68 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Bandung

views

flameboy3
post Feb 20 2008, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Hmm...2nites is enough.But you have to start from morning.Only for shopping.If you want to visit the The peak or tangkuban parahu (The Volcano)then not ehough lor..

At Jalan Dago..theres a F.O that sell winter clothes and all.From jacket to gloves in 1 roof.
Mr. Philip
post Feb 21 2008, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

you can pretty much get the things you find in KL, just cheaper. Like what I have mentioned before, a RM300 for a pair of Gucci shoes is very tempting but it'll be a hard time for you to decide if you should really buy it as you are not sure how authentic they are.

If your intention is to buy cheap cloths regardless of brands, I'm sure you will be delighted. cool.gif

flameboy got it right, 2 full days would be enough for shopping alone. From morning till late evening probably until 9-10pm.
jacinta
post Feb 21 2008, 01:24 PM

0 posts

good one!
i'm going there soon smile.gif

TSmarshmellow
post Mar 5 2008, 08:36 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(blessedfin @ Feb 18 2008, 11:24 PM)
I give u reccomendation of fashion outlet in Bandung..
it called Rumah Mode located in Jl. setiabudi..people there know that outlet..
the goods are really good! u wont be dissapointed! try it out!
yup yup.. heard of it oso..very famous rite.. izit reall cheap???

Added on March 6, 2008, 9:36 am
QUOTE(Mr. Philip @ Feb 18 2008, 02:52 AM)
hello mr mashmellow..did you manage to contact my friend??

anyway..pls share your experience here once you've returned...hehe..

i will.. dont worry...cant wait to go thr soon.. i still have to weeks to go before i depart to bandung icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by marshmellow: Mar 6 2008, 09:36 AM
kca
post Mar 6 2008, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

how the weather like in bandung? i know it is a shopping heaven.....
flameboy3
post Mar 6 2008, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

weather same like malaysia...but a bit cold la..nite time same like cameron highland.
garyhew
post Apr 6 2008, 09:00 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(Mr. Philip @ Feb 21 2008, 01:10 PM)
you can pretty much get the things you find in KL, just cheaper. Like what I have mentioned before, a RM300 for a pair of Gucci shoes is very tempting but it'll be a hard time for you to decide if you should really buy it as you are not sure how authentic they are.

If your intention is to buy cheap cloths regardless of brands, I'm sure you will be delighted. cool.gif

flameboy got it right, 2 full days would be enough for shopping alone. From morning till late evening probably until 9-10pm.
hi mr philip, it seemed that u r quite familiar wif bandung, i assumed tht u travel there alot huh? smile.gif

i tot of goin to bandung tis october, just for SHOPPING! but the oni thing i worried was, some of frenz told me that u might get taxed by kastam in msia when u're comin bac from there. how true it is actually?

another question of mine is, if im goin to bali, how long it takes for me to travel to bandung? wat r the transportation that i can use to travel there? approximately how long does it takes?

This post has been edited by garyhew: Apr 6 2008, 09:01 PM
x3oN[v3]
post Apr 6 2008, 09:30 PM

[ - x 3 o N - ] | v ³ |
1,460 posts

QUOTE(garyhew @ Apr 6 2008, 09:00 PM)
hi mr philip, it seemed that u r quite familiar wif bandung, i assumed tht u travel there alot huh?  smile.gif

i tot of goin to bandung tis october, just for SHOPPING! but the oni thing i worried was, some of frenz told me that u might get taxed by kastam in msia when u're comin bac from there. how true it is actually?

another question of mine is, if im goin to bali, how long it takes for me to travel to bandung? wat r the transportation that i can use to travel there? approximately how long does it takes?
as long as u cut off the price tags and throw away the packaging, you'll pass the custom
Mr. Philip
post Apr 8 2008, 08:37 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(garyhew @ Apr 6 2008, 09:00 PM)
hi mr philip, it seemed that u r quite familiar wif bandung, i assumed tht u travel there alot huh?  smile.gif

Hi gary,

I've only traveled to Bandung once but was really lucky that I had a local friend with me throughout the whole trip..its always better to have a local to bring you everywhere right? I also have a few Indonesian friends from Jakarta who frequents Bandung alot..so I know sikit2 loor..hehe

back to your concern..x3oN[v3] has already given you the answer..if you wanna be sure..you can always just bring a pair of jeans/1-2 shirts and you're good to go..wear your new cloths when you are there..anyway the Kastam officers are more interested if you bring out cigarettes rather than cloths..and no drugs too mate..tongue.gif

I'm always promoting this friend of mine who's also a part time tour guide..feel free to let me know if you need one there..

cheers!
mig29n
post Apr 18 2008, 12:41 PM

32 posts

Hi,

Mr Philip, does your friend know any trader that supply wholesale ...esp cloth

I am going to bandung this coming June ... care to share your part time tour guide with me
Mr. Philip
post Apr 24 2008, 03:37 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

Hi mig29n,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not too sure about his contacts with wholesale supplier..

