Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bodybuilding Thread V10, READ STICKIES B4 POSTING

views

VeeJay
post Dec 3 2011, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

Man, it was scary to watch them lift...luckily it was only 10-15lbs! phew!
VeeJay
post Dec 6 2011, 10:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(alexooi17 @ Dec 5 2011, 11:37 PM)
just curious..is anybody here train without taking supplement and go for solid food ?
me for one! rclxms.gif I have tried with supplements long time back when I started (95/96)

after a long gap restarted again, but without supplements
VeeJay
post Dec 6 2011, 10:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Dec 6 2011, 12:36 AM)
I don't use protein powder. Just multivits and fish oil.
same here (multi-vit), but i mix 3 or 4 types of oil, coconut, castor, sesame, (sometimes with olive) with pure honey.
VeeJay
post Dec 12 2011, 03:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

hahaha...what a coincidence!...ate for dinner....then malam cannot tidur.....eat again now, from the left over....not maggie, but indomie today...as usual lump with egg and chicken...btw...its my rest day today... tongue.gif ...oops that was yesterday (Sunday)...

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Dec 12 2011, 03:08 AM
VeeJay
post Dec 13 2011, 11:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Dec 13 2011, 11:10 AM)
the wording is "No MSG" or "No Added MSG"? does it have Yeast Extract?
Hmmm, so you guys think MSG (Glutamate) is bad? WHich in turn is non-essential amino acids...interesting...you may want to rethink (re-study) on it... biggrin.gif The only thing that is bad on these noodles are the amount of salt (sodium) added to it....

To date, there is no profound scientific study indicating MSG has health concern, recent FDA and FSA study also indicates, there is no significant health hazard, else most of Japanese (one the most healthiest people on earth), would have indicated it rclxms.gif
VeeJay
post Dec 14 2011, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Dec 13 2011, 06:13 PM)
I gave up. That was long back. Got me,fat. Now I just eat what I want.
ultimately, I think this is what we need to thrive for!

Good masculine body, good strength and could eat what ever we want! rclxms.gif

OK as for diet cycle, I started with my weight training (as I posted previously), in July for 2 months...high protein and high fat, low carb; with shit load of cardio in the morning (1 hr) and weights in the evening. WIthin the months manage to reduce body fat from 22 to around 13%. my daily. calorie intake is around 3000-3500

After that, eat whatever I want, just being cautious on transfat, sugar and salt, and ensure enough protein in each meal.

Number of meal is pretty much unlimited, i basically listen to my body, 3 to 4 days in a week, would wake up like 2am or 4am to eat full meal.

two months plus later my body fat is still the same....everyone has different internal absorption and process, as you train longer with experience (4-5 yrs) you can easily detect your body need and go with that flow... (tweak, diet and exercise to maintain, or to increase or to reduce)

RIght now, I have restarted the cycle, with high carbo and high protein and moderate fat.

I'm just doing this to experiment and at the same time, to jerk the system, lets see, if it increases my body fat.
VeeJay
post Dec 14 2011, 10:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(moe81 @ Dec 14 2011, 05:55 PM)
Mind posting ur stats and some pic would be of a great help to us.
OH Man! dontlah embarrass me bro cry.gif you folks are really huge and looking good....me belum lagi start lifting real weight regime yet. Will only be starting Jan 2012. The last 6 months was just to condition my body and get it prepared, since I have lapsed about 9-10 yrs now. doh.gif

No worries, next year you will hear more of me thumbup.gif
VeeJay
post Dec 14 2011, 11:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(mikehuan @ Dec 14 2011, 10:43 PM)
why wait till january though? anyways on your own time man heh, all of us need to progress im sure none of us are happy with the way they are now right tongue.gif
I meant scheduled log of weighted training, mike. I have started weights, else I wouldnt have been able to cut my bf. The thing is I'm just playing around first with various high rep/ volume / max RM / etc. ANd I had been sourcing and stoking up my weights, manage to fill up to 200lbs, should be okay for now.

I do play around alot weights and its fun, do enjoy it, yesterday just for the kick of it, did db row lifting 60lbs, felt really really good this morning when I woke up tongue.gif

Just being cautious here...me body way too many injuries from badminton, basketball and soccer. you name it, I have the injuries. and still recovering from some of it, hence just wanted to take one step at a time, especially at my age. ANd looking at you folks posting here here, its really good learning and re-learning curve... thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Dec 14 2011, 11:04 PM
VeeJay
post Dec 19 2011, 04:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Dec 19 2011, 04:45 PM)
I think he posted in 3. laugh.gif
make it 4! doh.gif

Bro raul88, when you post the same question under the Health section on multiple thread, its called SPAMMING! rclxub.gif

You are a senior member and should realize this!
VeeJay
post Jan 5 2012, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(bobdabuilda @ Jan 5 2012, 02:02 AM)
just tried half a shot of olive oil. dumped the other half. i find it extremely disgusting to down for some reasons haha. what do you guys take to kill the after taste?
try mixing with honey
VeeJay
post Jan 6 2012, 02:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(nasrulbond @ Jan 6 2012, 01:54 PM)
guys, do u also take caffeine for ur pre-workout? in what form? and if im not mistaken, if take caffeine when on creatine supplements, it will not work out. is it true?
Not true......I stopped supplements nowadays, but during my supplement period,

