Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problematic House/Room Grievance, Post here.....

views

Carinmanfong
post May 26 2009, 09:27 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(pumpkinn @ May 26 2009, 05:49 PM)
no lar sel, i want to return the money, it is tommy's hard earn money....but i just want a sorry from her  cool2.gif but it seems to be so hard to get this word out of her mouth...i wonder  rolleyes.gif
rm600 is a big money. Enough to pay 1 month installment for a local car/ food/ insurance/petrol...
how many hours of OT has to claim to earn back the rm600. In this economy situation, every cent is important. cry.gif

don't waste any chance to get back the hard earn $$, you might see it small, but it takes a lot of effort to earn it back.

just my 2 cent worth of thoughts... blush.gif

This post has been edited by Carinmanfong: May 26 2009, 09:30 PM
pumpkinn
post May 26 2009, 09:51 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(Carinmanfong @ May 26 2009, 09:27 PM)
rm600 is a big money. Enough to pay 1 month installment for a local car/ food/ insurance/petrol...
how many hours of OT has to claim to earn back the rm600. In this economy situation, every cent is important.  cry.gif

don't waste any chance to get back the hard earn $$, you might see it small, but it takes a lot of effort to earn it back.

just my 2 cent worth of thoughts...  blush.gif
yes, u r right carin. looks like we care more on Tommy's money than his own gf. brows.gif

im ready to return him the money once i got the word 'sorry' from Syrian. as simple as ABC. laugh.gif
elblue
post May 29 2009, 03:59 PM

38 posts

hey guys. pumpkin, ure rite..deposit doesnt mean to be refundable. its yours.

I wanna ask..what the owner can do if the tenant doesnt want to move out and extend for 1 more week?

I have paid my half deposit early MAY to this owner @ Ampang damai condominium, and he said the tenant will move out latest by 1st June but if they move out early, he'll inform me..and he also said MAYBE i can move in by 29th or 30th. So by now i need to prepare the transportation, lorry, packing my things, take leave and all. but last 2 days, i wanted to confirmed with the owner, when actually i can move in the house...and he replied, he just call the tenant and they said they will move out by 5th May..im a bit pissed off to hear that but still maintaining my voice..I said i need to move out from my current house by 1st June coz thats what he promised me..1st June..he said he will call the tenant back and push them out. And i waited..

Yesterday nite i tried to call him to ask his confirmation.. but 1st ring no anwers..2nd ring no answer..pause for half an hour i tried to call him again and he off his handphone!! and for today, i call him at lunch but still no answer..and that's why im here..im starting to worried if the owner lies. but if he dont, what he can do to make the tenant go away? I have a lot of things to do for this 'move-in" date..i need to organize my things such as lorry, packing n all..but why he doesnt give any responds.

And what the owner can do if the tenant doesnt want to move out till next2 week?

And what can i do if the ownner lies??

P/s Ive receive the receipt on the day i paid for the owner.
The security knows the owner.

Thank you so much.
pumpkinn
post May 29 2009, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

@elblue, i want to return the money becuz Tommy was friendly to me. and they are not going to stay, feel bad taking his money for nothing.

but for ur case, i think ur owner got some problems. cuz there are a lot of things he or she can do if the tenants do not want to move out. if i were the owner, the current tenant is allowed to extend their stay only if nobody is going to take the room. but now u have paid the deposit. so obviously, this is the owner problem, he doesnt do as he promised.

maybe u can try to make a police report if u still couldnt reach him.if the owner is one of the lowyat net members, u can post his big name up here as well (like wat SYRIAN has done to me tongue.gif)

but as far as i know, receipt does not work as i have consulted a lawyer before (when my tenant refused to pay the electricity bill as he promised). but still, you can have a try.

wish you luck!!!!
arsenwagon
post Jun 15 2009, 03:03 AM

all ur bass are belong to usa
2,227 posts

uh, let'ss ay i pay a deposit already , can the landlord jack up the price?
like when you're just about to move in, and he says "this morning a guy came and offered me Rm100 more than you, can you match his offer? if not then i have to rent it to him "

any lawyers here? pls help
PrincZe
post Jun 15 2009, 04:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

i hate these kind of things..happen to me before..say price went up..coz alot ppl want..so ok lo..pay deposit 1st..manatau..gone..say on vacation =.=
Shinnen
post Aug 5 2009, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(xiuxiu @ May 20 2009, 03:01 PM)
Hi there,

I almost rented at Perdana Exclusive. But found a way better deal at Bandar Utama.

