Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Post all present/gift ideas here, Share your presents/Request ideas here

views

Caprivy
post Oct 19 2009, 03:41 PM

23 posts

Help.. my bf's bday is coming and I dunno what present should I get for him. I know he likes computer hardware stuff but I think that's too expensive for me to afford.

What do guys like to receive on their b'day? What kind which is sweet and thoughtful to him?
xaxier83
post Oct 19 2009, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

How about you cook for him for his birthday? Cook something nice and special? and throw in a special handmade card for him, might be enough to do the trick smile.gif
vicole
post Oct 21 2009, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(ZeratoS @ Oct 3 2009, 01:57 PM)
Dude, those are epic! What materials did your girlfriend use for the drumset? Really makes me want to start making stuff again, but I have nobody to give them to so \(o_O)/. As for the gifts I usually give? Poetry! Compose it by yourself. Had I the time to hunt for the materials to make the parchment, I would, but otherwise I usually just write it down on some fancy paper or make a card and put it there. Good for giving to friends on occasions, since its cheap to make. (depending on how creative you are). They just don't compare to the other handmade stuff here though.
You have no one to give it too? omg. U can always GIVE IT TO ME smile.gif
Friendship can accept and appreciate your gifts, isnt it? laugh.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by vicole: Oct 21 2009, 03:22 PM
david890701
post Oct 21 2009, 11:48 PM

-
3,152 posts

QUOTE(ZeratoS @ Oct 3 2009, 01:57 PM)
Dude, those are epic! What materials did your girlfriend use for the drumset? Really makes me want to start making stuff again, but I have nobody to give them to so \(o_O)/. As for the gifts I usually give? Poetry! Compose it by yourself. Had I the time to hunt for the materials to make the parchment, I would, but otherwise I usually just write it down on some fancy paper or make a card and put it there. Good for giving to friends on occasions, since its cheap to make. (depending on how creative you are). They just don't compare to the other handmade stuff here though.

Took this from my blog ; Nothing spectacular.
user posted image
P.S : As expected from Uncle Deimos. Ever the hamsap one.
P.P.S : What pen did you use for the inscription on the box? Haven't been able to get a good one for writing on glass surfaces, they seem to fade easily.
my gf say thanks for ur reply wink.gif haha

I do write poems for my girl too wink.gif
g r a p e k e y
post Oct 24 2009, 02:07 PM

Casual
483 posts

Yesterday my bf surprised me with a very tall sweet box of mix snacks like biscuits, chocolates, etc.. and at the bottom of the box, he stick a note saying "for refill, contact hubby". I find it sweet though.. Just something to share.

Added on October 24, 2009, 2:31 pm
QUOTE(Caprivy @ Oct 19 2009, 03:41 PM)
Help.. my bf's bday is coming and I dunno what present should I get for him. I know he likes computer hardware stuff but I think that's too expensive for me to afford.

What do guys like to receive on their b'day? What kind which is sweet and thoughtful to him?
can you play the guitar? . if yes, strum it, sing and dance yourself around him to see. that's sweet though I think =) .. bake him a cake on his birthday!

or I suggest you blind fold him, bring him somewhere romantic, the you ask him to wait inside the car(or somewhere near you) while you get down and prepare candle light birthday cakes.. hmm.. as in you buy each slice of cake from secret recipe to form one whole recipe cake.. then you buy those thin and long candles from party shop and place em' on each slice of the cake or up to you.. then bring him near, do your thing and ta daaa.."Happy Birthday Darling~!!" laugh.gif .. get small balloons too.. and don't forget to buy the balloon pump.. cause small balloons very difficult to blow one. Ok hope this helps you in some ways.

ps/ doesn't have to be from secret recipe =)

This post has been edited by g r a p e k e y: Oct 24 2009, 02:32 PM
ZeratoS
post Oct 27 2009, 01:13 AM

Oh you.
1,044 posts

QUOTE(vicole @ Oct 21 2009, 03:22 PM)
You have no one to give it too? omg. U can always GIVE IT TO ME smile.gif
Friendship can accept and appreciate your gifts, isnt it?  laugh.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
That would be a little bit strange wouldn't it?

Anyway! This makes for a good gift. Been planning to make one of these, but all my close female friends have gone to other countries.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/821933@N24/pool/

Whimsey Jar! I know its a little unorthodox, since its more of a pen-pal exchange gift, but all the same eh? I haven't been very creative lately, so not much ideas as of yet. I'll see what I can contribute some other time.

