Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Starcraft 2 FAQ, All your Starcfrat 2 Q&A

views

TSfujkenasai
post Jul 29 2010, 04:20 PM, updated 9y ago

Regular
1,137 posts

Starcraft 2 FAQ

Updated the FAQ to add in the posting format as well.
FAQ Session
(PLEASE refer this post before you spam the thread with regionlock/blizz sux/activision sux/shit no werk posts)

Q: Where can i buy Starcraft 2?
You may refer from IAH official website here: http://blizzard.iahgames.com/wheretobuy.html#_malaysia
Additionally, you may purchase from others sellers on LYN or online stores. However it will be impossible to list all of them out here, and it would be biased to list just a select few. Please use the search function and/or follow through this very sc2 thread as the sellers themselves are also Active posters within this thread thank you.

Q: How much is Starcraft 2 priced?
A: For SEA region, it is priced MYR248. For US region, it is priced at USD60 (59.9 to be exact, but seriously, lol)
Do note that sellers will be selling cheaper than the standard price to draw in potential buyers, and may or may not include freebies such as dog tags and/or t-shirts. Other than that, NO DIFFERENCE.

Q: Is my computer able to support Starcraft 2? (aka the system requirements)
A: The official System requirements is not 'quite yet' released, however based on the beta and tech support information, it is as follows:

Source: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml...42&locale=en_US

Q: I still do not know how much HDD space i should free despite reading the above rclxub.gif
A: It's ok, I will further elaborate:

Q: Is Starcraft II region restricted?
A: Yes

Q: Is there any monthly subscription?
A: For the SEA and US version, no. However there is an optional subscription based service for the Russian version and some other regions/versions.

Q: If i wanted to play sc2 with my american friends on US server and local buddies on SEA server, Do i have to buy 2 copies?
A: for the time being, yes. However blizzard has mentioned to allow cross region/servers playability few months down the road after release. Refer sources here and here.

Q: Will Starcraft 2 work if i just copy and paste it on another machine without installing/patching again?
A: Yes. As starting from Blizzard's World of Warcraft, and now Starcraft 2 they no longer rely on Windows Registry. Ideally, it is recommended to complete your patching and confirm that your sc2 is able to run/login before copying to another machine.

Q: If i just started the beta now, will i need to patch from the beginning?
A: Yes and no, starting phase 2 there is a large "cumulated" patch so you'll kinda be patching just that patch. Alternatively, you may get external patch download mirrors that support segmented DDLs as SC2 default patching is torrent based with a blizzard server as the main seed (which is compatible to people that have torrent issues, however speeds may not be ideal)
update: it is confirmed that you start from patch 16 cumulated patch for phase 2 if you just downloaded/installed a fresh copy of SC2

Q: Can i leave the patching process overnight as i just started the beta/game and have to download from the very first patch?
A: Yes. The patching process is automated and will patch the game from beginning till current latest version.

Q: Can i install Starcraft 2 on multiple machines? eg: install on both PC and laptop
A: Yes. Your copy of starcraft 2 cd/product key merely allows you to "add" the game into your Battle.net account. And the key will be forever died to that account. In other words, it doesn't matter how many machines you install Starcraft 2 on, so long you have your b.net account added sc2 game with a valid cdkey, it will work.

Q: Will the future Starcraft 2 Expansions (Heart of the Swarm 'zerg' & Legacy of the Void 'protoss') run without the original first (Wings of Liberty)?
A: FFS, you might want to ask it when the time comes as Blizzard haven't release much, if any details about them. Though if anything, considering the past blizzard titles such as Diablo 2. World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3 etc, Yes the original will be required.

Q: Can i be added to the player list please?
A: Sure, kindly follow this format: LYN Nick + Ingame nick + Char code + Region
Thank you.

Q: Can i change my player/nick name? (such as registering a new nick name/account like we could on warcraft 3/diablo2)
A: No. Once you put in your in game char name it will be permanent. You WILL NOT be able to change it later.
As there are currently no plans to offer a name changing service, please be careful and be certain of your choice in names.

Q: What is a Character code?
A: It is a random unique non duplicate code to identify people in the event of same/similar nick name, and it can be found via hovering your mouse over your own name/profile area.

