Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Beware of dishonest seller -Ravi6662, Be careful when dealing with him

deng8895
post Feb 6 2011, 01:23 AM, updated 9y ago

Enthusiast
788 posts

Forumer you are complaining against: Ravi6662, Hp No. 016-3317284

Item being sold/bought: Cloned/replica Nokia N95 8Gb (China phone)

Original thread link: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1728403&hl=

Date of transaction: 1 February 2011

Details of the complaint :

Got conned into buying a cloned /imitation Nokia N95 8Gb from Ravi6662. He advertised as selling original Nokia N95 8Gb, price: RM420--> nego RM400.

Clone Nokia N95 selling in other forum for only RM150. Lowyat.net do not permit seller to sell imitation products

I was made aware that this site is did not permit selling imitation products. During COD i inspect the condition of phone but unable to detect the clone feature. The clone features mostly can only be detected when it is connected to PC because some of the icons in the phone are fake i.e 8gb memory, actual only 2gb. Camera: image if download to computer has max resolution of only 640*480. Outlook almost 100% orginal.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I tried resolving internally with him but he has very low etiquette. More so when he actually mention that he works in US before.

I checked on internet about him and found this fact. His name is Ravindran "Ravi" Mahadevan. "Ravi pleaded guilty in 1992 to misdemeanor theft from his employer, a computer business in Mason City"

http://wcfcourier.com/news/regional/articl...fa3a134af5.html

Summary of my communication with him as below

My reply: 1 day after the COD day, I demanded a refund beause he is actually selling me a clone Nokia N95. I have checked intensively on internet to ensure that I am not accusing people wrongly
Ravi: He mentioned that he didn't know it is imitation and he also said I have seen and tested the product so its my fault
(His reply is very suspectful because during his pm he got mention he uses the GPS of which the phone has no GPS)

My reply: I told him that lowyat.net did not permit seller to sell clone/ imitation product. I mention that we are not talking about the condition of the phone instead he is not being truthful and conning me into buying cloned stuff of which his advertisement should not be up at this website at the first place.
Ravi: He replied that i never asked him whether it is cloned Nokia N95 or not.. so its my fault. He also say that i can resell it again

My reply: I told him i am not so irresponsible to sell imitation product and let others feel cheated... like me... If really the case, are u asking me to actually con other and if u say the mod will let u do that, then this forum is actually recommending this transactions? I told him i will be making a complain about him in the dispute corner.

I think he is currently working near All-IT and Jaya33 shopping complex as helpdesk or maybe also as a IT trainer. More info can be obtained from the website below.
http://ravi6662.web.officelive.com/resume.aspx

My intention is to prevent other potential buyers against this seller. Other forumer has complained b4 about him. Pls see the link below:
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...647&hl=ravi6662

Moderator, please consider blacklisting him and from my opinion, having such a forumer who is not responsible/not honest member will not benefit our beloved forum. Actually what set apart your forum with "www.m*d*h.com" is that most forumers here are selling legitimate products and are more trustworthy seller. I can see that moderators here are taking stiff actions on threads that sells fake items which is very very encouraging.

However, from my opinion, harder punishment should also be taken to those sellers who claim they are selling original products but in actual fact selling fake products.

If required by moderator, I can forward all his PM to verified our dealings...

From cheated buyer...

This post has been edited by deng8895: Aug 6 2011, 03:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
syamirc
post Feb 6 2011, 02:06 AM

Enthusiast
774 posts

QUOTE(deng8895 @ Feb 6 2011, 01:23 AM)
Forumer you are complaining against: Ravi6662

Item being sold/bought: Clone/replica Nokia N95 8Gb

Original thread link: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1728403&hl=

Date of transaction: 1 February 2011

Details of the complaint :

Got conned into buying a clone /imitation Nokia N95 8Gb from Ravi6662. He advertised as selling original Nokia N95 8Gb with selling price of RM420--> nego RM400.

Honest seller from other site selling clone Nokia N95 for only RM150. Lowyat.net is not permitted to sell such products

Although I went to COD with him, I was made aware that this site is did not permit selling imitation products. During COD i inspect the condition of phone but unable to detect the clone feature. The clone features mostly can only be detected when it is connected to PC because some of the icons in the phone are fake i.e 8gb memory, actual only 2gb. Camera function if download to computer has resolution of 640*480. Outlook almost 100% orginal.

The clone Nokia N95 8Gb is only a basic China phone and has the following features:
a) No wifi -- only fake icon
b) No GPS ---only fake icon
c) Only 2gb memory card athough phone shows 8gb
d) camera resolution only max 640*480
e) Unable to instal any software/firmware and cannot be detected by Nokia PC Suite
f) IME no. when register with Nokia is not valid

I tried resolving internally with him but he has very low etique. More so when he actually mention that he works in US before.