I normally stackup with caffeine, creatine and aspirin. I dont recommend it unless you are g0ing for really heavy weights and PRs. Read abou tit first understand what you are taking, if you want to follow it.
VeeJay
post Jan 6 2012, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(nasrulbond @ Jan 6 2012, 02:55 PM)
oh i see. thanks for the tips. smile.gif maybe i wanna try caffeine after this, bfore this used to take whey for pre w/out then creatine for post w/o. and for creatine, its really improve my lift after i taking it for about 2-3 weeks ( now still on going for a month probably). and oh ya, what's with the aspirin?
as I said earlier, if you dont know, what you are taking, instead of just popping it in, then PLEASE do not take! if you just want to try on caffeine, then its fine.... now I wonder if I made a mistake posting it here doh.gif
VeeJay
post Jan 7 2012, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Jan 7 2012, 01:15 PM)
hey guys, i need your help. I was updating my workout journal and suddenly i realised the previous post dissapeared after adding my yesterdays workout. anyone knows why this happened ?
during the reply post, basically you are overwriting what you have wrote yesterday....hence you need to tick(dont forget) "Do not combine with previous post? "

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 7 2012, 01:49 PM
VeeJay
post Jan 10 2012, 11:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Jan 10 2012, 10:51 PM)
hey guys, is it normal to loose strength while dieting ? i find it harder to lift the same amount of weights and reps that i used to lift before dieting now ?
actually it depends on alot of things....since you started with 95kg, what is your weight now?
VeeJay
post Jan 11 2012, 12:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Jan 11 2012, 12:38 AM)
My last weight before dieting was 96.5 kg. Now am hovering around 94kg. Slow progress rclxub.gif
whats your daily diet like?
VeeJay
post Jan 11 2012, 01:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Jan 11 2012, 12:55 AM)
Where do you train bro ? I don't have any specific meals that I follow. Firstly, I make sure that I'm having about 6 to 8 meals a day. I do only consume brown rice for lunch during my weight training days. Have increased my intake of protein through solid food.I even do take a cup of oats either for breakfast or later part of the day. Btw, I am a vegetarian for about 3 days a week.
Like a homemaker...me train at home tongue.gif
It will be good if you could list out your typical meal...sorry for so many question, just trying to help out here.

I have a cousin who started to train with me, and he started off similar like with 89kg, I started off his program on Nov and now he stands at 83+. if your diet is correct, and with training you should be able to see reduction like 2 kg a month with 3-4 days of a week of training.

Let us look at your diet and then we could comment better.
BTW, I'm not a pro or a PT, just sharing my experience thats all...

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 11 2012, 01:07 AM
VeeJay
post Jan 17 2012, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(John91 @ Jan 17 2012, 03:20 PM)
Lol, only yesterday I was in the gym and this bunch of guys were benchpressing in a group while the "leader" was some really skinny guy wearing a loose white singlet and a lifting belt. Then he proceeded to flat bench 5kg per side+ bar for working sets, followed by 2.5kg bicep curls...

Sometimes its hard not to laugh...
Ok lah, we need not perli them...at least, they are not coach potato, getting their ass out there to make a difference, how much of a difference is another matter...LOL
VeeJay
post Jan 22 2012, 02:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(potemkin @ Jan 22 2012, 12:48 PM)
Guys, was wondering , can we separate the workout and nutrition sticky ?

I was thinking that it'll be better since it's cluttered with diet and supps questions.

Members Workout Journal is personal really and i don't think we (noobs like me especially) can get much criticism on our routines.

Thoughts ?

Oh , and Happy Chinese New Year !!
I feel thats nothing wrong in getting critics on the Journal itself. Have the routine posted there, and you could discuss specifics there, its more individual/personal there.

As for diets, the same thing, and there is a thread on diet as well.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/301136/+1360
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/350964/+440

and for supplements

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1829714/+1880

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 22 2012, 02:25 PM
VeeJay
post Jan 28 2012, 11:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(bobdabuilda @ Jan 28 2012, 11:32 PM)
anyone fcked their neck/ traps muscle doing shrugs before? i was shrugging today and heard or felt a pop and dropped the weights immediately. wasn't too painful at first. but now after almost half a days with one heat pack (by mistake, shouldve went cold) and 2 cold packs along with paracetemol and codeine phosphaste, i'm feeling so much worse. can't reach my left ear to the left shoulder and right ear to the right shoulder without pain and also can't bend reach chin to collarbone. i've experienced this before, i mean this strain? twice but nothing hurts as bad! i think i must've leaned my neck too much forward? any experiences sigh?
Oouch....never heat pack, man. Its always ice and ice. Ice at least 2-3 times for the first 3 days. And obviously rest.

You can have mix both cold and hot from 4th day onwards, but ice is still important.

Take care, mate.
VeeJay
post Jan 31 2012, 09:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(ZintanthraX @ Jan 31 2012, 09:47 PM)
today was my back day. tried doing cardio after the workout and it drains me like hell. can only do 20 mins and i'm out.
hahaha, obviously. when you have intense workout, and doing cardio thereafter, is just over doing. I would rather split that on the next day, or do it in the morning.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0386sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:32 PM