Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Water pump

views

winlose2582
post Sep 23 2012, 11:01 PM

On my way
516 posts

QUOTE(bat11 @ Sep 23 2012, 06:00 PM)
Hi, may I know how to test for piping leakage after install the water pump?
QUOTE(chole17 @ Sep 23 2012, 06:56 PM)
From my experience,if you are planning to install autopump,you just need to make sure your pump is not running when you have close all the pipe that using water from tank after installation.if the pump still running,then there is a leakage.. =)
Yes. the plumber will fix the water pump and leave it for few days to test the leakage.
If the water pump is switch on during no usage of water means got pipe leak.
Furthermore, they will run the water pump with one water tap on and check whether the pressure will cause the leak or not.
The different between pump and without pump is big.... the worry is the old pipe can't stand for the pressure....

Added on September 23, 2012, 11:07 pm
QUOTE(bgunn @ Sep 23 2012, 05:26 PM)
Hi guys,

Need opinion for this water pump brand call "Tsunami"

Price quoted RM 750 for 0.5 hp with 2years warranty.

Please give some comment as planning to get one for my new house.

Thanks

Added on September 23, 2012, 5:29 pmHi guys,

Need opinion for this water pump brand call "Tsunami"

Price quoted RM 750 for 0.5 hp with 2years warranty.

Please give some comment as planning to get one for my new house.

Thanks
Most of my contractors recommend Grundfos... thumbup.gif
There are alot of water pump in the market. Although grundfos is expensive compare to others, but this is the problem less compare to others.
Can u imaging the hassle you need to go through when u having the water pump problem?
So, pay slightly more for the reliable product....

This post has been edited by winlose2582: Sep 23 2012, 11:07 PM
bgunn
post Sep 24 2012, 01:35 PM

45 posts

Anyone here using Tsunami? Pls comment.... cry.gif
bat11
post Sep 24 2012, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(chole17 @ Sep 23 2012, 06:56 PM)
From my experience,if you are planning to install autopump,you just need to make sure your pump is not running when you have close all the pipe that using water from tank after installation.if the pump still running,then there is a leakage.. =)
Thanks for the tips. I neec to check the pump that I installed is Auto pump or not. I think should be la. How to check wether my pump running or not? Need to climb to the water tank to check it out?
JinXXX
post Sep 25 2012, 07:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(bat11 @ Sep 24 2012, 10:36 PM)
Thanks for the tips. I neec to check the pump that I installed is Auto pump or not. I think should be la. How to check wether my pump running or not? Need to climb to the water tank to check it out?
off power to pump.. see the flow/pressure

on back power to pump.. see the flow/pressure
jackdon
post Sep 27 2012, 05:39 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

Hi,

I just install a Grundfos CM3-5PC and the water pressure is very strong, I have 4 bathroom. My wife is complaining that the pressure is too strong.

Now I may have a problem as I have Water Heater tank installed for every bathroom, the Groundfos is install to supply pressure to all including all the water heater tank. So now even the hot water comes shooting out. Just imagine if I turn the Shower Mixer lever all the way to the left only hot water comes shooting out. I could be cook rclxub.gif now I am looking for Shower mixer that can limit the flow of hot water like limiting the lever from turning all the way to the left. Any suggestion ?

jackdon
*CG*
post Sep 27 2012, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Pressure reducing valve might be a solution.
weikee
post Sep 27 2012, 07:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(jackdon @ Sep 27 2012, 05:39 PM)
Hi,

I just install a Grundfos CM3-5PC and the water pressure is very strong, I have 4 bathroom. My wife is complaining that the pressure is too strong.

