Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Internet Paid Web Hosting & Domain Registration Thread

views

hungheykwun
post Jan 30 2007, 03:01 PM

Regular
1,058 posts

mogutou SUCKS!

we are doing karate promotion ; we have the domain name printed on flyer; we went LIVE and the site was down!!!

now im looking for a webhost that will do the domain name transfer to their hosting for me.

pls offer me; i need to get this done today (30 jan)

i think i will form a blacklisted webhost thread here.

jason19780616
post Jan 30 2007, 03:35 PM

0 posts

Why dont u try www.serverfreak.com ,im not trying to promo for them but im just a happy customer.i use to be with mogutou i alsoo cannot tahan with the bugger..no reply la down for freaking 3 days also no respond..then i found serverfreak they setup my server in less than 5 mins after i bank in the money to them...good service lor and fast servers...they price is quite cheap also not as cheap as mogutou but good service and high uptime rate.add that person's msn he will guide u and tell u.

QUOTE(hungheykwun @ Jan 30 2007, 04:01 PM)
mogutou SUCKS!

we are doing karate promotion ; we have the domain name printed on flyer; we went LIVE and the site was down!!!

now im looking for a webhost that will do the domain name transfer to their hosting for me.

pls offer me; i need to get this done today (30 jan)

i think i will form a blacklisted webhost thread here.
Xanaris
post Jan 30 2007, 09:43 PM

21 posts

Huh?lol..
(warning,foul language)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Wonder whats his problem...

This post has been edited by Xanaris: Jan 30 2007, 09:44 PM
CyberPunk
post Jan 31 2007, 03:53 AM

1 posts

LOL!!!
ahahahhaha....
caught red handed...!!
man.... people these days.... *shake head*

so looks like serverfreak has a dang good reputation now... okay man... i think im gonna go for server freak
my44
post Jan 31 2007, 06:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,253 posts

if you want to form blacklist, pls include versatilenetworks, simply the who's who in the hall of shame.

i've actually used about 10-15 hosting throughout these years. another bad one is probably jv-hosting.net (but not a malaysian hosting)

thus far, serverfreak is the most reliable. the worse downtime i experienced was with jv-hosting (24 hrs), versatilenetwork (20 hrs), qualityhosting (16 hrs) and pixcle.com (14 hrs). various reasons like server overload by AWstats, or "network card needed to be replaced"

Added on January 31, 2007, 6:18 am
QUOTE(jason19780616 @ Jan 30 2007, 03:35 PM)
..then i found serverfreak they setup my server in less than 5 mins after i bank in the money to them...good service lor and fast servers...they price is quite cheap also not as cheap as mogutou but good service and high uptime rate...

ermm, how come mogutou is cheaper lor? serverfreak offers 500MB, 10GB bandwidth for RM60 per year. mogutou's 500MB, 10GB is RM90/yr.

This post has been edited by my44: Jan 31 2007, 06:18 AM
hungheykwun
post Jan 31 2007, 09:36 AM

Regular
1,058 posts

my44; can pls post to my blacklist hosters thread? its more credible if u post it cos its frm yr own experience. thanks!
fat16
post Jan 31 2007, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

- mogutau is death. try register new domain or hosting, nobody will contact u.
- asiawebserver last week order page not working, this week website down for maintenance, sales@asiawebserver not replay my email
- sales@cynatestudio take 2 days to replay my email

i have used serverfreak for 1 year. can try first pay later. good hosting. fast replay. small web space.

pixcle.com big space small bandwidth, limited database. can try first for 24 hrs. fast setup even at midnight.

anybody using malaysiahoster ?
ccxh
post Jan 31 2007, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi all.

Just wanna share my experience so far. I have just came onto the world of internet and registered my sites in 2 different servers. I have 4 sites by the way. one is in mogutou, the other 3 is in giz technology.

Here are 2 screenshots of the time taken to connect by ftp to the respective servers from the initial "connecting to.. " until "directory listing successful".

famouschris.com is hosted in mogutou, losu.org is hosted in giz.

Here's the difference.

19 seconds - famouschris
1 second - losu

Of course I can still upload and download and navigate through the directories in famouschris, but it will take more time. I was hoping the slowness is a fixable problem so that i may increase productivity.

I would seriously recommend Giz Tech. The website might look a bit funny but my experience with Giz has been spectacular. Customer support is just great.
coyouth
post Jan 31 2007, 02:51 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Xanaris @ Jan 30 2007, 09:43 PM)
Huh?lol..
(warning,foul language)

Wonder whats his problem...
Which company does this person represent? shakehead.gif
michaelfoo
post Jan 31 2007, 05:10 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(ccxh @ Jan 31 2007, 02:34 PM)
Hi all.

