Here a speedtest of my line.. nothing wrong right ? Normal speed a 4mb acc
as a control i test with a US and a EU server both downloading two different file type. (MKV and RAR)
Note: both file downloaded are from the same server and total of 8 connection to the server
Here are the result of my experiment, if this is true, they did the worse thing is broadband history
EU server (Germany)
RAR file type
MKV file type
US SERVER ( Washington)
RAR file type
MKV file Type
i have confirm this with few of my friend and they also say they have slow speed downloading AVI and MKV file but full speed for other file type like RAR.. Can anymore people here confirm this suspicion ?
POST YOUR SCREENSHOT AND IP RANGE HERE IF U ARE FACING THIS BLOODY THROTTLING BY TMNUT
PLS HIDE YOUR FILE NAME.. ONLY SHOW YOUR YOUR EXTENSION AND YOUR SPEED[
Reason: Keep this thread ware free
Update & Solution Removed --> Thanks To TM spies
REASON: THEY ARE USING IT AS THEIR MONITORING SITE & THERE EVIDENCE THEY ARE TRYING TO THROTTLE THOSE METHOD POSTED
PS: i will not make any update nor solution anymore.. MY suggestion for now USE VPN for everything
Due to impending danger TM might throttle the method we posted as there already worrying rumors TM is using this threads to monitor us and there evidence TM is already try to throttle the method we earlier posted.. It removed for future shield !
Only Solution suggested for now is use VPN !
Mass send this Email to TMNet
Streamyx acc: <insert your login acc>
Telephone NO: <streamy house number>
Area: <whre you live>
Contact No: <hp number>
1. I would like to highlight the throttling service done by TM on various file download. This is unacceptable as this is the violation of Ministry Of Information and Technology policy of no censorship of the Internet. I would like to inform that throttling is also part of censorship of the Internet. This clearly shows that TM is not upholding the "MSC Malaysia 10-Point Bill of Guarantees" which indicates that as part of its commitment to ensuring the success of MSC Status companies, the Government promised to “ensure no Internet censorship” where TM is throttling media file download.
2. I am also well informed that TM have start to throttle media file such as MKV and AVI file via http download. There are few evidences which i will include that have suggested TM have start to throttle media file. There also already an online community (http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1507300) set up to highlight this matter to various streamyx users and comments by fellow users of the throttling service. Various user have also posted evidence of their download been throttled.
3. As stated in your website's Fair Usage Policy, "This traffic prioritization policy will protect the quality of service for the majority of our customers when they use the service, while at the same time, still allowing the extremely heavy users to continue to send and receive files with certain restrictions. With this policy in place, we will prioritize Internet activities like web browsing, live streaming, messaging applications and VOIP access while traffic to P2P sites will be given lower priority, due to the high bandwidth consumption of such services. However, I would like to highlight that live streaming on other streaming site other than Youtube.com used HTTP media file like mkv, mp4 and avi file and not the same as P2P and Torrent. With the throttling done, streaming to various media website have become unbearable slow or even face connection time out. So, what is the base of the fair usage policy whereas TM couldn't even define "prioritize Internet activities" and caused dissatisfaction among customers?
4. If the throttling is part of a program to curb illegal download is acceptable. However, legal downloads like from itunes which users pay for the media file download when face such throttling is totally unacceptable. Based on the attachment i provided, we could clearly see that MKV file is throttle up to 20KBps only while RAR file is able to get reasonable good speed. It should be noted that both file is download from the same media server of the same streaming website. This is hard evidence that throttling is been done on my internet line and so does to other user in the online community that are facing such same issues.
5. I am well aware that termination of services can be done if the services is totally below par. If TM couldn't provide proper services and remove this throttling service, a complain to SKMM or CFM would be done because TM couldn't satisfy an average customer and violation of Internet Policy.
Lastly, I am totally disappointed with your services and I hope that a good explanation would be provided and lifting up the throttling would be the smartest option. If there are no proper explanation given, I would like to terminate the service and forward this complain to SKMM and CFM regarding this issue.
<Attach your screen shot your throttled download speed.. with mkv download and rar download.. show and higlight the speed different>
Contact No: <hp number>
This post has been edited by vapeace: Aug 3 2010, 02:12 AM