Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Raw Selvedge Denim Thread, Version 4

views

apsidewatch
post Dec 21 2011, 07:14 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(satar @ Dec 21 2011, 02:05 PM)
dude,i want to join the competition too!! cool2.gif create a mini contest please~~?haha!got a pair of naked and famous black selvedge to break in next year.being wear less than a week.
newbies fade of 2012 , why not?

QUOTE(junky_man @ Dec 21 2011, 02:35 PM)
Haha, fade competition? I'm sure you're gonna win it.  sweat.gif I'll just join you for the ride. biggrin.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

i started on december 8. u got a headstart. well some material does give a better fade, but mostly is what you do to ur denim.

a guy with his SJDO, 1 year 6 months, never washed.

user posted image
user posted image

this one is only 3 months old, yet the fades are rad.

user posted image

note that both are Slim Jim Dry Organic, just like yours. u see, if u give a great action to ur jeans, it will turn pretty.
try browsing http://mynudies.com/gallery/index.php , they got many pics of fades to have ur jaw dropped.

to seniors out there, be patience with us notworthy.gif its not imperial,pbj or momotaro but its a start. smile.gif

source 1
source 2

apsidewatch
post Dec 22 2011, 10:49 PM

Casual

QUOTE(shiningace @ Dec 22 2011, 10:18 PM)
so is it like most jeans in Levis are raw?
its the contrary im afraid, most jeans in levis are now pre-washed jeans. u should try to google more. use wiki, 1st post on this thread, anything to give you the idea of what is raw denim. its not that hard, since i did mine on my own. u cant expect ppl to spoon fed all the infos.

apsidewatch
post Dec 23 2011, 04:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(khchong81 @ Dec 23 2011, 11:00 AM)
Hi, anyone bought their Nudie from this seller before? Is it authentic? Tempted to get 1 from him.

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2049498&hl=
asked other forummers who bought it, they said its legit.
asked at mynudies.com here http://mynudies.com/showthread.php?1909-Fa...ll=1#post321816 , they said its legit too.
lurked around and found this http://mynudies.com/showthread.php?1909-Fa...ll=1#post302384 , and realized irmond's nudies bottom stitching runs to the left, which is a sign of authentic pair.

my original plan is to buy a pair from him. but since i got the chance to go to musa,i improvise since theyre offering a better bargain for a pair of N&F.
lastly, its your decision to pull the trigger or not.

QUOTE(shiningace @ Dec 23 2011, 02:26 PM)
sry but i have searched high and low but still find no way to differentiate normal jeans from raw.. i know that raw jeans are supposed to be in indigo colour or plain colour? and kinda hard? besides that, any way to spot them?
see, u can do it on your own.

for a pair of raw denim, the production stops at 8:35 . i giggled when the narrator said "These day, everyone are too cool to wear jeans that look brand new"

apsidewatch
post Dec 26 2011, 01:42 AM

Casual

ffffffu now we are talking. momotaro going to battle. surely beats my n&f.

where do u get it?

apsidewatch
post Dec 27 2011, 12:38 PM

Casual

@junkyman how many roll/cuffs do u need? i usually stacks, but still havent decide yet since i would really like to show that it is selvedge if they didnt notice the selvedge on my coin pocket thumbup.gif

@grimm do you know which person to send the raw denim to for the forums you've suggested? might suggest them to do that. our neighbor indonesia have been serious in raw denim that they have an annual event just for that. we are still behind in this stuffs.might give your support to our own industry.

the only raw denim producers in malaysia that i can see who are a true denimhead is cheesedenim. well, tarik jeans have their own line of denim too but they are mixed with other apparel as well and mostly known for their varsity jacket.

some of the pics stolen taken from cheese denim fb page,

user posted image

more:

i suspect this is from their 1st batch with 11.5 oz, both of the materials look thin wink.gif

their new batch came with 14oz and 13oz.

also, i stumbled upon a local fashion label MNRCHII and found a picture that looks like a raw denim. they were asked in the comment if it is a selvedge and they say yes.

user posted image

source 1

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Dec 27 2011, 12:43 PM
apsidewatch
post Dec 27 2011, 05:21 PM

Casual

QUOTE(shiningace @ Dec 27 2011, 04:58 PM)
i have heard about tarik jeans too. any commend on the quality of tarik, uniqlo or unbranded? thanks
most of us here havent had a hand on exp with tarik.. but u should try cheese denim with your budget.

but if you can add some extra bucks, Unbranded is a good choice. its a brand with the same founder for Naked & Famous, Brandon Svarc himself, since he saw the need of cheaper raw denim for high school.

