Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Food Good Restaurants in Subang Jaya or Sunway., Any type of food.

views

chanti-sama
post Mar 30 2009, 11:55 AM

Enthusiast
709 posts

USJ14 - pork noodle inside a supposedly dim sum restaurant... the sign board said dimsum but now looks like regular kopitiam. (near restoran de happyland)

USJ14 - behind de happyland the chicken rice stall also quite good.

SS19 - cornerlot kopitiam selling the pan mee, not bad.. have to take number though.

SS19 - after the field and malay stall, got 1 chinese restaurant make very good sweet n sour pork rice. yum yum

USJ court 3 - asam laksa in tien tien fatt.. quite good give alot of prawn paste, can ask for more. Same shop sells the pork noodle also another good one.
nick_myself
post Apr 22 2009, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

Well, I've stayed in Subang Jaya my whole life and somehow I have never tried some of the places listed in this thread. Must go and find already.

But anyways,

Pork Noodles in SS15 (same row as herbs and food; on the left)
Hokkien Mee (make sure to ka chi yau char - add lard) in SS15 (same row as KFC, corner coffee shop) - night time only --> Kwai Sun
Maggi Goreng Ayam in SS12 (Taj Curry House nearer to Dominos)
Tandoori in SS12 (the other Taj Curry House)
--> please keep in mind the above two Taj curry houses are different
Nonya Curry Laksa in USJ2 (corner coffee shop; the one beside Anggerik)
Nasi Kandar Utara in SS15 (same row as buy sell trade)

SS19 - cornerlot kopitiam selling the pan mee, not bad.. have to take number though.

Pan Mee in SS19 (corner coffee shop on your left after you turn into SS19 via the traffic lights)
Ipoh Chicken Rice in USJ --> it's the shop lots before the Sekolah Wawasan)

Some of the things I could think of; sorry, don't know all the names of the shop.

I heard there's a beer garden in USJ14; anybody knows where it is? I have never come across this.
Makakeke
post Apr 22 2009, 08:46 PM

Casual
310 posts

SS15 PORK NOODDDLLEESSSS!!!!!!!
stupid
post Apr 22 2009, 10:08 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

ss15 italian cafe next to salmon streak and opposite of taylor college(for get the name ,strat from alphabet A...)
-with red wine,and very quite,very few ppl,price arround tgi friday,italian chief open more than 8 yr,but sometime not arround

usj21 鸿丰dim sum,from 2 shop open to 3 shop in a row :sweat

陈秀莲鱼头also not bad,cheap n nice,haha

This post has been edited by stupid: Apr 22 2009, 10:12 PM
bonedragon
post Apr 23 2009, 04:37 AM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(stupid @ Apr 22 2009, 03:08 PM)
ss15 italian cafe next to salmon streak and opposite of taylor college(for get the name ,strat from alphabet A...)
-with red wine,and very quite,very few ppl,price arround tgi friday,italian chief open more than 8 yr,but sometime not arround

usj21 鸿丰dim sum,from 2 shop open to 3 shop in a row :sweat

陈秀莲鱼头also not bad,cheap n nice,haha
Allegro..kinda pricey though
SUSahjames
post Apr 23 2009, 09:40 AM

My Name James
1,337 posts

QUOTE(Makakeke @ Apr 22 2009, 08:46 PM)
SS15 PORK NOODDDLLEESSSS!!!!!!!
personelly nothing is worth a 45 min / 1 hour wait.

teochew boy i give up on ur noddles alrd. is not worth the wait.
@eMiLy
post Apr 23 2009, 09:42 AM

32 posts

I always prefer to go to Wong Soon Kee Kopitiam during the weekend morning/afternoon for the wantan noodle, vegetable rice and definately the chinese nasi lemak stall.

If you're going for japanese food, my vote will go to rakuzen. smile.gif

Don't go to pork noodle SS15 these days coz have to wait quite long for the noodle, I found a same taste pork noodle in Paramount area (at least don't have to wait so long) tongue.gif
bearbear
post Apr 24 2009, 02:39 AM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

maybe lunch hours, i went there a month ago at 130pm on weekdays and got served in 15 minutes. maybe i was just lucky. biggrin.gif
nick_myself
post Apr 24 2009, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(@eMiLy @ Apr 23 2009, 09:42 AM)
I always prefer to go to Wong Soon Kee Kopitiam during the weekend morning/afternoon for the wantan noodle, vegetable rice and definately the chinese nasi lemak stall.

If you're going for japanese food, my vote will go to rakuzen. smile.gif

Don't go to pork noodle SS15 these days coz have to wait quite long for the noodle, I found a same taste pork noodle in Paramount area (at least don't have to wait so long) tongue.gif
QUOTE(bearbear @ Apr 24 2009, 02:39 AM)
maybe lunch hours, i went there a month ago at 130pm on weekdays and got served in 15 minutes. maybe i was just lucky. biggrin.gif
Well, if you want to go there it's best that you go either early (around 11 am) or late (around 2 pm). I remember back in the days where it was located at that sort of motel there were times I waited for an hour. That, or go there order tell the lady that you come back in like half an hours time or so.
Crys_Crys
post Apr 25 2009, 10:10 AM

**{o_O}**
3,509 posts

Well i can intro you to one Chinese restaurant located in sunway area.
The location is quite hidden from the main road of Sunway.
It located at the sunway pyramid side of the road, went further down you will see a petrol station quite hidden next to the Sunway Inn near CIMB turn in to the petrol station there beside got 2 row of shop, its located at the first row once u enter there. There is one side with air cond another on with no air-cond.

