6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Raw Selvedge Denim Thread, Version 4

views

apsidewatch
post Jan 15 2012, 11:51 AM

Casual
499 posts

idk if im into heavyweight denim right now.. maybe not now.
apsidewatch
post Jan 18 2012, 11:33 PM

Casual
499 posts

^
^
have u decided to get a pair?
apsidewatch
post Jan 22 2012, 01:23 AM

Casual
499 posts

^
^
enjoy ur stay
apsidewatch
post Jan 23 2012, 10:40 PM

Casual
499 posts

im looking for imperial duke, but there's no size for me at selfedge ..where can i find imperial right now? im going to study @melbourne in 2 weeks time but there's no store that stocks imperial in melb..

but then im thinking on gaining some weight first before buying a new 1..
apsidewatch
post Jan 25 2012, 12:44 AM

Casual
499 posts

up yours, if it is too long for stacks u can fold, or hem/tailor. or u can let it stacks.
apsidewatch
post Jan 25 2012, 10:19 AM

Casual
499 posts

damn right now u see loads of selvedge and raw denim thread at tradezone, even zara, nbhd. iirc, there's none or so few last year.
apsidewatch
post Jan 26 2012, 11:54 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(public holiday @ Jan 26 2012, 11:46 AM)
god damn, it has been 3 months my organic cotton still hard!
as so i heard, organic cotton is harder to break. where did u take it to?
apsidewatch
post Jan 26 2012, 08:00 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(treflip @ Jan 26 2012, 04:36 PM)
if there is a proper shop in KL that carries in japanese denim like the denim store in singapore with prices about the same as in singapore would you guys support the shop and buy or would you guys still buy from online stores? was wondering
QUOTE(treflip @ Jan 26 2012, 06:04 PM)
hehehehe...well just wondering...but if got extra rezeki may be i shall one day open...but was just a plan la...see how things goes hehehehe...but if there's anyone else is planning to open then i wont be scouting the net to but anymore...i will be hanging out at the store like everyday hehehehe
oh please open 1. well if price+postage>local stores, then i take local stores. u can even try it on too.

make it online + stores too, like selfedge, tate+yoko.
apsidewatch
post Jan 27 2012, 12:14 AM

Casual
499 posts

@grimm yeah i read about him many times regarding blog, admire his dedication for 365 days without fail, rain or shine.

one of the challenge of opening a denim shop is that the target market is small, and even in that tiny community we don't buy it on a regular basis, it is one-of purchase. so stock cycle will be so slow. the other thing is to challenge the online store that offers lower price.

thats why i admire kiya on maintaining selfedge. they even manage to open multiple stores.

on a side note, am looking for imperial duke indigo size 29.. the collab doesnt have the 'x' mark and the yellow stitching on the back pocket..

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Jan 27 2012, 12:15 AM
apsidewatch
post Jan 27 2012, 07:57 PM

Casual
499 posts

what size is it?
apsidewatch
post Jan 28 2012, 10:51 PM

Casual
499 posts

Grimm, mind sharing which store that stocks Imperial at melbourne?ill be going there next month, looking for a pair of duke, size 29.

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Jan 28 2012, 10:53 PM
apsidewatch
post Jan 29 2012, 10:18 AM

Casual
499 posts

all of the above still stocks imperial? ok thanks for that. gonna be hunting once im there.
apsidewatch
post Jan 30 2012, 08:53 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(junky_man @ Jan 30 2012, 09:17 AM)
@grimm congrats bro, you manage to poison me to getting Imperials for my next purchase. tongue.gif
QUOTE(Grimm @ Jan 30 2012, 06:20 PM)
Lol what? These pics are only the tip of the iceberg. Surf Sufu and SF seriously. The denim scene there is mind blowing. Most threads are free of trolls too. Most people will help you with sizing and shit biggrin.gif

I'm not gonna surf anymore coz I know how poisonous those pics can be *shivers*
fell in love with the fades of imperial featured in Fade Friday at rawrdenim and a bit of lurking at sufu and yeah it is my 2nd pair. i really like the backpocket stitching too, with yellow thread and the 'x' mark

but then, imperial is a pain in the @ss to find one, let alone to get ur size.

if possible i want to get a duke, but a new one seems to be nowhere to be found.. the elephant leather tab in pronto x imperial collab is quite ugly from my view, so its either sf x imperial sexi14 or duke.

both model size 29 is out of stock at selfedge .. ( forever?) , so my best bet is to check it at the stores..

