QUOTE(rakyat @ Apr 12 2012, 03:34 PM)
Hello new Honor user here (technically not yet as will receive the phone this evening)
Was surfing this tread to find out more what to do or dl for the phone and notice there is no 'sticky' on the 1st post. There is also no 'owner roll call'? Mayb TS can compile an owner listing and impt info on the 1st page?
Anyway this being my 1st Andriod phone (infact 1st phone is 7 yrs!!! Was gonna buy the S2 last yr but didn't make it) What should I do 1st? I read that for honor, we should reroot the rom to GB from ICS?
Congrats to you!
It depends on what you want to do actually. However I found that for a smartphone there are a few tips I can share.
1. Get a data plan. I read somewhere smartphone without a data plan is kind of a waste.
2. Which do you prefer : Gingerbread 2.3.6 or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 4.0.3? Gingerbread 2.3.6 officially comes with the current Huawei Honor, but there is an official chinese/English version of ICS 4.0.3 which you can download and try by upgrading it.
3. Get Onavo Data Count app, its good enough for me to keep track of my data plan usage and do custom restriction on what app should access the data plan.
4. Root or not your phone, giving you freedom to remove unwanted default apps in Huawei Honor. (Not recommended if you are really a beginner. Better read a lot first on the adv and disadv of having one.)
5. Go to Play Store/Market and download the apps your heart out and get a lot of sleepless night trying them.
6. Sync your email, facebook, twitter, whatsapps, instagram etc etc so you can be connected all the times.
REMEMBER TO ONLY USE THE WIFI, GPS, DATA, BLUETOOTH when you need them. Turn them off when you don't. You can get the phone to be alive without recharging for days if you do.
Try to download apps from Play Store when you are on WIFI rather on data plan.
*None of the list are in sequential order. I just list them as I think of them.
Many other tips which I might not remember to think of. There are friends here who are willing to share... just keep watching the thread.
Added on April 12, 2012, 6:51 pm
QUOTE(seichirosano @ Apr 12 2012, 06:00 PM)
Guys, i have a problem on my Huawei Honor.
After i downloaded and installer the latest firmware came out on 12 march 2012 (around there) from the phone [online upgrade] > [Firmware upgrade].
it messed up my contacts even though it stated it wouldn't change the files on my phone.
the main problem is i cant access to google play store at all, when i press it, the apps will auto goes off before it load.
Uh oh you did the Online Upgrade thing? Is it from ICS 4.0.3 B972SP2 to B977SP2? I almost did that too, luckily I became suspicious and cancelled it. I read it somewhere there are few issues with it, not being able to boot into recovery, no more fast boot check box, data network not working etc. if I am not mistaken.
Have to read more on solving the problem... maybe some other forum like xda or androidforum has threads in them relating to the issue.
Google it... maybe you can find some solutions.This post has been edited by adfy: Apr 12 2012, 06:51 PM