Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
153 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

For Small and Medium Business Owners, Come In and Share Your Biz.

views

TSedyek
post Dec 19 2009, 11:24 AM, updated 11y ago

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

The purpose I open this thread is to gather all business owners to share their experience in Small and Medium cash flow business. This will be a guide to someone out there who intends to invest in small and medium business. I share mine 1st.

*Edited - Add in Equipment, Overhead, Rental, and other cost.
*All the income shown is Gross Profit only. It is not Net Profit.

Success :

1. Car wash
Capital : 20k
a. Water Jet Pump - RM 800 (3 nos) = RM 2,400
b. Soap Bomb (Snow Wash Dispenser) = RM 700 (2nd hand) *Just fill in the soap and it will come out with snow wash, and the shape is like a bomb
c. Detergent = RM 500. Always stock 10 tong (RM 50/tong).
d. Cleaning Cloth = RM 100 (50 pieces)
e. Other miscellaneous stuff = Book, Promotion banner etc. = RM 1,000
f. Minor renovation = Concrete ramp for under car wash. M&E wiring. Minor repair to the dessert house. = RM 15k
g. Some additional cash to start the day = RM 500
Partner : 1
Location : Nearby Government Office and Residential Area. Converted a dessert house to a carwash centre.
Monthly/Daily Income : Average 55 cars daily, average RM 11 per car.
Workers : 10 workers. RM 300 per person. With commission RM 1 per car and includes lunch
Duration : Manage it for 1 year and a half and sell it off.
Opinion : Good cash flow business. Easy to manage. thumbup.gif

2. Laundry
Capital : 10k (I take over from someone who owes money to the loan shark, and he needs money urgently.) brows.gif
a. Take over all the shop which includes 2 heavy duty washing machine , 3 heavy duty dryers, 2 iron and board, etc.
Partner : None
Location : Apartment area (Approx. 5,000 units). The only laundry available as there are only 2 rows of shoplot own by the same owner and I pay slightly higher rent to the owner and signed an agreement with him not to rent to any other laundry. brows.gif
Monthly/Daily Income : RM 4 per kg (all kinds of clothes). Average income RM 25,000 per month. (Do not include contract wash from nearby reflexology centre, cafes and restaurant)
Workers : 10 workers. RM 400 per person. With commission RM 0.50 per kg and includes lunch
Duration : Manage it for 2 years and sell it off.
Opinion : Good cash flow business. For walk-in business, find location with medium/heavy populated residential area. thumbup.gif

3. Western Food Stall
Capital : 15k.
a. Minor renovation of the stall = RM 2,000
b. Additional aluminum stall = RM 3,000
b. All the equipment necessary for cooking (Utensils, Grilled Plate and Fridge stand the major portion)= RM 5,000
c. Rental = RM 3,600 (RM 1,200/month. 2 + 1)
d. Cash to buy ingredients = RM 500
d. Some additional cash to start the day = RM 500
Monthly/Daily Income : In weekdays, average 30 plates of steak. And average 50 plates during Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Average RM 15 per plate.
Workers : 6 workers. With commission RM 1 per plate.
Duration : Half a year. Sell it off to my partner.
Opinion : Need a good chef who cooks FANTASTIC FOOD! drool.gif The hours is too long and tiring. Eventually every customer has their own taste, therefore complaints are un-avoidable. rclxub.gif

4. Room Rental
Capital : 40-50k.
Refer to my thread on this. http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1240408&hl=
Monthly/Daily Income : Average income RM 2,600 per month.
Workers : 1 worker. Ah ma. Cleaning services.
Duration : 3 years. Ended setting up 8 locations and sell it off.
Opinion : Need good management. Humans are the most complicated animals on earth. Some are fussy, some are grouchy, you name it. rclxub.gif

Failure :

1. Computer Sales and Services
Partner : 2 (Too many chef spoils the broth)
Monthly/Daily Income : The peak sales is only RM 3,xxx. Lowest RM 50.
Workers : 1 worker. Based on sales commission with base salary RM 500.
Duration : Bear the lost for half a year. Lost all the 20k after deducting all things, rental deposit and etc. and still need to fork in 1k to wind up the company. vmad.gif
Opinion : Too competitive. Too lousy margin. Too many partners. Since then, I reject every computer venture that approach to me. (They keep pitching how they do it differently, bla bla bla.... and I still end up saying "NO, thanks".)

