Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Starcraft 2 FAQ, All your Starcfrat 2 Q&A

views

Quazacolt
post Aug 3 2010, 01:27 PM

Riding couple
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Aug 3 2010, 12:25 PM)
Thankyou help apreciated.
Dei you seriously just coffee paste everything without reading? Rofl
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 3 2010, 02:22 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Aug 3 2010, 01:27 PM)
Dei you seriously just coffee paste everything without reading? Rofl
Too long and Im at work la
Quazacolt
post Aug 3 2010, 05:42 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Aug 3 2010, 02:22 PM)
Too long and Im at work la
later slowly add no prob la lol. dont so tention, chillax. thumbup.gif
ericpires
post Aug 3 2010, 05:55 PM

Arsenal FC

How do u see APM in the game?
Quazacolt
post Aug 3 2010, 06:00 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(ericpires @ Aug 3 2010, 05:55 PM)
How do u see APM in the game?
you may need a 3rd party addon or w/e during game, which i have no idea of. however, its natively built in during replay views.
deodorant
post Aug 4 2010, 11:33 AM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.

Doesn't say in the faq, so forgive me for asking.

My brother who lives in UK, bought a copy of SC2 from a local retailer. Therefore, he should be in the EU server ... right? And therefore there is also no way I (with an SEA acct) will be able to play with him because even in the future us SEA ppl can only play with SEA server + US server ... right?
Quazacolt
post Aug 4 2010, 11:38 AM

Riding couple

QUOTE(deodorant @ Aug 4 2010, 11:33 AM)
Doesn't say in the faq, so forgive me for asking.

My brother who lives in UK, bought a copy of SC2 from a local retailer.  Therefore, he should be in the EU server ... right? And therefore there is also no way I (with an SEA acct) will be able to play with him because even in the future us SEA ppl can only play with SEA server + US server ... right?
Q: If i wanted to play sc2 with my american friends on US server and local buddies on SEA server, Do i have to buy 2 copies?
A: for the time being, yes. However blizzard has mentioned to allow cross region/servers playability few months down the road after release. Refer sources here and here.

http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/bashio...ss-region-play/

=edit=
to further clarify:

that is before SEA announcing the x-region to US within 60 days time

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Aug 4 2010, 11:40 AM
Holyboyz
post Aug 4 2010, 03:17 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hey if i have a friends US version can i use a SEA version to install the game and use a fiends US key to play?
deodorant
post Aug 4 2010, 04:15 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.

@quaza ah i see. so i conclude that i (SEA version) can't play with my brother (EU version) for now, but "a few months down the road" it might be possible (according to blizzard).

@holyboyz as far as i know, cannot. Example if I have US version SC2 installed, when I try to login using my bnet acct with a SEA version SC2, it will say no SC2 game available.

Anyway, just a thought. It's possible to install and play on multiple machines so long as only one is logged in to bnet at a time. But for single player, you can choose to play offline instead of logging in to bnet. Therefore, theoretically speaking is it not possible to use my bnet login to 'activate' a friend/sister/brother/whoever's machine for single player, then that person can then happily campaign away in offline mode all he/she wants?
fire_chrome
post Aug 4 2010, 04:23 PM

Getting Started

Q: how to change avatar in SC2?
Quazacolt
post Aug 4 2010, 04:35 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Aug 4 2010, 03:17 PM)
Hey if i have a friends US version can i use a SEA version to install the game and use a fiends US key to play?
AFAIK, no. unless you know how to modify the file that specifies which server (us or SEA) it connects to.

in fact, for the SEA ability to play with US server, blizzard is offering the US client download atm.
ericpires
post Aug 4 2010, 04:36 PM

Arsenal FC

QUOTE(fire_chrome @ Aug 4 2010, 04:23 PM)
Q: how to change avatar in SC2?
Go to your profile - Go to Rewards. U can change it there smile.gif
Quazacolt
post Aug 4 2010, 04:38 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(deodorant @ Aug 4 2010, 04:15 PM)
@quaza ah i see. so i conclude that i (SEA version) can't play with my brother (EU version) for now, but "a few months down the road" it might be possible (according to blizzard).

@holyboyz as far as i know, cannot. Example if I have US version SC2 installed, when I try to login using my bnet acct with a SEA version SC2, it will say no SC2 game available.

Anyway, just a thought. It's possible to install and play on multiple machines so long as only one is logged in to bnet at a time. But for single player, you can choose to play offline instead of logging in to bnet. Therefore, theoretically speaking is it not possible to use my bnet login to 'activate' a friend/sister/brother/whoever's machine for single player, then that person can then happily campaign away in offline mode all he/she wants?
yeap.

as for that, theoretically it could work so long you're only wanting to play the single player campaign. its a fact after all you can install sc2 on as many machines as you want. though most definitely is that you still need to login at least once on each machine.

i've never tried that (nor heard of it being tried before heh) therefore i wont be able to provide a definitive answer. so if you're really curious on that, go ahead and give it a spin and let us know. i know my sister would be delighted if it was possible as she loves sc1 and would like to play sc2 too tongue.gif (and im a cheapskate to buy her a copy OLOLOLOLOL)
NeRzhUl
post Aug 5 2010, 01:36 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(deodorant @ Aug 4 2010, 04:15 PM)

Haha. I too bought the European version. Didn't know at that time. Still haven't received my copy though.
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 5 2010, 02:28 PM

Regular

does anyone know how do you look for friends here http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/54033/1/uplandz/ ?

This post has been edited by fujkenasai: Aug 5 2010, 02:29 PM
Quazacolt
post Aug 5 2010, 03:36 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Aug 5 2010, 02:28 PM)
does anyone know how do you look for friends here http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/54033/1/uplandz/ ?
need someone to give the codes for now... didnt got the search functions to work lol
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 5 2010, 03:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Aug 5 2010, 03:36 PM)
need someone to give the codes for now... didnt got the search functions to work lol
So i guess its impossible for me to update whos diamon, plat, stats atm sad.gif

Why do we all get Aus flag instead of malaysian flag?

This post has been edited by fujkenasai: Aug 5 2010, 03:52 PM
Quazacolt
post Aug 5 2010, 04:02 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Aug 5 2010, 03:42 PM)
So i guess its impossible for me to update whos diamon, plat, stats atm sad.gif

Why do we all get Aus flag instead of malaysian flag?
you so free is it? LOL
styrwr91
post Aug 5 2010, 07:50 PM

~ON THE WAY~

i jst installed sc2 in another desktop in my house, but my update client wont update...the orange box on the top right which are suppose to show the update % is blank...den after a long wait the status box on the top left says finished and the play button is clickable, bt once i click, screen go black (assuming the game is starting) but it jump right back to desktop, saying starcraft 2 needs an update.....help? tat dint happened during my first installation in my laptop...my desktop is running on vista while my laptop is running w7...help appreciated
Quazacolt
post Aug 5 2010, 08:57 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(styrwr91 @ Aug 5 2010, 07:50 PM)
i jst installed sc2 in another desktop in my house, but my update client wont update...the orange box on the top right which are suppose to show the update % is blank...den after a long wait the status box on the top left says finished and the play button is clickable, bt once i click, screen go black (assuming the game is starting) but it jump right back to desktop, saying starcraft 2 needs an update.....help? tat dint happened during my first installation in my laptop...my desktop is running on vista while my laptop is running w7...help appreciated
copy/paste this question on the troubleshooting thread, and dont forget to include your desktop specs

also, just in case, do update your drivers/win patches/service packs etc.

22 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1026sec    2.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2019 - 07:29 PM