QUOTE(david890701 @ Oct 21 2009, 11:48 PM)
my gf say thanks for ur reply wink.gif haha

I do write poems for my girl too wink.gif
Well made things deserve praise.

This post has been edited by ZeratoS: Oct 27 2009, 01:14 AM
Tsukasa
post Oct 27 2009, 01:17 PM

Regular
1,042 posts

Any gift to recommend around RM500 to a girlfriend ? No HP ^^ or mp3 player ^^ as she already got a iphone
BlurSotong
post Oct 30 2009, 04:39 AM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
111 posts

RM500 spending spree. and I'm sure she'll be so happy, half the money, she'll use it to treat you...
kennysan
post Nov 4 2009, 03:33 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(Baronic @ Sep 24 2009, 05:10 PM)
some times its not just the present but the way the present is presented. lol, unintentional pun. hmmm, u can get her a nice teddy, but dont just "nah, a teddy for u baby"

U're gonna meet up, who's meeting who? if u picking her up, try like, on the phone before meeting up, maybe say u're bringing a "friend" u'd like to introduce her too? and then put your teddy in the front seat where she would seat and put safety belt and flowers. then when u reach she comes to see u, u step out of car, and she'll say where's your friend? then u show her the teddy, take the bouquet of flowers and present it to her. its still a teddy. but 10/10 for presentation. lol
wow nice 1 baronic respect !! haha rclxms.gif
jesusblood
post Nov 16 2009, 12:51 PM

9 posts

Hey.. I oso tryin to get a present to her.. Around budget rm500 also de.. But i donno what to buy for her.. I been thinkin buy a ring for here.. I lookin for times square or sg wang shop see got what i can buy..
donkeymonkey
post Nov 17 2009, 01:55 PM

3 posts

close her eyes, walk her to an empty space. bring her to the middle of the pool of heart shaped candle. sit inside the heart shaped pool and drink red wine.

confirm touched one.
ZeratoS
post Nov 17 2009, 06:47 PM

Oh you.
1,044 posts

QUOTE(jesusblood @ Nov 16 2009, 12:51 PM)
Hey.. I oso tryin to get a present to her.. Around budget rm500 also de.. But i donno what to buy for her.. I been thinkin buy a ring for here.. I lookin for times square or sg wang shop see got what i can buy..
Baronic already mentioned. Its not the gift that matters, but how you present it.
dracorealms
post Nov 17 2009, 07:44 PM

14 posts

hehehe.. i got a few ideas and hopefully it doesnt become too common! so use with DISCRETION ok!??!!!

idea 1

get a box maybe 10x10x5 inches but u get the idea
put random stuff inside, but each thing separated with a piece of paper exactly 10x10x5 in size, and write a note on top of the paper.

for example : u can put tissue paper inside, then put a 10x10x5 paper and write "for the shitty times"

it can be very exciting!! and maybe u can put something really meaningful at the very bottom of the box.

idea 2

*adapted from korean movie

go buy some empty capsules from the chinese sensei medicine shop (something like rm2 for 100)
cut small strips of paper, then write notes inside, and roll up, and put into capsule.

notes can be romantic, funny, anything eg : "if i had a choice to go heaven, i wouldnt because i'd leave you"
or anything lah

then present in a little bottle, and say : this is incase u get love sick with me. but the dosage is a maximum of one. haha! if u can do 365, it'd last a year!

idea 3

write a note, whichever romantic, place it on a plate with double sided tape underneath, then put some clean clear plastic on top, paste that down on the plate too.. then put a brownie on top =)

then give your brownie to your loved one for them to discover the note beneath!

got sommore la.. but hahah i kiamsap abit. after girls read then less meaning already when us guys do.
TSBaronic
post Nov 18 2009, 11:04 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(dracorealms @ Nov 17 2009, 07:44 PM)
hehehe.. i got a few ideas and hopefully it doesnt become too common! so use with DISCRETION ok!??!!!

idea 1

get a box maybe 10x10x5 inches but u get the idea
put random stuff inside, but each thing separated with a piece of paper exactly 10x10x5 in size, and write a note on top of the paper.

for example : u can put tissue paper inside, then put a 10x10x5 paper and write "for the shitty times"

it can be very exciting!! and maybe u can put something really meaningful at the very bottom of the box.
idea 2

