views

smwah
post Oct 11 2011, 09:30 AM

Glad to be Here
Group Icon
Elite
1,701 posts

Thanks.
But now I also might consider the nescafe dolce gusto. The price looks good. Only thing capsule is usable for their own brand product.
Economics Crisis
post Oct 12 2011, 06:38 PM

On my way
587 posts

Ice Blended Mocha one of my favorite drink biggrin.gif

patrickfam
post Nov 2 2011, 09:36 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(smwah @ Oct 11 2011, 09:30 AM)
Thanks.
But now I also might consider the nescafe dolce gusto. The price looks good. Only thing capsule is usable for their own brand product.
Have you decided on which or gotten your coffee maker? I am also considering one but then i tried the Dolce-Gusto espresso once from their demo and felt that it taste like Nescafe gold. Somehow aroma just not really there and taste is not creamy at all.

I'm leaning towards CBTL machine but my first choice was a Nespresso machine. Couldn't seems to find it in KL so most probably will settle with CBTL.
TSabubin
post Nov 2 2011, 03:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

if only they have a machine for making ice blended mocha...that is plus ingredient and all to make authentic tasting CBTL ice blended mocha.

This post has been edited by abubin: Nov 2 2011, 03:03 PM
SpyMalaysia
post Nov 2 2011, 09:14 PM

6 posts

I've never really been a great coffee drinker myself so whenever I visit I always take the Green tea.

Starbucks serves fairly ordinary flavoured green teas (Tazo) but you get a choice of nice big mugs to let what flavour the teas has seep out.

Coffee Bean serves better green tea with an actual green tea taste so my preference is for Coffee Bean teas.

One thing never fails to amaze me is the look of wonder on the staffs face when I ask for a hot tea & not an iced tea, it's like as if this is a very rare occurrence in these establishments.

Has anyone else ever experienced the same in these places or is my penchant for drinking hot green tea in these places really so unusual?

Added on November 2, 2011, 9:24 pmIf you were to try to extrapolate the popularity of both brands you could look at their Facebook pages & Coffee Bean Malaysia currently has 5,978 Likes compared to Starbucks Malaysia with 47,909 Likes.

Obviously this is not definitive proof of anything but it does throw up a rather large disparity in terms of social networking helping brand awareness.

This post has been edited by SpyMalaysia: Nov 2 2011, 09:24 PM
TSabubin
post Nov 3 2011, 04:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

There are a few reason why starbucks is more popular. One of them is because starbucks have a lot more branches. They can open branches like crazy because it is a franchise business. Those who are interested to open starbucks can apply to be franchisee. If the shop close down, berjaya doesn't lose much. Compared to CBTL, they don't franchise out their business. Hence, they need to carefully consider when opening each branch.

The other reason is because starbucks is very big in the US. It has a successful model of management which they duplicate to here. Therefore all the outlets are run quite efficiently like McDonald's. So management is also one part that CBTL fail quite badly.

The other day, I was queuing to buy my usual coffee. There are only 1 register open (as usual) and it took me 20 minutes to get my drinks. The cashier is new. There are only 1 person in front of me.
SpyMalaysia
post Nov 3 2011, 10:37 PM

6 posts

Hmmmm, yep, I suppose there are reasons for everything & you just gave a good account of very plausible possible reasons for Starbucks dominance.
lepatz_81
post Nov 6 2011, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

I like double choc ice blended.but so sad when i buy last week at coffee bean city square jb the taste not even double choc.. Single choc oso dont have.seriously..i drink same flavor at coffee bean vivo city singapore it's super duper yummy!!!

Maybe the staff do it cincai as the shop want to close already that time.will try at senai airport branch next time i go there.
clement8115
post Nov 13 2011, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Just my fair share.

CBTL drinks quality are getting from bad to worst. I used to be CBTL supporter but now I have to admit I have to take Starbucks now.

Drinking at Starbucks also is also based on luck as you need select which branch that serve good drinks eg : ice blended drinks. Not all baristas skills are equally good among the chains. smile.gif
steventan85
post Nov 13 2011, 09:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

QUOTE(clement8115 @ Nov 13 2011, 09:02 PM)
Just my fair share.

CBTL drinks quality are getting from bad to worst. I used to be CBTL supporter but now I have to admit I have to take Starbucks now.

Drinking at Starbucks also is also based on luck as you need select which branch that serve good drinks eg : ice blended drinks. Not all baristas skills are equally good among the chains. smile.gif
U can request for 2nd cup if it's not nice;)
lj0000
post Jan 17 2012, 09:27 PM

Regular
1,689 posts

Can someone help me to check if the citibank 20% discount applies to the cbtl capsules.

Yes can forget about the dolche gusto. Taste like nescafe only.

Best is ille, nespresso, cbtl machines. Dolche don't even make it to my rank

DarkNite
post Jan 19 2012, 07:02 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 3 2011, 04:25 PM)
... It has a successful model of management which they duplicate to here. Therefore all the outlets are run quite efficiently like McDonald's. So management is also one part that CBTL fail quite badly.

The other day, I was queuing to buy my usual coffee. There are only 1 register open (as usual) and it took me 20 minutes to get my drinks. The cashier is new. There are only 1 person in front of me.
How true!
As most of the staff was from McD's Malaysia when Mr. V. Tan started StarBuck Malaysia.

And yes CoffeeBean Top management sucks big time! They dun have the vision to grow their business. They have the best recipes & food but not the business acumen to grow.
Now they are more interested in selling their machines. doh.gif
Guess can't blame them as they are basically coffee & tea traders.
pilotHans
post Jun 27 2012, 05:30 PM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

I stumbled into this thread as I was about to ask what kindda flavor that u guys recommend to buy and make at home tongue.gif im not a regular of both.....but im keep to utilize my new coffee machine at home that i got as a present tongue.gif been trying some cheap coffees that i bought from the mall but taste is so n so ..... sweat.gif blush.gif
TSabubin
post Jul 24 2012, 06:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

what machine are you talking about? CBTL coffee machine or just other normal coffee machine?
MYstombox
post Aug 1 2012, 04:39 PM

Wired!
2,240 posts

CBTL closed their Senai Airport branch recently.

Went there and it was boarded up, emailed the CS and they confirmed closed.
rayz85
post Feb 18 2013, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

Anyone know where to get the CBTL capsule holder? Not those available in MY stores, saw one http://cbtl.coffeebean.com/hexo-capsule-holder/d/1011 but only available in the US
nicholastze85
post Jun 9 2015, 11:54 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

CBTL Capsule got promotion?
KahHoong
post Oct 11 2015, 01:10 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

im letting go of a coffee bean tea leaf machine. let me know if anyone interested, slightly negotiable, dont want to see it wasted in the store.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3601148&hl=
Yokoko
post May 1 2018, 09:57 AM

48 posts

Hey guys , I was at midvalley outlet and was told that dine in price is slight higher than take away price . Is that true ?
radi0head
post May 10 2018, 07:45 PM

A Shocker
2,757 posts

QUOTE(Yokoko @ May 1 2018, 09:57 AM)
Hey guys , I was at midvalley outlet and was told that dine in price is slight higher than take away price .  Is that true ?
Indirectly, yes... as dine in, they will charge you additional service charge... shakehead.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 AM