Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

57 Pages « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei Honor/(Glory), Huawei Glory turns Honor (U8860)?

views

adfy
post Apr 12 2012, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

I downloaded it from the huawei international website. It is the same version that came with our phone in Malaysia. Here is the link : http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/d...loadID=NDM2NzQ= try a few times sometime it just went error maybe high load too many ppl accessing it.

Downgrading from ICS 4.0.3 prove to be simple if you have not used custom roms. Just place the UPDATE.APP file inside /mnt/sdcard/dload (create a folder named dload inside root directory of your sdcard) and then go to "System settings-->Storage-->Software Upgrade" and just follow through its instructions.

The same goes from GB 2.3.6 that you have replaced ICS 4.0.3 after doing the steps above. If you want to get to ICS4.0.3 back just go to the same "Settings-->Storage-->Software Upgrade" after you have transfered the ICS4.0.3 UPDATE.APP file into the same dload folder inside your sdcard. No custom recovery image needs to be loaded as these are stock roms directly provided by Huawei itself.
Dan Peng
post Apr 12 2012, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

I'm on MIUI. I want to downgrade to a rooted GB. How do i do so?

I dled the file from Huawei site, then went into recovery and click install zip from sdcard. But it says no file found. But the file was 230+ MB.

HELP!
Jhering
post Apr 12 2012, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(adfy @ Apr 12 2012, 11:45 AM)
I downloaded it from the huawei international website. It is the same version that came with our phone in Malaysia. Here is the link : http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/d...loadID=NDM2NzQ= try a few times sometime it just went error maybe high load too many ppl accessing it.

Downgrading from ICS 4.0.3 prove to be simple if you have not used custom roms. Just place the UPDATE.APP file inside /mnt/sdcard/dload (create a folder named dload inside root directory of your sdcard) and then go to "System settings-->Storage-->Software Upgrade" and just follow through its instructions.

The same goes from GB 2.3.6 that you have replaced ICS 4.0.3 after doing the steps above. If you want to get to ICS4.0.3 back just go to the same "Settings-->Storage-->Software Upgrade" after you have transfered the ICS4.0.3 UPDATE.APP file into the same dload folder inside your sdcard. No custom recovery image needs to be loaded as these are stock roms directly provided by Huawei itself.
If i downgrade my honor from ICS to GB, will my downloaded apps and display arrangement disappear or be deleted?
adfy
post Apr 12 2012, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(Dan Peng @ Apr 12 2012, 01:03 PM)
I'm on MIUI. I want to downgrade to a rooted GB. How do i do so?

I dled the file from Huawei site, then went into recovery and click install zip from sdcard. But it says no file found. But the file was 230+ MB.

HELP!
1. Unzip the file, it contain 'dload' folder which have UPDATE.APP file inside it.
2. Copy the whole dload folder into your root sdcard directory.
3. Go to your phone setting-->Storage and touch the "Software Upgrade" text.
4. Follow through the process. It will automatically start the downgrade process.
5. The file from Huawei site is Gingerbread 2.3.6 stock rom which until now I have not been able to do root and still searching for a way to do it. If I find any way to do it I will post an update here. So far only a few android device has been successfully rooted to my knowledge and research.

*Note : I have tried using SuperOneClick and Unlockroot but all failed. I read about a way to do it more technically like booting in a Ubuntu environment, upload Superuser to the system storage, etc. but I don't want to go deep into that.

Added on April 12, 2012, 3:16 pm
QUOTE(Jhering @ Apr 12 2012, 01:22 PM)
If i downgrade my honor from ICS to GB, will my downloaded apps and display arrangement disappear or be deleted?
Yep. Everything is gonna be like when you opened your phone for the first time.

