Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> water heater, price and quality

views

cwk0713
post Feb 2 2024, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

Thanks guys, will opt for full PVC hose then..
UnknownH
post Feb 3 2024, 09:52 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

Greetings, peeps. Need to replace this ancient stuff(20 years already) tongue.gif
Any recommendations? Actually this old-timer still kicking well, heating power is sufficient 3.3kW(not living in highland), it just lacks booster pump. Need to replace it with a new one with same/superior durability and excellent pump. Don't really mind if it's AC (noisy) or DC(silent) as long as the big boss enjoy her shower time. Please help icon_question.gif

user posted image
user posted image
Jason
post Feb 4 2024, 02:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ Feb 3 2024, 09:52 PM)
Greetings, peeps. Need to replace this ancient stuff(20 years already) tongue.gif
Any recommendations? Actually this old-timer still kicking well, heating power is sufficient 3.3kW(not living in highland), it just lacks booster pump. Need to replace it with a new one with same/superior durability and excellent pump. Don't really mind if it's AC (noisy) or DC(silent) as long as the big boss enjoy her shower time. Please help icon_question.gif
Just get the Panasonic with pump. Should do the trick. It’ll have the same push to on/off the unit with water flow, which you are used to. No need to fuss around with the water flow tap.
UnknownH
post Feb 5 2024, 08:01 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Feb 4 2024, 02:12 AM)
Just get the Panasonic with pump. Should do the trick. It’ll have the same push to on/off the unit with water flow, which you are used to. No need to fuss around with the water flow tap.
Any idea or number I should look at the pump spec? Is there something like minimum water pressure pump worth buying or don't buy at all thinggy?
kesvani
post Feb 5 2024, 09:01 PM

On my way
673 posts

This post has been edited by kesvani: Feb 5 2024, 09:02 PM
Selene Yeo
post Feb 6 2024, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

user posted image
user posted image
First of all, do not use plug + socket connection to power up your water heater. Is it not safe and definitely against SIRIM & Suruhanjaya Tenaga's guideline. Suggest u to change to a Water Heater Connector like the one shown below. U can get it easily from online platforms, example here - Shopee / Lazada

user posted image

If u want stronger pump, get AC Pump as compared to DC Pump. Noisier, use more electricity, lesser warranty period, but slightly stronger than DC Pump. But instant water heaters' built-in pumps, regardless of whichever brands or AC / DC Pump, are still small, so don't have high expectation on the additional water pressure boost. Also, many brands like Panasonic. Joven, Midea, Toshiba (I think) are phasing or have phased out AC Pump. Lowest price instant water heaters with AC Pump should be Centon, like this one - Shopee / Lazada

QUOTE(UnknownH @ Feb 5 2024, 08:01 PM)
Any idea or number I should look at the pump spec? Is there something like minimum water pressure pump worth buying or don't buy at all thinggy?
U will need at least 2 litres / minute water flow for most instant water heaters to turn on as instant water heaters use flow switch as a safety measure (low or no water flow, instant water heaters won't turn on to prevent the heating element from burning). So if your water flow is extremely low (lower than 2 litres / minute), instant water heaters won't turn on even if they have a built-in pump, unless the instant water heaters have the Pump Activator button to manually jump start the pump so that water flow can be increased enough to turn on the instant water heaters' flow switch. I think so far I saw Centon and Alpha brand has this feature, such as this Atlantis model - Shopee / Lazada

But ultimately, getting an external booster pump like Grundfos will be the best choice, as u can use it to boost water pressure throughout the house, not just for shower, example here - Shopee. Downside is it is much more expensive, and with the higher water pressure generated, u might need a higher power rating instant water heater to generate enough hot water (higher water flow = lower output water temperature).

gosleo
post Feb 6 2024, 11:59 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(ccschua @ Jan 29 2024, 05:28 PM)
I have a water heater can pump but not the heater. its a Rubine with DC water pump. should I dismantle it and bring it for repair?
To answer your question, please refer to my blog on how to change flow sensor:
https://gr8place2go.blogspot.com/2023/04/di...-hot-water.html

Another case on Rubine IA991D DC Pump Instant Water Heater, just take out the flow sensor, clean it and realign it.
https://gr8place2go.blogspot.com/2023/09/di...ine-ia991d.html

My initial suspect is flow sensor (magnet) or Reed Switch spoilt.
Rubine flow sensor (magnet) might be slightly pricey compared to Joven.

Hope this is helpful to you.

This post has been edited by gosleo: Feb 6 2024, 12:33 PM
Pain4UrsinZ
post Feb 6 2024, 10:41 PM

Regular
1,775 posts

bought electrolux water heater, it is annoying as the pump always on and no option to turn it off. i wonder is it the same for other brands also ?
ceo684
post Feb 6 2024, 10:53 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

user posted image
user posted image
I have the same model. Just replace with brand new ori Pana hose and Pana shower head. Limescale built up and reduced water flow to annoying level.

