Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
55 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bandung (Travel)

marshmellow
post Feb 13 2008, 05:44 PM

Group: Junior Member

hi all .. i just wanted to know how much expenses do we need if we are going to bandung??
the expenses must include the hotel and transportation..
m going there soon with my 2 friends but we are not too sure we is the best place to go thr..

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mr. Philip
post Feb 13 2008, 08:54 PM

Getting Started

Helloo..

Just to share my experience during my last visit to Bandung in September last year..

I took a Go Holiday package from airasia which cost me 1.5k for 2 pax and both my gf and I brought 1k each for expenses..

If you are a shopaholic..I suggest 1-2k for shopping alone..there's plenty of factory outlet that you can shop your a** off..the only drawback is..I'm not sure if those branded items are really authentic..but having to pay only 20ringgit for a polo T I'm pretty satisfied..for guys..you can easily shop for cloths at the range of 20-50ringgit..collar-t and t-shirts are widely available but most shops sell the same designs...I myself spent only 500rm on shopping to completely change my wardrobe..mostly collar T/Tshirts/and a few shirts/short pants..

as for ladies..don't expect too much of those fancy LV, Gucci or Prada..but generally the type that you can get in sg.wang..I saw a pair of gucci leather shoe for men which cost about 300RM..very cheap if its original but..how sure are you? I gave it a pass..

transportation are pretty cheap if you take Angkots (small vans made to carry ppl)..1000-2000 ruppiah per trip..I took Angkot all time as I had a Bandung friend with me..so that saved me alot..but if you can't take the idea of having to squeeze with 20ppl in such a small van then you can always take a cab...

places that you must visit and things you must do..

1) Jalan Chihampelas for shopping, there alot of places for shopping, just google and jot them down..

2) Gunung Tangkuban Perahu(volcanic crater)..prepare to spend at least half a day there..take the long 1hr walk down to the other crater with hot geysers where you can boil eggs..wash your face maybe..its not too easy to walk and its pretty far..to me at least but worth it..and there's 3 craters for you to visit..if you can't take that then probably you can just relax at the main Queen Crater...

3) Dago atas..a place with few resturants...very nice ambient..great for dinner..its up hill so its abit cooler...I had a pleasant dinner in one of the restaurant name Congo..

4) Clubs! the clubs are fun..simple as that..hehe..

this may not sound too nice to the ladies but I've always being told by my Indonesian friends that if you have not tried Bandung girls..you've never been to Bandung...and yes..I've "not" been to Bandung..hahaha..

Weather is nice..cooling but not as cold as genting..so..don't go packing your winter cloths there..my suggestion is to pack just 1-2sets of cloths with you and buy all the cloths you need in Bandung..save the luggage space..

My friend in Bandung is doing part-time tour guide...if you are interested to engage him for a small fee..let me know and I'll pass you his contact..

Have fun!

Added on February 13, 2008, 9:01 pmbtw...please make sure you ask for the charges before you get into a cab...I got slaughter 100k(about 37ringgit) ruppiah for a 15minutes ride from the airport to the hotel...a Malaysian couple who we met in the hotel paid only 40k ruppiah..

enjoy being Millionaire! hehehe

Just a little Update here, I've been getting many PMs for the contacts of my friend mentioned above. He is now relocated to another state due to work commitment so he's not able to do anymore part time tour in Bandung. Sorrytongue.gif

This post has been edited by Mr. Philip: Mar 24 2009, 08:28 PM
+Quote Post
marshmellow
post Feb 13 2008, 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Philip @ Feb 13 2008, 07:54 PM)
Helloo..

Just to share my experience during my last visit to Bandung in September last year..

I took a Go Holiday package from airasia which cost me 1.5k for 2 pax and both my gf and I brought 1k each for expenses..

If you are a shopaholic..I suggest 1-2k for shopping alone..there's plenty of factory outlet that you can shop your a** off..the only drawback is..I'm not sure if those branded items are really authentic..but having to pay only 20ringgit for a polo T I'm pretty satisfied..for guys..you can easily shop for cloths at the range of 20-50ringgit..collar-t and t-shirts are widely available but most shops sell the same designs...I myself spent only 500rm on shopping to completely change my wardrobe..mostly collar T/Tshirts/and a few shirts/short pants..

as for ladies..don't expect too much of those fancy LV, Gucci or Prada..but generally the type that you can get in sg.wang..I saw a pair of gucci leather shoe for men which cost about 300RM..very cheap if its original but..how sure are you? I gave it a pass..

transportation are pretty cheap if you take Angkots (small vans made to carry ppl)..1000-2000 ruppiah per trip..I took Angkot all time as I had a Bandung friend with me..so that saved me alot..but if you can't take the idea of having to squeeze with 20ppl in such a small van then you can always take a cab...

places that you must visit and things you must do..