QUOTE(xhalbanx @ Dec 27 2011, 05:03 PM)
good news guys...i'm willing and more than happy to sponsor a small prize for the winner of this competition...
it is just a genuine leather bracelet with snap button...
the bracelet were hand cut by myself...
what do you all think?
cheerss
well, im more than happy( assuming that i'll win) tongue.gif

QUOTE(munk3y @ Dec 27 2011, 05:04 PM)
hey guys, im gonna wash my nudies for the first time in 2 years, i think 2 years should be long enough. just wondering what is the best way to wash the jeans n what detergent should i use.? water temperature.? cause keep on seeing different methods of washing raw denim, would like toknow what u guys gotta say. smile.gif

CHEERS !
for me, its how u want the end result.

if u want to make it shrink, use hot water. but with the expense of more dye will come out.
cold water will let it maintain the fit, maybe unnoticable shrink. less dye will come out too.

inside out to preserve the dye, vice versa.
as for detergent, idk man. some ppl recommend specific detergent for raw denim, eg: APC Detergent.
apsidewatch
post Dec 27 2011, 11:04 PM

Casual

QUOTE(xhalbanx @ Dec 27 2011, 05:32 PM)
brows.gif

ok i'll give away my hand cut bracelet
(1 1/2 cm wide of 8-9oz cow hide with vintage look snap button, i'll post laju to the winner with Malaysian address only...tqvm..)

but who is the contestant? and the jeans? time frame?
assuming that i win, chances are that im not in malaysia.. sweat.gif

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Dec 27 2011, 06:46 PM)
tarik jeans are raw jeans, my lil brother has it and its a fine quality raw denim and it cost around rm169 for the raw denim and rm269 (i hope i got the price right) for the japanese premium raw denim.
some photo of the fit and fades? would like to see the result.
apsidewatch
post Dec 28 2011, 02:58 PM

Casual

@junky probably the push , the shop that sells skate apparels and stuffs
apsidewatch
post Dec 28 2011, 10:32 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Xp3rT @ Dec 28 2011, 09:13 PM)
Finally got my first raw jeans, N&F skinnyguy Indigo Power-Stretch with Grey fill. I didn't do much research so not sure whether it is a nice pair of raw jeans not. bought it because the color suit me, nice cutting and reasonable price.

have a question here, I think it is non selvage, means I can alter to perfect length??it's very long and I dislike to roll up.
from musa right? i saw a pair of the grey fill.

before i bought my denim i also have the thought of hemming since i dont like cuffing up, but then it is really nice to stack esp when its a skinny fit. welll in the end, its ur choice. btw all n&f are selvedge. better get it done nicely or you'll lose it

apsidewatch
post Dec 28 2011, 11:24 PM

Casual

@mihawk7

start small, try any non-selvedge raw denim first. gap,uniqlo, tarik jeans,unbranded, cheese denim, or some indonesian label.

it is just a piece of garment, if u feel that u dont like it, in the end it is still a pair of jeans. nothing to regret
apsidewatch
post Dec 29 2011, 10:12 PM

Casual

looks good, hurm..
apsidewatch
post Dec 31 2011, 04:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Grimm @ Dec 29 2011, 11:20 PM)
Flat head and Tate&yoko? Looks good.. too bad its a weird guy fit and not a skinny guy. Would've interested me more. My next one should be a flathead 3001 or whatever the skinniest fit they got.