2. Nasi Lemak & Kuih Stall
Capital : 10k
Monthly/Daily Income : The peak sales is RM 600 per day. After everything sold out. RM 2 per bungkus nasi lemak. Target 200 bungkus everyday.
Workers : 1 worker. RM 300
Opinion : Fail due to the failure commitment of my partner. Today lazy, do only 50 bungkus. Tommorrow rajin, do 200 bungkus. Therefore, I close down the stall and sold off the stall for 5k. Still RUGI 5k! vmad.gif

This post has been edited by edyek: Dec 22 2009, 03:49 PM
santaclaus
post Dec 19 2009, 12:55 PM

Casual
310 posts

from wat i c ... from all the businesses u ventured which are successfull , u had sold them out except the laundry.

while doing a business shud b long term , u had sold off 3/4 of ur profiting ventures. mind to share y?

TSedyek
post Dec 19 2009, 01:14 PM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Dec 19 2009, 12:55 PM)
from wat i c ... from all the businesses u ventured which are successfull , u had sold them out except the laundry.

while doing a business shud b long term , u had sold off 3/4 of ur profiting ventures. mind to share y?
Sold off my laundry business also. biggrin.gif

In my opinion, cash flow business for me is short term to raise capital and cash to venture into my long term business (construction) and invest in land banking and commercial property.

Business : I love business. I love the thrill and challenge of it. Business provides me cash flow for monthly expenses but not assets.

Properties : I realized to have a stable financial in my late days, land banking and commercial property is the only way to go. These both does not goes out of time, but business do.

My strategy : Get in a business, build it up and sold it off for a decent profit and invest in properties. thumbup.gif
IGax2000
post Dec 19 2009, 04:17 PM

On my way
641 posts

i notice that u manage those successful business not more than 4 years, i wonder if it really provixe good cash flow, why don't u just get someone to take care of it and let snow ball roll become bigger? so what is the latest business u r doing right now?
alanaw
post Dec 19 2009, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

I agree with TS. This is wat i would do if i were in his shoe as well. Most important is make profit and from there invest in property or focus only on 1 high profit margin business. It will be hard if we were to take care of so many business at a time. In the end, the room for growth for business will be limited.
hazairi
post Dec 20 2009, 12:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,621 posts

TS, you sure are a hardworking businessman!
good to hear that..
Humorboy
post Dec 20 2009, 02:50 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

i always wanted to start a business but do not have the courage to take the first step...

goldfries
post Dec 20 2009, 03:09 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 19 2009, 11:24 AM)
The purpose I open this thread is to gather all business owners to share their experience in Small and Medium cash flow business. This will be a guide to someone out there who intends to invest in small and medium business. I share mine 1st.

Success :

4. Room Rental
Capital : 40-50k.
Monthly/Daily Income : Average income RM 2,600 per month.
Workers : 1 worker. Ah ma. Cleaning services.
Duration : 3 years. Ended setting up 8 locations and sell it off.
Opinion : Need good management. Humans are the most complicated animals on earth. Some are fussy, some are grouchy, you name it.  rclxub.gif
capital 40 - 50k just for shoplot rental?

care to elaborate further?

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 19 2009, 11:24 AM)
Failure :

1. Computer Sales and Services
Partner : 2 (Too many chef spoils the broth)
Monthly/Daily Income : The peak sales is only RM 3,xxx. Lowest RM 50.
Workers : 1 worker. Based on sales commission with base salary RM 500.
Duration : Bear the lost for half a year. Lost all the 20k after deducting all things, rental deposit and etc. and still need to fork in 1k to wind up the company. vmad.gif 
Opinion : Too competitive. Too lousy margin. Too many partners. Since then, I reject every computer venture that approach to me. (They keep pitching how they do it differently, bla bla bla.... and I still end up saying "NO, thanks".)
which is why i didn't go into COMPUTER related business.

allow me to share...........

it's volatile and you can't earn if you don't do volume.

when doing small amount (or if those distributors don't TREASURE you) then your COST per item, not inclusive of delivery, is still higher than those retailers at say Lowyat Plaza, or even LYN.

i tried before. didn't put $$$ but try to sell la. the board I sell, with sooooooooooo minimal earning and inclusive delivery, is like RM 10 - 20 more expensive than LYN / LYP sellers.

only thing that helped me was my reputation, even that also sales was minimal. let's not forget warranty issue, say your profit margin is only RM 10 - 20 each item - then what if shit happens? gone already the warranty.

in the end the profit margin just doesn't justify the amount of time and effort put in.