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

apsidewatch
post Jan 30 2012, 09:54 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Jan 30 2012, 09:19 PM)
I could get you a duke at around A$270~$290. I facebooked a contact in Adelaide and he says they're left with one pair of Indigo and one pair of Black in 28. They might price drop even to A$250 just to clear these last 2 pairs.

Dukes, you can also get from halfsleeve (sydney) or apartment (queensland). They have online stores. I love how all boutique stores nowadays have online stores. This is what it takes to thrive in retail now.

Added on January 30, 2012, 9:30 pmBtw, where do you guys get your APCs from? Like what's the cheapest I can get it for? If there are any out there for about 100 bucks, lemme know. I might get that just for kicks, if its cheap. So far, everywhere is about $170 and above. Weren't APCs supposed to be cheaper than that?
i prefer indigo, or black is ok?(my initial plan is to get a black one). i wear 28 for n&f skinny guy, 1 size down iinm.

my current waist measurement
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

apsidewatch
post Jan 30 2012, 10:25 PM

Casual
499 posts

@elainor like i said i've lurk at sufu for imperial threads, and found the post too.

its more of a rhetorical question. i know it looks damn good after fade, but to me the yellow is more striking and eye-catching, while the black-stitching shows progress. both of them to me is quite nice,

anyway, yours is nice too. keep it up, the stitching is starting to show.
apsidewatch
post Feb 1 2012, 11:04 AM

Casual
499 posts

bangsar shopping centre? where is it? all i knew is that unbranded can be found at Almost, UrbanVillage.
apsidewatch
post Feb 25 2012, 08:28 PM

Casual
499 posts

too busy to post pictures nowadays, giving my raw denim much attention. damn now she is smelly with all the sweats, its freaking 35° and walked for 2hours to inspect houses.

also, being thankful for i am here since melbourne is a city for cycling. bought one and will pick it up tomorrow.

just pulled a trigger on a pair. im too excited to be sad for how much i've spent since i've arrived laugh.gif

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Feb 25 2012, 08:32 PM
apsidewatch
post Feb 25 2012, 10:40 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Feb 25 2012, 03:53 PM)
A Nudies pair is an essential item in any denim enthusiast's collection wink.gif
i would say lvc 501 stf compared to nudies. its the father of all, we wont be here wearing raw denim if its not because of levis. everyone denimheads should own a pair
apsidewatch
post Feb 26 2012, 05:41 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(chuakz @ Feb 25 2012, 10:39 PM)
any idea where's the best place to buy denim in melbourne? price wise and range wise
havent explored all of the places, but all i can say is that dakota501 have a wide range compared to other stores. if u want nudies, shouldnt be a problem as it is everywhere. i heard sydney and adelaide should be better.

QUOTE(alzaim @ Feb 26 2012, 03:06 PM)
Grimm... i would love to get Imperials man..
btw do you think its cheaper to get in from melbourne?
compared to selfedge..
from my self experience and some references from sufu, no stores in melbourne that have imperials, better get it from selfedge..
apsidewatch
post Feb 26 2012, 10:11 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Feb 26 2012, 10:06 PM)
Yea... these are the last batches. Mine's due for its quarterly wash soon.

Hmm.. there are actually 2 stores left in Melb which stocks them. I found out one of them might not be interested in taking anymore new batches, but I'm sure that Some Buddy Loves You on Smith Street still stocks them (last time I was there was last year).

Added on February 26, 2012, 10:08 pmErmm... some stores in Australia that are clearing out their stock on Imperials will sell them at AUD150~200. So far, I've seen 3 stores do them at AUD150. Its so weird that they are no longer interested in stocking them.

Perhaps inventory turnover is too slow or they need shelf space for faster turnover brands? I haven't managed to speak to any store owners.. always a young salesperson manning the store.
adress pls, might be going.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0988sec    1.09    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 01:22 AM