Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Godzilla | based on the iconic Toho Co. character, company behind 300 and The Dark Knight ?

views

domcobb
post Apr 4 2021, 02:02 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

Watched it few hours ago.
Expected nothing, so the movie delivered what it was supposed to deliver i.e. brainless monster action movie.
However, it felt subpar, in more ways than one, in comparison to King of Monsters.
Even though the runtime is close to 2 hours, movie felt short.
Fight sequences between Godzilla and King Kong? Well, you almost witness most of it through the trailer, so you basically going in for the remaining 40% of it.
The real foe of the movie was somewhat revealed in the trailer, so no surprise when it showed up in the movie.
While I enjoyed its presence on the big screen, I left thinking … “That’s it?”

One thing though, just being in the cinema, gosh, the feeling … nostalgic!
Missed it so much.

This post has been edited by domcobb: Apr 4 2021, 02:06 PM
6UE5T
post Apr 5 2021, 12:25 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(domcobb @ Apr 4 2021, 02:02 PM)
Watched it few hours ago.
Expected nothing, so the movie delivered what it was supposed to deliver i.e. brainless monster action movie.
However, it felt subpar, in more ways than one, in comparison to King of Monsters.
Even though the runtime is close to 2 hours, movie felt short.
Fight sequences between Godzilla and King Kong? Well, you almost witness most of it through the trailer, so you basically going in for the remaining 40% of it.
The real foe of the movie was somewhat revealed in the trailer, so no surprise when it showed up in the movie.
While I enjoyed its presence on the big screen, I left thinking … “That’s it?”

One thing though, just being in the cinema, gosh, the feeling … nostalgic!
Missed it so much.
I also feel GKOM is a bit better than this GvK.
6so
post Apr 5 2021, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

GKOTM did a better job at expanding monsterverse lore. GvK has no build up to all the smashy punchy moments. Actually it's a mystery to me why they hired Adam Wingard who spectacularly destroyed Netflix's Death Note. To be fair he did good on You're Next and The Guest.

By far for me Kong The Skull a lot more enjoyable cause it knows exactly what kind of movie they're making.

19 Pages « < 17 18 19Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:11 PM