1) Jalan Chihampelas for shopping, there alot of places for shopping, just google and jot them down..

2) Gunung Tangkuban Perahu(volcanic crater)..prepare to spend at least half a day there..take the long 1hr walk down to the other crater with hot geysers where you can boil eggs..wash your face maybe..its not too easy to walk and its pretty far..to me at least but worth it..and there's 3 craters for you to visit..if you can't take that then probably you can just relax at the main Queen Crater...

3) Dago atas..a place with few resturants...very nice ambient..great for dinner..its up hill so its abit cooler...I had a pleasant dinner in one of the restaurant name Congo..

4) Clubs! the clubs are fun..simple as that..hehe..

this may not sound too nice to the ladies but I've always being told by my Indonesian friends that if you have not tried Bandung girls..you've never been to Bandung...and yes..I've "not" been to Bandung..hahaha..

Weather is nice..cooling but not as cold as genting..so..don't go packing your winter cloths there..my suggestion is to pack just 1-2sets of cloths with you and buy all the cloths you need in Bandung..save the luggage space..

My friend in Bandung is doing part-time tour guide...if you are interested to engage him for a small fee..let me know and I'll pass you his contact..

Have fun!

Added on February 13, 2008, 9:01 pmbtw...please make sure you ask for the charges before you get into a cab...I got slaughter 100k(about 37ringgit) ruppiah for a 15minutes ride from the airport to the hotel...a Malaysian couple who we met in the hotel paid only 40k ruppiah..

enjoy being Millionaire! hehehe
thanx for the info.. i really appreciate it bro..
well i've google n found that whenever we reached the airport we have to buy cab coupon
so possiblty get ripp off is quite low.. but m aint sure bout tis...
your frens work as a tour guide in bandung??
if yess how much does it cost for 1 day tour???
+Quote Post
flameboy3
post Feb 13 2008, 10:42 PM

Getting Started

dude...bandung is a shopping heaven...at chimpalas aka jeans street..they sell all kind of jeans..yup but carefull with the taxis when youre in bandung like what mr philip says.All the taxis wont use the meter so they can charge you kaw2..so go with the taxis that use meter.I more prefer angkut2 it same like tut2 in thailand.
+Quote Post
Mr. Philip
post Feb 14 2008, 12:25 AM

Getting Started

I've never heard of a cab coupon...there's a few safer taxi companies if i'm not mistaken one of them is the blue taxi with a bird logo..

anyway..better be safe than sorry right?my recommendation is to get a taxi from the airport taxi counter..they are more tourist friendly...at least they don't rip you off...

I've PMed you my friend's contact..he's doing it part time..let me know once you have emailed him..I'll sms to inform him I recommended you..then you guys can discuss from there..he's a personal friend so I'm not earning anything from him...
+Quote Post
marshmellow
post Feb 14 2008, 10:44 AM

QUOTE(Mr. Philip @ Feb 13 2008, 11:25 PM)
I've never heard of a cab coupon...there's a few safer taxi companies if i'm not mistaken one of them is the blue taxi with a bird logo..

anyway..better be safe than sorry right?my recommendation is to get a taxi from the airport taxi counter..they are more tourist friendly...at least they don't rip you off...

I've PMed you my friend's contact..he's doing it part time..let me know once you have emailed him..I'll sms to inform him I recommended you..then you guys can discuss from there..he's a personal friend so I'm not earning anything from him...
hai philips i already emailed ur buddy and just wait for his reply..
thx alot bro hope tis trip will be a great trip for me n my frens...
+Quote Post
jeremy0
post Feb 14 2008, 05:40 PM

This
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Mr. Philip @ Feb 14 2008, 12:25 AM)

Thats the blue bird taxi, get a prepaid card and set their phone no. Its a radio taxi service which could take about 10mins to get to ur location.....

For airport taxi get coupon from airport, its fixed at 30000 rp...just at the booth outside the toilet

I just came back from there last week, pretty hot weather lately but better than malaysia anytime....

Adding to shopping, there are some food u must try

Batagor Kingsley,
Milkshake
Ikan Gurame
Nasi Padang Ikasari (Opposite mutiara hotel)
Bakso Malang
Martabak
Kartika Sari Pisang Molen
Siumay
Hoka Bento
And lots more
Bakmie near pasar baru

U can try their local roadside stalls, throughout the whole 4 days i never got food poisoning....