Just wanna share my experience so far. I have just came onto the world of internet and registered my sites in 2 different servers. I have 4 sites by the way. one is in mogutou, the other 3 is in giz technology.

Here are 2 screenshots of the time taken to connect by ftp to the respective servers from the initial "connecting to.. " until "directory listing successful".

famouschris.com is hosted in mogutou, losu.org is hosted in giz.

Here's the difference.

19 seconds - famouschris
1 second - losu

Of course I can still upload and download and navigate through the directories in famouschris, but it will take more time. I was hoping the slowness is a fixable problem so that i may increase productivity.

I would seriously recommend Giz Tech. The website might look a bit funny but my experience with Giz has been spectacular. Customer support is just great.
For your information, the reason why there is a major difference in the connecting speed is because famouschris.com is on a US server:

While losu.org is on a SG server:

It is best for you to inform the hosting provider upon signing up about your web site's targetted audience. If you are expecting lots of international visitors, a US server is the best. Else, go for regional servers like SG or MY servers.

Thus, you can't really compare Mogo & Giz by the speed test, as you're comparing apples to oranges now.

Thanks.

Xanaris
post Jan 31 2007, 07:04 PM

21 posts

Quoting from coyouth
Which company does this person represent? shakehead.gif

His own I guess. He advertised his "services" here,just look back at the posts,his was cheap at rm25. I was interested.

He said he'd let me use a test account for 2 days. I'd have no control or ftp, only that I can download a file or something to test its speed/bandwidth.
Yea so okay, I waited,and waited and waited...he went offline. So like the next week,he came back on, I asked him if remembers anything? He said something like "I dont deal with you". So okay, I ignored him after that lol...
Then yesterday came this msg xD So here we are.

This post has been edited by Xanaris: Jan 31 2007, 07:06 PM
coyouth
post Jan 31 2007, 09:12 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Xanaris @ Jan 31 2007, 07:04 PM)
Quoting from coyouth

His own I guess. He advertised his "services" here,just look back at the posts,his was cheap at rm25. I was interested.

He said he'd let me use a test account for 2 days. I'd have no control or ftp, only that I can download a file or something to test its speed/bandwidth.
Yea so okay, I waited,and waited and waited...he went offline. So like the next week,he came back on, I asked him if remembers anything? He said something like "I dont deal with you". So okay, I ignored him after that lol...
Hmm... Interesting... LOL. Anyway, his offer was RM25 per month or per year?
Xanaris
post Jan 31 2007, 11:01 PM

21 posts

Interesting right? xD Anyway,it was rm25 per year. The bandwidth got me going,why not give it a try,hehe... Well, lets not like start spamming here,hehe...the admin/mods shud consider adding the proposed blacklist thread.
ccxh
post Feb 1 2007, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(michaelfoo @ Jan 31 2007, 05:10 PM)
For your information, the reason why there is a major difference in the connecting speed is because famouschris.com is on a US server:

While losu.org is on a SG server:

It is best for you to inform the hosting provider upon signing up about your web site's targetted audience. If you are expecting lots of international visitors, a US server is the best. Else, go for regional servers like SG or MY servers.

Thus, you can't really compare Mogo & Giz by the speed test, as you're comparing apples to oranges now.

Thanks.
thanks for the heads up, michael.
cpteoh
post Feb 1 2007, 11:15 AM

Starcraft - Broodwar
1,091 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ Jan 31 2007, 10:28 AM)
- mogutau is death. try register new domain or hosting, nobody will contact u.
- asiawebserver last week order page not working, this week website down for maintenance, sales@asiawebserver not replay my email
- sales@cynatestudio take 2 days to replay my email

i have used serverfreak for 1 year. can try first pay later. good hosting. fast replay. small web space.

pixcle.com big space small bandwidth, limited database. can try first for 24 hrs. fast setup even at midnight.

anybody using malaysiahoster ?
yup i use serverfreak for 1 year +
a very nice web hosting
contact sam, he is friendly
michaelfoo
post Feb 1 2007, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(Xanaris @ Jan 31 2007, 07:04 PM)
Quoting from coyouth

Well, not to provoke quarrel, but the guy added me to his MSN last year and tried to sell his hosting services to me. Funny that he is trying to advertise his services to a hosting company, and I wasn't really treated in the politely manner when I declined to take up his offer.

