Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Food Good Restaurants in Subang Jaya or Sunway., Any type of food.

views

bearbear
post Apr 16 2008, 07:34 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(cloud9_lee @ Apr 16 2008, 07:15 PM)
Kinpachi Japanese Restaurant at SS17. (IMHO is better than Rakuzen)

Wak Dan Hor at Fatt Kee Mee Stall/Restaurant, 2nd Floor, Summit USJ. (this is a hidden gem, try it)

The Italian Restaurnat right next to Burger King, at USJ Taipan.

Tony Roma in Sunway Pyramid.

San Francisco Steakhouse in Summit USJ. (a lot better than The Ship, TGIF, etc.)

Chinese Nasi Lemak Stall in Wong Soon Kee Kopitiam, SS14. (2pm - 5pm only)

etc. etc. etc... too many to introduce. tongue.gif
It's name is Pizza Uno, always crowded esp on weekends.

Wong Soon Kee fried chicken ehh? tongue.gif
abcdefcuk
post Apr 17 2008, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

yes yes, WSK's Fried Chic FTW BAYBEH!
whitehalo
post Sep 29 2008, 01:54 AM

31 posts

Always living to eat?
Know places that serves delicious and mouth-watering food?

Share with us the best assam laksa/wantan mee/sushi/kebab/nasi lemak/rib-eye steak or anything that's good to eat at the Subang n PJ area.

Include directions so that other people can visit and eat there too! biggrin.gif

gregy
post Sep 29 2008, 02:09 AM

Casual
411 posts

Ok how about Asia Cafe in SS15, facing the famous colleges. Can cuci mata oso.

Then in Taipan behind True Fitness there's a Korean restaurant on the 1st or 2nd floor. If you stand in front of McD's and look towards the building you can see its advertisement on an electronic billboard. Forgot the name though.

In the mornings in USJ 11 there's a nasi lemak van parked in the housing area facing a block of shops. There's only one block of shops in USJ 11. If you like nasi lemak with freshly fried chicken check them out.

In Taipan also, opposite Kayu Nasi Kandar (up the road from SS15 McD's) there's a famous Hokkien fried noodles shop situated in a kopitiam. In fact there are two shops side by side, I prefer the one closer to Kayu.

A few shops away from Burger King in Taipan there's a pizza place. I can't remember the name of the shop, but they serve quality Italian fare at reasonable prices. Quite cosy and private especially indoors. They are opposite McD's.

Towards the end of USJ going towards the Kesas highway to Puchong and Shah Alam, I think it's USJ 18 or something like that. After the Petronas station keep left, and turn in at the junction. There are a few dim sum shops on the left worth checking out. Further down the road are a few steamboat places, one of them (AFAIK) serves porridge steamboat.
whitehalo
post Sep 29 2008, 02:20 AM

31 posts

"A few shops away from Burger King in Taipan there's a pizza place. "

I think its Pizza Uno. I love the pizzas there rclxms.gif

There also used to be rojak n cendol opposite the Shell petrol station in SS15, sold in a van. Wondering if its still there. Wana make a trip there one of these few days. biggrin.gif
laliloo
post Sep 29 2008, 02:27 AM

aloha achiko walalalala~
678 posts

the place changed, but still along that road, oppostie pan bakery now i think
gregy
post Sep 29 2008, 02:35 AM

Casual
411 posts

QUOTE(whitehalo @ Sep 29 2008, 02:20 AM)
"A few shops away from Burger King in Taipan there's a pizza place. "

I think its Pizza Uno. I love the pizzas there  rclxms.gif
There also used to be rojak n cendol opposite the Shell petrol station in SS15, sold in a van. Wondering if its still there. Wana make a trip there one of these few days.  biggrin.gif
Ya that rojak guy used to have many ppl lining up for his rojak. I remember having to be careful eating under the tree cos sometimes there are crows in the trees, dunno when they will let go their breakfast on my rojak LOL.

Now that you brought it up, there are two other famous rojak vendors in PJ, one in Tmn Mayang (under a tree also LOL) at the turning off from the LDP towards the old LimKokWing, the other one is in Sec 17. As you travel on Jln Universiti towards UH, turn left after you see the Honda showroom on your right further up the road. After turning left travel about 100m ahead, you'll see the rojak stall on the left, and yes, under a tree.

As for good pizzas and pasta, there's a Marco's (IINM) in Tmn Mayang (I think there's one in Bangsar Village as well). For the Tmn Mayang one, it's across the road from the Kelana Jaya LRT station near the pedestrian bridge.
stimix
post Sep 29 2008, 09:31 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Dun forget there are also two existing threads discussing best food in Subang Jaya here biggrin.gif :

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&hl=subang+food

For wider coverage of whole Klang Valley:

SPASTICZ
post Sep 29 2008, 10:52 AM

Enthusiast
889 posts

huh? got ar?
Vengeance_Mad
post Sep 29 2008, 11:01 AM

Aston-ishing
796 posts

QUOTE(gregy @ Sep 29 2008, 02:09 AM)
Ok how about Asia Cafe in SS15, facing the famous colleges. Can cuci mata oso.

