Need advice on repaying PTPTN loan, all ur News and Questions on PTPTN

views

fruitie
post Oct 31 2016, 10:57 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

Maybe tomorrow I will drop by the nearest PTPTN to understand more on the auto-debit. If they can auto-debit using cards will be so super. laugh.gif

Paid RM 6k last 2 weeks, plan to pay another 4k to make it 10k and do 12 months 0% balance transfer. laugh.gif At least will reduce my debt to 50k. sweat.gif I'm not willing to see my EPF account 2 to have reduced amount. tongue.gif Wanna use it for my future house. biggrin.gif
fruitie
post Nov 1 2016, 10:03 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(MonGJiHyo @ Nov 1 2016, 08:58 PM)
does anyone already checked with PTPTN branch on how the "direct debit" works in order to get 10% discount? icon_question.gif
Sorry today too busy and I went to AmBank KL Sentral to settle some stuff. Maybe I will drop by tomorrow since I have no meetings.
fruitie
post Nov 1 2016, 10:54 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Nov 1 2016, 10:32 PM)
I would be very much be delighted if you can cc me in your followup.
Alright, will do so. smile.gif Hopefully they will accept auto debit from credit card. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 10:17 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(vince-90 @ Nov 2 2016, 09:34 AM)
Hi, i would like to know that amount in MAKLUMAT TUNGGAKAN PINJAMAN cannot be discount?
i got 5k+ in Jumlah Tunggakan Ujrah under MAKLUMAT TUNGGAKAN PINJAMAN where it stated ** jumlah ini tidak menentukan layak insentif diskaun..Zzz
How I wish my loan balance is only RM 5k+... sweat.gif sad.gif
I have like x12 of yours. cry.gif

Maybe the amount is too little for discounts. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 01:19 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(vince-90 @ Nov 2 2016, 12:48 PM)
Dear Fruitie, 5k is just Jumlah Tunggakan Ujrah under MAKLUMAT TUNGGAKAN PINJAMAN,  bangwall.gif
My Jumlah Kesuluruhan is RM21k + where i just paid RM400 until now since i graduated few years ago.  whistling.gif
OK, my tunggakan is 0. Well, I also adjusted recently because I used to pay one lump sum and stopped for few months. They just barred me from travelling overseas, went and clarified, settled tunggakan and unbarred. Need this to be unbarred as my job requires me to travel extensively.

Now I'm ahead of schedule of 18 months.
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 02:21 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

Came back from PTPTN, KL Sentral. For auto-debit to get 10% discount, only salary deduction and no other way. For e.g. if your monthly repayment is RM 200, you will only need to pay RM 180.

Since I'm not interested in salary deduction, so I didn't pursue further.

MonGJiHyo, Avangelice.

This post has been edited by fruitie: Nov 2 2016, 02:21 PM
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 02:31 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(bakkeong @ Nov 2 2016, 02:28 PM)
Meaning salary deduction same as direct debit?
Yes, it seems like.

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Nov 2 2016, 02:29 PM)
my medical company is not a company recognized by ptptn.  oh well thank you and I'll just continue on paying my loan anyhow.
It seems they will work with banks, I heard she mentioning something about it.

I will continue walking in and pay using my credit card, can play with the timing and enjoy better credit card benefits. biggrin.gif

fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 02:55 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Nov 2 2016, 02:37 PM)
how often do you swipe your card with them? i find it a hassle just by going into utc kuching
Just started fixing it recently. It is going to be every month, in front of my office is the PTPTN office of KL Sentral, so there is no issue for me to do it. smile.gif
Moreover, I'm already 18 months ahead of schedule, so I still can take my own sweet time to pay whenever I drop by. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 02:59 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Nov 2 2016, 02:57 PM)
Guys, can use credit card for full settlement at PTPTN office?
Yes, if the office accepts credit cards. smile.gif
I have seen in HQ - Megan Avenue and KL Sentral, and many more places actually offer CC payment.