QUOTE(ccxh @ Feb 1 2007, 11:12 AM)
thanks for the heads up, michael.
You're welcome! smile.gif

sampride
post Feb 1 2007, 11:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,188 posts

QUOTE(michaelfoo @ Feb 1 2007, 11:24 AM)
Well, not to provoke quarrel, but the guy added me to his MSN last year and tried to sell his hosting services to me. Funny that he is trying to advertise his services to a hosting company, and I wasn't really treated in the politely manner when I declined to take up his offer.
You're welcome! smile.gif
I also same the same thing that happen to Michael. He added me last year, and it seems he wanted to buy hosting from me. Then he request to help in to install forum. I said you subscribe first, then he scolded me "stupid" and "idiot".

Added on February 1, 2007, 11:30 am
QUOTE(cpteoh @ Feb 1 2007, 11:15 AM)
yup i use serverfreak for 1 year +
a very nice web hosting
contact sam, he is friendly
cpteoh, thank you for your support. smile.gif

This post has been edited by sampride: Feb 1 2007, 11:30 AM
enyo
post Feb 4 2007, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
134 posts

Anyone heard of Reseller Zoom. It is a very reliable hosting site with a lot of good feedbacks. You can check their Uptime Record by a third party site. Reseller Zoom Reviews.com. The review site is owned by themselves but the reviews are linked from WebHosting Talk.com. One more, Hosting Zoom is the parent company for Reseller Zoom.

What I wanted is a cheap, reliable host. However, most of the hosts out there charge out of my budget. I bumped into this reseller site and and if I buy a reseller pack, which is quite cheap and SHARE it with others, all of us can get a cheap and reliable host.

Space/BW/Price
I aim for Budget Reseller Plan One which gives 4 GB space, 60GB bw and only costs USD 6.95 per month. If there's 2 person willing to host with me, 3 of us can get around 1333 MB (1GB+) and 20GB of bw at around RM8 per month. You can go to the site and check for yourself, I don't earn anything. biggrin.gif You can customise the space & bw you need if you need more/less.

There's a overselling feature but I will not oversell. I will let you know how many people are sharing the host. I don't think we will host more than 3-4 persons, but it depends on the space/bw they need. tongue.gif

Feautures
You can check the features here. I am going for the cheapest budget plan.

Payment
You can bank in to my Ambank/ Public Bank account and I will bank in to the host via Paypal.

Can I trust you?
I don't think I can gain enough trust from you now because I seldom do trade here. You can tell me what you need and I will register first and set up the account for you then, you can pay me. Please be serious and don't tell me you don't need the account after I registered.

I am hosting my site and forum too, so worry not, I will not disappear suddenly.

PM me if you have and inquiries. Serious and interested people only. tongue.gif

michaelfoo
post Feb 4 2007, 12:30 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(enyo @ Feb 4 2007, 11:41 AM)
Anyone heard of Reseller Zoom. It is a very reliable hosting site with a lot of good feedbacks. You can check their Uptime Record by a third party site. Reseller Zoom Reviews.com. The review site is owned by themselves but the reviews are linked from WebHosting Talk.com. One more, Hosting Zoom is the parent company for Reseller Zoom.

What I wanted is a cheap, reliable host. However, most of the hosts out there charge out of my budget. I bumped into this reseller site and and if I buy a reseller pack, which is quite cheap and SHARE it with others, all of us can get a cheap and reliable host.

Space/BW/Price
I aim for Budget Reseller Plan One which gives 4 GB space, 60GB bw and only costs USD 6.95 per month. If there's 2 person willing to host with me, 3 of us can get around 1333 MB (1GB+)  and 20GB of bw at around RM8 per month. You can go to the site and check for yourself, I don't earn anything.  biggrin.gif You can customise the space & bw you need if you need more/less.

There's a overselling feature but I will not oversell. I will let you know how many people are sharing the host. I don't think we will host more than 3-4 persons, but it depends on the space/bw they need. tongue.gif

Feautures
You can check the features here. I am going for the cheapest budget plan.

Payment
You can bank in to my Ambank/ Public Bank account and I will bank in to the host via Paypal.

Can I trust you?
I don't think I can gain enough trust from you now because I seldom do trade here. You can tell me what you need and I will register first and set up the account for you then, you can pay me. Please be serious and don't tell me you don't need the account after I registered.

I am hosting my site and forum too, so worry not, I will not disappear suddenly.

PM me if you have and inquiries. Serious and interested people only.  tongue.gif
Hi,
To find out more information about ResellerZoom, you can check out:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1986634

In my opinion, they are reliable, but only limited to the Failover Plan. I've a friend who is hosting under them, and he moved on to the Failover from Budget because the Budget servers are highly crowded and not really reliable.

Thanks and hope that helps!

enyo
post Feb 4 2007, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Thank you for your valueble info, michaelfoo, will reconsider it again. sad.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by enyo: Feb 4 2007, 12:54 PM

59 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0336sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:14 PM