12 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Long term use of Sierra Glow result?

views

Termibait
post Jun 20 2016, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(subaru555 @ Jun 20 2016, 11:46 AM)
that's the thing I don't get it with all these so called coatings etc!!!!

After you coat, they advise you to wash your car after rain, wash your car if got bird droppings, this and that wash wash.. If like that, why on earth I need to do coating????? I rather have it normal wax and wash the car as per advised!!!!! doh.gif
Which is why after 2 years of suffering, i decided to forget about the water beading effect. it is just too troublesome which i have to give up eventually. now i can say i feel more relax even i dont wash my car for 2 weeks.

QUOTE(windskill @ Jun 20 2016, 01:00 PM)
That's weird. Supposedly one shouldn't need to take care the coating with IPA. It just doesn't make sense for the detailing shop to ask you to do that.  sad.gif
Tell me about it. dry.gif
vincent_on9
post Jun 20 2016, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(subaru555 @ Jun 20 2016, 11:46 AM)
that's the thing I don't get it with all these so called coatings etc!!!!

After you coat, they advise you to wash your car after rain, wash your car if got bird droppings, this and that wash wash.. If like that, why on earth I need to do coating????? I rather have it normal wax and wash the car as per advised!!!!! doh.gif
yea haha. just need to tahan temptation of sending your car for coating at the first year of ownership and you will forget about it.

Just add RM10 for "water wax" in your neighbourhood car wash, your car have the water-beading effect and shines also rclxm9.gif

If you want it looks cleaner just clay it yourself half a year though...depends on your OCD level biggrin.gif

windskill
post Jun 20 2016, 03:03 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Jun 20 2016, 02:05 PM)
Which is why after 2 years of suffering, i decided to forget about the water beading effect. it is just too troublesome which i have to give up eventually. now i can say i feel more relax even i dont wash my car for 2 weeks.
Tell me about it.  dry.gif
The primary use of IPA is to remove the oil/residue left from compound/polish product. During paint corrections stage, IPA helps to reveal the remaining paint defects which might be masked by the polish residue. Another use of IPA is to provide a fresh, cleaner surface for coating to bond with prior to coating application.

Unless the coating might suffer premature deterioration due to oil after bonded with the paint, which I have never heard of, consumer shouldn't need to take extra steps to wipe the coating with IPA.
Termibait
post Jun 20 2016, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(windskill @ Jun 20 2016, 03:03 PM)
The primary use of IPA is to remove the oil/residue left from compound/polish product. During paint corrections stage, IPA helps to reveal the remaining paint defects which might be masked by the polish residue. Another use of IPA is to provide a fresh, cleaner surface for coating to bond with prior to coating application.

Unless the coating might suffer premature deterioration due to oil after bonded with the paint, which I have never heard of,  consumer shouldn't need to take extra steps to wipe the coating with IPA.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Now i know the reason.
windskill
post Jun 20 2016, 05:33 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Jun 20 2016, 03:52 PM)
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Now i know the reason.
You're welcome =) regular normal wash will do for coated car.
SUSMNet
post Jun 20 2016, 08:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

After coat, if not satisfied, can we remove the coating?
windskill
post Jun 20 2016, 09:05 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jun 20 2016, 08:04 PM)
After coat, if not satisfied, can we remove the coating?
Coating can be removed by physically abrade it, meaning have to polish it.
kokanchai
post Dec 1 2016, 08:44 PM

On my way
645 posts

i have install coating the sierra glow since 2012 new car during that time

after that..i am giving up. why? i am not satisfied

after a month or two..my pearl white is getting a lot of dust and dirt.

is all bullshit talk.it say it going use plain water wash can be removed.

second that..it make no different when i go do outside polish or wax.

i don't see any big different, why should i need pay more ...if i can going for wax or polish Rm 100 every 3-6 months outside.

my review is..if you keep maintenance washing every week. you not need go do coating.

This post has been edited by kokanchai: Dec 1 2016, 08:44 PM
gold member
post Dec 1 2016, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

IMHO, sometimes with the so-called sophisticated coating we tend to forget the purpose of painting nowadays. I think if coating has to be long lasting, there should be some "cure" process. Some of the so called chemical coating does not convincing at all as it takes equally efforts to maintain the coating. If want better "surface", I would suggest start from good paint job.
kluseng
post Dec 2 2016, 01:06 AM

Casual
473 posts

Some of the coating jacks up the price by offering 7 years warranty. Believe me, you probably won't be able to take full advantage of the 7 years warranty. In 3 years you may not even bother to maintain the coating and forfeit the warranty. You may not even keep your car for 7 years. Don't waste your money going for super long warranty.
SUSMNet
post Dec 2 2016, 08:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

QUOTE(kokanchai @ Dec 1 2016, 08:44 PM)

i don't see any big different, why should i need pay more ...if i can going for wax or polish Rm 100 every 3-6 months outside.
my review is..if you keep maintenance washing every week. you not need go do coating.
If u wash every week, ur car paint will become not shiny.
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Dec 3 2016, 10:41 AM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(kokanchai @ Dec 1 2016, 08:44 PM)

true.

