120 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

bobdabuilda
post Jan 27 2012, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

hey guys, i need a little recommendation. i have been using a china LAK blade (penhold OFF+) with hurricane 3 black on my forehand and hurricane 2 red RPB for almost 3 years? i'm glad to say that the bat has been a good one, especially since it was my first tho i had a little tweaks with the rubber. but yeah, i'm looking for a new playstyle, just for fun, especially since i play socially. should i opt for an even faster blade or a slower blade which gives me more spin and control? i find it fairly easy to control my current blade (i'm aware that its not really that fast) but would it be very much different if i go for a carbon blade? i have probably about 3 weeks time to get my new blade since i'll be heading back overseas for my studies. would appreciate it if you guys could comment. sorry for just crashing btw!
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 27 2012, 10:56 PM

On my way
519 posts

Well, I'd suggest you get a faster wooden blade lol. I don't know about the rubber but I'll never use anything as hard as Hurricane 2 as my backhand. You could use the same rubber if you like the transition of new equipment to be smoother, but my advice would be to change your backhand at the very least LOL.

edit: Oh and, we're having a tournament (also known as gathering) in roughly 2 weeks. You could come over and have a few strokes and play some matches. =)

This post has been edited by Steven_aka_G: Jan 27 2012, 11:00 PM
bobdabuilda
post Jan 27 2012, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

a faster wooden blade over a carbon blade? is there really a vast difference in feel between the two? oh and the hurricane 2 for my RPB. haha i know nobody plays with such a slow rubber for rpb, i've heard that alot! but haha the h2 was actually my fh rubber (or first rubber to be exact). i simply used it for my rpb when i decided to learn how to backhand with cpen and bought a h3 for my fh, hence the setup. was thinking of a standard carbon blade (~rm200 range) with skyline tg3/ h3 neo and sriver / lkt pro xp for rpb but i'm not too sure if i could handle it?

also, i read through the thread actually haha but i highly doubt i'll be able to make it for the gathering since it's too close to my departure date.

This post has been edited by bobdabuilda: Jan 28 2012, 12:25 AM
anson81
post Jan 27 2012, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 21 2012, 02:12 PM)
@Steven_aka_G - did you miss Anson81, I think he said he wanted to join on page 5, making it 11 people so far  smile.gif
Wa... I'm so touched you remember me....
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 28 2012, 12:33 AM

On my way
519 posts

Well, I could share some part on chinese rubber from my experience. I've tried some chinese rubber and boy, the spin was awesome but it REALLY lacked in the power and speed department. If you have a fast arm swing then by all means, the choice is yours. Just be aware that in Malaysia, only a handful of professionals use Chinese rubber. Most would use tensors as they provide good speed and power. I once used a Nittaku Tenor (an all-wood blade) with Donic Acuda S2 (FH) and Xiom Vega Elite (BH) and it was really good. =) It just takes WAY too much effort for me to be bothered with Chinese Rubber.
botakbin
post Jan 28 2012, 12:44 PM

Heavily inclined to the dark side muahaha
5,304 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 28 2012, 12:33 AM)
Well, I could share some part on chinese rubber from my experience. I've tried some chinese rubber and boy, the spin was awesome but it REALLY lacked in the power and speed department. If you have a fast arm swing then by all means, the choice is yours. Just be aware that in Malaysia, only a handful of professionals use Chinese rubber. Most would use tensors as they provide good speed and power. I once used a Nittaku Tenor (an all-wood blade) with Donic Acuda S2 (FH) and Xiom Vega Elite (BH) and it was really good. =) It just takes WAY too much effort for me to be bothered with Chinese Rubber.
wow.... i never had the skill or knowledge for chinese rubbers.. i'm just not good enuf.. blush.gif
bobdabuilda
post Jan 28 2012, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

i've tried several srivers on different blades before. don't really fancy it but i suppose srivers are very different compared to tensors? maybe i should ditch the chinese rubber and try a tensor (bryce and tenergy are abit off my budget tbh) for my fh and probably a cheaper fast rubber on my bh? do you have any recommendations? also, i just got offered a ma lin soft carbon (used) for a decent price which i would most probably pick up.
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 28 2012, 05:39 PM

On my way
519 posts

Hmm.. Generally for the FH, you'd like something of medium hardness to be able to generate good spin and speed. What's your budget? That'll be able to narrow down the selections. =)

botakbin: *slaps head*
Wormyfried
post Jan 29 2012, 12:46 AM

39 posts

i thought china rubbers and tensor rubbers are the same! no? hmm.gif
botakbin
post Jan 29 2012, 11:05 AM