Food that i would recomment will be
Hak Beh Pai Guat (Black Beer Pai Guat)
One of thier taufu is quite famous that you thought u eating steam egg insted of taufu.
The Fish dishes is absolute fantastic.

Give it a try and the price is very reasonable!!

fearz
post Apr 25 2009, 05:41 PM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(Crys_Crys @ Apr 25 2009, 10:10 AM)
Well i can intro you to one Chinese restaurant located in sunway area.
The location is quite hidden from the main road of Sunway.
It located at the sunway pyramid side of the road, went further down you will see a petrol station quite hidden next to the Sunway Inn near CIMB turn in to the petrol station there beside got 2 row of shop, its located at the first row once u enter there. There is one side with air cond another on with no air-cond.

Food that i would recomment will be
Hak Beh Pai Guat (Black Beer Pai Guat)
One of thier taufu is quite famous that you thought u eating steam egg insted of taufu.
The Fish dishes is absolute fantastic.

Give it a try and the price is very reasonable!!
Do you the name of the restoran?

Crys_Crys
post Apr 26 2009, 01:10 AM

**{o_O}**
3,509 posts

QUOTE(fearz @ Apr 25 2009, 05:41 PM)
Do you the name of the restoran?
i think is Sun Keng (Sun View or Sea View) i forgot >.<" cry.gif
SpectacularButter
post Apr 27 2009, 01:31 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

Recommend a stall in sunway can or not?

Try the Curry Laksa/Kai Si Hor Fun in the afternoon at Restoran Lai Kong. It is opposite Sunway Pyramid, somewhere behind Yuen' buffet, corner lot. The food is nice, cheap and big portion. It is run by an uncle and aunty i think.

This post has been edited by SpectacularButter: Apr 27 2009, 01:32 AM
stupid
post Apr 27 2009, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(Crys_Crys @ Apr 26 2009, 01:10 AM)
i think is Sun Keng (Sun View or Sea View)  i forgot >.<" cry.gif
sea view
"hoi geng"
saw this restoraunt at there before,but never try tongue.gif
kimmie
post Apr 27 2009, 04:05 PM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

try tj haus opposite of sj police station on 1st floor.nice ambience worth the money!:) google them
nick_myself
post Apr 27 2009, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(kimmie @ Apr 27 2009, 04:05 PM)
try tj haus opposite of sj police station on 1st floor.nice ambience worth the money!:) google them
I've eaten there before. Nice peaceful environment. Easy to find parking as it is not in SS15 or Taipan USJ. That time my friends and I had the sort of balcony portion all to ourselves. My friend "kam cheng" with the boss he let us bring our own liquor without paying corkage. rclxms.gif
kimmie
post Apr 27 2009, 04:37 PM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

another one good chinese restuarant halal came out review newspaper and jln2 cari makan is in usj 11 forgotten the name though

Added on April 27, 2009, 4:37 pm
QUOTE(nick_myself @ Apr 27 2009, 04:14 PM)
I've eaten there before. Nice peaceful environment. Easy to find parking as it is not in SS15 or Taipan USJ. That time my friends and I had the sort of balcony portion all to ourselves. My friend "kam cheng" with the boss he let us bring our own liquor without paying corkage.  rclxms.gif
a friend of mine purposely go there to admier the handsome german chef doh.gif

This post has been edited by kimmie: Apr 27 2009, 04:37 PM
nick_myself
post Apr 28 2009, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(kimmie @ Apr 27 2009, 04:37 PM)
another one good chinese restuarant halal came out review newspaper and jln2 cari makan is in usj 11 forgotten the name though

Added on April 27, 2009, 4:37 pm
a friend of mine purposely go there to admier the handsome german chef  doh.gif
USJ11 the row of shops where country barn is located; in the middle of the housing area?

admire the german chef? haha...next time my girl friends ask me where to eat I should recommend TJ Haus for the delicious german chef then...haha...

Oh yeah, try the food from pasar malam. There's a pretty good nasi lemak ayam. The loh bak ko or char kuay kak as it is known in penang is quite good. However, there are two stalls selling it; be sure to get the right one.
kimmie
post Apr 28 2009, 10:42 AM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

yeah nick thats the one but its the chinese restaurant in old nostalgia setting , btw everyone info the same row also have thai restuarant good place to chill as easy find parking and country barn has good life band. old music and dance floor u can see some peeps dancing with their partners during the weekend
nick_myself
post Apr 29 2009, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(kimmie @ Apr 28 2009, 10:42 AM)
yeah nick thats the one but its the chinese restaurant in old nostalgia setting , btw everyone info the same row also have thai restuarant good place to chill as easy find parking and country barn has good life band. old music and dance floor u can see some peeps dancing with their partners during the weekend
ic, must try it out one day. The owner of country barn is from my church, haha...

There's this Nasi Lemak USJ in USJ14; which I found out that at the other corner is the beer garden.
The sambal there is pretty good; the fried chicken is not bad, but could have been better as it was slightly overcooked.

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:00 AM