Hows the competition going?
idk, so who's in? me,junkyman, others?

we should set the rules.time frame, what brand,judges,etc. im suggesting we go with any raw denim bought during the month of december to be fair for Fades of 2012,how's that? hmm.gif
apsidewatch
post Jan 1 2012, 02:33 AM

Casual

QUOTE(junky_man @ Jan 1 2012, 12:47 AM)
anyone is welcomed to join if they got their jeans in nov or dec.

we can compare 6 months progress by 1 july, 12 months by 1 jan 2013.

get pre and post wash comparison.most votes wins.
QUOTE(alzaim @ Jan 1 2012, 02:19 AM)
hey can i join... got it early november..
but can do a proper one?
QUOTE(jhchong @ Jan 1 2012, 02:26 AM)
i wanna join for fun but cant, hv to devote my time solely on a pair.
but its easy to hold a friendly contest.

Rules:

no cheating using methods such as sanding or pinching. fake whiskers and combs can easily be spotted , what more given time frame of the contest most probably should be 1 year. all contestants should post up weekly update pics/photos of the contest denim.
lastly, those who participate in contest should post of pic of the denim along with newspaper or other source showing date as of 1 week before contest begin.
im good with all this.

so me,junky_man,alzaim. others?
apsidewatch
post Jan 1 2012, 02:59 AM

Casual

QUOTE(jhchong @ Jan 1 2012, 02:44 AM)
lol although its a friendly contest, i think you guys should wait a while for more people to join.. and to encourage them, all jeans regardless of weight and brand are allow.

to be fair, those who wanna join contest, the contest pair must not be worn until contest begin. unless its a week or so, can pardon.

all in all, need more people to join so its more interesting..
about that not-be-worn-until-contest-begin thing, its kinda hard since its all spontaneous, and i've been wearing my pair as much as i can wink.gif
apsidewatch
post Jan 1 2012, 03:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(jhchong @ Jan 1 2012, 03:08 AM)
well up to you guys la.. cause if other people wearing new pair, then wont be fair to them..

depends what jeans you hv, its not wearing as much as you can= good results.

anyway, need more people opinion on this.. if can enter with jeans you hv worn for weeks, then i dont mind entering with my apc.
ur date of purchase for apc? since it is just for fun, we go for any pair,any brand of raw denim bought during the month of november and december.
apsidewatch
post Jan 2 2012, 01:57 AM

Casual

@Grimm so nudie is too common eh? i heard they have it at david jones isnt it? u know any good raw denim store at melb? im thinking of getting another pair, prob black coated jeans when im there.

so hows it guys? u want to make it big? all my thought at first is to get a small one between me and junky for a newbie comp

my 3 weeks old, still no noticable fades or whatsoever..

im keeping big size for this picture for viewing pleasure, since im taking this with compact cam and the quality arent that great.

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Jan 2 2012, 02:57 AM
apsidewatch
post Jan 8 2012, 11:30 AM

Casual

guys, im looking for a second pair. black slim fit raw denim right now, preferably not from a heavyweight, around 14oz to 17oz.

erm, other than N&F and Nudies, what is good for me?
apsidewatch
post Jan 11 2012, 11:07 PM

Casual

almost compulsory for a new pair.. fit picture pls
apsidewatch
post Jan 12 2012, 09:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(shiningace @ Jan 12 2012, 06:45 PM)
Lol. The problem is that i can button the top button even when its brand new.
its not that your jeans cannot be buttoned up all the way to have a great fit, the actual is it is ok if you cannot buttoned it all up. see the diff?

btw, is it me or that n&f skinny guy have small room for my balls? i find it squeezing mine pretty well.. the weird thing is i find that its comfortable during my early wears.. does my jeans shrink or my set is getting bigger? rclxub.gif
apsidewatch
post Jan 13 2012, 03:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jan 13 2012, 03:13 PM)
well depending on what type of cutting u like but i gotta say its a bit baggy IMHO... u should size down another 1 or 2 size... after washing surely it'll stretch more than u wearing now...
what do u mean that it will stretch after wash? shouldn't it be shrinking? #noobquestion

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1789sec    0.72    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 05:10 AM