and that is just me selling online - as for edyek's case it's even more difficult as you need to pay rental, utilities, other hardware and stuff, buy stock.

about the volatile part - not all computer parts have fixed price. components like RAM can fluctuate. like 1GB RAM last time, from RM 140, drop to 70, then go up to 110, then so on so forth.

items like graphic card, better still! cost price RM 900, RRP is RM 950. you want to bring in stock, say even if you bring in just 5 la. so you sold 1. profit RM 50 - then 2 months later, new product come out and your goods still around. price drop, RM 800. no matter how you sell it off also you're at a loss already.

and mind you the loss is not necessarily just the retailer / seller side, even distributors have to deal with such losses.

and to add, if you go with EXISTING brands - then good luck fighting with the other established companies in selling. they get lower COST PRICE than you and sell higher volume. you can fight with pricing but how much loss are you willing to take just to penetrate the market?

to go with NEW or LESSER JNOWN brands? then also good luck, lesser brands are often less favored and to persuade people to BUY that brand alone is so difficult, sure it could be really much cheaper for the same item (eg GTS250 vs GTS250) but people's uncertainty over warranty and support is a problem. and with that, you have to put effort into marketing or have to fight with whatever means possible.

that's why you see some brands like Asus, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Sapphire are so widely available while other brands like Albatron, Colorful, Manli, ECS and those are so hard to find. And it's not that they're that bad or being NEW but rather it's just UNKNOWN to the market you're selling to. For example Colorful is #1 brand in China but in M'sia it's ....... what?

Added on December 20, 2009, 3:13 am
QUOTE(Humorboy @ Dec 20 2009, 02:50 AM)
i always wanted to start a business but do not have the courage to take the first step...
what TS did was great, however it is far from the complete picture.........

1. how long do you expect the capital to last?
2. who are your competitors and what are they offering?
3. how stiff is the competition? (eg, how aggressive are they? or are there too many around the area?)
4. how do you plan to be different?
5. what's your marketing plan?

that also doesn't add to the complete picture. IMO every business is a battleground, and they're all DIFFERENT.

you can't just jump into a business without proper planning.
toby.c13
post Dec 20 2009, 04:15 AM

Please enter custom member title
1,580 posts

what about a paintball related business?
with the paintball sports starting to bloom in malaysia,
do u think it is a good time to start a paintball shop or paintball field? smile.gif
goldfries
post Dec 20 2009, 05:02 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

ahhh paintball. biggrin.gif i have a paintball team. brows.gif

basically are you talking about GROUND UP or what? I'm not a paintball operator BUT from the smattering of information i know - as operator also you need license since paintball markers are like firearms. they can be used to kill.

think about finding the land area, setting up a site with storage and everything, buying house markers, vests, and getting experienced people ...... phew, a lot of work. and the game is NOT CHEAP! and the pellets need good place to store. blablablbala.........

OR you can go about selling accessories and such, like Werdna Hol for example. jersey, marker, pants, masks blabablala........

As for my team does - we help organize events / games. we have our members to marshal the game, including Div III (or was it Div II, can't remember) player with experience to guide. It's on the service part la, site is at TT Sports Park. So $$$ earn through coordinating paintball games and such. biggrin.gif quite alright for side income la, doing it out of sheer passion and having fun.
TSedyek
post Dec 20 2009, 01:14 PM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

QUOTE(IGax2000 @ Dec 19 2009, 04:17 PM)
i notice that u manage those successful business not more than 4 years, i wonder if it really provixe good cash flow, why don't u just get someone to take care of it and let snow ball roll become bigger? so what is the latest business u r doing right now?
The reason I sold it because I want to raise some capital and cash reserve for investment in land banking and commercial property. I couldn't find any person to manage it for me, as my current status is alone. My family was not in the same city as I am right now. Therefore, I choose to sold it off. My latest venture is seaweed cultivation farm. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(alanaw @ Dec 19 2009, 10:31 PM)
I agree with TS. This is wat i would do if i were in his shoe as well. Most important is make profit and from there invest in property or focus only on 1 high profit margin business. It will be hard if we were to take care of so many business at a time. In the end, the room for growth for business will be limited.
Yes. That is correct. Thanks for the clarification. thumbup.gif Too much business at hand will make me haywire.