What I can do is to pass you his email..you can contact him directly..just PM me..tongue.gif
zickey
post Aug 26 2008, 01:24 PM

VAPENESTJELUTONG
2,125 posts

Planning to go to Jakarta and Bandung this October. Any tips or maybe you guys wanna share your experience over there?
mat403
post Aug 29 2008, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(zickey @ Aug 26 2008, 01:24 PM)
Planning to go to Jakarta and Bandung this October. Any tips or maybe you guys wanna share your experience over there?
u go to this forum : http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?ti...&extra=page%3D1
a lot tips being given here..

mygenesis
post Aug 29 2008, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

bandung is heaven 4 shopping!!
nonadoes
post Aug 29 2008, 05:24 PM

On my way
509 posts

yes..i agree with you..bandung is heaven for shopping.
compare to thailand, it is slightly more expensive..
but their product is much more quality....love it over there.. too bad i only spend one day there..i dont think is enough..

i think dont bother to shop at jakarta. the stuff they have there is comparable to thailand quality if you ask me. i cannot get a thing from jakarta at all despite all the shopping center. the price is much higher compare to bandung comparable to KL.

Get more money, shop till you drop in bandung. thats it....lol..
mushkins
post Sep 2 2008, 05:30 PM

41 posts

Hie all,

Am planning a trip to Bandung at the end of November. It'll be my first time to Indonesia so I've got some questions.

1) Any hotels to recommend? It doesn't have to be fancy, just enough for two, most importantly clean and air-conditioned. Budget's around RM150 a night, if possible. Would be great if it's within walking distance to the factory outlets.

2) Besides shopping at the factory outlets, eating and visiting the volcano, what else is there to do? Also, where are the factory outlets located? Is it a whole area full of outlets or are they scattered here and there so we have to travel by cab to those places?

3) What brands are common at the factory outlets? And how cheap is cheap? How much do you recommend I bring for shopping?

4) Do they speak English there or can I get by with some BM here and there?

Thanks soooo much for the help. smile.gif I really appreciate it!
aliewz
post Sep 2 2008, 05:43 PM

1 posts

Holiday Inn or Novotel is right smack in the middle of the factory outlet. The outlets are all scatter around but you can usually walk since it's usually on the same row.

If you have a chance, do go to Rumah mode (that's by far the best outlet) and they sell alot of cheap MNG clothes, True Religions, Guess etc.. and if you want to relax and enjoy good food, go to Kampung Daun but it's about 30 to 45 mins ride away.

Enjoy!

Added on September 2, 2008, 5:50 pmAdd....

They do speak English and Indonesian Malay, so there's no problem with language.

And bandung is very unlike Jakarta and Bali, so bring Indonesian Rupiah because there is NO money changer except in the bank and that's closed over the weekend or as early as 4pm (cos I remember having to use my credit card instead of the foreign currency I brought), you can change RM / USD / major currency in the hotel.

And if you're going to be there during the weekend, i would advise you to book earlier because there's alot of Jakarta people who goes to bandung for weekend (cos it's cool), so the hotel rooms are usually very full but almost empty during weekdays.

Guess jeans can be purchase for less than Rm100 per pair - is that a good indicator of the prices? Food is really cheap but getting around is difficult, there's always the small mini vans that costs around RM0.40 to Rm0.60 if you dare to take it.

This post has been edited by aliewz: Sep 2 2008, 05:50 PM
mushkins
post Sep 2 2008, 06:03 PM

41 posts

smile.gif thanks so much!

is it better to call and make bookings at the hotel? cos i looked them up online and it seems quite complicated to book online? and most of them don't have proper websites too.

mmm, so i guess shopping is pretty darn cheap there huh? how much should i bring for some major shopping? haha.

yes, i've heard about those mini vans, called 'angkot' or something right? what do you mean if i dare take it? =/ what's wrong with them?

oh yeah, i also read that i shouldn't eat in stalls by the streets, should go to proper restaurants instead cos it's clean and cheap. how much should i allocate for meals then?
altung
post Sep 2 2008, 10:24 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

^if u want to take angkot, u must know the routes and for the food..i suggest u to go to "BMC" (Bandung Milk Center) grew up in dutch colonial till now
Cas
post Sep 2 2008, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Wow now i'm tempted to go biggrin.gif

68 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 PM