Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Where to buy vintage video game systems?, I'm an old school gamer..

views

3rotor
post Sep 20 2008, 08:58 PM

Group: Junior Member

Here is the pic of my consoles, some are not in the picture. I hardly got time to play them coz i spent my spare time mostly playing the 360, too many nice games~ tongue.gif

wonder how much is gundamalpha letting go him mvs collection... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by 3rotor: Oct 6 2017, 09:22 AM
gundamalpha
post Sep 20 2008, 09:35 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡
Group: Senior Member

Considering the games I have plus the conditions.. I would estimate around RM3,200. That's not inclusive of all the shipping costs I've incurred, at least another RM600.

What are those 2 Nintendo boxes besides your N64? I'm not going to make my guess hmm.gif

Added on September 20, 2008, 11:03 pmUpdated pics;
user posted image
Boxes
user posted image
Nintendo consoles
user posted image
Sega's
user posted image
Sony's & X's
user posted image
The rest

My MVS pics:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Rest of my games.. partially:
user posted image

This post has been edited by gundamalpha: Sep 20 2008, 11:03 PM
TSPhatPhunk
post Sep 20 2008, 11:08 PM

QUOTE(gundamalpha @ Sep 20 2008, 09:35 PM)
Considering the games I have plus the conditions.. I would estimate around RM3,200. That's not inclusive of all the shipping costs I've incurred, at least another RM600.

What are those 2 Nintendo boxes besides your N64? I'm not going to make my guess hmm.gif

Added on September 20, 2008, 11:03 pmUpdated pics;
user posted image
Boxes
user posted image
Nintendo consoles
user posted image
Sega's
user posted image
Sony's & X's
user posted image
The rest

My MVS pics:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Rest of my games.. partially:
user posted image
Wholly smokes! No challange for your collection man! Not in any way!! Wow. The MVS looks kinda sweet. Compact in size.. But quite a hefty price..
Very very impressive collection bro.. thumbup.gif Thanks for sharing..

I see you are also into Gunplas... Me too! But I stopped recently..

This post has been edited by PhatPhunk: Sep 20 2008, 11:11 PM
gundamalpha
post Sep 20 2008, 11:18 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

Gunplas are on and off, now not making anymore, so those on top of the shelves will stay there until I have the time to touch them.. may be next year

And where's yours PhatPhunk? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by gundamalpha: Sep 20 2008, 11:39 PM
3rotor
post Sep 21 2008, 02:39 AM

The MVS system looks sweet drool.gif ~ but too bad i can't afford one, thanks for sharing the pics,
i enjoyed seeing other people's collection especially collectors from malaysia... thumbup.gif
quite a few rare stuff you having there, the cdz, duo-r, multi-mega, sfc jap ver, neogeo stick 2,
and also the amount of original games, juz wow! notworthy.gif

The 2 boxes beside my n64 are Virtualboy and NES, will share more pics of my collection soon. smile.gif
TSPhatPhunk
post Sep 21 2008, 03:39 AM

QUOTE(gundamalpha @ Sep 20 2008, 11:18 PM)
Gunplas are on and off, now not making anymore, so those on top of the shelves will stay there until I have the time to touch them.. may be next year

And where's yours PhatPhunk? hmm.gif
Hey man. Sorry, I don't have anything to show at the moment seriously. I'm just only trying to catch on this hobby. Sorry to disappoint blush.gif Looks like I'll have to drool over yours for the time being and hope someday I can own all those machines.. rolleyes.gif

Added on September 21, 2008, 3:43 am
QUOTE(3rotor @ Sep 21 2008, 02:39 AM)
The MVS system looks sweet  drool.gif ~  but too bad i can't afford one, thanks for sharing the pics,
i enjoyed seeing other people's collection especially collectors from malaysia... thumbup.gif
quite a few rare stuff you having there, the cdz, duo-r, multi-mega, sfc jap ver, neogeo stick 2,
and also the amount of original games, juz wow!  notworthy.gif 

The 2 boxes beside my n64 are Virtualboy and NES, will share more pics of my collection soon. smile.gif
Yay! Show 'em and make me drool! Virtual boy.. Looks like the Jap version.. Lotsa negative reviews on that so called portable console biggrin.gif

How come both of you have got 2 different N64s? Any reason behind it? I remember wanting to own it so much when I was in school. I tried Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64, and instantly got hooked with it.. The controller is just so awesome..

Any of you thought of obtaining the 64DD add-on released only in Japan? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by PhatPhunk: Sep 21 2008, 03:43 AM
juniorpop
post Sep 21 2008, 11:30 AM

Just get a PSP and have custom firmware installed on it.
The emulators made the PSP a gaming heaven for classic gamers.
gundamalpha
post Sep 21 2008, 12:04 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

You just don't understand the difference between buying and stealing.. I can proudly say I don't steal for my gaming habit, yet downloading ROMs are illegal activities, stealing the proprietors' rights of the games. If PSP is a solution, might as well just play them on the computer, even better emulated. Also, there's no 100% emulation, there's bound to be something missing, or else why would anyone complain about the BC of XBox and PS3 being emulated?

Eh 3rotor, how's your RGB?

PhatPhunk, if you notice I have few PAL consoles. That's because I bought them while I was in Australia, but there are too many games not released outside of Japan, so have to get another one. If I'm not mistaken 3rotor also have a PAL N64 and Megadrive. Not sure what's his story.