My advise to such problems would be

1) the standard rule when vacating a premise is - the landlord comes to check the condition of the house together with you, if everything is in good order, he/she should return your deposit to you AT THE SAME TIME as you return the keys & passcards to him. If he doesn't do that, then you have the right to hold on to the keys until he does. Nvr compromise on this. The only deposit he can withhold at that time is your utility deposit which he will wait until the final elec / water bill to be cleared. Example - if you move out on 15th, then you have to wait till the final week of the mth to get your bills, and prove to the owner you paid your share till 15th (prorate), then you'll get your utility deposit back. As for the 2 mths deposit, you MUST get it the moment you return your keys to the landlord.

(No such thing as return your deposit 2 weeks after vacating the premise if you've served your contractual rental time - means if your tenancy agreement is from 1st apr 08 - 31st Mar 09 and you paid your rental till 31st Mar 09 - the owner MUST return your deposit. If you didn't serve your tenancy obligations, ie you left earlier than 31st Mar 09 then the owner has the right to keep your deposit as you didn't fufill the terms)
2) As to the hefty utitlity bills every month - what I usually do before renting a house is to ask the landlord for his most recent utility bill (just tell him I want an estimate of how much the utility is) - then you'll know the normal rate you have to fork out. My current house in BU has 4 ACs, total 5.5hp. I had no idea how much the utility will cost so I asked the previous tenant how much they paid on full capacity month. That's how I found out. I also found out the water (plumbing) in the house has some problems - water bill quite high compared to normal usage. But the amount is negligable hence I decided to take the house anyway. Also - I checked every single AC, water heater, fan, lights, autogate etc in the house before renting. The moment the tenancy agreement is signed - you don't have the power to negotiate with owner anymore. (if he's nice, he'll repair for you, if not then you're on your own)

3) Lastly - a normal Tenancy for a house is minimum 1 year - so it's good to pay attention to these details. Be fussy! you're the one living and paying the rent. Not the owner.

* If you haven't got back your deposit till now, I suggest you sms the owner - tell her you'll get your friends to lock up her unit if she doesn't return your money. This will cause inconvenience to her current tenant which will give her problem - if you meet her current tenant, even better - tell them the whole story. PS - you don't have to carry this out (sounds like gangster move anyway) - but hopefully this shows her that you're not someone she can bully her way out.  You can even threaten to send letters addressed to the unit - tell whoever the current tenant there your story. This will tarnish her reputation, not something she would want. In short, you want to send her a message that you can make her life very difficult if she keeps your money.

hope this helps smile.gif
Well, til today, the Mary has not given back the deposit. I've already lived in my current place for 5 months already. She doesn't pick up the phone when we call. Replies to SMS's to set a date to meet up to return the deposits but never turn up and never answer the phone when called at the point of time. I told her that she should just admit that she doesn't have the money or intention to return the deposit. She called me crazy. Well, she's proving it now.

After inspecting the apartment (which she was happy about since we whitewashed the unit and didn't damage anything), she found no problem after inspecting and said she will give us back the deposit. When we wanted to keep the keys until she gave back the deposit (we told her to deduct all final month utilities and give us the remaining), she told us that as long as we kept the keys, she'll charge us rent and report to police if we don't do what she says. I've called the police as well as they have told me to settle this ourselves. We've been staying at the condo for almost 2 years. Second year, she said she may want to sell the unit so we have to inform her 2 months in advance when we wanted to move. Basically, whoever lives there now will regret. That's probably how some landlords become rich. Give all kinds of excuses and don't return deposits.

This post has been edited by Shinnen: Aug 7 2009, 08:41 AM
yhuii
post Aug 8 2009, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

Loong.