This post has been edited by adfy: Apr 12 2012, 03:16 PM
rakyat
post Apr 12 2012, 03:34 PM

I got stars
1,349 posts

Hello new Honor user here (technically not yet as will receive the phone this evening)

Was surfing this tread to find out more what to do or dl for the phone and notice there is no 'sticky' on the 1st post. There is also no 'owner roll call'? Mayb TS can compile an owner listing and impt info on the 1st page?

Anyway this being my 1st Andriod phone (infact 1st phone is 7 yrs!!! Was gonna buy the S2 last yr but didn't make it) What should I do 1st? I read that for honor, we should reroot the rom to GB from ICS?
seichirosano
post Apr 12 2012, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

Guys, i have a problem on my Huawei Honor.
After i downloaded and installer the latest firmware came out on 12 march 2012 (around there) from the phone [online upgrade] > [Firmware upgrade].
it messed up my contacts even though it stated it wouldn't change the files on my phone.
the main problem is i cant access to google play store at all, when i press it, the apps will auto goes off before it load. icon_question.gif
adfy
post Apr 12 2012, 06:47 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(rakyat @ Apr 12 2012, 03:34 PM)
Hello new Honor user here (technically not yet as will receive the phone this evening)

Was surfing this tread to find out more what to do or dl for the phone and notice there is no 'sticky' on the 1st post. There is also no 'owner roll call'? Mayb TS can compile an owner listing and impt info on the 1st page?

Anyway this being my 1st Andriod phone (infact 1st phone is 7 yrs!!! Was gonna buy the S2 last yr but didn't make it) What should I do 1st? I read that for honor, we should reroot the rom to GB from ICS?
Congrats to you! rclxms.gif

It depends on what you want to do actually. However I found that for a smartphone there are a few tips I can share.

1. Get a data plan. I read somewhere smartphone without a data plan is kind of a waste.
2. Which do you prefer : Gingerbread 2.3.6 or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 4.0.3? Gingerbread 2.3.6 officially comes with the current Huawei Honor, but there is an official chinese/English version of ICS 4.0.3 which you can download and try by upgrading it.
3. Get Onavo Data Count app, its good enough for me to keep track of my data plan usage and do custom restriction on what app should access the data plan.
4. Root or not your phone, giving you freedom to remove unwanted default apps in Huawei Honor. (Not recommended if you are really a beginner. Better read a lot first on the adv and disadv of having one.)
5. Go to Play Store/Market and download the apps your heart out and get a lot of sleepless night trying them.
6. Sync your email, facebook, twitter, whatsapps, instagram etc etc so you can be connected all the times.

REMEMBER TO ONLY USE THE WIFI, GPS, DATA, BLUETOOTH when you need them. Turn them off when you don't. You can get the phone to be alive without recharging for days if you do.

Try to download apps from Play Store when you are on WIFI rather on data plan.

*None of the list are in sequential order. I just list them as I think of them.

Many other tips which I might not remember to think of. There are friends here who are willing to share... just keep watching the thread.

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

Added on April 12, 2012, 6:51 pm
QUOTE(seichirosano @ Apr 12 2012, 06:00 PM)
Guys, i have a problem on my Huawei Honor.
After i downloaded and installer the latest firmware came out on 12 march 2012 (around there) from the phone [online upgrade] > [Firmware upgrade].
it messed up my contacts even though it stated it wouldn't change the files on my phone.
the main problem is i cant access to google play store at all, when i press it, the apps will auto goes off before it load. icon_question.gif
Uh oh you did the Online Upgrade thing? Is it from ICS 4.0.3 B972SP2 to B977SP2? I almost did that too, luckily I became suspicious and cancelled it. I read it somewhere there are few issues with it, not being able to boot into recovery, no more fast boot check box, data network not working etc. if I am not mistaken.

Have to read more on solving the problem... maybe some other forum like xda or androidforum has threads in them relating to the issue.

Google it... maybe you can find some solutions.

