Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
131 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TMnet throttle MKV, AVI and PPS mayb Youtube !, Solution Removed Thank to 007 SPY (Streamyx)

views

TSvapeace
post Jul 29 2010, 08:42 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
217 posts

i have just notice this today.. TMNUT start to throttle file type download ?
Here a speedtest of my line.. nothing wrong right ? Normal speed a 4mb acc

user posted image

as a control i test with a US and a EU server both downloading two different file type. (MKV and RAR)
Note: both file downloaded are from the same server and total of 8 connection to the server

Here are the result of my experiment, if this is true, they did the worse thing is broadband history
EU server (Germany)

RAR file type

user posted image

MKV file type

user posted image

US SERVER ( Washington)

RAR file type

user posted image

MKV file Type

user posted image

i have confirm this with few of my friend and they also say they have slow speed downloading AVI and MKV file but full speed for other file type like RAR.. Can anymore people here confirm this suspicion ?

POST YOUR SCREENSHOT AND IP RANGE HERE IF U ARE FACING THIS BLOODY THROTTLING BY TMNUT
PLS HIDE YOUR FILE NAME.. ONLY SHOW YOUR YOUR EXTENSION AND YOUR SPEED[

Reason: Keep this thread ware free

Update & Solution Removed --> Thanks To TM spies
REASON: THEY ARE USING IT AS THEIR MONITORING SITE & THERE EVIDENCE THEY ARE TRYING TO THROTTLE THOSE METHOD POSTED

PS: i will not make any update nor solution anymore.. MY suggestion for now USE VPN for everything sweat.gif sweat.gif

To all user here

Due to impending danger TM might throttle the method we posted as there already worrying rumors TM is using this threads to monitor us and there evidence TM is already try to throttle the method we earlier posted.. It removed for future shield !

Only Solution suggested for now is use VPN !
PAGE 56

Mass send this Email to TMNet

To whom it may concern.

Streamyx acc: <insert your login acc>
Telephone NO: <streamy house number>
Area: <whre you live>
Contact No: <hp number>

1. I would like to highlight the throttling service done by TM on various file download. This is unacceptable as this is the violation of Ministry Of Information and Technology policy of no censorship of the Internet. I would like to inform that throttling is also part of censorship of the Internet. This clearly shows that TM is not upholding the "MSC Malaysia 10-Point Bill of Guarantees" which indicates that as part of its commitment to ensuring the success of MSC Status companies, the Government promised to “ensure no Internet censorship” where TM is throttling media file download.

2. I am also well informed that TM have start to throttle media file such as MKV and AVI file via http download. There are few evidences which i will include that have suggested TM have start to throttle media file. There also already an online community (http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1507300) set up to highlight this matter to various streamyx users and comments by fellow users of the throttling service. Various user have also posted evidence of their download been throttled. 

3. As stated in your website's Fair Usage Policy, "This traffic prioritization policy will protect the quality of service for the majority of our customers when they use the service, while at the same time, still allowing the extremely heavy users to continue to send and receive files with certain restrictions. With this policy in place, we will prioritize Internet activities like web browsing, live streaming, messaging applications and VOIP access while traffic to P2P sites will be given lower priority, due to the high bandwidth consumption of such services. However, I would like to highlight that live streaming on other streaming site other than Youtube.com used HTTP media file like mkv, mp4 and avi file and not the same as P2P and Torrent. With the throttling done, streaming to various media website have become unbearable slow or even face connection time out. So, what is the base of the fair usage policy whereas TM couldn't even define "prioritize Internet activities" and caused dissatisfaction among customers?

4. If the throttling is part of a program to curb illegal download is acceptable. However, legal downloads like from itunes which users pay for the media file download when face such throttling is totally unacceptable. Based on the attachment i provided, we could clearly see that MKV file is throttle up to 20KBps only while RAR file is able to get reasonable good speed. It should be noted that both file is download from the same media server of the same streaming website. This is hard evidence that throttling is been done on my internet line and so does to other user in the online community that are facing such same issues.

5. I am well aware that termination of services can be done if the services is totally below par. If TM couldn't provide proper services and remove this throttling service, a complain to SKMM or CFM would be done because TM couldn't satisfy an average customer and violation of Internet Policy.

Lastly, I am totally disappointed with your services and I hope that a good explanation would be provided and lifting up the throttling would be the smartest option. If there are no proper explanation given, I would like to terminate the service and forward this complain to SKMM and CFM regarding this issue.