Now I may have a problem as I have Water Heater tank installed for every bathroom, the Groundfos is install to supply pressure to all including all the water heater tank. So now even the hot water comes shooting out. Just imagine if I turn the Shower Mixer lever all the way to the left only hot water comes shooting out. I could be cook  rclxub.gif now I am looking for Shower mixer that can limit the flow of hot water like limiting the lever from turning all the way to the left. Any suggestion ?

jackdon
The mixer can adjust the water pressure la.
jackdon
post Sep 28 2012, 11:29 AM

Enthusiast
716 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 27 2012, 07:31 PM)
The mixer can adjust the water pressure la.
Hai WeiKee,

I have a single lever shower mixer wall mounted type. Pulling the level up will turn on the water flow. Middle position I believe will be 50% hot 50% cold but if I mistakenly turn all the way to the left 100% hot water will come out. I want a mixer that can limit the max amount of hot water to comes out because right now both the hot and cold water have the same pressure.

Any model that can regulate or limit the amount of hot water out.

jackdon.

weikee
post Sep 28 2012, 12:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(jackdon @ Sep 28 2012, 11:29 AM)
Hai WeiKee,

I have a single lever shower mixer wall mounted type. Pulling the level up will turn on the water flow. Middle position I believe will be 50% hot 50% cold but if I mistakenly turn all the way to the left 100% hot water will come out. I want a mixer that can limit the max amount of hot water to comes out because right now both the hot and cold water have the same pressure.

Any model that can regulate or limit the amount of hot water out.

jackdon.
Got model and picture? I use so many shower mixer in many hotel, cheap, average, and expensive all can adjust. You can try pull the level to 50% up
skng03
post Sep 28 2012, 02:59 PM

Regular
1,450 posts

QUOTE(jackdon @ Sep 27 2012, 05:39 PM)
Hi,

Now I may have a problem as I have Water Heater tank installed for every bathroom, the Groundfos is install to supply pressure to all including all the water heater tank. So now even the hot water comes shooting out. Just imagine if I turn the Shower Mixer lever all the way to the left only hot water comes shooting out. I could be cook  rclxub.gif now I am looking for Shower mixer that can limit the flow of hot water like limiting the lever from turning all the way to the left. Any suggestion ?

jackdon
adjust the pressure switch, set it to lower cut oof presure @ 30psi

QUOTE(*CG* @ Sep 27 2012, 07:11 PM)
Pressure reducing valve might be a solution.
install a pump to increasre pressure then install a PRV to reduce pressure doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doesn't sound logic lar...

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 28 2012, 12:07 PM)
Got model and picture? I use so many shower mixer in many hotel, cheap, average, and expensive all can adjust. You can try pull the level to 50% up
good mixer yes, can lift the level 50% to limit flow. but for those chap ayam, lift 50% / 70 % /100% no different one tongue.gif
weikee
post Sep 28 2012, 05:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(skng03 @ Sep 28 2012, 02:59 PM)
install a pump to increasre pressure then install a PRV to reduce pressure  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  doesn't sound logic lar...
good mixer yes, can lift the level 50% to limit flow. but for those chap ayam, lift 50% / 70 % /100% no different one tongue.gif
Sound like buying a fast car and put a speed controller because throttle cannot be control.
JinXXX
post Sep 28 2012, 10:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(skng03 @ Sep 28 2012, 02:59 PM)
hahaha.. lucky i didnt get grundfos.. like i mentioned in some of posts in waterpump/grundfos thread...

its OVERKILLLLLLLL smile.gif

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 28 2012, 05:50 PM)
Sound like buying a fast car and put a speed controller because throttle cannot be control.
suddenly regret getting such a powerful pump

jackdon
post Sep 28 2012, 10:23 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 28 2012, 12:07 PM)
Hi Weikee,

Yes I know we can regulate how hot and cold we want by just adjusting the lever up and down left and right. But what I want to to LIMIT in case of we sometime forget or the wife or friend or kids turn the lever all the way to the left and 100% hot water shoots out.