I checked on internet about him and found this fact. His name is Ravindran "Ravi" Mahadevan

http://wcfcourier.com/news/regional/articl...fa3a134af5.html

Summary of my communication with him as below

My reply: Next day morning after the COD, I demanded a refund beause he is actually selling me a clone Nokia N95. I have checked intensively on internet to ensure that I am not accusing people wrongly
Ravi: He mentioned that he didn't know about it and he also said I have seen and tested the product so its my fault
(His reply is very suspectful because during his pm he got mention he uses the GPS of which the phone has no GPS)

My reply: I told him is that lowyat.net did not permit to sell clone/ imitation product. I mention that we are not talking about the condition of the phone instead he is not being truthful and conning me into buying cloned stuff of which his advertisement should not be up at lowyat.net at the first place.
Ravi: He replied that i never asked him whether it is cloned Nokia N95 or not.. so its my fault. He also say that i can resell it again

My reply: I told him i am not so irresponsible to sell imitation product and let others feel cheated... like me... If really the case, are u asking me to actually con other and if u say the mod will let u do that, then this forum is actually recommending this transactions? I told him i will be making a compain about him in the dispute corner.
My intention is to prevent other potential buyers against this seller. Other forumer has complained b4 about him. Pls see the link below:
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...647&hl=ravi6662

Moderator please consider blacklisting him and from my opinion, having such a forumer who is not responsible/not honest member will not benefit our beloved forum. Actually what set apart your forum with "www.m*d*h.com" is that most forumers here are selling legitimate products and are more sincere/genuine seller. I can see that moderators here are taking stiff action on threads that sells fake item which is very very encouraging.

However, from my opinion, harder punishment should also be taken to those sellers who claim they are selling original products but in actual fact selling fake products.

If required by moderator, I can forward all his PM  to verified our dealings...

From cheated buyer...
COD also been coned..
why u not check it carefully?
RyanHo
post Feb 6 2011, 04:42 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

I'm having hard time to read wad u wanna express.
deng8895
post Feb 6 2011, 10:46 AM

Enthusiast
788 posts

QUOTE(RyanHo @ Feb 6 2011, 04:42 AM)
I'm having hard time to read wad u wanna express.
Which part? I have amend a bit to improve the presentation.

Added on February 6, 2011, 10:56 am
QUOTE(syamirc @ Feb 6 2011, 02:06 AM)
COD also been coned..
why u not check it carefully?
The outlook is almost 100% original and there are alot of fake icons in the phone. This is not the version where even the LCD is low resolution. By testing it on the spot most likely cannot detect that why alot of people also got con if u check the internet... unless u are very very familiar with the phone...

Even my friend who owns a Nokia N95 thought its just a firmware problem, but instead it is not because even Nokia PC suite can't detect the phone.

It mostly can be detected when connect to PC.

This post has been edited by deng8895: Feb 6 2011, 10:56 AM
Mikeshashimi
post Feb 6 2011, 02:40 PM

10 Years on LYN
3,874 posts

did u try checking the IMEI?

*#06#
*#0000#

?
Fighteden
post Feb 6 2011, 07:57 PM

Stark Industries
942 posts

If only you turned on the phone during COD, you can tell immediately that its a china set.
Careless has a price.
deng8895
post Feb 7 2011, 12:42 AM

Enthusiast
788 posts

QUOTE(Fighteden @ Feb 6 2011, 07:57 PM)
If only you turned on the phone during COD, you can tell immediately that its a china set.
Careless has a price.
Seriously, I did turned on the phone .. also i checked the LCD and also made a call....

I really disagree with your statement" if u turned on the phone during COD, you can tell immediately that its a china set"

Have u seen the clone b4? The LCD is not those low resolution type, instead same like the original. When taking pic, got flash, if turn the phone side way, the lcd also turn side way, icons are same like the original phone, got nokia sticker, etc...

But I agree that after very close inspection and after doing research online, u can differentiate it. It took me a day to research as i thought it is only old firmware.

If the seller has intention to con you and not being honest, it very hard to detect if you never own the phone b4, but think again, if u have the phone b4, why u buying it again?

The above is the main reason why certain forum are more popular for buying/selling original product than others.

Added on February 7, 2011, 12:55 am
QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Feb 6 2011, 02:40 PM)
did u try checking the IMEI?