QUOTE(hazairi @ Dec 20 2009, 12:08 AM)
TS, you sure are a hardworking businessman!
good to hear that..
Thanks. Got the blood from my father. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Humorboy @ Dec 20 2009, 02:50 AM)
I used to have the same dilemma as you when I 1st started the computer sale & service, and Yes I've fail in my 1st biz. It really needs some pushing and courage to go through this. But if you have taken the 1st step, the rest will come. thumbup.gif

Added on December 20, 2009, 1:29 pm
QUOTE(goldfries @ Dec 20 2009, 03:09 AM)
capital 40 - 50k just for shoplot rental?

care to elaborate further?
I've open a thread regarding this at Property sub-forum.

QUOTE(goldfries @ Dec 20 2009, 03:09 AM)
which is why i didn't go into COMPUTER related business.

allow me to share...........

it's volatile and you can't earn if you don't do volume.

when doing small amount (or if those distributors don't TREASURE you) then your COST per item, not inclusive of delivery, is still higher than those retailers at say Lowyat Plaza, or even LYN.

i tried before. didn't put $$$ but try to sell la. the board I sell, with sooooooooooo minimal earning and inclusive delivery, is like RM 10 - 20 more expensive than LYN / LYP sellers.

only thing that helped me was my reputation, even that also sales was minimal. let's not forget warranty issue, say your profit margin is only RM 10 - 20 each item - then what if shit happens? gone already the warranty.

in the end the profit margin just doesn't justify the amount of time and effort put in.

and that is just me selling online - as for edyek's case it's even more difficult as you need to pay rental, utilities, other hardware and stuff, buy stock.

about the volatile part - not all computer parts have fixed price. components like RAM can fluctuate. like 1GB RAM last time, from RM 140, drop to 70, then go up to 110, then so on so forth.

items like graphic card, better still! cost price RM 900, RRP is RM 950. you want to bring in stock, say even if you bring in just 5 la. so you sold 1. profit RM 50 - then 2 months later, new product come out and your goods still around. price drop, RM 800. no matter how you sell it off also you're at a loss already.

and mind you the loss is not necessarily just the retailer / seller side, even distributors have to deal with such losses.

and to add, if you go with EXISTING brands - then good luck fighting with the other established companies in selling. they get lower COST PRICE than you and sell higher volume. you can fight with pricing but how much loss are you willing to take just to penetrate the market?

to go with NEW or LESSER JNOWN brands? then also good luck, lesser brands are often less favored and to persuade people to BUY that brand alone is so difficult, sure it could be really much cheaper for the same item (eg GTS250 vs GTS250) but people's uncertainty over warranty and support is a problem. and with that, you have to put effort into marketing or have to fight with whatever means possible.

that's why you see some brands like Asus, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Sapphire are so widely available while other brands like Albatron, Colorful, Manli, ECS and those are so hard to find. And it's not that they're that bad or being NEW but rather it's just UNKNOWN to the market you're selling to. For example Colorful is #1 brand in China but in M'sia it's ....... what?
Agreed, You are having the same experience as me. Nowadays, computer business are really not suitable for small players and business starters. Technology keeps shifting into more advanced stage, and you just can't keep up with all the stock.

QUOTE(toby.c13 @ Dec 20 2009, 04:15 AM)
do u think it is a good time to start a paintball shop or paintball field? smile.gif
QUOTE(goldfries @ Dec 20 2009, 05:02 AM)
ahhh paintball. biggrin.gif i have a paintball team. brows.gif

basically are you talking about GROUND UP or what? I'm not a paintball operator BUT from the smattering of information i know - as operator also you need license since paintball markers are like firearms. they can be used to kill.

think about finding the land area, setting up a site with storage and everything, buying house markers, vests, and getting experienced people ...... phew, a lot of work. and the game is NOT CHEAP! and the pellets need good place to store. blablablbala.........

OR you can go about selling accessories and such, like Werdna Hol for example. jersey, marker, pants, masks blabablala........

As for my team does - we help organize events / games. we have our members to marshal the game, including Div III (or was it Div II, can't remember) player with experience to guide. It's on the service part la, site is at TT Sports Park. So $$$ earn through coordinating paintball games and such. biggrin.gif quite alright for side income la, doing it out of sheer passion and having fun.
I've look over this business and I'm still thinking is it viable to venture into this. So far, there are only 2 fields setup at my location whereby it is urban type. The one you play in a cage. I've seen some field with forest battleground and old warehouse. If I would venture into this business, I would venture in forest battleground and warehouse.

