5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Shameless TV FAQs, Minor update 04/02/2010

views

Date Masamune
post Jan 29 2009, 10:43 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

i tried with 2 ps2 , and a vcd player ( sony) , still no color , i meant when watch normal channel got color no problem , but when change to video mode no color , tried to select auto ( press menu , then go to setting , choose NTSC4.43 , then wait abit till menu dissapeared ) , then still no color , i tried using other method , i meant use 3rd party item , like VGA box i think and some device my fren brought ( instead of selecting video mode , i need to search for the channel using the search laaa ) , baru ada color......but already give that item back....anyway , both of the ps2 i tried at shop before bringing home , at their tv got color , note played PAL only got color , like RE4 PAL , but NTSC no color

p/s is there any setting of NTSC/PAL on ur console ( ps2 , xbo360 , ps3 etc etc)
TSgundamalpha
post Jan 29 2009, 11:12 AM

☆彡TITS☆彡
Group: Senior Member

I can't really answer your TV question as of now, but I'll check on my 21" Trinitron when I get home later. For PS2, all games running on 50Hz will be switched to PAL and 60Hz display on NTSC mode only (even though the game is PAL region). I can't answer this for PS3 though since I don't have any PAL PS3 game to confirm this. For 360 it depends on the hardware (against PS2 depending of software), meaning a PAL 360 will display in PAL mode whether the games is running on 50Hz or 60Hz.

There's another way to get around the PAL/NTSC color display issue, but it's less common in our country. I'm talking about using RGB (not component), but since this kind of input is almost non existent in this country I'll refrain from going any further.
Date Masamune
post Jan 29 2009, 11:58 AM

Casual

please do that , and show me the result , sakit mata see black and white only , if anyother setting need to be chaged ( other than the NTSC4.43/PAL/AUTO ) please tell me ASAP

p/s ur using ur trinitorn to play ps3?? soo?? ok the quality?
TSgundamalpha
post Jan 29 2009, 12:10 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

I haven't been bothered to play PS3 using CRT honestly, can't answer you that. But 360 on a 29" CRT is already a pain due to the small texts and borders. My CRTs are used strictly for DVDs and older games
Date Masamune
post Jan 29 2009, 12:19 PM

Casual

heh , the days of crt is numbered ,.........but i think it is still decent enough to atleast enjoy the games.........dun really have the money to buy a console and HD tv at the same time , anyway if u tried on ur crt tv trinitron , do tell me the result ,

p/s du forget about my prob kay
TSgundamalpha
post Jan 29 2009, 06:13 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

Just did a quick serch on my TV, and yes, it's possible to set the color system without a remote. May be you'd want to change the settings manually. There are four choices:
1. B/G
2. I
3. D/K
4. M
xxboxx
post Jan 29 2009, 06:14 PM

Be like water

QUOTE(Date Masamune @ Jan 29 2009, 10:43 AM)
i tried with 2 ps2 , and a vcd player ( sony) , still no color , i meant when watch normal channel got color no problem , but when change to video mode no color , tried to select auto ( press menu , then go to setting , choose NTSC4.43 , then wait abit till menu dissapeared ) , then still no color , i tried using other method , i meant use 3rd party item , like VGA box i think and some device my fren brought ( instead of selecting video mode , i need to search for the channel using the search laaa ) , baru ada color......but already give that item back....anyway , both of the ps2 i tried at shop before bringing home , at their tv got color , note played PAL only got color , like RE4 PAL , but NTSC no color
p/s is there any setting of NTSC/PAL on ur console ( ps2 , xbo360 , ps3 etc etc)

ok, so it's really the tv problem. maybe your tv AV input didn't support NTSC, but that would be really strange.. how about NTSC 3.58?

Date Masamune
post Jan 29 2009, 09:56 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gundamalpha @ Jan 29 2009, 06:13 PM)
Just did a quick serch on my TV, and yes, it's possible to set the color system without a remote. May be you'd want to change the settings manually. There are four choices:
1. B/G
2. I
3. D/K
4. M
can explain , i think i dun find the choices , its only , PAL , AUTO and NTSC4.43

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Jan 29 2009, 06:14 PM)
ok, so it's really the tv problem. maybe your tv AV input didn't support NTSC, but that would be really strange.. how about NTSC 3.58?
just NTSC4.43 only , no 3.58

neoardi
post Jan 31 2009, 02:52 PM

Membanteras Pembenci

QUOTE(Date Masamune @ Jan 28 2009, 07:03 PM)
i want to ask , im currently using a crt tv , 21inch Sony Trinitron , i dun know how to change the PAL/NTSC option , i think im stuck with PAL becoz only my PAL region PS2 games got color , when playing NTSC , no color , i lost the remote along time ago , imagine playing PS2 without color for 5 years ( only PAL games have , but very few i got ) , i tested it with RE4 , which have 2 option , NTSC and PAL , when i choose NTSC no color , but if play as PAL , have color.........its true story , im not lying.....tension already , now planning to buy new gen console , but if no color no use right.....anyway can teach me how to change the PAL/NTSC setting by manual , or i need to buy a new remote control ( if have can tell me where to buy and what price ) , if can manual pls teach me , i tried just pressing the menu , and choose NTSC , but when playing , still no color , ( tried AUTO also but still the same ) ,

