Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

For Small and Medium Business Owners, Come In and Share Your Biz.

views

dkk
post Dec 20 2009, 02:47 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,400 posts

Was the car wash a long time ago? RM300 + RM150 commission is kind of low. Who did you hire?

10 workers also seems like a lot. If you average 55 cars a day, that's only 5 cars per person. If they work in teams of two, that's only 10 cars per day per person.

The laundry also seems somewhat overstaffed.

PS: There seems to be a car wash at Giant Batu Caves. Well, at least the stall was there. It was a big empty shed, with a long locked cabinet, where i suppose they keep the cleaning stuff. It wasn't open when I went there. The interesting part is they have this membership card thing, where you pay an annual/quarterly fee to be a member, which entitles you to a certain number of free washes, plus discounts on the others.

I thought that was a good idea. Get part of the money up front. If the customer don't come later, you win when they don't cash in their free washes. Alternatively, the customer gets locked-in. He's paid his money, and doesn't want to go to other places. This could be easily done for the laundry as well.

BTW, your seaweed farm, is it in the ocean like they show on TV, in which case, it might be a big plus if you're not on the west coast of peninsular. Or do you do it on-shore?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0610sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:13 PM