QUOTE(Pain4UrsinZ @ Feb 6 2024, 10:41 PM)
bought electrolux water heater, it is annoying as the pump always on and no option to turn it off. i wonder is it the same for other brands also ?
Most w/pump model don't have a separate button specifically for pump on-off.
Selene Yeo
post Feb 7 2024, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Malaysian brands like CENTON, ALPHA, DEKA have instant water heaters with Pump Control to adjust the pump speed from OFF to MAX SPEED. Not all models I think, but most models.

gosleo
post Feb 7 2024, 03:44 PM

9 posts

Alpha EVO-i have ON/OFF Pump Switch and also a separate knob to adjust MIN to MAX.

user posted image

30: Pump Control Knob (Min to Max)
32: Pump ON/OFF Button
kinwah123
post Mar 9 2024, 02:00 PM

21 posts

Hi. Anyone can recommend a heavy duty ladder? 7 to 9 steps. For residential use only. Double sided. Must be solid and long lasting

This post has been edited by kinwah123: Mar 9 2024, 02:03 PM
GamersFamilia
post Mar 9 2024, 07:47 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

for water heater , what is the best brand in the market nowdays ? plan to buy and install at my new apartment
ceo684
post Mar 11 2024, 12:57 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(kinwah123 @ Mar 9 2024, 02:00 PM)
Hi. Anyone can recommend a heavy duty ladder? 7 to 9 steps. For residential use only. Double sided. Must be solid and long lasting
Everlas single sided ok liao. If want solid then 4-section foldable Everlas. That 4-section got certification for heavy duty.

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Mar 9 2024, 07:47 PM)
for water heater , what is the best brand in the market nowdays ? plan to buy and install at my new apartment
Panasonic with push start model. DH-3MT1 easy to install.
GamersFamilia
post Mar 11 2024, 03:57 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Mar 11 2024, 12:57 PM)
Panasonic with push start model. DH-3MT1 easy to install.
noted , will check those model soon
togekiss
post Mar 19 2024, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(Selene Yeo @ Feb 6 2024, 10:47 AM)
First of all, do not use plug + socket connection to power up your water heater. Is it not safe and definitely against SIRIM & Suruhanjaya Tenaga's guideline. Suggest u to change to a Water Heater Connector like the one shown below. U can get it easily from online platforms, example here - Shopee / Lazada

user posted image
If u want stronger pump, get AC Pump as compared to DC Pump. Noisier, use more electricity, lesser warranty period, but slightly stronger than DC Pump. But instant water heaters' built-in pumps, regardless of whichever brands or AC / DC Pump, are still small, so don't have high expectation on the additional water pressure boost. Also, many brands like Panasonic. Joven, Midea, Toshiba (I think) are phasing or have phased out AC Pump. Lowest price instant water heaters with AC Pump should be Centon, like this one - Shopee / Lazada
U will need at least 2 litres / minute water flow for most instant water heaters to turn on as instant water heaters use flow switch as a safety measure (low or no water flow, instant water heaters won't turn on to prevent the heating element from burning). So if your water flow is extremely low (lower than 2 litres / minute), instant water heaters won't turn on even if they have a built-in pump, unless the instant water heaters have the Pump Activator button to manually jump start the pump so that water flow can be increased enough to turn on the instant water heaters' flow switch. I think so far I saw Centon and Alpha brand has this feature, such as this Atlantis model - Shopee / Lazada
But ultimately, getting an external booster pump like Grundfos will be the best choice, as u can use it to boost water pressure throughout the house, not just for shower, example here - Shopee. Downside is it is much more expensive, and with the higher water pressure generated, u might need a higher power rating instant water heater to generate enough hot water (higher water flow = lower output water temperature).
in terms of socket and plug, even new condos are still using this instead of waterproof plugs.
stormer.lyn
post Mar 19 2024, 09:30 AM

Enthusiast
739 posts

QUOTE(togekiss @ Mar 19 2024, 09:19 AM)
in terms of socket and plug, even new condos are still using this instead of waterproof plugs.
The developer has to terminate it and not leave it hanging loose, so a socket is installed to be utilised for general use.
If you want to use that socket for a water heater, it is your responsibility to make it fit for purpose by using the proper connector.
Similar to a socket in the kitchen that you may want to use for a high wattage oven - your responsibility to make the socket change.

An analogy is your car can be used to transport goods, but it is up to you to use a commercial vehicle to comply with the laws.

Please don't use that excuse that the socket was already there; it is very unsafe to use a 13A/15A socket for water heaters.

98 Pages « < 96 97 98Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:27 PM