Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bandmates And Band Seekers, Searching for new band members

Ramin
post Jun 2 2017, 05:46 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

1. instrument(s) I play: guitars, bass, vocals

2. influences/musical preferences:
90s Rock i.e. Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Tool etc.

3. looking for:
• Bassist/Guitarist (versatile)
• Drummer (competent w/ odd time signatures, polyrhythms etc.)
• Vocalist

4. location: Petaling Jaya / Kuala Lumpur

5. requirements:
• prefer bandmates (>28 y/o & above) with similar musical preference
• staying around Klang Valley (Petaling Jaya, Kuala Lumpur)
• prefer collaborating with musicians with own gear (instruments/amps/effects/mic etc.)

6. additional info: If interested, please PM me.

This post has been edited by Ramin: Jun 7 2017, 08:45 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
joshstmichael
post Jun 4 2017, 12:37 PM

From penang island.Listen to sound garden,nirvana,deep purple, led zeppelin.audioslave,foo fighters,acdc, and more..as you can see i listen to rock a lot..
Finding for others that play similar stuff..want to preform and also write own material.Do let me know what interments you play.Pm me and we can talk more about this.
Cheers ...

This post has been edited by joshstmichael: Jun 4 2017, 12:37 PM
+Quote Post
whatsupbro
post Jun 6 2017, 03:34 AM
~Musician wannabe~
Group: Senior Member

Hey.. Im Shidi..

We kinda have a band, but not that serious. Hence, this posting..

Instrument I played: Guitar, Bass, Drum
Level: Guitar would be highest and Drum the lowest, well u get the idea
Music Influence: Anything goes as long as it clicks with my emotions.. But love: Coldplay, Keane, Muse, Radiohead and many others..

Most important is that we serve the music, not our selves.. no point of soloing thru the whole song when its not meant to be right? Ahaha ok subjective..

Well.. not sure if Im looking to form a band or join a band.. I would love to play music with passionate musician and if we click.. maybe.. something can grow from there..

Based in: KL/Ampang

Buzz me at: 019 - 3010102

This post has been edited by whatsupbro: Jun 6 2017, 03:36 AM
+Quote Post
joyah1991
post Jun 6 2017, 11:37 AM
Group: New Member

Hi everyone, looking for a band who needs a female singer.

1. Instrument that I play : Vocalist, very basic guitar

2. Influences/musical preferences : twenty one pilots, panic at the disco, incubus, years and years, sam smith, paramore, yuna, the weeknd, jhene aiko etc. These are just some of the artists I enjoy, but I do enjoy a vast genre of music, maybe except country and heavy metal.

3. Musicians that I am looking for : Any band who needs a vocalist.

4. Your influences/musical preferences : indie pop, punk rock, soul, jazz, r&b, alternative rock, etc.

5. Your requirements : I am pretty flexible with anything and would just like to hang out with like minded people and most importantly have fun.

6. Location : Petaling jaya area, subang, damansara.

Feel free to PM me smile.gif

This post has been edited by joyah1991: Jun 7 2017, 12:45 AM
+Quote Post
NeverRaven
post Jun 7 2017, 08:28 PM

Tool and A Perfect Circle influenced vocalist seeking band for jam and possible gigs in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AmW6ScnKdw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoD4w9uiGo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Q3drUgAZY

Expat (from Philippines) living in Bangsar South. Would love to meet a band or other musicians with same influence.
+60 11 2184 6100

Cheers!
Dencii

+Quote Post
Imran236
post Jun 15 2017, 04:21 AM

Metal vocalist seeking bandmates to form a Thrash/Groove/Metalcore/Melodic Death Metal band.

1. instrument I play: Vocals 

2. influences/musical preferences:
Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, Anthrax, Lamb of God, Pantera, Killswitch Engage, Municipal Waste, Warbringer, Sepultura, Testament etc etc

3. looking for:
• Guitarists (2 positions) (Able to create riffs, comfortable with modes and scales, can solo/shred, assist in writing songs)
• Drummer (competent w/ odd time signatures, polyrhythms/ double bass/ occasional blast beats, assist in writing songs)
• Bassist (Able to create catchy bass lines, comfortable in playing fast tempos, assist in writing songs)

4. location: Petaling Jaya / Kuala Lumpur /Klang Valley/ Damansara (Basically good to jam anywhere in Selangor/Kuala Lumpur)

5. requirements:
• Commited musicians who are serious in getting signed/make a record are preferred
• Performing experience not necessary as long as you play with passion, determination, and style.
• Do send in your videos to imranbiskut@gmail.com

Im determine to form a band with talented metal musicians to learn, grow, and improve as a frontman as well as making it big in the local Metal scene. Lets do this guys \m/

6. Any further enquiry, feel free to PM me

Thank you !

This post has been edited by Imran236: Jun 15 2017, 11:09 AM
+Quote Post
sony_tact
post Jun 15 2017, 04:16 PM

Open Audition For Bassist and Keyboardist

Are you experienced?

Speakzodiac are looking for an experienced and committed Bass player and Keyboardist. 

The band are based in Subang Jaya, playing gigs regularly around Malaysia and now focusing to play abroad. 

A 4 piece rock band where all instruments play an integral part to the band's sound. We make and play our own music. 

Musical diversity is key as displayed in our recent album 'Northern Drug'.

Open to either male or female musicians. 

We practice regularly and prefer hassle-free individuals. 