polish + wax every 2 months will do the trick

coating is just mehhh
aaron1717
post Dec 3 2016, 12:12 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Dec 3 2016, 10:41 AM)
true.

polish + wax every 2 months will do the trick

coating is just mehhh
coating just use groupon buy enough already... no need purposely do those coating gt 5 years warranty bla bla bla... not worth it.... if wanna pay for it... just use the money for wrapping better....
heart strings
post May 22 2017, 09:38 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

just to add on, this sierra glow is crap. one of my car is coated by sierra glow and this mr. chong said no need to wax/polish, bla bla bla. just wash as normal. so i did what he asked. couple of months down the road, the coating was completely gone!. so i bring my car for him to inspect and guess what he said? oh, that's because you sent your car to polish/wax hence there is some swirl mark (which i never did, why would i wanna pay for a coating and then send my car to polish and wax?). he said he can re-coat back the car but with additional RM450 to remove the swirl mark and apply another layer of coating. i told him no and walk away. he just laughed. yeah, mr. chong can sound like a good guy / knowledgeable but deep down he's just a greedy businessman that doesn't keep his words. 5 years warranty is a lie.

016-3452913 - Mr Chong/SCAMMER - if you read this, you should know how you cheated me.

This post has been edited by heart strings: May 22 2017, 09:45 PM
SUSMNet
post May 23 2017, 07:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

please escalate to their HQ
kluseng
post May 23 2017, 08:27 PM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(heart strings @ May 22 2017, 09:38 PM)
just to add on, this sierra glow is crap. one of my car is coated by sierra glow and this mr. chong said no need to wax/polish, bla bla bla. just wash as normal. so i did what he asked. couple of months down the road, the coating was completely gone!. so i bring my car for him to inspect and guess what he said? oh, that's because you sent your car to polish/wax hence there is some swirl mark (which i never did, why would i wanna pay for a coating and then send my car to polish and wax?). he said he can re-coat back the car but with additional RM450 to remove the swirl mark and apply another layer of coating. i told him no and walk away. he just laughed. yeah, mr. chong can sound like a good guy / knowledgeable but deep down he's just a greedy businessman that doesn't keep his words. 5 years warranty is a lie.

016-3452913 - Mr Chong/SCAMMER - if you read this,  you should know how you cheated me.
What a rip-off! How much did you spend on the sierra glow? All these coatings and their claims are nothing more than borderline scams. Fortunately you did not spend another RM450 or it will be just throwing good money after bad.
sonicmaster
post Sep 5 2018, 10:52 PM

Casual
431 posts

Anyone Able to update on SG?
darren_yuri
post Nov 28 2018, 01:39 AM

Casual
313 posts

Planning to send my other car which is a Renault Captur for a Sierra Glow treatment.

Packages offered currently
For all Sierra Glow customers, we have 3 great choices:
1. SG-6 Coating
2. Blue Flame Technology with SG-6
3. Blue Flame Technology with Luminosity (SG-7)
For Renault Captur, they offered:
5 years warranty
1. SG-6 will be RM1,550.
2. Blue flame with SG-6 will be RM2,550.

10 years warranty
3. Blue flame with Luminosity (SG-7) will be RM3,550.
This is their warranty:
Sierra Glow has a No Nonsense 5 Year Warranty. While our car coating package is spectacular, we want you to know that paint won't fade or oxidize. You do not need to bring your car back to us for servicing or maintenance, your warranty has no conditions.
Also, if you do have an accident, just fix the damage and bring your car back to us.  We will re-coat with our coating on the resprayed area FOC. Yes, FOC.
Finally, if you are unhappy with your shine or coat, please bring your car in for our assessment and touch up.  We do up to 3 panels (car sections) FOC...
this is why we call it "no nonsense."
Regarding silica purity (which is the material of their product)
1. SG-6 is one layer with 98.5% silica content.
2. Blue Flame with SG-6 is two layers. Blue Flame Primer Silica and SG-6 (98.5% Silica)
3. Blue Flame with Luminosity (SG-7) is two layers.

However, we able to do up to 5-10 layer as per customer request. Each layer top up will cost RM450-RM550. But we don't recommend so (multi layers) as one layer with pure silica content good enough.
Will update here once I have completed this treatment.
wankhalil
post Dec 5 2018, 09:46 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(darren_yuri @ Nov 28 2018, 01:39 AM)
Planning to send my other car which is a Renault Captur for a Sierra Glow treatment.

Packages offered currently
For Renault Captur, they offered:
This is their warranty:
Regarding silica purity (which is the material of their product)
Will update here once I have completed this treatment.
How was it?
Care to share the result after coating?
darren_yuri
post Dec 11 2018, 02:43 PM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(wankhalil @ Dec 5 2018, 09:46 PM)
How was it?
Care to share the result after coating?
Not yet, I am planning to send the car to the shop soon.
I will share the experiences and results after coating, and possibly future results too.

Just to keep this post alive

12 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0322sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:48 AM