<Attach your screen shot your throttled download speed.. with mkv download and rar download.. show and higlight the speed different>
Thank You
<your name>
Contact No: <hp number>
send this email to [email protected]

This post has been edited by vapeace: Aug 3 2010, 02:12 AM
Wan
post Jul 29 2010, 08:48 PM

Glory Hunter
Group Icon
Elite
4,170 posts

Confirmed.
TM with their genius move again. Well done, bozos.
TSvapeace
post Jul 29 2010, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Wan @ Jul 29 2010, 09:48 PM)
Confirmed.
TM with their genius move again. Well done, bozos.
post your download screenshoot pls.. let us all here confirm this
kokweng1
post Jul 29 2010, 08:58 PM

Poring
861 posts

oh , now i notice...
yesterday torrent still 400kB/s
now < 30kB/s
TSvapeace
post Jul 29 2010, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(kokweng1 @ Jul 29 2010, 09:58 PM)
oh , now i notice...
yesterday torrent still 400kB/s
now < 30kB/s
your torrent is under video file type ?
acad615
post Jul 29 2010, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

same here =x
TSvapeace
post Jul 29 2010, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(acad615 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:01 PM)
same here =x
can post screeshot of your download speed ?
yangxi
post Jul 29 2010, 09:03 PM

Violinist ^.^ 囧 囧
4,188 posts

i know TMNUT do some experiment last night. (download speed all slow down) >.<
TSvapeace
post Jul 29 2010, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(yangxi @ Jul 29 2010, 10:03 PM)
i know TMNUT do some experiment last night.  (download speed all slow down)  >.<
speed slow ok.. but file type throttling is worse

TMnut have break the limit liao
kokweng1
post Jul 29 2010, 09:09 PM

Poring
861 posts

QUOTE(vapeace @ Jul 29 2010, 09:00 PM)
your torrent is under video file type ?
Yea , all video file usualy i dl is .mkv ..since 720 / 1080 mostly mkv only >.>
user posted image

erm ..update 1 : speed increase to < 70kB/s

...update 2: reach 150kB/s but still under 200...and it keep spike and jump around 80 ~ 150

This post has been edited by kokweng1: Jul 29 2010, 09:10 PM
Turnip
post Jul 29 2010, 09:12 PM

bonjour beau là-bas
1,094 posts

Im glad that this thread came up.
I thought my router is problematic.

damn u TM.
TSvapeace
post Jul 29 2010, 09:12 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(kokweng1 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:09 PM)
Yea , all video file usualy i dl is .mkv ..since 720 / 1080 mostly mkv only >.>
user posted image

erm ..update 1 : speed increase to < 70kB/s

...update 2: reach 150kB/s but still under 200...and it keep spike and jump around 80 ~ 150
i see u like the bouncy boobs of HOTD brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif i use http to downlaod rather than torrent

ok joke aside.. can any else post their screenshot here

Added on July 29, 2010, 9:16 pm
QUOTE(Turnip @ Jul 29 2010, 10:12 PM)
Im glad that this thread came up.
I thought my router is problematic.

damn u TM.
my 1st suspicion is that too

change modem.. still same
change to few ip.. still same
restart pc ...still same

i finally gave up.. so i though slow better i download few file same time.. mayb can get full

coincidentally the second file i download was rar file... then i notice the different speed.. decide to further test it..
now is confirm.. TM have start file type throttling vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by vapeace: Jul 29 2010, 09:16 PM
rafieq
post Jul 29 2010, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

yeah its has been 3 day since they throttle like this

Attached Image

Attached Image

andyz
post Jul 29 2010, 09:19 PM

On my way
502 posts

Unifi no problem ...

user posted image
SUSautoman5891
post Jul 29 2010, 09:20 PM

16 posts

TM doing core network upgrade recently so maybe there is problem. If still like this later then is file type throttling like how they throttle all flv type. Try reporting to MCMC.
pillowman
post Jul 29 2010, 09:22 PM

43 posts

this problem started exactly 3 days ago for me...sigh...

vmad.gif
rafieq
post Jul 29 2010, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(andyz @ Jul 29 2010, 09:19 PM)
Unifi no problem ...
maybe ur ip fall at unaffected range for the throttle. coz one forumer here he said certain IP not throttle yet.
exentric_nova
post Jul 29 2010, 09:24 PM

I Am Serious
1,702 posts

This happened to me last night. I had a TorrentFlux server and the download was way too slow. Something around 30KB/s. Tested with speedtest, the speed was fine but the download was hell slow. I thought it was just some random issue so I didn't pay much attention to it, especially since it disappeared this morning. Means I am currently downloading at full speed at this moment (400KB/s).
ycs
post Jul 29 2010, 09:25 PM

3,394 posts

since past 1/2 days, torrent cannot reach full 4M speed unlike previously

it appears somehow to be capped at <200kBps and no of seeds connection is also low
ctphua
post Jul 29 2010, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(rafieq @ Jul 29 2010, 09:19 PM)
yeah its has been 3 day since they throttle like this

Attached Image

Attached Image
QUOTE(andyz @ Jul 29 2010, 09:19 PM)
Unifi no problem ...

user posted image
can tell me what is the download program u are using?

131 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0315sec    1.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2021 - 07:02 PM