Q: What is the difference of RealID friend and Normal Friend on your friends list?
A: RealID requires acceptance from the targeted friend before you can form RealID friends. It shows their Real Life names, able to link to other Blizzard games such as World of Warcraft, and even social networking sites such as Facebook. Where else a normal friend adding only requires you to add the person (by simply right clicking the person's name > and add to friends) , and only the nick name will be showed without any of the added functionalities that RealID offers similar to the one you have on Starcraft 1/Warcraft 3 battle.net.
North American Server Access for Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Players FAQ
sauce: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=1...127906680581476
Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand StarCraft® II to Include North American Battle.net® Access

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

>i will reformat/cleanup/update once the thread is further finalized by mods/xenofreak lazy.
FAQ is updated, will continue to update as needed on common questions. PLEASE REFER HERE before posting any questions.

Regarding the data gathering IAH is trying to troubleshoot the random dc problemFAQ
http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/15451611?page=2
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

You may post this under "Q: I still do not know how much HDD space i should free despite reading the above"

Q: What is the recommended/satisfactory internet speed for Starcraft 2?
A: As many have answered, internet bandwidth has little to do with your smoothness during Starcraft 2 multiplayer game play so long you are on a connection equal or greater than 384kbit, or around/over 1mbit if you're using voice communication software and/or other bandwidth consumption applications. To summarize: the stability of your connection, and/or good latency connection would be the most important factor in your Starcraft 2 multiplayer smoothness.

you may add it below "Q: How much is Starcraft 2 priced?"

Q: Where can i buy Starcraft 2 Collector's edition?
A: It is sold out from most major sellers and the only way you can get it is through auctions and potential price hikers. That said, be prepared to pay a hefty premium for them.

Q: Will Blizzard produce more Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition?
A: Judging from past titles from Warcraft 3 to World of Warcraft, No. It is a Collector's Edition for a reason, mass producing it will only devalue it.

This post has been edited by memphiz_zero88: Oct 20 2014, 08:57 PM
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 3 2010, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Aug 2 2010, 03:45 PM)
fuj: ugpm on FAQ updates

ps: yes, i did promised you on helping out, but god damn im still lagging behind the v5 thread, so bear with me a lil ^^;;
Thankyou help apreciated.
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 3 2010, 02:22 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Aug 3 2010, 01:27 PM)
Dei you seriously just coffee paste everything without reading? Rofl
Too long and Im at work la
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 5 2010, 02:28 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

does anyone know how do you look for friends here http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/54033/1/uplandz/ ?

This post has been edited by fujkenasai: Aug 5 2010, 02:29 PM
TSfujkenasai
post Aug 5 2010, 03:42 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Aug 5 2010, 03:36 PM)
need someone to give the codes for now... didnt got the search functions to work lol
So i guess its impossible for me to update whos diamon, plat, stats atm sad.gif

Why do we all get Aus flag instead of malaysian flag?

This post has been edited by fujkenasai: Aug 5 2010, 03:52 PM
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 16 2010, 02:25 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(flutist @ Nov 15 2010, 01:16 AM)
is there any other ways to download custom maps instead of downloading them from battle net?
No only bnet I think.
TSfujkenasai
post Jun 29 2011, 11:06 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(kokming118 @ Jun 27 2011, 09:51 PM)
oh, icic... thanks. that means not ori cant play ai
Yeah go get Ori from your clooses blizzard store
TSfujkenasai
post Mar 26 2013, 11:13 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Zelda85 @ Mar 14 2013, 04:58 PM)
Yes from buy . blush.gif
I think all installation from CD also have to update XP
TSfujkenasai
post Jan 14 2015, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(melvintcs @ Jan 12 2015, 10:05 AM)
what is the fastest way to chrono boost ur forge?

what i did is:
- Press 4, 4(show forge at the center of the screen)
- Press 5 (Nexus)
- Press 'R' (Chrono Boost)
- Left click on Forge.
Ya u can do that
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 13 2015, 04:17 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(tlts @ Nov 12 2015, 06:48 AM)
WHAT>>>>>>>>>> just found out that heart of swarm and protess is NOT an expantion...it is a STANDALONE...dint know this ....awwwwwwwwww..now i can buy ONLY for heart of swarm rite....did they change it or was like this all the while?
when is black friday?
you can get both
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 13 2015, 12:53 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(tlts @ Nov 13 2015, 07:39 AM)
i just wan to play the zerk one..can rite if i buy the zerk  heart of swarm only and play it...
when is black friday ni...come come come
for heart of the swarm you need wings of liberty