my tv : CRT Sony Trinitron 21inch

my current console : PS2

my problem : NO color in most games , and NTSC is the majority ( like 99%) ,. only PAL got color

my hope : TEACH ME HOW TO CHANGE THE SETTING via manual , suffers for almost 5 years playing PS2 with no color ( imagine that )

thx
OMG! shocking.gif U playing PS2 for 5 years without colors? doh.gif
I might hv the answer for ur problem... I've been using the N-PAL converter for 12 years now to plug the PS1 and PS2 to my old CRT.
user posted image
Mine is exactly the same as in the picture.. try asking the game shops for it, if u lucky, they might hv it in stock.... icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by neoardi: Jan 31 2009, 02:53 PM
TSgundamalpha
post Jan 31 2009, 02:56 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

I used to use the exact thing too, but only for PS1 blush.gif Oddly enough my modded PAL PS2 can display NTSC games with color without that.

This post has been edited by gundamalpha: Jan 31 2009, 02:56 PM
Date Masamune
post Feb 1 2009, 01:01 AM

Casual

heii i once use tat stuff too borrowed from my fren , have color make me very happy that time ( if only my fren dun come and take it back home with him ) , thus that device can be use for PS3 or 360?? and how much is it

p/s if can be use for ps3 and 360 , u dun know how much it make me Happy , 5 years of No Color.......>T__T i remmeber the suffering , the sakit mata and the respect i get for finishing games from by have color tv buddies T__T

This post has been edited by Date Masamune: Feb 1 2009, 01:03 AM
neoardi
post Feb 1 2009, 11:42 AM

Membanteras Pembenci

QUOTE(Date Masamune @ Feb 1 2009, 01:01 AM)
heii i once use tat stuff too borrowed from my fren  , have color make me very happy that time ( if only my fren dun come and take it back home with him ) , thus that device can be use for PS3 or 360?? and how much is it
p/s if can be use for ps3 and 360 , u dun know how much it make me Happy , 5 years of No Color.......>T__T i remmeber the suffering , the sakit mata and the respect i get for finishing games from by have color tv buddies T__T
If it works with PS1 & PS2, it will definitely works with PS3, coz it still using the same PS AV composite slot...but not with x360....
the price, not too sure... icon_rolleyes.gif
Date Masamune
post Feb 1 2009, 12:15 PM

Casual

using it not the same like use AV cable right , i meant if using AV ,just press the video button on ur tv , but using the stuff u need to search for the video if im not wrong , hopely it will work for both consoles
Dark NT
post Feb 23 2009, 01:00 PM

Regular

got a question here. i own a PS3 and a Aquos LCD TV.

many games that i played (such as fallout 3, silent hill 5, lost planet) - i experience a problem where the characters I see are very dark (from a 1st or 3rd person viewpoint)

this is especially when the character i control is facing the sun (or source of light), and he is looking at another character in front of him. its so dark i barely can recognise who is it.

i tried to adjust brightness and contrast and all other options available but the problem does not go away.

This post has been edited by Dark NT: Feb 23 2009, 01:01 PM
TSgundamalpha
post Feb 23 2009, 03:29 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

It's hard to be precise without actually seeing it myself, but my guess is lower your contrast, increase brightness, and set it to softer mode. See how it goes.
Dark NT
post Feb 23 2009, 04:50 PM

Regular

i try to capture screenshot for u gundam.. tks!!

---------

ok - easier to explan with screen shots.

game - fallout 3 with first person view.
TV - Sharp lc-37A63m
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 7500:1
Brightness 450 cd/m2

first screen - my back facing the sun, looking at a NPC
setting - 75% contrast (75% of max), default brightness - looks great

second screen - me facing the sun now, looking at the same NPC
setting - 75% contrast, default brightness - can;t see her face

third screen - me facing the sun now, looking at the same NPC
setting - suggested by gundam - minimal contrast, max brightness - bad too

fourth screen - me facing the sun now, looking at the same NPC
setting - 75% contrast, default brightness - a little better, still hardly can recognise her

any idea...?

Added on March 17, 2009, 11:32 amcry.. anyone can help?

This post has been edited by Dark NT: Mar 17 2009, 11:32 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
S4PH
post Apr 11 2009, 12:45 AM

adam_s4ph

its ur HDMI black level try adjusting it.
Dark NT
post Apr 12 2009, 02:58 AM

Regular

HDMI black level?
how to adjust... cry...

anyway i sold the game alreay
playing RE5 and no such problem at all
nazseha
post Apr 12 2009, 03:56 AM

Ownez with DualShock 3.

i think tat is the bug/glitch on PS3 compare to PC / 360...
Dark NT
post Apr 15 2009, 09:34 PM

Regular

not only this game la, got a few other games also
but i think i sold them already

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0809sec    1.99    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 10:34 AM