Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bandmates And Band Seekers, Searching for new band members

trifty
post Mar 24 2017, 10:43 AM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hey guys so we're still looking for a vocalist and a keybordist! We're a band of music students consisting of a drummer/bassist and guitarist. We have one or two gigs lined up for us for us so we're looking for members who has utmost dedication for the band smile.gif We dont need you to be the best musician in the world but just commited to practices and goals of the band smile.gif

Our aim is to get weekly gigs in bars/pubs and also participate in any events (and also plans to travel to sabah/sarawak for gigs)! We're fun as hell but we're serious about our music at the same time and we're always open to learning from each other smile.gif

We're now looking for musicians preferably in the 20s (19 also can la) due to musical era:

1)Vocalist (dont have to be the best vocal range but confident enough to be a frontman)
2)Keyboardist (who has good ears, knows their way around patches, and not just bang😬)

Influences are:
1)early 2000s bands (3 doors down, audio slave, alt rock bands)

2)Grunge (Think STP, Alice in chains, Pearl Jam, not too much of the heavy stuff)

3)70/80s rock and pop (think Hendrix to Tears for fears)

So not heavy metal and stuff. Vocalist doesnt need to be a screamer smile.gif We plan to play whatever the members find suitable and find new sounds, and definitely doing orginals later on. Any more info you guys can get straight to me on whatsapp at 0175871811.

PS: we dont need you to sight read scores! Just have good ears, dedication and persistence in practice and commitment smile.gif Think long term smile.gif Practices and future gigs will be based around Hartamas area and PJ.

This post has been edited by trifty: Mar 24 2017, 10:46 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pleasuresaurus
post Mar 26 2017, 08:00 PM
spin spin sugar
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(con_ritmo @ Mar 20 2017, 07:11 PM)
Hello everyone!
I'm a 33 years old drummer from Russia currently travelling around Asia. I'm plannig to stay in Malaysia until April 17th and I'm eager to involve to some musical movement. It could be some spontaneous jams or recording or gigs or rehearsals. Since my visa expires in the middle of April I can propose only not long term relationship (but full power and maximum creativity). I have an portable electronic kit with me (Roland SPD-SX with kick pad). Currently I'm living near Pudu Sentral.

1. state the instrument(s) you play;
Drums
2. your influences/musical preferences;
Electronic, Drum'n'bass, Dubstep, Trap, Hip-hop, Post-Rock, Indie, Funk,Jazz, Afrobeat and everything in between (as a reference I could mention Weather Report, Tortoise, Hiatus Kaiyote, Burial, Antibalas, The Roots)
3. looking for who;
Musicians wide opened to different experiments within different styles from jazz to noise)))
4. his/her influences/musical preferences;
All I've mentioned above. Especially electronic music - techno, trip-hop, jungle etc. But actually it doesn't matter if we are at the same flow).

Here are some videos
https://youtu.be/aB0USWRPfBg
https://youtu.be/0NPOiz42Iqw
https://youtu.be/VEtgDRO7T2Y
https://youtu.be/HRJLHSx90og
https://youtu.be/zjf1TGpHXsA
Interesting stuff man, all the best for your music project. Holler if u happen to be heading to Penang.
+Quote Post
jonFreeze
post Mar 27 2017, 02:20 PM
Group: New Member

1. Instrument(s) I play - guitar, backing vocals (already have lead vocal and bassist)

2. your influences/musical preferences - bands from 60s-90s ; The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors, Sade, Chic, The Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, King Crimson, George Benson, Joe Pass, Pink Floyd etc

3. Looking for - Drummer and Keyboardist

4. Location - Klang Valley, Subang Jaya, Petaling Jaya

[B]5. Requirements
i : willing to commit as we aim to play in pubs and eventually recording our own stuffs
ii : prefer to have same musical preferences as stated above
iii: Can improvise
iv: Staying around Klang Valley, Subang Jaya, PJ
v: Have your own equipments
vi: Own transportation

PM me if this interest you!

This post has been edited by jonFreeze: Mar 27 2017, 02:37 PM
+Quote Post
wongbahadur
post Mar 28 2017, 03:35 PM
Group: New Member

Hello people

Looking for someone who can play with us for gigs in April/May.

1) looking for: Bassist

2) instrument: Bass

3) influences/preferences: Love something loud, aggressive and noisy ranging from post rock, drones, noise rock, alternative (Velvet Underground, Mogwai, Sonic Youth, Birthday Party, Jesus Lizard, Shellac, Sunn O)), Boris, Ciplak come to mind)

4) location: Anywhere is fine as long as able to come and jamm at PJ (usually Sunway/Kelana Jaya/Damansara area), usually at night

5) my requirements: Any gender and any age is cool and any skill or experience level, we ourselves are quite new and inexperience. Willing to play at small gigs

6) Add info: Able to commit to jamm and play in April (mostly weekends as we have day job too), we have few gigs lining up and possibly one or two in May

If you share the same influence and want to give a try, contact me for more details and I’ll send some demo/ep links.

+Quote Post
nasscmw
post Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

1. state the instrument(s) already filled; guitar, singing, bass

2. your influences/musical preferences; GNR, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Ratt, Aerosmith

3. looking for who; Drummer and maybe another singer

4. his/her influences/musical preferences; at best same as no.2 in terms of music genre

5. your requirements (e.g. must be able to play drums with double/twin pedal, etc.); and/or : Have your own transport, be able to jam on week days. Experienced and practice at home.

6. any other related requirements : Play as good as the recordings and better.

7. Location: PJ/KL

[/quote]

+Quote Post

81 Pages « < 79 80 81Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0584sec    2.86    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 31st March 2017 - 08:32 AM