For me, out of so many stalls in AC, Sadly only less than 5 of them is good.

Then in Taipan behind True Fitness there's a Korean restaurant on the 1st or 2nd floor. If you stand in front of McD's and look towards the building you can see its advertisement on an electronic billboard. Forgot the name though.

Korea BBQ.

In the mornings in USJ 11 there's a nasi lemak van parked in the housing area facing a block of shops. There's only one block of shops in USJ 11. If you like nasi lemak with freshly fried chicken check them out.

In Taipan also, opposite Kayu Nasi Kandar (up the road from SS15 McD's) there's a famous Hokkien fried noodles shop situated in a kopitiam. In fact there are two shops side by side, I prefer the one closer to Kayu.

Should be inside the Nanking Restaurant.

A few shops away from Burger King in Taipan there's a pizza place. I can't remember the name of the shop, but they serve quality Italian fare at reasonable prices. Quite cosy and private especially indoors. They are opposite McD's.

Someone answered bout this edi.

Towards the end of USJ going towards the Kesas highway to Puchong and Shah Alam, I think it's USJ 18 or something like that. After the Petronas station keep left, and turn in at the junction. There are a few dim sum shops on the left worth checking out. Further down the road are a few steamboat places, one of them (AFAIK) serves porridge steamboat.

Yeah, USJ 21 I think ? There are 2 chinese shops selling dimsums here.
Come here in the morning of Saturday or Sundays u will see lotsa ppl sitting by the table on the roadside.. xD

This post has been edited by Vengeance_Mad: Sep 29 2008, 11:02 AM
4G4life
post Oct 15 2008, 05:14 PM

17 posts

Restoran Sri Murni at SS2 PJ...
goldfries
post Oct 15 2008, 05:55 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

actually there's plenty of nice places.

it's just depends on your preference and budget. smile.gif
rodman
post Oct 21 2008, 11:30 AM

17 posts

http://masak-masak.blogspot.com/2008/08/fr...met-subang.html

well cook gourmet restaurant in subang jaya ss14. excellent local food. really tasty. they famous for their fried laksa. me personally love their adam laksa (soup), tomyam rice, tomyam fried rice, kampung fried rice, wantan hor, pohpia and claypot chicken rice
SUScyyong7121
post Oct 26 2008, 06:32 PM

0 posts

restaurant name : restaurant ma bo
pusat bandar puchong
delicious : fried crab

anyone try it before.....good taste...the famous thing is the crab

stimix
post Oct 26 2008, 07:14 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Very empty..deh...not famous at all...Last time they are famous for claypot chicken rice...but really empty-leh
QUOTE(cyyong7121 @ Oct 26 2008, 06:32 PM)
restaurant name : restaurant ma bo
              pusat bandar puchong
delicious : fried crab

anyone try it before.....good taste...the famous thing is the crab
PeNNyPupZ
post Oct 26 2008, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

Allegro at SS15. mm
Nnigue
post Nov 22 2008, 01:34 PM

Casual
403 posts

After staying in SS15 for the past 10 months, i have too my own favorite restaurants/mamak/cafes. Below are my humble opinions. Some may be repetitive, but it only goes to show how good the food is.

SS15
Foh Foh- fried mushroom @ vegetarian store/Nasi Lemak Ayam Rendang/Claypot chicken rice/"Teh Si Beh"/"lau shu fen" dry

As You Like It- Curry chicken rice/Fried chicken rice/A'la Indo fried rice

H20- Bubble tea (i personally like their pudding milk tea)/"chap fan" @ noon only

2 bucks shop- serves vegetarian food. RM2 for rice and three selection of vegetables. Food are not bad for the price, although slightly oily.

Uncle Seng- Home-made wantan mee

More to come...... *To be continue*
joeylny
post Nov 22 2008, 01:39 PM

On my way
554 posts

omg reading this thread makes me hungry
Nnigue
post Nov 22 2008, 11:10 PM

Casual
403 posts

SS15 alone already has endless selection.. haha
sezretz
post Nov 23 2008, 04:02 AM

22 posts

If Taipan :

-Logenhaus (fine dining & reasonable)
-Meaty Haus(forgot the name.. same row with the famous Wan ton Mee restaurant/ police boot ) Selling german food.
-Las Carretas(?)
-Overseas(?)
-Station 1(lol)
- Uno

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 PM