My concern is:
1. Capital - You need to buy a land/ware house or rent a land/warehouse (cheaper).
2. Equipment - All the guns and stuff
3. License - Still pondering where to get this register.
4. Staff - Experience staff and refree.

Anyone here have the experience in starting this business?

*By the look of it, I don't think it suits me. I've don't play paintball, and I guessing it needs around 50-100k to setup everything? or maybe more.

This post has been edited by edyek: Dec 20 2009, 01:34 PM
dkk
post Dec 20 2009, 02:47 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,400 posts

Was the car wash a long time ago? RM300 + RM150 commission is kind of low. Who did you hire?

10 workers also seems like a lot. If you average 55 cars a day, that's only 5 cars per person. If they work in teams of two, that's only 10 cars per day per person.

The laundry also seems somewhat overstaffed.

PS: There seems to be a car wash at Giant Batu Caves. Well, at least the stall was there. It was a big empty shed, with a long locked cabinet, where i suppose they keep the cleaning stuff. It wasn't open when I went there. The interesting part is they have this membership card thing, where you pay an annual/quarterly fee to be a member, which entitles you to a certain number of free washes, plus discounts on the others.

I thought that was a good idea. Get part of the money up front. If the customer don't come later, you win when they don't cash in their free washes. Alternatively, the customer gets locked-in. He's paid his money, and doesn't want to go to other places. This could be easily done for the laundry as well.

BTW, your seaweed farm, is it in the ocean like they show on TV, in which case, it might be a big plus if you're not on the west coast of peninsular. Or do you do it on-shore?
goldfries
post Dec 20 2009, 06:05 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 20 2009, 01:14 PM)
Agreed, You are having the same experience as me. Nowadays, computer business are really not suitable for small players and business starters. Technology keeps shifting into more advanced stage, and you just can't keep up with all the stock.

eh no, i don't have same experience as you. i just have same knowledge. smile.gif

i didn't have to go through that patch because I already know the industry more or less and have tested it a bit and decided to set my time, money, blood and sweat to something else that I can do better.

it's not about what others are doing but about what you can do best. biggrin.gif sometimes better not go into business at all if you're not cut out for it.

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 20 2009, 01:14 PM)
I've look over this business and I'm still thinking is it viable to venture into this. So far, there are only 2 fields setup at my location whereby it is urban type. The one you play in a cage. I've seen some field with forest battleground and old warehouse. If I would venture into this business, I would venture in forest battleground and warehouse.

My concern is:
1. Capital - You need to buy a land/ware house or rent a land/warehouse (cheaper).
2. Equipment - All the guns and stuff
3. License - Still pondering where to get this register. 
4. Staff - Experience staff and refree.

Anyone here have the experience in starting this business?

*By the look of it, I don't think it suits me. I've don't play paintball, and I guessing it needs around 50-100k to setup everything? or maybe more.

need to consider how long to break-even. sad.gif most experienced people are already committed to their own team / group / companies already.

perhaps your best bet would be the newer / upcoming teams if you're looking for people. license and equipment, whatever those things - the guys in the Paintball Thread guarantee know better. Xtion Paintball is hanging around LYN also.
TSedyek
post Dec 20 2009, 07:30 PM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

QUOTE(dkk @ Dec 20 2009, 02:47 PM)
Was the car wash a long time ago? RM300 + RM150 commission is kind of low. Who did you hire?

10 workers also seems like a lot. If you average 55 cars a day, that's only 5 cars per person. If they work in teams of two, that's only 10 cars per day per person.

The laundry also seems somewhat overstaffed.

PS: There seems to be a car wash at Giant Batu Caves. Well, at least the stall was there. It was a big empty shed, with a long locked cabinet, where i suppose they keep the cleaning stuff. It wasn't open when I went there. The interesting part is they have this membership card thing, where you pay an annual/quarterly fee to be a member, which entitles you to a certain number of free washes, plus discounts on the others.

I thought that was a good idea. Get part of the money up front. If the customer don't come later, you win when they don't cash in their free washes. Alternatively, the customer gets locked-in. He's paid his money, and doesn't want to go to other places. This could be easily done for the laundry as well.

BTW, your seaweed farm, is it in the ocean like they show on TV, in which case, it might be a big plus if you're not on the west coast of peninsular. Or do you do it on-shore?
Phillipine/Indo workers. Im not located at west malaysia whereby the workers wages are more higher. smile.gif
The laundry staff is local people. We wash nearly 200 kg per day. That is why 10 workers are adequate.