This post has been edited by gundamalpha: Sep 21 2008, 12:47 PM
TSPhatPhunk
post Sep 21 2008, 01:42 PM

QUOTE(gundamalpha @ Sep 21 2008, 12:04 PM)
You just don't understand the difference between buying and stealing.. I can proudly say I don't steal for my gaming habit, yet downloading ROMs are illegal activities, stealing the proprietors' rights of the games. If PSP is a solution, might as well just play them on the computer, even better emulated. Also, there's no 100% emulation, there's bound to be something missing, or else why would anyone complain about the BC of XBox and PS3 being emulated?

Eh 3rotor, how's your RGB?

PhatPhunk, if you notice I have few PAL consoles. That's because I bought them while I was in Australia, but there are too many games not released outside of Japan, so have to get another one. If I'm not mistaken 3rotor also have a PAL N64 and Megadrive. Not sure what's his story.
Hey man. Yeah. I agree with you on that one. I have been playing emulated classic titles on the DS and PSP and it just doesn't feel right playing on those systems.. The nostalgic experience and feeling isn't there at all! That's why I intend to get the actual consoles. I played a few old GB titles on the DS/PSP and they feel weird. The screens just too perfect per se. I'd wanna play em in the actual hardware this time..

I see.. Now it makes perfect sense.. Hey we are using PAL broadcast here right? And if I intend to get the GG TV Tuner, I should get the PAL version otherwise it wouldn't work, Or have we changed to digital broadcast like the States? Hmm.. I'm abit noob when it comes to this blush.gif

3rotor
post Sep 21 2008, 02:19 PM

PhatPunk, as a gaming machine the Virtual Boy truly suck, but i just cannot resist the temptation to own one bizarre looking console, and i find myself liking it very much tongue.gif
I am having more than 1 MD and N64 because i came across some garage sales bundle with accessories and games that i really wanted with a fairly good price, so no harm keeping extra units in case my current working console spoil. And i saw the 64DD unit in stock at PA 1 time, the price was around 1k-1.2k if i'm not mistaken, no $ buy~

gundamalpha, i was outbited several times for that scart-component converter, i was trying my luck putting the minimum reserve price, maybe the seller don't feel like selling it at the lowest price i'm not sure, will keep trying. smile.gif

This post has been edited by 3rotor: Sep 21 2008, 02:27 PM
TSPhatPhunk
post Sep 21 2008, 03:37 PM

QUOTE(3rotor @ Sep 21 2008, 02:19 PM)
PhatPunk, as a gaming machine the Virtual Boy truly suck, but i just cannot resist the temptation to own one bizarre looking console, and i find myself liking it very much tongue.gif 
I am having more than 1 MD and N64 because i came across some garage sales bundle with accessories and games that i really wanted with a fairly good price, so no harm keeping extra units in case my current working console spoil. And i saw the 64DD unit in stock at PA 1 time, the price was around 1k-1.2k if i'm not mistaken, no $ buy~
gundamalpha, i was outbited several times for that scart-component converter, i was trying my luck putting the minimum reserve price, maybe the seller don't feel like selling it at the lowest price i'm not sure, will keep trying. smile.gif
Ahaha.. I totally understand man.. It's just part of the collection even tho it sucked. biggrin.gif

gundamalpha
post Sep 21 2008, 04:03 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

There must be more than just 3 of us who are hooked to retro gaming.. wonder where they are smile.gif
3rotor
post Sep 23 2008, 12:07 AM

no love for retro gaming ? huh.gif

updated with some pics,

Boxed consoles.

Handhelds and some loose consoles.

Boxed consoles, controllers and some vintage handhelds.

I like arcade sticks but i suck at using them... sweat.gif

This post has been edited by 3rotor: Oct 6 2017, 09:23 AM
gundamalpha
post Sep 23 2008, 12:25 AM

☆彡TITS☆彡

You are missing a MVS from your collecton 3rotor brows.gif
3rotor
post Sep 23 2008, 12:36 AM

the consolized mvs is no doubt rare shit, but no $ to buy la, if i strike toto then will definitely get it~ tongue.gif
gundamalpha
post Sep 23 2008, 02:08 AM

☆彡TITS☆彡

I'm willing to do trade you know brows.gif Plus don't have to include all the games, so it might be cheaper.

Anyway, I think I need to trim down my collection a bit. If any of you here wants anything from my collection shoot me an offer. Will put up my sales thread soon.

Need some money to fund my marriage and mortgage sad.gif
blurkia
post Sep 23 2008, 08:09 AM

Getting Started

Hey bro.. i have a ps one and also snes (famicom) system.
Are you interested in buying? i also dono the price now for all these 'vintage' systems hmm.gif
gundamalpha
post Sep 23 2008, 11:44 AM

☆彡TITS☆彡

Yo, picture please bro. The price varies substantially depending on its condition, so let the pictures do the judgment.
TSPhatPhunk
post Sep 23 2008, 08:13 PM

Ok.. Post a couple of pics.. If the price is right.. I might get it off ya.. wink.gif (Even though I'm planning to focus on handheld consoles first) Games included I hope?
trogdor1oh1
post Sep 23 2008, 09:20 PM

Getting Started

OMFG
those pictures make me want to cry...

but what would make my heart burst is if anyone has the philips cd-i.
i'd really like one.though i've never heard of it,let alone play it,it feels really nostalgic looking at the videos of games i've never heard of.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0914sec    1.68    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th May 2019 - 01:09 AM