Its all bloody cheap, less than 15000rp per serving

Oh ya, if u take angkutan just ask them what direction they are going and if u wanna stop, say "kiri" which they'll drop u off....1000rp-3000rp per person
+Quote Post
flameboy3
post Feb 14 2008, 05:59 PM

Getting Started

try their cheese brownies...yummy..

This post has been edited by flameboy3: Feb 14 2008, 06:00 PM
+Quote Post
Mr. Philip
post Feb 14 2008, 08:06 PM

Getting Started

hey marshmellow..I've inform my friend already and he'll reply you soon...

Oh yeah..kartika is the place you must visit too..lots of cookies/biscuits you can get to bring home..

my favourite is their otak2 and not forgeting the ever popular teh botol..you can get them everywhere..

jeremy: now you have mentioned it..the food..oh my..they have very famous yogurt too..
+Quote Post
jeremy0
post Feb 14 2008, 08:30 PM

This
Group: Senior Member

Thats right Mr. Phillips, i don't really care for the shopping much...but food, gosh still haven't explore & taste everything yet...even their chilly sauce cabai rawit is better than ours
+Quote Post
Mr. Philip
post Feb 18 2008, 03:52 AM

Getting Started

hello mr mashmellow..did you manage to contact my friend??

anyway..pls share your experience here once you've returned...hehe..
+Quote Post
miss_lavendar
post Feb 18 2008, 11:25 PM

Group: New Member

hi...
i came back from bandung a week ago. Would say that it's a millionaire experience. haha...

for me, we had chaffeur driving us all over the place. 3 of us so bout RM100 for the 2 days, including shopping and dinner. U can arrange with ur hotel. Safer that way.

we did not dare to take angkatan kota as it's really alot of passengers in a mini van. well, we shopped alot so a chaffeur is better options. then goodies keep in the car then the driver wait til we come out from the shop. Felt really like millionaire.

I spent bout 2.8million...haha...in Rp of cos. RM 1k. Be careful when choosing ur clothes. u could be lucky like us...some without defects. even at the tag behind.

food wise, we didnot try the stalls by the road. scare food poison. Best dinner was at Kampuing Daun on top of the hill. Nice ambient. but bit cold. Japanese food r great too.

Places for shopping u can google it. but We were 1st timers so wasted time on few places. Places we like was Heritage, Cascade(sells almost same as Heritage but better organisation and look more high class) they are both next to each other. Rumah Mode can try all the clothes. Where as Heritage and Cascade only let u try dress n non t-shirt material.

As mR.Philip says no luck on LV or Gucci. BUt Cascade has a few which looks quite ok. Bout RM300 for LV n gucci bags. Shoes was pretty disappointed as we thought since it's shoes so we dun mind if it's not authentic. But it's worse than we thought. Something like Pasar malam ones.

Weather is just nice for shopping. Rain only during evening time awhile only. if u like u can oso go to this Matahari mall at jalan Dago. Ralph Lauren Polo boutique...very cheap!! but somehow the sizes a bit smaller but what a heck. RM400+ polo in kl it's only RM61 there. Even i got some shorts which is same material as here but only RM40 but here RM300. Ralph Pauren is really worth buying.

For girls who loves Top Shop, MNG,Esprit like me u can find alot in Rumah Mode. Banana republic worth buying cos msia dunhave. But i didnot cos find it expensive for t shirt material at RM40 for a singlet/spaghetti strap.

Happy Shopping.

+Quote Post
blessedfin
post Feb 19 2008, 12:24 AM

Casual

QUOTE(miss_lavendar @ Feb 18 2008, 11:25 PM)
hi...
i came back from bandung a week ago. Would say that it's a millionaire experience. haha...

for me, we had chaffeur driving us all over the place. 3 of us so bout RM100 for the 2 days, including shopping and dinner. U can arrange with ur hotel. Safer that way.

we did not dare to take angkatan kota as it's really alot of passengers in a mini van. well, we shopped alot so a chaffeur is better options. then goodies keep in the car then the driver wait til we come out from the shop. Felt really like millionaire.

I spent bout 2.8million...haha...in Rp of cos. RM 1k. Be careful when choosing ur clothes. u could be lucky like us...some without defects. even at the tag behind.

food wise, we didnot try the stalls by the road. scare food poison. Best dinner was at Kampuing Daun on top of the hill. Nice ambient. but bit cold. Japanese food r great too.

Places for shopping u can google it. but We were 1st timers so wasted time on few places. Places we like was Heritage, Cascade(sells almost same as Heritage but better organisation and look more high class) they are both next to each other. Rumah Mode can try all the clothes. Where as Heritage and Cascade only let u try dress n non t-shirt material.