This post has been edited by adfy: Apr 12 2012, 06:51 PM
seichirosano
post Apr 12 2012, 07:38 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(adfy @ Apr 12 2012, 06:47 PM)
Uh oh you did the Online Upgrade thing? Is it from ICS 4.0.3 B972SP2 to B977SP2? I almost did that too, luckily I became suspicious and cancelled it. I read it somewhere there are few issues with it, not being able to boot into recovery, no more fast boot check box, data network not working etc. if I am not mistaken.

Have to read more on solving the problem... maybe some other forum like xda or androidforum has threads in them relating to the issue.

Google it... maybe you can find some solutions.
i tried googling it and hardly anything came out regarding the play store apps.
as for the fast boot option, it is still there. ( i wonder why they put such an option there? fast boot is always better, no?) rclxub.gif

hopefully the bug im facing now is due to the new update and they will fix it asap..

not surethe new update got improve on anything tho.

This post has been edited by seichirosano: Apr 12 2012, 07:39 PM
jimmy G
post Apr 12 2012, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(seichirosano @ Apr 12 2012, 07:38 PM)
i tried googling it and hardly anything came out regarding the play store apps.
as for the fast boot option, it is still there. ( i wonder why they put such an option there? fast boot is always better, no?) rclxub.gif

hopefully the bug im facing now is due to the new update and they will fix it asap..

not surethe new update got improve on anything tho.
this case you have to revert back to gb or if you could find the firmware for 972 then revert back to that. Is your phone rooted? If yes try using clockworkmod to install this http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip from sd card.

The other time when i faced this problem switching back to gb didn't help kept saying i've entered the wrong password for gmail when i tried to add my account what i did was switch to MIUI ROM, problem solved.

This post has been edited by jimmy G: Apr 12 2012, 08:14 PM
jinglun
post Apr 12 2012, 09:08 PM

26 posts

I upgrade to ICS last time ..but few days ago i downgraded to 2.3.6 again ..cause the GOogle Play Store cant open after i did a firmware upgrade ...but after i downgrade i realize some apps like Power SAving , n my notification page got some problems ..izit is me when i download d 2.3.6 file got error ? its not exactly like wat shud be when i buy ...any ppl hav d correct link ? or got some ideas of this problem ?
deadravel
post Apr 12 2012, 11:50 PM

free RAM =wasted RAM
2,763 posts

wow man. thx alot
i cant find it anywhere in the huaweidevice website.zzz rclxub.gif
i will try this after it finish dl-ing.

Added on April 13, 2012, 12:14 am

hey man . i juz checked. this dl is the nt the original that come with the phone in malaysia eh.
this build is without the switch(wifi,data,gps,etc) on the notification/status bar when pull down.
erm. the original come with the switch on the status bar de if im not wrong. blink.gif

can u please check . thx alot

This post has been edited by deadravel: Apr 13 2012, 12:14 AM
hkboey
post Apr 13 2012, 12:22 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Ya, original GB ROM comes Gapps + notification quick bar, and default language is English. I also didnt check the build number then flash ICS already. Not sure which build number is the original ROM.

Those never flash and still using stock ROM can please check the build number?

By the way, if you want stable GB, I think the B876 from huawei china website is good and is rootable as well. By default it comes withtou Gapps but it can easily flash with CWM. The best part is after flashing the Calendar sync is still working properly! I remember there are some build version before this have problem with calendar sync.
adfy
post Apr 13 2012, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(deadravel @ Apr 12 2012, 11:50 PM)
wow man. thx alot
i cant find it anywhere in the huaweidevice website.zzz  rclxub.gif
i will try this after it finish dl-ing.

Added on April 13, 2012, 12:14 am

hey man . i juz checked. this dl is the nt the original that come with the phone in malaysia eh.
this build is without the switch(wifi,data,gps,etc) on the notification/status bar when pull down.
erm. the original come with the switch on the status bar de if im not wrong.  blink.gif

can u please check . thx alot
Sorry then, I didn't know as my phone already came with ICS when I got it. I assumed that Huawei did put the stock rom in their worldwide site. Guess I was wrong. sigh...