Any serious and interested takers can contact us:

speakzodiac@gmail.com

Mok
+Quote Post
MWAventadorSV
post Jun 16 2017, 06:00 PM

1. state the instrument(s) you play; Drums

2. your influences/musical preferences; Jazz Fusion,Funk Fusion,Latin Jazz,Latin Fusion..in another word Fusion music (Akira Jimbo, Casiopea, T-SQUARE,Chick Corea Elektrik Band,Fourplay)

3. looking for who; guitarist,keyboardist,pianist,bassist,violinist,saxophonist, etc ( purpose here is to bring out the full potential of each music instruments and each musicians creativity...ethnic instruments are also most welcomed..casual fusion super band.(2 of the same instruments are also most welcomed ie. 2 guitarist,keyboardist,drummer...basically trade solo)

4. his/her influences/musical preferences; at best same as no.2 in terms of music genre

5. your requirements (e.g. must be able to play drums with double/twin pedal, etc.); and/or : at best if you have your own instruments..if not you are still welcomed to join

6. any other related requirements : at least should be able to improvise...beginner highly are welcomed too if you're willing to improve as we go. pros are also welcomed to have a casual jam.

7 ETC : i just want to create a casual band that helps to bring up the fusion music scene in malaysia. best jam time at night due to me being a student

video of my drum cover (best with good quality headphones)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEglw1EPn9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCrw8QbJPwA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02njGjXZvpw

+Quote Post
tabok
post Jun 20 2017, 11:19 AM

1. state the instrument(s) you play; Guitar

2. your influences/musical preferences; Rock

3. looking for who; Keyboardist

4. his/her influences/musical preferences; at best same as no.2 in terms of music genre

5. your requirements (e.g. must be able to play drums with double/twin pedal, etc.); and/or : Own an instrument and in JB

6. any other related requirements : Jam once every 2 weeks (friday night)
+Quote Post
moozyx
post Jun 20 2017, 03:29 PM

1. Instrument(s) I play: Vocals, synths + sequencers. Am basically a producer who also sings.

2. Influences/musical preferences: Rock, Industrial Rock, Harder styles of electronic music e.g. Drum n Bass, Electro.

3. Looking for: Pretty flexible as the band is driven by electronics - Bass guitar / Electric guitar, e-drummer.

4. Influences/musical preferences: Ministry, Aphex Twin, Clarke, LFO, Soundgarden, Justice, NIN, Neosignal, Parliament / Funkadelic and the list goes on...

5. Requirements: Own your own equipment, ideally from Klang Valley, Ability to do vocals and handle synths / samplers a major plus.

6. Any other related requirements: To play live for an EP I've just completed plus write and perform new material if the chemistry is right. Serious musicians preferred. Ability to do short tours would be great.

+Quote Post
Slowest Ant
post Jun 23 2017, 12:07 AM

QUOTE(joyah1991 @ Jun 6 2017, 11:37 AM)
Hi everyone, looking for a band who needs a female singer.

1. Instrument that I play : Vocalist, very basic guitar

2. Influences/musical preferences : twenty one pilots, panic at the disco, incubus, years and years, sam smith, paramore, yuna, the weeknd, jhene aiko etc. These are just some of the artists I enjoy, but I do enjoy a vast genre of music, maybe except country and heavy metal.

3. Musicians that I am looking for : Any band who needs a vocalist.

4. Your influences/musical preferences : indie pop, punk rock, soul, jazz, r&b, alternative rock, etc.

5. Your requirements : I am pretty flexible with anything and would just like to hang out with like minded people and most importantly have fun.

6. Location : Petaling jaya area, subang, damansara.
Feel free to PM me smile.gif
It'll be cool if you can play the bass and sing icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Slowest Ant
post Jun 23 2017, 11:53 AM

Musician Hunter{Repost!}

I am forming a 3-piece punk/grunge/pop/garage band to fill in the following position:

1)A drummer or A Bassist+Vocalist(The Front person):

2) General Requirements:

-Your influences should have anything to do radio friendly song stuffs, Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41, Offspring, Radiohead, The Cure, Placebo, Oasis and stuffs

-Location Ampang/Cheras/Petaling Jaya or at least any parts of Klang Valley area

-Try to at least posses your own transportation, Instrument(for bass) & Try to have a decent attitude!!

Any inquiries please do not hesitate to PM or whatssap me at 017-2732287. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank You.
+Quote Post
tatenda wendy
post Jun 23 2017, 07:28 PM

hie am a vocalist looking for bandmates .If you play acoustic hit me up we start an open mic set first till we get enough band mates

2. influences ,any thing in English except Rock
3. looking for guitarists,pianist,bassist,drummer
4. his/her influences, anything in English
5. Must be staying in kl

lets start something magical huh☺️
Hit me up on 01116747834
+Quote Post
ikantuna
post Jun 26 2017, 08:24 PM

hi.. we're currently looking for as follows:

1. looking for a drummer and/or vocalist
2. who can rock from taylor swift to trivium
3. location: klang valley (eg. KL, PJ, Cyberjaya, Cheras.. name it)
4. jamming frequency once every two weeks
6) as a hobby.. and if the chemistry is good, we can plan for some performance/gig/botb. you name it!

kindly PM if interested!

thanks!!
+Quote Post

83 Pages « < 81 82 83Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0682sec    4.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 11:59 PM