Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei Honor/(Glory), Huawei Glory turns Honor (U8860)?

views

hkboey
post Jan 19 2012, 10:51 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

A bit disappointed that the volume rocker doesn't wake up the device like x5. Any way we can enable this?

This post has been edited by hkboey: Jan 19 2012, 10:52 PM
hkboey
post Jan 20 2012, 05:08 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(Borsch Soup @ Jan 20 2012, 11:50 AM)
Hi, the ICS for U8860 already available at Huawei website anyone willing to try? But I don't quite understand the upgrade instructions.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCen...softid=NDExMjM=
the link is now broken, was that a demo version as well?
hkboey
post Jan 20 2012, 05:17 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(Borsch Soup @ Jan 20 2012, 05:12 PM)
The link still there, can download. Have you try? I think is official Huawei ICS. Not yet try cos I have U8800 only.
ya.. its working now. downloading. hopefully its not beta still. tested one of the beta ics from huawei earlier and it was lots of limitation. though the previous one no face unlock and this one has. will test later. smile.gif thanks
hkboey
post Jan 21 2012, 01:18 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(ashburn98 @ Jan 20 2012, 09:20 PM)
How do you find it so far? I just started downloading the installer.
Yesterday my connection got interupted, didnt finish the download. Hey.... Huawei just released a new update minutes ago!! Go download again! Hahaha
hkboey
post Jan 21 2012, 09:07 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(ashburn98 @ Jan 21 2012, 05:29 PM)
I can't get the one earlier to work.  It just restarts the phone.  I guess the newer one should be working one.
Im on ICS posting this now. This is still BETA release, almost same like the one I tested earlier. However, a few more features are now working though, namely face unlock, cloud+ service and so on. There is still no market n gapps. :-( tried installing apk manually but mostly does not work, which was already been warned by Huawei, due to the app developer havent got their apps update to be compatible with ICS yet.

It feels quite buttery smooth overall with the user interface, but as I type, the keyboard by huawei is really pain in the ass. The word prediction works like it only knows alien possible combination. Frustrate me quite a lot to type this long.

Due to short coming of third party apps, u only can do this much with ICS, no more, which could really be a deal breaker. Camera, on the other side, has improved a lot. The best of it is that u can now focus on any part of the photo, rather thsn only focusing at the center point only.

Anyhow, I will roll back to GB 2.3.6 until more apps are compatible with ICS. Its still a real good phone for this price. A highly recommended one smile.gif
hkboey
post Jan 24 2012, 05:56 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Im using the china version GB 2.3.6 now. It has more preinstalled apps and comes with Cloud+ service and it works! You have 16GB cloup space and can back up all your system data to it. Very nice feature indeed. However, the preinstalled keyboard that is found in our ROM, TouchPal, has been removed and being replaced by Huawei IME and Sogou Input, which both are more chinese input oriented, that Im not that fond of. I still prefer TouchPal.

This ROM also comes with huawei's own appstore, which is also available in ICS. The appstore and Cloud+ are actually meant for China Mainland user, that most of the apps are what I believe is famous in China, and that also explains why Cloud+ only comes preinstalled with China version ROM.

Other than that, it also comes with a ebook reader, namely Palmebook and a CHN-ENG-CHN dictionary, called Powerword. The dictionary is actually quite good though. The rest of the more famous pre-installed apps are mobile QQ, Sina News, Weibo, UC Browser, Baidu, Tudou and so on.

Added on January 24, 2012, 6:14 pmFor all those apps that comes with ROM, however, all Gapps have been removed, even the Android Market is not pre installed.

This post has been edited by hkboey: Jan 24 2012, 06:14 PM
hkboey
post Jan 28 2012, 04:31 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(Shawnzz @ Jan 28 2012, 03:14 PM)
hey guys, should i get the huawei honor? my budget is 1k, this seems to be the better phone than the rest. Hmmm?
This is sure the best phone that fits in your budget.

Added on January 28, 2012, 4:33 pmHi guys, I've lost my network quick access bar located at the notification area after rolling back from ICS to GB. Anyone knows how do I get back the bar? I do not want to use widget.

This post has been edited by hkboey: Jan 28 2012, 04:33 PM
hkboey
post Jan 28 2012, 08:19 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Jan 28 2012, 06:32 PM)
Is that the full ICS or the demo/trail version one?
It was the official beta released by huawei. Most of the features are working fine but without Gapps.
hkboey
post Feb 9 2012, 11:31 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Im using without screen protector all the while. I think its oke. I don't like too sensitive. Last time used a Nokia C6-01. Way way too sensitive!! Not even touch the screen already register my touch. Damn annoying. Of course I would say that is very fail for Nokia.
hkboey
post Feb 19 2012, 04:40 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

I've just updated to lated ICS B972SP02 provided by Huawei. But after installing gApps, those gApps icons wont appear. After that I rolled back to ICS B969SP05 and install gApps again, and YES... those icons all appear!
hkboey
post Mar 7 2012, 06:56 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

the SD card dont have to be empty. The system will look for "dload" folder and update using the files in the "dload" folder.