QUOTE(deyamato @ Nov 13 2015, 08:56 AM)
Any retail still selling physical WoL and HoTS ? just for collection even tho i owned them .
you can get an extra copy of WoL and HoTS but not the physical copy alone
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 17 2015, 10:17 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Halfhearted04 @ Nov 17 2015, 09:13 AM)
Hi . i have a noob question.

currently on the battlenet shop. Legacy of the void is priced at USD$60

while if i change the region to taiwan the price will be NT$1000

so if converted to Ringgit it would be 260 vs 130

100% difference i quite A lot.

So i would like to know what is the difference for Malaysian if we buy from Taiwan instead of US ? or is it possible to buy from Taiwan at all .

i have never pay for any blizzard games before
for sea and us there is no difference as you can still play in all regions
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 17 2015, 02:08 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Halfhearted04 @ Nov 17 2015, 10:37 AM)
so there is absolutely no reason for me Not to go for the lower price option ?
can just check with the tw version 1st on teamliquid
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 20 2015, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Shaka Laka Bang Boom @ Nov 20 2015, 11:40 AM)
anyone know/how can/to get starcraft 2 wings of liberty collector edition in malaysia?? ebay and amazon price are so freaking crazy!!!!! or anyone willing to sell the CE pls pm me
yes freaking expensive
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 23 2015, 08:01 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Shaka Laka Bang Boom @ Nov 22 2015, 05:32 PM)
Yeaa....which is why i enquire here....anyone has any info of getting the ce other thn going for foreign imports
im looking for it too wink.gif
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 23 2015, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Nov 23 2015, 08:46 PM)
You won't be able to appreciate the story well if you skip WOL and HOTS.
not for forget vanilla SC n SC:BW

QUOTE(deyamato @ Nov 23 2015, 10:13 PM)
Yeap , will pm you after this friday.
wow still so many people want to collect even if its a simple version

now i feel like getting the old SC and SCBW sad.gif
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 24 2015, 12:29 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 24 2015, 10:55 AM)
1998, so 17 la tongue.gif

warcraft on the other hand mmg over 20 years
Warcraft: Orcs & Humans 23 November 1994

Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness December 9, 1995

wow didnt know that they are only 1 year apart, warcraft can really celebrate 21's birthday this year hehe

QUOTE(goldfries @ Nov 24 2015, 11:17 AM)
Rounded figure la. biggrin.gif That's why the word "some" there. I know it's late 90s but didn't go into detail. I remember that I was die die wanting to finish Brood Wars last mission though next day is exam (I still passed k, I pay attention in class!!!)
ur so lucky i didnt get to play at home at that time still stuck with a 486, had to go Cyber cafe to play. only get to finish the campaign when i had my own com in y2k. cry.gif

still remember schooling was all about starcraft and BGH also lol, no micro no strats then.
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 24 2015, 01:01 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Nov 24 2015, 12:37 PM)
I didn't get to play WarCraft and WarCraft II. tongue.gif
warcraft 2 was not on my com also i think 486 cant run it also then sad.gif
but none the less played on some1s com forgot already
only play warcraft 1 in own com some time latter.

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 24 2015, 12:47 PM)
no rush 20 carriers pew pew tongue.gif
haha ya 20 carriers then arbitor then observers then ya no rush that rush guy gets cursed like some hell spawn lol
all noobs

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 24 2015, 12:49 PM)
shit was too hard for me back then sad.gif

well, dos... lol.
ohh ya warcraft was on good old dos good old rts days
then cnc red alert also

still remember installing warcraft2 was a stack of 5" disks takes forever to install
cant remember my 1st cd game already
TSfujkenasai
post Nov 27 2015, 04:24 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Halfhearted04 @ Nov 26 2015, 11:19 PM)
anyone here get their paypal to work with battle net shop ? what is the secret trick ?
nope never
TSfujkenasai
post Feb 18 2016, 03:59 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(BboyDora @ Feb 17 2016, 03:16 PM)
how to find the guidelines to play the arcade game?
just click on arcade and find games

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0361sec    0.30    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:43 AM