As mR.Philip says no luck on LV or Gucci. BUt Cascade has a few which looks quite ok. Bout RM300 for LV n gucci bags. Shoes was pretty disappointed as we thought since it's shoes so we dun mind if it's not authentic. But it's worse than we thought. Something like Pasar malam ones.

Weather is just nice for shopping. Rain only during evening time awhile only. if u like u can oso go to this Matahari mall at jalan Dago. Ralph Lauren Polo boutique...very cheap!! but somehow the sizes a bit smaller but what a heck. RM400+ polo in kl it's only RM61 there. Even i got some shorts which is same material as here but only RM40 but here RM300. Ralph Pauren is really worth buying.

For girls who loves Top Shop, MNG,Esprit like me u can find alot in Rumah Mode. Banana republic worth buying cos msia dunhave. But i didnot cos find it expensive for t shirt material at RM40 for a singlet/spaghetti strap.

Happy Shopping.
I give u reccomendation of fashion outlet in Bandung..
it called Rumah Mode located in Jl. setiabudi..people there know that outlet..
the goods are really good! u wont be dissapointed! try it out!
+Quote Post
killingspree
post Feb 19 2008, 11:53 PM

Casual

oooo, sound interesting, i might go to bandung this august with family, just want to know, is that brand shirt or merchandise is original or just like siam copy cat?.. hehe
+Quote Post
flameboy3
post Feb 20 2008, 12:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(killingspree @ Feb 19 2008, 11:53 PM)
oooo, sound interesting, i might go to bandung this august with family, just want to know, is that brand shirt or merchandise is original or just like siam copy cat?.. hehe
Depends la bro....some of them are factory reject,gred A n gred e.
+Quote Post
Mr. Philip
post Feb 20 2008, 02:04 AM

Getting Started

I suppose if its sold in those branded outlet..probably they're original..

but most of the shopping places in Bandung are called factory outlet...majority of them are some old mansion/bungalow renovated to make them an outlet..which sells alot of brands..

they have plenty of "Polo" collar shirts as well as brands like Nike etc etc etc...and most of them sells Man U jersey too..but only 1 type..hehe...

to me they were really cheap..so didn't bother much if its really original or not..

This post has been edited by Mr. Philip: Feb 20 2008, 02:05 AM
+Quote Post
killingspree
post Feb 20 2008, 03:37 AM

Casual

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Feb 20 2008, 12:19 AM)
Depends la bro....some of them are factory reject,gred A n gred e.
just asking, bro,, because i just came back from padang besar, perlis. shopping like crazy there, all siamese copy cat. lol.... although the brand there just copy cat, suprisingly, with good quality like shirt, jersey and a lot of football merchandise... thumbup.gif

Added on February 20, 2008, 3:39 am
QUOTE(Mr. Philip @ Feb 20 2008, 02:04 AM)
I suppose if its sold in those branded outlet..probably they're original..

but most of the shopping places in Bandung are called factory outlet...majority of them are some old mansion/bungalow renovated to make them an outlet..which sells alot of brands..

they have plenty of "Polo" collar shirts as well as brands like Nike etc etc etc...and most of them sells Man U jersey too..but only 1 type..hehe...

to me they were really cheap..so didn't bother much if its really original or not..
how about chicks there?... lol.... cun or not... tongue.gif...they sell in factory outlet too? whistling.gif brows.gif

just wonder, is it good to visit bandung using agent ?

This post has been edited by killingspree: Feb 20 2008, 03:41 AM
+Quote Post
Mr. Philip
post Feb 20 2008, 04:28 PM

Getting Started

Bandung is also famous for their colleges and institute..so you know there's plenty of young ppl in town..kekekeke..just go to the clubs and you'll find out more...
+Quote Post
flameboy3
post Feb 20 2008, 07:18 PM

Getting Started

Beside shopping heaven its call chicks paradise.I got a lot of friends in jakarta.They said to me..bandung chicks is superb n damn cun.You can go to cihampalas walk n clubbing scene is around there.

When i reach there,saw this hot chicks..damn..breath taking.But,shes the airport cleaner.Damn,said to myself..if in malaysia.Shes gonna be a super model.They all friendly n soft spoken either male n female.

Padang besar is a gred c compare to bandung.

For anyone going to bandung.If you bookd before 24th Feb.Travelling period on Julai or Augst.Return ticket for asia is only RM178 per person.All in.
+Quote Post
rayleow
post Feb 20 2008, 07:35 PM

ms.lavender,blessedfin,mrphillip, bandung sounds like a good place for shopping. would u say 2 nites/2 full day is sufficient to cover all shopping stores?

do they have clothes for particular season during a particular time? are they mostly summer clothes all year round??

+Quote Post

55 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0669sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:30 AM