System will not erase any file in the SD card, so no worry. And it will also ignore files in any other folder.
hkboey
post Mar 10 2012, 06:52 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

wah.. so pink... I downloaded but havent install... kekeke... now I will put off that idea.
hkboey
post Mar 11 2012, 05:07 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Yesterday Huawei release another new ICS HUAWEI_U8860_Android 4.0_ICSV100R001C00B977 and stated there not support GMS.

Anyone downloaded and tried???

Added on March 11, 2012, 5:38 pmMIUI is going to release an official MIUI ICS rom around the end of the month... looking forward to try MIUI smile.gif)

This post has been edited by hkboey: Mar 11 2012, 05:38 PM
hkboey
post Mar 24 2012, 01:58 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(vinderr @ Mar 24 2012, 12:33 AM)
So i got a notification on my Honor ICS that said there was a new firmware update that'ts available. Anyone else got the same one? I think it's an OTA update. Anyone actually installed the update? any problems, no GMS etc? thanks.
If you are using B972, then you will get the OTA update notification. Thats the update to B977, which is no GMS if install the ROM fresh. Since yours is updating from existing GMS enabled firmware. There is a chance to retain GMS. In my case, I have rooted my B972, but then when I try to update OTA, it fails.
hkboey
post Mar 24 2012, 07:09 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Yuhoo!! MIUI have finally released a ROM based on B977 for our beloved Honor yesterday. Have been playing around with the new ROM for the whole day.

Despite based on B977, it comes preinstalled with Gapps as shown in the screenshot above. And the ROM is rootable with just one click using the App called Permission Manager that comes preinstalled as well.

Impressive is the only word I can describe for the ROM for now.
hkboey
post Mar 24 2012, 09:42 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(trew @ Mar 24 2012, 07:31 PM)
This MIUI rom can be installed without rooting our device?
Basically yes. But you need to install ClockworkMod.
hkboey
post Mar 25 2012, 04:54 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Not neccessary. CWM is just an system utility. If the ROM isn't prerooted, you normally will use CWM to flash Superuser in order to root ur device. So you can have CWM installed, and without root access at the same time.
hkboey
post Mar 26 2012, 01:16 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Although its not stated at Corning website, but it certainly has the quality. The unit I bought didn't come with screen protector as the early batch didn't come together with SP. So far using it for more than 2months without screen protector and without any casing. No scratch so far.
hkboey
post Mar 28 2012, 07:11 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(dreamwar @ Mar 28 2012, 04:59 PM)
how to root the original stock rom of huawei honor ? any guide ?tq =)
What version of stock ROM are you using??

QUOTE(Dan Peng @ Mar 28 2012, 06:25 PM)
What's this MIUI actually? Is it a custom ROM or it just tweaks the stock android. How come it's not consider rooting? Then there will still be warranty if i use this MIUI?

Nobody has answered my question.  mad.gif
Why lah want to get angry just because your question is not answered?? Be patience and cool la bro.
Can you read chinese? If yes you can visit www.miui.com to learn more about their ROM. China's own XIAOMI is using MIUI as their stock ROM though.

About the warranty issue, I dont think I cant give you an answer. Different Customer Service will say different thing about rooting. So its all depends on the person you talk to when you send your warranty. By the way, I would say Huawei phones is very good to play with if you like flashing ROM. Its one of the easiest Android for flashing. You can flash all you want, if you face any issue, I can try to help but I dont hold any responsibility if your phone is bricked. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
hkboey
post Mar 29 2012, 01:04 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(jimmy G @ Mar 29 2012, 09:47 AM)
my problem: I am unable to add my primary gmail account to my phone, error msg is as following "user name and password error" but its fine when i tried logging in with my desktop. I tried using another email no problem i am to login.
How it starts:
Initially i was using ICS with the firmware before B977, i was able to sync my email but after upgrading my firmware (B977) gapps disappears, so decided to downgrade to GB using superuser etc. This is where the problem begins i am now unable to add my primary email account using my phone.
Anyone has any idea how to solve this?
thx

p/s i am in a hurry so what i wrote might be a little messy.
So you are using GB B876 now? If yes, then try to google for "gapps-gb-full-20110815-signed.zip" and flash it using CWM. Reboot for another time after flashing. Hope it helps.

QUOTE(Dan Peng @ Mar 29 2012, 10:57 AM)
Can anybody answer me? Now my phone is stuck in dont know what state. Without market or anythin. Cant do anything much. T_T
Hehe... what state are you stuck ar? Now you are using MIUI or still stuck at flashing MIUI rom?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0347sec    0.79    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:48 PM