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Nov 2 2016, 02:57 PM)
i saw from PTPTN website there is this link for "Permohonan Potongan Gaji Online PTPTN"
http://semakanonline.ptptn.gov.my/potonggajionline/
don know this is the one for us to enroll for the monthly salary deduction and entitle to the 10% discount also.
if yes, that will be good as no need to go to PTPTN office
I believe that's the link since both shares the same purpose - salary deduction.
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 03:41 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(nonameface @ Nov 2 2016, 03:31 PM)
oooo... how many months didnt pay til they barred you? and what you mean you ahead of schedule of 18 months, coz initially i thought they still see if you pay installment every month regardless if you pay extra or not on the previous months.

sry, little knowledge in this..
I think many months I have stopped paying, I think years? laugh.gif
Anyway, that is only applicable for Ujrah. Previously I was on Konvensional and it is not working that way (lump sum payment). For Ujrah, it is considered as installment.
I don't know la, I also have very little knowledge. laugh.gif
Just pay and let my life peace.
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 06:19 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 2 2016, 02:59 PM)
Eh didn't know can pay PTPTN with credit card. Must go office there pay? Cannot pay online with credit card?

Initially wanted to set auto debit cause of the 10% discount but if deduct from salary then...don't wan liao.
Didn't notice your post earlier.

Yes, must go to office and pay but not all branches have CC facility. Nope, cannot pay online with credit card. Unless you use JomPay. smile.gif
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 08:42 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(cfc @ Nov 2 2016, 07:59 PM)
h fruitie, do u mean the lump sum payment for conventiona (more than the monthly payment inside agreement)l is no go , u will still be flag in ccris
for ujrah, u can pay lump sump as long as more than the agreement amount that it will not be flag in ccris
If you don't pay it every month, apparently that is how it will be flagged. I suggest you to wait for others to reply you or check with PTPTN.
I'm already on Ujrah or should I say forced to be in Ujrah. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Nov 2 2016, 10:50 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(MonGJiHyo @ Nov 2 2016, 09:32 PM)
Hi fruitie, I managed to checked with ptptn on today and found out that I have outstanding payment of about RM3K (My tunggakan is 8 months which means I'm behind schedule for 8 months).. the officer advised me to settle the outstanding ASAP as I might be barred from travelling overseas..  My company may require me to travel to oversea for some conference by next year

FYI, I haven't visit Bank Negara yet but is planning to do so ASAP to check my ccris record to see if i'm really barred or not barred sweat.gif

May I know what do you mean by "went and clarified" ? can I just settle my outstanding of RM3K in one shot and do you know how long it takes to "unbarred" a person if he/she is found to be barred from travelling oversea? hmm.gif
Thanks for the updates.

I managed to allocate some time to check with PTPTN (also in KL Sentral). For direct debit in order to get 10% discount, we need to fill the form on the spot in order to entitle the discount.. and the discount is only applicable for the payment that you agreed upon filling up the form until 31 Dec 2017 hmm.gif  hmm.gif
CCRIS record is not to check if you are barred or not. It's just your credit history record.

Clarified as in how much I owe and how to unbar. It will be unbarred within few hours but because I visited the HQ at Megan Avenue, it was done on the spot. The officer got email confirmation from immigration which she showed me and after that she checked from immigration site to prove I'm cleared now. laugh.gif

I just came back from business trip last week. laugh.gif

Thanks for the checking but I'm not a fan of salary deduction. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(vince-90 @ Nov 2 2016, 10:19 PM)
Ya. I planning to travel overseas that's why i want to make full settlement.  whistling.gif
Pay lo, not like anybody is stopping you. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Nov 3 2016, 12:14 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(LovelyPotato @ Nov 3 2016, 12:04 PM)
huh, then isn't it a big fat lie? How can they label it as auto debit when it requires to salary deduction? What if I have other source of income to pay the loan instead

Besides, is there any way to check the tunggakan online? I delayed about 9 months from the starting period because I wasn't working and then began paying it back on time onward. Few months back I put in a lump sum of 10 months total amount, not sure if they cancelled it off with my delayed amount. The tunggakan can check online?
Yeah, that was what the officer told me. laugh.gif

