Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Raw Selvedge Denim Thread, Version 4

views

apsidewatch
post Oct 27 2011, 12:28 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

ffffffffffffffuuu , im so late to know about raw and selvedge denim by few days ago. at first all i though was " washed jeans are the best, raws are lame" and "why the hell do you want to buy a 1k evisu? shitty tone color" ... regretting for knowing about this too late. wink.gif

well too bad im still a student, now looking for my first pair of raw denim and Nudie Jeans looks good with the price. nod.gif or is it uniqlo a better choice?

apsidewatch
post Nov 7 2011, 11:02 PM

Casual

when will they be bringing in nudies? sad.gif
apsidewatch
post Nov 28 2011, 10:18 PM

Casual

guys, Nudie Thin Finn Organic Ecru Embo, 1 size down right?
apsidewatch
post Nov 29 2011, 10:23 PM

Casual

QUOTE(kevin190791 @ Nov 28 2011, 10:33 PM)
it all depends on the look you want to achieve and how it comforts you,
btw the more you size down, the more it will stretch ==> the more the jeans will be prone to tear
yeah, thats what im afraid of, esp crotch blow.1 of the downs in buying online, u cant give it a try first..

come on, why are we so poor that we dont have a store that sells nudie in malaysia? :furious
i know a shop that sells fake Nudies for RM99, Dolls Store and that's as far as we can go. they also sells fake cheap Monday. you can open their facebook page and have a look at it.

come to think of it, does the size for a fake and authentic nudies are the same?

QUOTE(h11g @ Nov 29 2011, 11:03 AM)
i went a size down and it fit perfectly.
can u post here some pics of you wearing it?

QUOTE(public holiday @ Nov 29 2011, 12:38 PM)
should i alter my nudie? is kinda long
if it is selvedge, better not to or youll lose it.

btw, im 175. will L32 be doing good? im afraid its too long for me and i dont like to cuff it..

apsidewatch
post Dec 1 2011, 12:07 AM

Casual

@public holiday, what brand is it and what cut? looks nice on you though
apsidewatch
post Dec 1 2011, 03:58 PM

Casual

guys, a bit help for Thin Finn DOEE sizing. im 175/60. i think ill go for L32 but still couldnt decide on my waist size..

this is the kind of fit i want to pull,

3 weeks
user posted image

1 year
user posted image

more of the user's look http://mynudies.com/gallery/browseimages.p...&imageuser=9369

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Dec 1 2011, 06:20 PM
apsidewatch
post Dec 2 2011, 07:44 PM

Casual

@lupe mind taking pictures of you wearing the fit? It would be merrier for this small community of raw denim lovers smile.gif
apsidewatch
post Dec 4 2011, 08:50 PM

Casual

@ahmeduk88 , if u dont mind how much is it for ur N&F after discount, might be going there too this week.
apsidewatch
post Dec 8 2011, 01:50 PM

Casual

Just bought Naked&Famous Skinny Guy Indigo Broken Twill from Musa, size 28. I can button all up (barely). How much will it stretch guys? Planning to sell it if it doesn't stretch much.

Oh, they also have a Weird Guy 21 oz. Its rm1219 before 50% less. Free t shirts too, got 1 cheap monday grey M size (not my size..).

For N&F, left skinny guy 30 indigo, 29 indigo & black( combined, or something like that), 29 skinny guy black, a few weird guy 31 iinm. All on display.
apsidewatch
post Dec 10 2011, 09:50 AM

Casual

@alzaim its around 300 bucks

@linkinwayne thanks, ill wear it hard till it stretch

@chazychaz it is just a matter of comfort. 22oz is thick enoguh, let alone 26oz. You'll be sweating like mad with our weather. If ure ok with that, then just go for it.

@juststayreal why bothering about the color of selvedge? Not that it effects the quality of the denim

@grimm I have some pics but the internet connection here isn't good, will upload it asap

@elainor junky_man once mentioned about adidas selvedge, try look it there. I heard zara have it too. Or walk a bit and head to farenheit88 or klcc for Uniqlo store, they have a really nice selection and price for quality too. btw, Why limit ur search at pavi, head to Musa @bangsar, they have better choice
apsidewatch
post Dec 10 2011, 11:09 AM

Casual

@Grimm I'm just stating the options in pavillion and yeah, I concur your opinion. The later brand that joined the raw denim bandwagon wont give u the satisfaction as compared to true denim producers. Some of them are so expensive but the quality is just not there.