Landlady(forgot the name) doh.gif

Cyberia Apartment block A2-4

well i might not so clear about my friend and her friend sign about the contract,but as far as i know the landlady is kinda cruel.The contain of the contract i do not know but no matter what thing happened,for example cant find housemate,the landlady just does not care.(from my friend said:"she does not care about you can find people or not,she just want to receive money on time.")How can she be like this???Do we(who stay there currently are going to share the cost???For me I am just a person who helps her stay there?Is it fare for me to share the cost?But tose her friend who at first sign the contract,they do not care?what should I do?forfeit the contract,but not going to get back any deposit right?or find a replacement within this year?can I do so?
I need some one comments.thanks.

thank you for you all support.
snezlyn89
post Aug 30 2009, 02:05 PM

0 posts

Quick Slow Slow.

Quick to listen.
Slow to Talk.
Slow to becoming angry.
2 ears 1 mouth.

both tenant or landlord practice this then can solve many problem. When come to money matter people tend to get boiled up very fast. We need to be genuine,punctual and be responsible.

Fantaghiro
post Sep 30 2009, 11:09 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pumpkinn @ May 26 2009, 05:49 PM)
no lar sel, i want to return the money, it is tommy's hard earn money....but i just want a sorry from her  cool2.gif but it seems to be so hard to get this word out of her mouth...i wonder  rolleyes.gif
pumpkinn, you dun have to return the money, 不要搞坏市场,deposit once paid never get back, this is the general rule that understood by all human kind. If not, these ppl will keep asking for refund after paid. Is their decision to do this, you didnt put a gun on his head to ask for it.
pumpkinn
post Oct 2 2009, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(Fantaghiro @ Sep 30 2009, 11:09 PM)
pumpkinn, you dun have to return the money, 不要搞坏市场,deposit once paid never get back, this is the general rule that understood by all human kind. If not, these ppl will keep asking for refund after paid. Is their decision to do this, you didnt put a gun on his head to ask for it.
yeah...i did not. because i did not get any apology from her until today whistling.gif

This post has been edited by pumpkinn: Oct 2 2009, 11:35 AM
Foxy9
post Oct 5 2009, 11:32 AM

0 posts

Hello,May I know that can i post here if i found problematic tenant renting the house but didn't pay grab the things & cabut?
i've got the indian tenant's name and car num plate.would like to warn the landlady /landlord around pj area as this indian fat lady wearing spec working at IBM tower.

Added on October 5, 2009, 11:35 am
QUOTE(snezlyn89 @ Aug 30 2009, 03:05 PM)
Quick Slow Slow.

Quick to listen.
Slow to Talk.
Slow to becoming angry.
2 ears 1 mouth.

both tenant or landlord practice this then can solve many problem. When come to money matter people tend to get boiled up very fast. We need to be genuine,punctual and be responsible.
But talk slowly b4 and listen b4.Tried before to supress my anger ,finally they agree but at the end of the day they wanna move out they changed story and doesnt wanna pay.
My god.Never meant to argue but they wanted to start it.
Now they cabut.WTF

Added on October 7, 2009, 1:09 amhttp://badtenants-malaysia.blogspot.com/

pls log on to this link and recognize the bad tenants looks.
They're liar and cheaters.Dear tenants and landlords.Pls be aware of these couple.They may have black profile that we don't know!!

This post has been edited by Foxy9: Oct 7 2009, 01:09 AM
LPS
post Oct 7 2009, 07:18 PM

0 posts

Alot of grievances here, am curious, isnt there any law / regulation to regulate and protect the tenant in Malaysia?
Ah Teng
post Oct 9 2009, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(pumpkinn @ Oct 2 2009, 11:35 AM)
yeah...i did not. because i did not get any apology from her until today  whistling.gif
not her money maa... dont think she will apologize..
Foxy9
post Oct 13 2009, 06:42 PM

0 posts

http://badtenants-malaysia.blogspot.com/

LOOK AT THE BAD TENANTS WHO DISTURB OUR TENANTS IN THE HOUSE BY DOING EVIL THINGS 2 US.RECOGNIZE THEIR UGLY FACE N DONT LET THEM STAY IN UR HSE.IF NOT UNLUCKILY THINK WILL KEEP HAPPENING 2 U.
NaNa80
post Nov 21 2009, 08:52 PM

0 posts

Landlord/Agent Involved : Robin Kon (contact number : 012-6628753)
Location of House/Room Rent : bukit jalil vista komanwel block b 19th floor, no.5. (condominium, near sri petaling LRT station and IMU college.)

