and help him/her replicate another machine.  Print some more extra to sell it to our fellow Malaysians so that others can build one as well.  Replicate, replicate & replicate...that is what RepRap is all about.

Blomker Industries is based in Malaysia.  Our aim is to enable Malaysians in building their own RepRap 3D Printers by supplying high quality parts at affordable prices. 

Attached Image

Good effort. Lets together fill this market with more enthusiast
btw, recommend you to carry Gen6 Electronics, which i think it's one of the best electronic avail for repraps

I'm converting my prusa-m to multipurpose machine now, (Printing, cnc engrave & laser)

bless me flex.gif

This post has been edited by storm88: Jun 21 2012, 11:54 AM
nnq
post Jun 21 2012, 01:47 PM

hi all.

My mendelmax 1.5 setup + PanelMax and few upgrades.

Attached Image
blomker
post Jun 22 2012, 09:35 AM

QUOTE(storm88 @ Jun 21 2012, 11:51 AM)
i have various colors of filament if u need:
(ABS)
BLACK, CLEAR, TOXIC GREEN, NAVY BLUE

Added on June 21, 2012, 11:54 am
Good effort. Lets together fill this market with more enthusiast
btw, recommend you to carry Gen6 Electronics, which i think it's one of the best electronic avail for repraps

I'm converting my prusa-m to multipurpose machine now, (Printing, cnc engrave & laser)

bless me flex.gif
I am sure you can do it, my friend. Having something like the Roland iModela on the desk is everybody's dream.
Do share your progress as well. We shall start looking into DLP 3D Printer once RepRap community has matured in Malaysia.
We will enjoy beautiful & fine 3D Prints.

Roland iModela :

Attached Image

Added on June 22, 2012, 9:39 am
QUOTE(nnq @ Jun 21 2012, 01:47 PM)
hi all.

My mendelmax 1.5 setup + PanelMax and few upgrades.
Beautiful. drool.gif Noticed you have a Infrared thermometer gun on your desk as well. Is it FLUKE?

This post has been edited by blomker: Jun 22 2012, 09:58 AM
daijoubu
post Jun 22 2012, 10:03 AM

Love Many. Trust Few. Do Wrong to None.

Didnt know there is a reprap thread in LYN! ^^

Attached Image

Good to see this, although its still pretty sparse, but Im sure more things will be up soon.
Hoping to see some other things such as T2.5 belts, etc.

I've set up a Mendel kit i bought from Singapore 3 months ago. Took me 2 weeks to set it up. Managed to get movement in all axis, but before i could start setting up the software and calibrating, I had to leave on a business trip for 3 months. Until now the printer is still at home, waiting to be finished and start printing.

I've also already purchased the LM8UU bearings from China. Just waiting for the printer to start printing and I would upgrade parts to v2. Next step then would be to change the beltings. Both linear bearings and beltings contributes to the most improvement in quality of a print. Lastly I will consider to make a Ord typeprinter with aluminium extrusions =D.

Happy to see the scene in Malaysia is getting more crowded thumbup.gif. Hopefully this will encourage more local suppliers =D.
storm88
post Jun 22 2012, 11:11 AM

QUOTE(blomker @ Jun 22 2012, 10:35 AM)
I am sure you can do it, my friend.  Having something like the Roland iModela on the desk is everybody's dream.
Do share your progress as well.  We shall start looking into DLP 3D Printer once RepRap community has matured in Malaysia.
We will enjoy beautiful & fine 3D Prints. 