Heavily inclined to the dark side muahaha
5,304 posts

QUOTE(Wormyfried @ Jan 29 2012, 12:46 AM)
i thought china rubbers and tensor rubbers are the same! no?  hmm.gif
i think tensor rubbers are more expensive than china rubber la..
bobdabuilda
post Jan 29 2012, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 28 2012, 05:39 PM)
Hmm.. Generally for the FH, you'd like something of medium hardness to be able to generate good spin and speed. What's your budget? That'll be able to narrow down the selections. =)

botakbin: *slaps head*
i was thinking maybe ~120 for both rubbers? i'm pretty tight on budget thats why i was opting for chinese rubbers in the first place. i'll probably go with some very cheap rubber for my rpb and replace it next time when i have more cash.
K2002
post Jan 29 2012, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

Anyone else joining? We got remaining 1 place left. Two days to go. Everyone practice and see you guys in the tourney. Everyone register must come. Please come and meet the friends and have some fun. Prizes not great but important thing is we meet up and sweat it out.

Venue: UE3 Mr Ling Place.
Number of table: 3
Date: 11th February 2012 (Saturday)

The time needs to be change because during that time the tables is book by a coach.
Mr Ling recommend us to take a slot from 8.30 am till 11am. cause from 11am till 1pm the place is book by a coach. Just need to sacrifice your sleep and come in early. They usually open store at 11 but since we want to book the place we can book the place early and he will open it early at 8.30am.

reach 8.00am draw lots.
Time: 8.30am ~ 11am.
End at 11am or 11.30 am for Price giving ceremony.
Official Ball Use: Butterfly 3 Star
Each game 5 sets. Whoever get 3 sets win. If 3~0 must stop the game already scared not enough time. Each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10
All rules follow official ITTF.

For now we will set maximum player 16 people. Even if not enough 16 people we will still proceed with the game but bare in mind if less people maybe each of us need to fork out more for the table rental.

For prizes i will adjust accordingly. There will be table tennis goods, example such as table tennis balls butterfly, nitakku premium 3 star, or chinese rubbers,

This is the base calculation.
Table rental if not mistaken each table per hour at UE3 is rm 6 per hour. if three table for three hours. = RM54 (if we can finish earlier and if i get discount for the table rental I will add into the prizes section.

1st price RM45 (worth of table tennis goods)
2nd price RM35 (worth of table tennis goods)
3rd price RM25 (worth of table tennis goods)

Total = Rm 160
Provided if got 16 people each people fork out rm10
I will sponsor two boxes of butterfly table tennis balls for the friendly tourney. half a dozen should be enough for the tourney...

Attach is the map from Taman Miharja LRT station. You can walk around 10 minutes should reach the shop. Or if you not too sure where is the shop you can just wait at the main entrance of viva mall as seen as the picture on below. The building curve area shown on the google map is the place that you guys wait for me to guide you later on.

Participant Lists (Updated Feb 8th 2012 10pm)

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) *
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8) deadevil
9) ricstc
10)Darrylnck
11)anson81
12)wormyfried
13)MingYan
14)frostyylik
15)MEXTEMAN
16)xxdawnxx

*chernloon is down with chicken pox not able to join taken out from the list.

This post has been edited by K2002: Feb 8 2012, 10:01 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Wormyfried
post Jan 30 2012, 03:26 PM

39 posts

Oh shizzz! Im getting more nervous with each passing hour! Haha! Gotta have more chicken meat for breakfast lunch dinner.
deadevil
post Jan 30 2012, 08:00 PM

27 posts

c'on ! 3 more players !! LELONG LELONG ~~~
frostyylik
post Jan 30 2012, 08:58 PM

0 posts

Guys/Girls:
Just want to inform that we have a Ping Pong club in Chin Woo KL. We play on Saturday and Sunday. Official time is 130pm to 430pm. Please look for us on FB.
"Chin Woo Table Tennis Family Club" for detail.

We run round robbins every month. We welcome all to come and try. We have 2 coaches, and robots.

If anyone of you decide to come, please PM me.

Added on January 30, 2012, 10:30 pmI can comment on Chinese rubbers.
There are some fast chinese rubbers out there, comparable to those euro/jap rubbers.
Most armatures like myself are attracted to chinese rubbers because they are cheaper than those non-chinese rubbers.
Most chinese rubbers need to "break-in" time, means that a new rubber needs to be played for some time before it comes alive. Nowadays, people do not want to waste time, so they "tune" the rubbers by applying various oil.

This post has been edited by frostyylik: Jan 30 2012, 10:30 PM
K2002
post Jan 30 2012, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(frostyylik @ Jan 30 2012, 08:58 PM)
Guys/Girls:
                Just want to inform that we have a Ping Pong club in Chin Woo KL. We play on Saturday and Sunday. Official time is 130pm to 430pm. Please look for us on FB.
"Chin Woo Table Tennis Family Club" for detail.

We run round robbins every month. We welcome all to come and try. We have 2 coaches, and robots.

If anyone of you decide to come, please PM me.

