28 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

BARF Diet, Bones And Raw Food Diet

views

iluv2zzz
post Nov 30 2008, 01:52 AM

Professional Pet Groomer
2,730 posts

bones, other then for the calcium, phosphorus and minerals and other nutrients.. its actually to exercise its jaw and clean the teeth.

If you guys grind everything, then they mah no nid bite? xD
babymiki
post Nov 30 2008, 02:02 AM

❤ ZR
4,105 posts

oh that means bone is for biting one la isit? and not ground together with the vege etc etc?
iluv2zzz
post Nov 30 2008, 02:31 AM

Professional Pet Groomer
2,730 posts

Haha.. got many version wor.. some just mix together because easier... some prefer let their dog bite it (and will be messier). Some grind everything... and some other people just give the meat with bone together. Perhaps it will be better to grind it for main meal, and give him a bone for bite bite once a week?

FYI I do not feed BARF, but I research and reads a lot over the months already. Would love to share to know more smile.gif
babymiki
post Nov 30 2008, 02:35 AM

❤ ZR
4,105 posts

thats why there's so many options and varities..im kinda confused
aureliux
post Nov 30 2008, 11:20 AM

On my way
529 posts

I think when your dog bites ond chew their toys, they actually exercise their jaws as well. The main reason i give my girl then whole chicken wing once or twice a week coz it will clean their teeth.. My feeding method is to grind everything coz that will ensure them to eat a more balance diet. And a chicken wing will cleans her teeth and she kinda like to toy with it....

BTW, they really do have a lots of contradicting ideas on all the book we have read but i notice that the difference is also due the different regions on earth..

This post has been edited by aureliux: Nov 30 2008, 11:22 AM
dongdong86
post Dec 1 2008, 02:21 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(babymiki @ Nov 30 2008, 01:37 AM)
haha those i guess would be big in size
for few kg of meat is ok. but i think it is time consuming to do it myself if it is a small breed dog and dont eat much. i think economy of scale is applicable here. smile.gif
QUOTE(iluv2zzz @ Nov 30 2008, 01:52 AM)
bones, other then for the calcium, phosphorus and minerals and other nutrients.. its actually to exercise its jaw and clean the teeth.

If you guys grind everything, then they mah no nid bite? xD
some may choke themself. some may be too hungry to swallow the whole drumstick. grinding is easier for digestion also. but it is advisable to give raw bone once per week.

if no grinding, they will choose meat and leave vege there. grinding mix them together. apple cider vinegar also will spread evenly in meat, helping kill some bacteria.

Doraemon11
post Dec 1 2008, 05:01 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(shayne @ Nov 28 2008, 08:18 PM)
u outdated la... now they put hormone in their food, no more injection...  tongue.gif
Yang's maltese puppies started to eat barf since 2 months old.
Fren, r u sure all are now no longer use injection in market?? Totaly only food feeding with hormone????

QUOTE(iluv2zzz @ Nov 29 2008, 02:40 AM)
Get organic chicken XD or kampung chicken  tongue.gif

Added on November 29, 2008, 2:42 am
Not sleeping forever.. it just stops their activity, and they will wakes when you take them out of fridge, when defrosting or thawing them.
Good ideal thumbup.gif
Organic telur i know la, how/where to get organic chicken ar?????? shakehead.gif
iluv2zzz
post Dec 1 2008, 06:12 PM

Professional Pet Groomer
2,730 posts

pasar pagi got.. hypermart dun have meh? Those usually sell in whole chicken.
dongdong86
post Dec 1 2008, 07:55 PM

11 posts

aiyo, Malaysian poultry market is hopeless sometime, all hormone all that. even human also has to suffer from it.
Pennywise
post Dec 1 2008, 09:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,796 posts

Failed to try BARF meal last weekend...
dongdong86
post Dec 2 2008, 01:15 AM

11 posts

why fail? your dog cant take it?
TSWhite Palace
post Dec 2 2008, 09:01 AM

Angel - Top Maltese 2006 @ Best Malaysian Bred In Show
2,309 posts

NOTE:

NOT ALL FATS ARE CREATED EQUAL

Fat is either saturated or polyunsaturated and your dog needs both. Together these fats supply the essential fatty acids (EFAs) necessary to maintain a dog's good health. Saturated fat comes from animal sources; Polysaturated fat comes from vegetable sources.

Not enough animal fat in the diet can create:

Lack of energy
Heart problems
Growth deficits
Dry skin
Cell damage

Lack of polyunsaturated fat can cause:

Coarse dry hair coat
Improper growth
Skin lesions on belly, inside the back legs, and between the shoulder blades
Thickened areas of skin
Horny skin growths
Skin ulcerations and infections
Poor blood clotting
Extreme itching and scratching

Some owners do remove the fat from the meat source, but I would say that's a big NO cause these animal fats are important for your pet! Dogs do not suffer from heart disease caused by higher levels of animal fat, or from fatty deposits in blood vessels. However, moderation is the key.

I would suggests owners to grab a bottle of safflower oil to adds into the diet. Safflower oil is one of the least allergic oil and it contains Vitamin E (At least the bottle I gotten has it) which helps to preserve the diet naturally besides providing polyunsaturated fat.

Reference: Holistic Guide for a Healthy Dog, 2nd edition, by Wendy Volhard and Kerry Brown, D.V.M.
Doraemon11
post Dec 2 2008, 01:14 PM

On my way
530 posts

yang.. heard shayne said fluff got grinder..
can grind bone as well de???
How much it cost???
or can come to fluff do grind our meat+bone there ar??? brows.gif
How u charge for the service? wink.gif
whizzkid
post Dec 2 2008, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

how about cat? how to prepare BARF for my ktten?
shayne
post Dec 2 2008, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(Pennywise @ Dec 1 2008, 09:24 PM)
Failed to try BARF meal last weekend...
wat do u mean by fail? mind to share?
aureliux
post Dec 2 2008, 08:14 PM

On my way
529 posts

For cat, the diet will be abit different and more similiar to ferret's diet. You will need only 5% of vege in their diet.
Pennywise
post Dec 2 2008, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,796 posts

Sorry, failed as in no time to prepare. LoL... Sorry for the late update. Will definitely find time to try them.

Added on December 3, 2008, 12:00 amOne newbie question - how do you prepare the egg? Dont tell me give raw???

This post has been edited by Pennywise: Dec 3 2008, 12:00 AM
dongdong86
post Dec 3 2008, 03:39 AM

11 posts

yes give raw, no cooking. but egg white is not advisable to give raw as it will cause thiamine deficiency.
Doraemon11
post Dec 3 2008, 10:44 AM

On my way
530 posts

egg???
i 1 whole biji throw in the blender with raw vegie all blend together till puree de wor...
shayne
post Dec 3 2008, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

egg can be feed in raw but from wat i studied, we shld feed the whole egg, means egg white + egg yolk, not advisable to only feed white or only yolk. some books say not good to feed egg white coz it will prevent dog from absorbing biotin, a Vitamin B, but not if u feed them together with the yolks. or u can also soft boiled it and leave the yolk runny like hald boiled egg.

28 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:11 PM