Roland iModela :

Attached Image

Added on June 22, 2012, 9:39 am

Beautiful.  drool.gif  Noticed you have a Infrared thermometer gun on your desk as well.  Is it FLUKE?
Thanks

took some look into that imodela. It's a cnc milling platform isn't it? It's so small blink.gif

talk about the DLP projected 3d printer,
After i had my machine implimented, i will get a hand into that to try it out. Just wonder what kind of mix the plastic Resin is. They don't reveal the formula yet ( i mean the designer)
daijoubu
post Jun 22 2012, 11:45 AM

QUOTE(storm88 @ Jun 22 2012, 11:11 AM)
Thanks

took some look into that imodela. It's a cnc milling platform isn't it? It's so small blink.gif

After i had my machine implimented, i will get a hand into that to try it out. Just wonder what kind of mix the plastic Resin is. They don't reveal the formula yet ( i mean the designer)
I think that dude already been offered big money by corporations thats why not much updates from him.
Any photopolymer resin should be a good starting point, but gotta beware of the handling of such materials, especially the fumes they release. Besides that, they wont have as good mechanical properties as abs/pla, but at least DLP printing can allow for high resolution printing parts.

I've tried searching for a photopolymer source before in malaysia, and there arent much. I read that some ink pad stamping companies might have em, but not much progress. Finally end in i settled for mendel tongue.gif
voltro888
post Jun 22 2012, 03:14 PM

Attached Image

thumbup.gif rclxms.gif Now I can consider building one of these mean machine!
blomker
post Jun 22 2012, 09:49 PM

QUOTE(daijoubu @ Jun 22 2012, 10:03 AM)
Didnt know there is a reprap thread in LYN! ^^
Good to see this, although its still pretty sparse, but Im sure more things will be up soon.
Hoping to see some other things such as T2.5 belts, etc.
I've set up a Mendel kit i bought from Singapore 3 months ago. Took me 2 weeks to set it up. Managed to get movement in all axis, but before i could start setting up the software and calibrating, I had to leave on a business trip for 3 months. Until now the printer is still at home, waiting to be finished and start printing.

I've also already purchased the LM8UU bearings from China. Just waiting for the printer to start printing and I would upgrade parts to v2. Next step then would be to change the beltings. Both linear bearings and beltings contributes to the most improvement in quality of a print. Lastly I will consider to make a Ord typeprinter with aluminium extrusions =D.

Happy to see the scene in Malaysia is getting more crowded thumbup.gif. Hopefully this will encourage more local suppliers =D.
That's right. Everyone is so humble and secretive about their future shaping machine.
Glad to see another RepRap enthusiast reporting in. biggrin.gif

Added on June 22, 2012, 9:53 pm
QUOTE(storm88 @ Jun 22 2012, 11:11 AM)
Thanks

Yup, that's a micro CNC mill selling for more than RM5k. Just mount a motor on your RepRap and it get transformed to a CNC mill as well.

I believe the photopolymer is the same type used for photolithography process in wafer fabrication. Anyone has contacts to wafer fab chemical supplier? Please report in yourself here. cool2.gif

Added on June 22, 2012, 9:54 pm
QUOTE(voltro888 @ Jun 22 2012, 03:14 PM)
thumbup.gif  rclxms.gif  Now I can consider building one of these mean machine!
Hop in, buddy! cool2.gif

This post has been edited by blomker: Jun 22 2012, 09:54 PM
storm88
post Jun 22 2012, 10:55 PM

QUOTE(blomker @ Jun 22 2012, 10:49 PM)
That's right.  Everyone is so humble and secretive about their future shaping machine. 
Glad to see another RepRap enthusiast reporting in.  biggrin.gif

Added on June 22, 2012, 9:53 pm

Yup, that's a micro CNC mill selling for more than RM5k.  Just mount a motor on your RepRap and it get transformed to a CNC mill as well.