I guess unless someone has done a complete backup of their GB stock rom that comes with their phone and shared it there is no actual rom being put out for people to recover except going back to the service center and let the tech people reflash it. Or... we can try ask them to put it out into the site.
hkboey
post Apr 13 2012, 03:52 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

I have this camera issue where there is yellow tint can be seen quite obvious when photo taken indoor while the lighting is not very bright.

No one seems to bring this issue up. Anyone of you face this?
alyone
post Apr 13 2012, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

I gt a prob here. My honor is running ICS. I have installed temple run and it is quite smooth to play the game.
however, when i click the store in the game, i cant see what suppose to be there bt i can still click and buy the things..
Anyone face the same prob v me?? is the ICS prob or the game itself is faulty?

Added on April 13, 2012, 8:54 am
QUOTE(hkboey @ Apr 13 2012, 03:52 AM)
I have this camera issue where there is yellow tint can be seen quite obvious when photo taken indoor while the lighting is not very bright.

No one seems to bring this issue up. Anyone of you face this?
face this too..the face in the photo is yellow! have solution??
I dont know how to solve it and jz accept it.. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by alyone: Apr 13 2012, 08:54 AM
trew
post Apr 13 2012, 08:55 AM

27 posts

Google is selling Motorola to Huawei?

http://androidandme.com/2012/04/news/googl...-sell-to-huawei

Motowei? Huarola? smile.gif
Shawnzz
post Apr 13 2012, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,911 posts

QUOTE(jinglun @ Apr 12 2012, 09:08 PM)
I upgrade to  ICS last time ..but few days ago i downgraded to 2.3.6 again ..cause the GOogle Play Store cant open after i did a firmware upgrade ...but after i downgrade i realize some apps like Power SAving , n my notification page got some problems ..izit is me when i download d 2.3.6 file got error ? its not exactly like wat shud be when i buy ...any ppl hav d correct link ? or got some ideas of this problem ?
did u activate google apps? *147258369#

jinglun
post Apr 13 2012, 05:15 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Shawnzz @ Apr 13 2012, 03:04 PM)
did u activate google apps? *147258369#
Thx .! problem solved =)

Added on April 13, 2012, 5:17 pm[quote=alyone,Apr 13 2012, 08:52 AM]
I gt a prob here. My honor is running ICS. I have installed temple run and it is quite smooth to play the game.
however, when i click the store in the game, i cant see what suppose to be there bt i can still click and buy the things..
Anyone face the same prob v me?? is the ICS prob or the game itself is faulty?

yeap ...i face this oso ..my temple run din't work as wat shud it be ...but my fren who using s2 is performs perfectly d game

This post has been edited by jinglun: Apr 13 2012, 05:17 PM
ashburn98
post Apr 13 2012, 08:11 PM

Runaway train
1,570 posts

QUOTE(rakyat @ Apr 12 2012, 03:34 PM)

Honor will serve you well. It is a good purchase. There is enough battery juice in it to last you the whole day even if you are a heavy user. I recommend using it stock for a while so that you get a baseline to compare in the future. I am among the first users and still feels the stock to be very stable and bug free. We are all looking for the official ics, of course.

The first post is kinda lacking, yes. I do agree.

seichirosano
post Apr 13 2012, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(jimmy G @ Apr 12 2012, 08:10 PM)
this case you have to revert back to gb or if you could find the firmware for 972 then revert back to that. Is your phone rooted? If yes try using clockworkmod to install this http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip from sd card.

The other time when i faced this problem switching back to gb didn't help kept saying i've entered the wrong password for gmail when i tried to add my account what i did was switch to MIUI ROM, problem solved.
no, i havent root my phone. btw if i wait for the next firmware, will it fix this problem? rclxub.gif

57 Pages « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.95    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:55 PM