*#06#
*#0000#

?
*#0000#

Detail as below:

V20.0.016
16-04-09
RM - 320
Nokia N95 (12.01)

This post has been edited by deng8895: Feb 7 2011, 12:55 AM
bopiang
post Feb 7 2011, 01:36 AM

Getting Started
208 posts

post picta of the phone with the icons. ?
Apis_LuaLua
post Feb 7 2011, 04:12 PM

@ Top Club in Inguland @
Group Icon
Staff
4,461 posts

did ravi6662 has been informed regarding this dispute?

This post has been edited by Apis_LuaLua: Feb 7 2011, 04:13 PM
deng8895
post Feb 9 2011, 12:43 AM

Enthusiast
788 posts

QUOTE(Apis_LuaLua @ Feb 7 2011, 04:12 PM)
did ravi6662 has been informed regarding this dispute?
Already mention i will make complain about him in dispute corner. However, i have also just pm him about this thread

Picture

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Apis_LuaLua
post Feb 9 2011, 08:20 AM

@ Top Club in Inguland @
Group Icon
Staff
4,461 posts

QUOTE(deng8895 @ Feb 9 2011, 12:46 AM)
Picture
i can tell u its china straightaway by looking at the font (maxis, message, camera etc).. so sorry for your case. wink.gif
WhatMan
post Feb 9 2011, 12:28 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

My father bought this unit too for about RM3XX.

At first sight, I thought it was original especially when you never hold a real N95 before.

Upon further inspection it became quite obvious that it is fake.

Anyway, Ravi6662 clearly knows its a fake but point out that its real since he provide the link to a website showing the original N95.
Dixon93
post Feb 9 2011, 02:17 PM

huh what?
827 posts

as a owner of N95 8GB, i can say that without proper inspection it's pretty alike with the original one (the housing). but one thing china phone always ignore is the fonts.. their fonts always looks weird compared to original one..
indeed next time when you cod phone also need to try out the wifi function as well.. (although many china phones have wifi now)
btw i hold a high quality fake N95 8Gb before, and the feel and weight is slightly diff with the original one..
abubin
post Feb 9 2011, 05:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,204 posts

not everyone have the chance to hold a real phone before and can tell a fake and real especially if there are close to 100% real.

I read a lot of ppl got conned when they buy iphone from shop and it is actually china iphone. A lot of people do not know or cannot tell a fake and real easily as they are just normal users.

This is clearly a scam job. Seller need to be responsible for this. I suggest TS lodge a police report. Hope that you have enough of his details.
juruteknikmuda89
post Feb 10 2011, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

looks very similar to original..even i cant tell the differences..
ripalo
post Feb 10 2011, 04:28 PM

Casual
461 posts

QUOTE(juruteknikmuda89 @ Feb 10 2011, 12:24 PM)
looks very similar to original..even i cant tell the differences..
agreed. very similar to the original. very hard to differentiate. especially if previously you waren't a Nokia user, you wouldn't notice the font is different or not.
deng8895
post Feb 13 2011, 02:21 AM

Enthusiast
788 posts

I don't think i can get back my money from him as he don't seem to care.

Can someone teach me how to ban him from Lowyat.net?

I felt very angry and cheated because I save up RM400 for a phone with GPS and wifi, but end up with a phone that has spec lousier than my Nokia 6300.

I am a fresh grad only and that amount is quite alot for me...
Apis_LuaLua
post Feb 13 2011, 02:35 AM

@ Top Club in Inguland @
Group Icon
Staff
4,461 posts

u may want to try TTPM.. read from newspapers days ago that 2 of the victims that inform to them have won their case. 1 of them, a young girl won his case which is a misleading spec of phone (something like that, i m not sure) tongue.gif
ripalo
post Feb 13 2011, 03:10 PM

Casual
461 posts

QUOTE(Apis_LuaLua @ Feb 13 2011, 03:35 AM)
u may want to try TTPM.. read from newspapers days ago that 2 of the victims that inform to them have won their case. 1 of them, a young girl won his case which is a misleading spec of phone (something like that, i m not sure) tongue.gif
Thanks for the TTPM link Apis...haha...will make it to good use whenever I get something not in good quality.
B0uNceR
post Feb 14 2011, 06:31 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(deng8895 @ Feb 7 2011, 12:42 AM)

Added on February 7, 2011, 12:55 am

*#0000#

Detail as below:

V20.0.016
16-04-09
RM - 320
Nokia N95 (12.01)
Bro, i really feel sorry for you man... Im also using n95 8gb...From the housing it looks similar to genuine phone.

After seeing the above info, i checked in my phone and this was mine :

V 35.0.001
11-11-09
RM-320
Nokia N95 (12.01)

Wow man...The clone phone also display the same info as the genuine doh.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0419sec    2.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 09:28 PM