I believe the photopolymer is the same type used for photolithography process in wafer fabrication.  Anyone has contacts to wafer fab chemical supplier?  Please report in yourself here.  cool2.gif

Added on June 22, 2012, 9:54 pm

Hop in, buddy!  cool2.gif
With such a small motor, i doubt it able to perform more than 100watts of load. It can mill/engrave soft materials only.
that machine cost $892 USD. Herm... i don't think it's worth it

Actually, during my transformation works, i found mounting a milling motor into Repraps isn't as easy as spelling ABC... cry.gif

encountered:

1. Motor Size
You need to know the exact speed needed to engrave/mill the working material. So provided with the speed/torque needed to mill/engrave the work, the size of the motor is different
(my target design for the load must at least able to mill iron/alu)

2. Vibration
whenever the motor start to spin, no matter with load or no load, there is vibration. If i just simply load a motor onto Repraps, the error will be at 1mm or more (that's a big no no for me). So i had to change the default design of repraps to another level, in order to stabilize the milling head.

btw, my line is very slow tonight, can't upload the picture for the various kind of filament i have
daijoubu
post Jun 22 2012, 11:51 PM

QUOTE(storm88 @ Jun 22 2012, 10:55 PM)
With such a small motor, i doubt it able to perform more than 100watts of load. It can mill/engrave soft materials only.
that machine cost $892 USD. Herm... i don't think it's worth it
Actually, during my transformation works, i found mounting a milling motor into Repraps isn't as easy as spelling ABC... cry.gif

encountered:

1. Motor Size
You need to know the exact speed needed to engrave/mill the working material. So provided with the speed/torque needed to mill/engrave the work, the size of the motor is different
(my target design for the load must at least able to mill iron/alu)

2. Vibration
whenever the motor start to spin, no matter with load or no load, there is vibration. If i just simply load a motor onto Repraps, the error will be at 1mm or more (that's a big no no for me). So i had to change the default design of repraps to another level, in order to stabilize the milling head.

btw, my line is very slow tonight, can't upload the picture for the various kind of filament i have
You should start with wood or better still foam.
If you want to go until alu/iron, you will need much more stronger frame than what a reprap is made off.
I believe there are some DIY router kits or guides to make a router. Perhaps you can check those out before moving on to CNC?

storm88
post Jun 23 2012, 12:51 AM

QUOTE(daijoubu @ Jun 23 2012, 12:51 AM)
You should start with wood or better still foam.
If you want to go until alu/iron, you will need much more stronger frame than what a reprap is made off.
I believe there are some DIY router kits or guides to make a router. Perhaps you can check those out before moving on to CNC?
exactly. The Default Reprap Mendel can't stand more than light cnc milling job. the frame is not strong enough. I'm currently working on single sheet steel cut and bending design, by hydraulic bending machine to replace the rod of the repraps. Hope my relative won't bil me much sweat.gif . If not ... cry.gif

nnq
post Jun 25 2012, 11:28 AM

QUOTE(storm88 @ Jun 23 2012, 12:51 AM)
exactly. The Default Reprap Mendel can't stand more than light cnc milling job. the frame is not strong enough. I'm currently working on single sheet steel cut and bending design, by hydraulic bending machine to replace the rod of the repraps. Hope my relative won't bil me much sweat.gif . If not ... cry.gif
Maybe mendelmax or prism frame could handle the load. I think it is quite rigid for milling. I haven't tried mounting a router on my machine yet.
storm88
post Jun 28 2012, 01:52 PM

QUOTE(nnq @ Jun 25 2012, 12:28 PM)
Maybe mendelmax or prism frame could handle the load. I think it is quite rigid for milling. I haven't tried mounting a router on my machine yet.
mendelmax's body mainly is built by alu. Imo, i wont try to attach a milling router on it...

btw,
the filament that i have :
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

suchap69
post Jul 6 2012, 11:25 AM

Getting Started

hi all... i'm also kinda interested in building one of these 3d printers... but still have to come up with a justification (to the MoF) for the need to have such printer though.... hahaha.... i want to use it to make parts for my rc hobby (rims/wheels and such)....

my first Q is regarding the rigidity/strength of the final product... will it be as strong as moulded ABS parts? as it is only laid layer by layer by the hot end and not feed with certain pressure as moulded ABS...

and can somebody do a write up or provide the list of the parts needed... and the tuts on designing and setting processes... total noob here

thanks in advance

95 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0936sec    5.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 05:51 PM