Problem Encountered : this guy robin kon is an agent and cannot be trusted! he will never pay back tenants' deposit after tenants left. even though he gave you the deposit resit and promise you by words and in either both form, contract or non-contract, he still will not return back your deposit! he likes to change by time however he want the contract to be, and the house is problematic! super dirty, pipe leakage, termites, and so on, but he is not responsible for it. every time tell him to fix the problem for a better living for tenants, he did not done it and postpone till problems getting serious. how can tenants stay in such a problematic house?? how come he is suppose be the one who responsible for the unit but did not?? how come the unit is already full of problem but still wanna rent it out and did not inform tenants before paying him such a huge amount of deposit and rental fees?? how come such people just wanna earn money with such a 'evil' action?? when i ask for my deposit from him, i cannot even win over him from talking, he always will give many excuse for his benefits (non returnable without any suitable reason since i did not spoil the contract or break his words promise. he is the one who change the promise time by time just to take my deposit!) ! also when i almost wanna move out from there, i heard that the host wanna void their contract of becoming his agent because of some problem, i guess is because the host notice the behavior of this guy. then he plan to rent another unit to earn his money again at another place, i did not know where he wanna rent a new unit to cheat people again. so if you do not believe this real story and wanna try your luck with your amount of money, go ahead to contact this guy and rent room from him. well, you will regret unless you are too rich and no where to waste your money! please do not trust this Robin Kon ! people rather rent room from other tenants/landlord that are royal to rules. find a better unit, find a better agent/landlord for your safe deposit! do not waste your money, earning money is not easy. pass it out to your friend as an advise, do not deal with this robin kon!

This post has been edited by NaNa80: Nov 21 2009, 08:55 PM
kaizer3000
post Dec 24 2009, 05:20 PM

Casual
451 posts

i once rented a room of a house that has "tenants"....in the middle of the night you'd usually hear sounds of people walking outside the house doing things like sweeping floor, grass sounds, etc. No, i am not telling a joke here.

My father went out to investigate the sound and he came back shocked. He said he saw a a man with a half body floating about in the gardens...

We moved out of the house few days later.
kanaga
post Dec 27 2009, 06:25 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(kaizer3000 @ Dec 24 2009, 05:20 PM)
i once rented a room of a house that has "tenants"....in the middle of the night you'd usually hear sounds of people walking outside the house doing things like sweeping floor, grass sounds, etc. No, i am not telling a joke here.

My father went out to investigate the sound and he came back shocked. He said he saw a a man with a half body floating about in the gardens...

We moved out of the house few days later.
Scary Enough ler!! blink.gif blink.gif
guanteik
post Jan 14 2010, 10:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

Complainer :- Tenants of Taman Desaminium, Seri Kembangan
Landlord/Landlady Involved :- Desaminium Jaya SDN BHD
Location of House/Room Rent :-Taman Desaminium, Seri Kembangan

Problem Encountered :- My landloard is Desaminium Jaya. They were supposed to pay the maintenance fee to the management. However, they owed the management ~RM500K and did not pay up. Now the tenants who rented from Desaminium will not have access to the apartment premises due to being blocked by the management security guard. Tenants do not know if they have got to 'absorb' the management fees.

I personally feel these both parties are irresponsible as tenants are purely innocent in this picture. I would like to elaborate, but I prefer if the readers of lowyat read it from my blog, which is more well elaborated.

http://ifeelsosickofit.blogspot.com/2010/0...e-of-taman.html

I would like to warn those who would like to rent or to buy at Taman Desaminium to have a second thought before renting/buying.

This post has been edited by guanteik: Jan 14 2010, 10:40 PM
zc_squash
post Feb 8 2010, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,149 posts

QUOTE(paqralos @ Jan 28 2008, 01:37 PM)
Complainer :- Joshua Pheng
Landlord/Landlady Involved :-Richard
Location of House/Room Rent :- No 10. Jalan 19/6, 46300 PJ.

Problem Encountered :- i have withdrawn from renting the room for almost three months already.. but my deposit have not been refunded yet... so i don't know what to do.. i have been calling him for so many times... but still i can't get back my money. he has promised me a few times but still no progression at all... doh.gif
I know this is a bit old, but out of curiosity... is this the house with the old double decker bus in the garden?

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0271sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:12 PM