*adapted from korean movie

go buy some empty capsules from the chinese sensei medicine shop (something like rm2 for 100)
cut small strips of paper, then write notes inside, and roll up, and put into capsule.

notes can be romantic, funny, anything eg : "if i had a choice to go heaven, i wouldnt because i'd leave you"
or anything lah

then present in a little bottle, and say : this is incase u get love sick with me. but the dosage is a maximum of one. haha! if u can do 365, it'd last a year!
idea 3

write a note, whichever romantic, place it on a plate with double sided tape underneath, then put some clean clear plastic on top, paste that down on the plate too.. then put a brownie on top =)

then give your brownie to your loved one for them to discover the note beneath!
got sommore la.. but hahah i kiamsap abit. after girls read then less meaning already when us guys do.
salutes!!! some damn good ideas there dude haha.
lesliechan19
post Nov 28 2009, 09:46 PM

Casual
331 posts

Christmas are coming ! how should i surprise my girl with a nice present?

Think to buy her a bag, high hills, and MAC make-up.

Idea...
1.Use a rubbish plastic and put her bag inside(No one willing to recieve a rubbish plastic as a present rite? so thats surprising.)

2.Put the high hills inside the bag and cover it with old news paper,(like how those display product)once she found out thats the bag she wants it for thousand years ago,she will never guess have another surprise inside her bag, after she open the rubbish paper, and found out a nice high hills which she want it too!

3.MAC makeup can just give to her before giving her bag or after the bag, is that sweet enough?
ZeratoS
post Nov 30 2009, 12:54 AM

Oh you.
1,044 posts

In a rubbish bag? No. Just..No.
skylinerz
post Dec 4 2009, 12:30 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

Guys, my gurl coming back from UK this 8th Dec.. And i have no idea what to give her >_<'' .. Im so excited and yet no idea what to give and how to present it..

Idea from baronic to put teddy in car, but my girls got alot of those stuffy bears n sponge bob n patrik.. T_T

Im thinking to make a box and put a notes on the bottom, or maybe make a 100 small stars with notes in it as its like 101 reason y i love her..

But i need something which i can done in 2 days.. I got few ideas in mind but need time to survey n look for materials

I will pick her up at KLIA by myself and i need suggestions on things that i can give to her.. Help~~

This post has been edited by skylinerz: Dec 4 2009, 12:35 AM
TSBaronic
post Dec 4 2009, 10:40 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(skylinerz @ Dec 4 2009, 12:30 AM)
Guys, my gurl coming back from UK this 8th Dec.. And i have no idea what to give her >_<'' .. Im so excited and yet no idea what to give and how to present it..

Idea from baronic to put teddy in car, but my girls got alot of those stuffy bears n sponge bob n patrik.. T_T

Im thinking to make a box and put a notes on the bottom, or maybe make a 100 small stars with notes in it as its like 101 reason y i love her..

But i need something which i can done in 2 days.. I got few ideas in mind but need time to survey n look for materials

I will pick her up at KLIA by myself and i need suggestions on things that i can give to her.. Help~~
stars and notes are nice, but she'd have to undo like 100 stars? lol. 2 days is a very short time but u still can do something if u spend all day. maybe u can expand on this but do something about the times u missed her when she was away? instead of reasons u love her.
skylinerz
post Dec 4 2009, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(Baronic @ Dec 4 2009, 10:40 AM)
stars and notes are nice, but she'd have to undo like 100 stars? lol. 2 days is a very short time but u still can do something if u spend all day. maybe u can expand on this but do something about the times u missed her when she was away? instead of reasons u love her.
Agree.. 100 stars to undo.. lol.. hurm.. im heading to one utama after this to check out the gift shop there.. maybe i can get few ideas out of it.. but the box u made were lovely man.. i really like it.. very neat.. i tot i wanna make a box like u, but my handwriting is horrible.. dont mention write using a brush.. >_<'' i wish i can carve roses out of candle.. but i dont have the skill sad.gif

Well maybe i will try look for other things to present to her.. Thx for the advice baron.. biggrin.gif
beck_ken
post Dec 4 2009, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,716 posts

simple...use her name letter to put in a song title and write a love letter out of it.

that's my idea and works very well.

2 days can finished if you have all those love songs that match your love one's name

45 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:04 PM