apsidewatch
post Dec 11 2011, 04:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(elainor @ Dec 11 2011, 02:07 AM)
Hey guys may I ask what kind of shoes and colour choices pairs well with indigo raw selvedge. Loafers? Boat shoes? Thanks
my 2 cents, jeans wont do much of a damage in a fashion sense. its one of the reason why jeans are worn by almost everyone, its versatile.

apsidewatch
post Dec 13 2011, 02:04 PM

Casual

@eugene idk if you're promoting on a wrong thread, but here we appreciate our own creases, honeycomb and fade.. Not some factory made. smile.gif

Rain caught me off guard just now while I'm breaking my n&f skinny guy, luckily only a few drops managed to fall on my jeans. tongue.gif

In this time of a year, its kinda scary to wear ur raw denim outdoors.. Water now has become my nemesis, aren't you all?
apsidewatch
post Dec 13 2011, 10:02 PM

Casual

Read about chain stitch is not that strong as lock stitch.

Would anyone mind explaining, why chain stitch? And where in bukit bintang can I get 1? I heard that it is advised to get a chain stitch only from Union Special 43200 machine
apsidewatch
post Dec 19 2011, 04:39 PM

Casual

QUOTE(TwinCam @ Dec 19 2011, 02:24 PM)
ok laa, lets say earlier than 6 month as recommended...
the fades will not be that beautiful. you cant really see all the whiskers, honeycomb lines on the denim. the fades in color will be even all over ur denim with no significant marks.

note that 6 months is only the guideline, not a set of rules. you wear it everyday doing rough labour work(repairing rooftop of a house, building a tower, digging coal mines) then u probably need only a month or two to get the fades done. nod.gif
apsidewatch
post Dec 19 2011, 10:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(TwinCam @ Dec 19 2011, 09:48 PM)
oooo..i see..thanks for the info  notworthy.gif
p/s. brand new premium jeans + rough labor works =  hmm.gif  doh.gif  cry.gif ..hehehe
well, im quite new here but we are really looking forward to do some rough work with our denim.

here is a video of Brandon Svarc, founder,salesperson,designer of Naked&Famous talks about raw denim.

@TwinCam, you can skip to 4:09 to hear Brandon talk about not washing and breaking your jeans. He also shows a very nice fade by a guy in canada that works in preserving wildlife.

i really like him for his fun idea of raw denim, especially that glow in the dark raw denim laugh.gif

apsidewatch
post Dec 19 2011, 11:34 PM

Casual

my first raw denim, N&F Skinny Guy Broken Twill. not that i planned to get this since im having a thought of getting a pair of Nudie Thin Finn Dry Organic Ecru Embo..

but here it goes, 1st wear. lousy camera and lightings, really sorry about that .

user posted image
no rivet at the back pocket, might consider adding some. hmm.gif

user posted image
cool leather patch brows.gif

user posted image
this is the truest color if i can say.. selvedge coin pocket.

user posted image
Button fly, but no details.. hurm nvm then, not that ppl will peak inside tongue.gif

user posted image

sorry guys, already tried to rotate the image but still end up like this sweat.gif . as u can see, the fit really squeeze my thighs, but not at knee down.

well what can i say, its a 13oz. i looks so rempit if wear it with some flip flops due to tight and tapered leg. the stacks are nice with my shoes, now considering getting a high cut just for this jeans to make a nicer stacks.

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Dec 20 2011, 01:44 AM
apsidewatch
post Dec 20 2011, 01:46 AM

Casual

my bad, its 13oz. major typo tongue.gif

thankfully it stretch a bit to let my weiner roam, but not up to what i expected..
apsidewatch
post Dec 20 2011, 10:41 AM

Casual

@71ers to lose the starch? No I don't.. I think ill need the starch to get better fades since I'm not roughing my jeans that hard, only wore it for daily use..

@junkyman u haven't tell us what's ur pair.

Maybe TS should make a list of forummers and the raw denims currently being break-in, with pics even better.
apsidewatch
post Dec 21 2011, 01:36 PM

Casual

imho, nothing bad. just keep wearing. thumbup.gif

as for my personal liking, i would put something more personal fades to distinguish my denim from others.. like having ur band logo somewhere at the coin pocket or back pocket. try putting your friend's since you are touring with them. or anything that you feel close to, just to make it 'yours'

btw, when did you start wearing your raw denim? want a fade competition? since this is our first pair, and we both start at around the same time hmm.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by apsidewatch: Dec 21 2011, 01:43 PM

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Bump Topic Topic ClosedOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1365sec    2.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 07:43 PM