The model I install now is Rubine RT-SP022CR Bath Shower Mixer and I actually wrote to rubine.com.my customer services. And their reply is that they do not bring in model that can regulate limit the amount of hot water. There are model that are thermostatic and would works if both side has the same pressure and would be able to regulate the amount of hot water mix. And I also google and found that there are Mixer that can adjust the max angle the level can turn to the left to prevent 100% hot water.

jackdon

Added on September 28, 2012, 10:30 pm
QUOTE(JinXXX @ Sep 28 2012, 10:12 PM)
hahaha.. lucky i didnt get grundfos.. like i mentioned in some of posts in waterpump/grundfos thread...

its OVERKILLLLLLLL smile.gif
suddenly regret getting such a powerful pump
FYI it is not an overkill on the cold water side, we need that kind of pressure for the volume of water to a big RAIN SHOWER... and I can tell you suddenly my shower can be really refreshing smile.gif. My problem is that the hot water also same pressure and volume sweat.gif and accident is just a turn of the level to the left. A pressure reducing valve on the hot water side would be my last solution.

jackdon

This post has been edited by jackdon: Sep 28 2012, 10:30 PM
zheilwane
post Sep 28 2012, 11:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

Erm, usually people will just lift the lever up 50% then adjust the preferred temperature, rarely will turn full to hot den lift up the lever. Kids nowadays are very smart, can play Ipad smile.gif i guess if u teach them once, they will rmb. If you are using a storage tank, i guess there is a button to reduce the max temperature.

Grundfos pump is powerful, if you are those who wants to get rain shower and have strong water pressure like hotels then GRUNDFOS is the choice. There are some customers who told me, just shower 5 min only, no need so good one, then get an instant heater with built in pump.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Sep 28 2012, 11:25 PM
weikee
post Sep 28 2012, 11:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

You need to have same pressure if not you have problem adjusting the mixing. What happen if in a cold day, your mixing maybe is 6:4, and you limit the water pressure to only 5, you will only get 5:5 and maybe is not hot enough? I know we seldom use until 50% mixing of hot water in our weather, but is just a scenario. Assume if really cold morning after a long rain (day and night).

Just need to change the habit. Is not easy to find that type of mixer, I know what you referring, this type of mixer have a fail safe switch to prevent you to turn max to hot water. You need to press the small button to move max. But I find it useless. My 4 years old daughter already know how to adjust the water temperature she need. I think we adult can do better.

This post has been edited by weikee: Sep 28 2012, 11:24 PM
petlu28
post May 26 2013, 08:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,935 posts

Do you know which Grunfos pump suitable for landed house? My house have 3 toilet.

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 28 2012, 11:23 PM)
You need to have same pressure if not you have problem adjusting the mixing. What happen if in a cold day, your mixing maybe is 6:4, and you limit the water pressure to only 5, you will only get 5:5 and maybe is not hot enough? I know we seldom use until 50% mixing of hot water in our weather, but is just a scenario. Assume if really cold morning after a long rain (day and night).

Just need to change the habit. Is not easy to find that type of mixer, I know what you referring, this type of mixer have a fail safe switch to prevent you to turn max to hot water. You need to press the small button to move max. But I find it useless. My 4 years old daughter already know how to adjust the water temperature she need. I think we adult can do better.
weikee
post May 26 2013, 10:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(petlu28 @ May 26 2013, 08:50 PM)
Do you know which Grunfos pump suitable for landed house? My house have 3 toilet.
You can check with the seller few standard type good for terrace house. And some come with pressured air reservoir and need recharged.
N73
post May 27 2013, 01:20 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(petlu28 @ May 26 2013, 08:50 PM)
you may go for Grundfos CM34PC. The pump seller proposed this model to me as well.
petlu28
post May 27 2013, 09:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,935 posts

May i know how much you brought?

QUOTE(N73 @ May 27 2013, 01:20 AM)
you may go for Grundfos CM34PC. The pump seller proposed this model to me as well.
weikee
post May 27 2013, 10:06 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(petlu28 @ May 27 2013, 09:03 AM)
May i know how much you brought?
Go Hardware Builder or JF Home to check the price. If you stay near PJ, Subang or Kelana JF-Home is easier and open on Sunday. Kepong area H/W Builder will be your best location.

Sometime CT-Hardware also have good promotion price for Grundfos, check it out.

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0258sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:37 PM