Yes. I'm located at the east coast of Malaysia, Sabah to be exact.

Added on December 20, 2009, 7:36 pm
QUOTE(goldfries @ Dec 20 2009, 06:05 PM)
it's not about what others are doing but about what you can do best. biggrin.gif sometimes better not go into business at all if you're not cut out for it.
need to consider how long to break-even. sad.gif most experienced people are already committed to their own team / group / companies already.

perhaps your best bet would be the newer / upcoming teams if you're looking for people. license and equipment, whatever those things - the guys in the Paintball Thread guarantee know better. Xtion Paintball is hanging around LYN also.
Correct. From my point of view, if i don't even play paintball, how can I ever know whats the selok belok to running the field? After some thinking, its not the business that I would venture in. happy.gif

This post has been edited by edyek: Dec 20 2009, 07:36 PM
wengkee87
post Dec 20 2009, 09:32 PM

32 posts

I'm just an ordinary fresh graduate / young working adult hanging around to seek some opportunities. This thread is very valuable, thanks for sharing thumbup.gif
TSedyek
post Dec 21 2009, 07:11 AM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

QUOTE(wengkee87 @ Dec 20 2009, 09:32 PM)
I'm just an ordinary fresh graduate / young working adult hanging around to seek some opportunities. This thread is very valuable, thanks for sharing  thumbup.gif
Hope this thread provides you a base line about what kind of small and medium cash flow business that are good for business starters. Good luck. smile.gif
wodenus
post Dec 21 2009, 07:21 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

-- deleted --

This post has been edited by wodenus: Dec 21 2009, 07:27 AM
airline
post Dec 21 2009, 07:32 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

good thread, bump it up

This post has been edited by airline: Dec 21 2009, 07:32 AM
Awakened_Angel
post Dec 21 2009, 09:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,703 posts

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 19 2009, 12:24 PM)
WAH...... soooooo many business ar

this is mine... and only sad.gif

business-hardware cum building materials
Capital : 1mil
Partner : 1(my wife)
Monthly/Daily Income : newly opened(<1 year range from 10k-15k perday)
Workers : 6 workers. RM 400 per person. 2 foreign labour
Duration : <one year.
Opinion : too many competition... big fish tend to eat smaller fish... here`s the catch... cash term, and your business is small, credit term, your sales is big and majority contractor`s term is bad and you`ll be dead...

Added on December 21, 2009, 9:11 am
QUOTE(goldfries @ Dec 20 2009, 04:09 AM)
what TS did was great, however it is far from the complete picture.........

1. how long do you expect the capital to last?
2. who are your competitors and what are they offering?
3. how stiff is the competition? (eg, how aggressive are they? or are there too many around the area?)
4. how do you plan to be different?
5. what's your marketing plan?

that also doesn't add to the complete picture. IMO every business is a battleground, and they're all DIFFERENT.

you can't just jump into a business without proper planning.
this is what I notice

and before you start, and you conuld do all the marketing survey thing and etc... but when you actually start, there`s more than meet theeye.. even more indirect competition rather than direct...

this is what I cant do in business.... just sit and ponder when customer will come in..............

Added on December 21, 2009, 9:17 am
QUOTE(wengkee87 @ Dec 20 2009, 10:32 PM)
I'm just an ordinary fresh graduate / young working adult hanging around to seek some opportunities. This thread is very valuable, thanks for sharing  thumbup.gif
this is the golden rules from my mum... experience chinaman style...

1) never talk bad/gossip about anyone... if you do, your credibility drops
2) never quarrel with someone till there`s no return... you`ll never know when you`ll meet them again
3) NEVER give credits/terms... you will ONLY know how people will do just not to pay... "you need to be a professional begger before you give credit"
4) if you forcefully give credict/terms based on project basis, get a proper black and white.. you will know how people would do just to bend reality and truth
5) NEVER make a promise you cant keep
6) NEVEr lie to customer

Added on December 21, 2009, 9:24 am
QUOTE(toby.c13 @ Dec 20 2009, 05:15 AM)
I would be delighted if the battlefield is like warscence or alien planet etc rather than obstacles of baloons doh.gif

This post has been edited by Awakened_Angel: Dec 21 2009, 09:24 AM
gunners4ever
post Dec 21 2009, 12:02 PM

25 posts

As what I saw here all are needed quite a sum for a capital,anyone mind to share about early stages?How they gain the money,how they start to build their career?That will be interesting,at least for me. tongue.gif

153 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:04 AM