Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

All about PRUDENTIAL & insurance updates!, any insurance related issue are welcome

views

therocker02
post Jul 20 2023, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Any Prudential agent here? Need some advise.

I having PRULink with me which only have life 100K, medical card 50k per year and only 200k for lifetime. Is it possible I can upgrade existing package to higher? E.g. life go to 500k and medical card change to unlimited lifetime, 1M/ year. Or just surrender existing one and buy new insurance which is having better package and coverage?
lifebalance
post Jul 21 2023, 09:39 AM

Licensed Financial Planner & Financial Adviser's Rep.
All Stars
10,029 posts

QUOTE(therocker02 @ Jul 20 2023, 11:57 PM)

I having PRULink with me which only have life 100K, medical card 50k per year and only 200k for lifetime. Is it possible I can upgrade existing package to higher? E.g. life go to 500k and medical card change to unlimited lifetime, 1M/ year.  Or just surrender existing one and buy new insurance which is having better package and coverage?
Can be done.
yakultlover P
post Jul 22 2023, 12:44 AM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(therocker02 @ Jul 20 2023, 11:57 PM)

I having PRULink with me which only have life 100K, medical card 50k per year and only 200k for lifetime. Is it possible I can upgrade existing package to higher? E.g. life go to 500k and medical card change to unlimited lifetime, 1M/ year.  Or just surrender existing one and buy new insurance which is having better package and coverage?
Ofc can upgrade, just upgrade my family’s old pruflexi & pruhealth to new pru million med. generally not encouraged to surrender old policy if possible, this one is bc of 4 month waiting period for all medical card, and 2 years contestabilty period also
swch
post Oct 16 2023, 07:55 PM

4 posts

Hi all, would like to ask for your opinions if the quotation given for the pregnancy insurance is alright.

user posted image

My only question so far will be if total multi crisis (having read through the fine print) is necessary for an infant or the premium will be around the same if I purchase TMC down the years, taking into acc that the essential child plus will be converted to crisis care at ANB 25.
lifebalance
post Oct 16 2023, 08:00 PM

All Stars
10,029 posts

QUOTE(swch @ Oct 16 2023, 07:55 PM)
Hi all,  would like to ask for your opinions if the quotation given for the pregnancy insurance is alright.
user posted image

My only question so far will be if total multi crisis (having read through the fine print) is necessary for an infant or the premium will be around the same if I purchase TMC down the years, taking into acc that the essential child plus will be converted to crisis care at ANB 25.
Think of it as a economy rice, this is like a complete meal. But maybe you feel rice more important to have more, then you might want to remove something else which you deem is excessive.

But if it doesn't cost you much. Why not keep the benefit?

I sell prudential myself and some clients would ask if this or that is necessary and you would be surprised that not everyone wants a complete meal that covers everything.

But then again different ppl have different approach toward protection.

TMCC will help to cover a more complete Critical Illness including early stage as well as compared to crisis care.
thinkhappy
post Dec 26 2023, 07:09 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jul 21 2023, 09:39 AM)
Can be done.
how to do it? upgrade the medical rider inside the policy? or buy another medical card on top of the old policy?
brandonkl
post Dec 27 2023, 06:11 PM

-
579 posts

Why Prudential (or some other insurance companies) don't cover the RM10 hospital administration/registration fees? They would pay for a RM50k or RM100k surgery fees but won't cover the RM10 hospital administration fees? What logic is this?😅
lifebalance
post Dec 27 2023, 08:15 PM

All Stars
10,029 posts

QUOTE(brandonkl @ Dec 27 2023, 06:11 PM)
Why Prudential (or some other insurance companies) don't cover the RM10 hospital administration/registration fees? They would pay for a RM50k or RM100k surgery fees but won't cover the RM10 hospital administration fees? What logic is this?😅
It's their T&C. Maybe you can write in to ask them to consider paying for it? 😊
wong_86
post Jan 1 2024, 09:43 AM

Casual
486 posts

my father have prulink and pru med since 2005, i saw pre med will expire on end of 2025 at his age 70, after that still can buy ?
lifebalance
post Jan 1 2024, 10:55 AM

All Stars
10,029 posts

QUOTE(wong_86 @ Jan 1 2024, 09:43 AM)
my father have prulink and pru med since 2005, i saw pre med will expire on end of 2025 at his age 70, after that still can buy ?
No, he cant buy anymore after age 70.
tman2017
post Jan 21 2024, 09:51 AM

28 posts

Hi sifu-sifu Prudential.

Need your your advice.

Can you confirm my understanding is correct based on scenario 1 below?

Scenario 1
My current policy has Med value Point - RM 1 Million
Based on policy, Prudential covers up to limit 1.5 times the Med Value Point chosen (eg 1 Million). In my case, it will be 1.5Million ( 1.5*med value point).

Let's say I have a 2 Million claims for Outpatient cancer + Dialysis treatment. The breakdown would be

First 1.5 Million - full payment by Prudential (minus Med Saver Rm300)
Subsequent 0.5 Million - Prudential will only cover 80% ( i will pay 20%).

In total - I only need to pay RM 100k only.

In short , after exceeding 1.5Million, the coverage will still be unlimited but on a 80%(prudential) :20%(customer) co-insurance basis.

Please confirm/correct my understanding?

Scenario 2
Similar claim scenario as scenario 1, but now I have added Pru Value Med Booster.

Could you please advise how the calculation works for this?

Could you confirm that Prudential will cover RM 2.0 Million in full , even though my med value point is Rm 1M?

Many thanks
qintian
post Jan 22 2024, 09:52 AM

Soaring Like Eagle
1,268 posts

Dear all Sifu's,

There will be prudential funds that we will need to choose when we purchase policy with cash value (life, sickness).. can i know which is the best performance fund that usually all sifu's will put as? Usually my agent will "default" to put in dragon peacock fund or prulink equity fund

66 Pages « < 64 65 66Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:34 PM