I found out that you can check the tunggakan here: http://www.ptptn.gov.my/pb/

This is mine, I think this should be the correct one?
user posted image
fruitie
post Nov 3 2016, 09:23 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(ic no 851025071234 @ Nov 3 2016, 09:01 PM)
I thought u work hr. hr also got travel 1?
What cc best to use for settle ptptn? Any that can have max benefit?
Why HR has no travel? Our company whichever role also needs to travels. I'm double hatting both local HR operations and regional HR projects, that's why I will need to travel. Sooner I will let go my local operations role and focus only to regional and global projects role which I will travel even much more than now.

I use AEON cards and pay back via PosOnline or use any card and balance transfer to Maybank.

This post has been edited by fruitie: Nov 3 2016, 09:25 PM
fruitie
post Nov 3 2016, 09:35 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(ic no 851025071234 @ Nov 3 2016, 09:27 PM)
Oh I thought hr just sit at office and interview ppl. Hehe.

What benefit pay with the card? Points?
Interesting. I don't do interviews though and literally we don't do interviews, hiring managers will do it.

Points, can play with free interest period, can do BT, cash back.
fruitie
post Nov 3 2016, 10:19 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(MonGJiHyo @ Nov 3 2016, 10:14 PM)
Thanks for the clarification.. is it any branches of PTPTN office that anyone can go to clarify in order to unbarred or just their HQ (megan avenue) only? hmm.gif

Btw, congratz that you already cleared now. thumbsup.gif
not really salary deduction.. I managed to call to PTPTN again to clarify and they said that direct debit also can be done through filling the form which will then directly deduct from savings/current account.. but it's true that the officer gave diff answers as if my friend who went there to clarify and the officer said it can be done through salary deduction only.. LOL sweat.gif
Any PTPTN can do it, you just need to pay and it will be cleared. laugh.gif

Nothing to be congratulated about, it was a shame that I got barred earlier. sweat.gif

Yeah, their answer is not consistent but either way I'm not so interested... If they can do auto-debit via CC I'm all in but too bad they can't. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Nov 4 2016, 08:42 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(cdspins @ Nov 4 2016, 08:19 AM)
Actually, it is never allow to pay any loan using credit card. This include house mortgage, hire purchase, defaulter repayment and of course PTPTN as well. Credit card is is equivalent to future money and it is quite dangerous to use future money to pay past debt.
Maybe it is arguable that some pay their credit cards on time etc.... but generally it is better for the general public, and economy that loan is not allowed to be pay by credit card.
Of course I know about this, like I mentioned before in CC section, I think they want more youngsters to go bankrupt. laugh.gif
For people like me, definitely enjoying myself with CC so long I know what to do with it. biggrin.gif
fruitie
post Nov 4 2016, 09:37 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(omnimech @ Nov 4 2016, 09:15 AM)
Cause when they bankrupt the morons who accept the credit card and upfront cash loans, they have guaranteed return.

Because the bankrupt person has no choice but to make monthly payments till the end of time.

And its funny as hell as I watch them buy RM4000 iphones and RM8000 luxury bags but make RM 3000 a month.

They can barely even repay the interest and minimum payments on top of their unnecessary car loans for a honda city they cannot afford.

Not even barely afford. Upfront 9 yr loan, still cant afford the car.
Why you think, when they go bankrupt, the bank suddenly lower the interests ?

Now, all banks are offering 0% 12 month installment balance transfer.

They want to steal these people for themselves and watch them bankrupt in their own banks.
All banks have 0% 12 months BT? Oh really? Please contribute in this thread which banks are those: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3918057
fruitie
post Nov 6 2016, 04:04 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Nov 6 2016, 03:55 PM)
Thanks. I went to KL Sentral branch yesterday and made full payment using credit card.

I will need to go there again on 2nd week of Dec to get the official release letter.
I wish my outstanding is as low as yours and I will also clear it off. sad.gif
Congrats for no longer being a PTPTN "slave". tongue.gif

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0746sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:34 PM