Added on January 30, 2012, 10:30 pmI can comment on Chinese rubbers.
There are some fast chinese rubbers out there, comparable to those euro/jap rubbers.
Most armatures like myself are attracted to chinese rubbers because they are cheaper than those non-chinese rubbers.
Most chinese rubbers need to "break-in" time, means that a new rubber needs to be played for some time before it comes alive. Nowadays, people do not want to waste time, so they "tune" the rubbers by applying various oil.
to add to that. "Oil" it works like the normal speed glue. it will make the sponge pores open and after a while it will be very bouncy. you can try a brand call parrot brand. Eucalyptus oil...usually use for baby to bath using warm water. Very calm and soothing smell. you can buy it at any pharmacy. This is only for speed glue rubber. i never try those using water base glue rubber.

Beware try at your own risk. I only buy chinese rubber and apply it a few drops it will make your rubber curve. means the oil is taking effect. even you apply one layer of speed glue with the oil your rubber will curve like its been speed glue for more than 3 layers. i've tried that play with that more speed and bouncier. but then nowadays i dont speed glue anymore. just glue it once and then play it for months before reglued.

Or another way is you can add a little bit of that oil mix in your glue. i not sure bicycle glue working or not with this oil..but i tried haifu. put on too much this kind of oil your glue will get thinner (too dilute your rubber cannot stick to your blade...) just add a little bit. maybe one table spoon is enough for the small haifu bottle.

This post has been edited by K2002: Jan 31 2012, 02:00 AM
Asica
post Jan 31 2012, 04:55 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Wormyfried @ Jan 30 2012, 03:26 PM)
Oh shizzz! Im getting more nervous with each passing hour! Haha! Gotta have more chicken meat for breakfast lunch dinner.
Is chicken meat the secret to great table tennis? I must get on it too thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Asica: Jan 31 2012, 04:56 PM
Wormyfried
post Jan 31 2012, 08:22 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 31 2012, 05:55 PM)
Is chicken meat the secret to great table tennis? I must get on it too  thumbup.gif
Of course it is! Didn't you know???
The more you eat, the more chicken balls you have. brows.gif
K2002
post Feb 1 2012, 07:02 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

i will be going table tennis at star elite this evening. Anyone else coming? around 5pm ~ 9.30pm.

This post has been edited by K2002: Feb 1 2012, 07:03 AM
pingpang
post Feb 1 2012, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Feb 1 2012, 07:02 AM)
i will be going table tennis at star elite this evening. Anyone else coming? around 5pm ~ 9.30pm.
Hello,

I will be there around 8pm onwards. Still recovering from CNY meals (Lunch & dinners).

Added on February 1, 2012, 10:37 am
QUOTE(bobdabuilda @ Jan 27 2012, 01:44 PM)
hey guys, i need a little recommendation. i have been using a china LAK blade (penhold OFF+) with hurricane 3 black on my forehand and hurricane 2 red RPB for almost 3 years? i'm glad to say that the bat has been a good one, especially since it was my first tho i had a little tweaks with the rubber. but yeah, i'm looking for a new playstyle, just for fun, especially since i play socially. should i opt for an even faster blade or a slower blade which gives me more spin and control? i find it fairly easy to control my current blade (i'm aware that its not really that fast) but would it be very much different if i go for a carbon blade? i have probably about 3 weeks time to get my new blade since i'll be heading back overseas for my studies. would appreciate it if you guys could comment. sorry for just crashing btw!
Hi bobdabuilda,
To answer your question : "should i opt for an even faster blade or a slower blade which gives me more spin and control?" - ask yourself what type of game do you want to play, fast attacking game or a slower control game.
If you opt for the former, a carbon bat or a fast wooden bat with fast rubber may be suitable for you. But if you opt for the latter, then your current set-up should be enough.

For me, as I am consider a beginner, I prefer to use a slow wooden bat with medium speed rubber. I have try using a fast carbon blade with (1) tenergy rubber - fast rubber (2) sriver-medium speed rubber (note: the bat is my fren's) and I have trouble controlling the speed of the ball. So, in the end, I still prefer the slow and control type of game.

Added on February 1, 2012, 10:42 am
QUOTE(Wormyfried @ Jan 29 2012, 12:46 AM)
i thought china rubbers and tensor rubbers are the same! no?  hmm.gif
China rubbers generally refers to all rubbers made in China. For example rubbers made by DHS (Double Happiness Company), 729 Friendship, Palio, Dawei, Yin Her, Globe etc.

Tensor rubbers are rubbers made using "tension technology", first introduced in Germany (I think). For further details, please refer "Uncle Wiki". Most tensor rubbers have a marking "Tensor-Bios" or something to that effect.
Nowadays most table tennis rubber manufacturers like Andro, Nittaku, Yasaka, Donic etc have tensor rubbers in their range. Not forgetting China rubbers manufacturers like Palio also have tensor rubbers.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Feb 1 2012, 10:42 AM

120 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0256sec    0.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:01 PM