Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University -=UNITEN =-, DIscUss ABout evrything..

views

TSskinnydude
post May 27 2009, 11:52 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(Chippy_sky @ May 27 2009, 11:42 PM)
Hi guys, I'm new here. I will join uniten's foundation course in july intake. So, anyone will join the foundation???
bro, turn back a few pages and u will know who will be joining uniten this july... tongue.gif
Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(skinnydude @ May 27 2009, 11:52 PM)
bro, turn back a few pages and u will know who will be joining uniten this july... tongue.gif
cry.gif It's ok for that. I think it should be many new comers in this coming intake. Can I ask u questions that related to uniten, because you are my senior...!!!
biggrin.gif
Mental
post May 28 2009, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

what foundation course you're gonna take chippy?

Added on May 28, 2009, 12:43 am
QUOTE(exentric_nova @ May 27 2009, 07:43 PM)
By the way, some guards does record for people going in after 12, but if they ask you to write, just write some crap. Names, IDs and rooms that does not exist. They just don't check the validity to what you write.
noted.

This post has been edited by Mental: May 28 2009, 12:43 AM
exentric_nova
post May 28 2009, 01:13 AM

I Am Serious
1,702 posts

QUOTE(Chippy_sky @ May 28 2009, 12:03 AM)
cry.gif It's ok for that. I think it should be many new comers in this coming intake. Can I ask u questions that related to uniten, because you are my senior...!!!
  biggrin.gif
go back a few pages, you'll find all the info you need. smile.gif
Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 01:56 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Mental @ May 28 2009, 12:33 AM)
what foundation course you're gonna take chippy?

Added on May 28, 2009, 12:43 am

noted.
I'm taking foundation in civil engineering. How about you? biggrin.gif

Added on May 28, 2009, 2:03 am
QUOTE(exentric_nova @ May 28 2009, 01:13 AM)
go back a few pages, you'll find all the info you need. smile.gif
Lols...u guys asking me to do the same act again... sad.gif But i need to know more about uniten. That's because i never heard uniten before until my dad told me. Would you help me with this problem?
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Chippy_sky: May 28 2009, 02:03 AM
sweeneyT
post May 28 2009, 03:01 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

ey yuran cendi dah naik ea? aku nengok lam web dah jadi rm280, gile mahal
ysh_kobe
post May 28 2009, 08:27 AM

Regular
1,091 posts

memang dari dulu rm280 kat website........
deathrealm
post May 28 2009, 10:26 AM

5 posts

hello guys! i,m newbie. i'm taking foundation of electrical&electronic.(jun intake 2009) can you guys help me? i have a lot Q about uniten! first is about monthly expenditure! how much you guys spend for a month in uniten? 500?600?700? and can i drive my own vechicle like car or motorcycle? and is it true that most of uniten students have their own car? wow! very rich lol

Added on May 28, 2009, 10:47 amQ! everyone in uniten can speak fluent english ka? i have a problem with my grammar. really bad! and last Q PTPTN is it enough? or i really needs to use my own money oftenly!

This post has been edited by deathrealm: May 28 2009, 10:47 AM
exentric_nova
post May 28 2009, 01:01 PM

I Am Serious
1,702 posts

QUOTE(Chippy_sky @ May 28 2009, 01:56 AM)
I'm taking foundation in civil engineering. How about you?  biggrin.gif

Added on May 28, 2009, 2:03 am
Lols...u guys asking me to do the same act again... sad.gif But i need to know more about uniten. That's because i never heard uniten before until my dad told me. Would you help me with this problem?
biggrin.gif
Well seriously. You can find a lot of stuff from the previous posts. Especially since the last few pages are freshmen like you asking questions about UNITEN. If you can't find anything you wanted to know, then fire away.

QUOTE(sweeneyT @ May 28 2009, 03:01 AM)
ey yuran cendi dah naik ea? aku nengok lam web dah jadi rm280, gile mahal
QUOTE(ysh_kobe @ May 28 2009, 08:27 AM)
memang dari dulu rm280 kat website........
yeah been like that for quite some time already but as of last semester, they still did not raise the fees. From what I heard, those charges are to the new students. Seniors will be charged the old fee of RM245. Not sure if that's true or not though. I for sure was charged at RM245 last sem.

QUOTE(deathrealm @ May 28 2009, 10:26 AM)
hello guys! i,m newbie. i'm taking foundation of electrical&electronic.(jun intake 2009) can you guys help me? i have a lot Q about uniten! first is about monthly expenditure! how much you guys spend for a month in uniten? 500?600?700? and can i drive my own vechicle like car or motorcycle? and is it true that most of uniten students have their own car? wow! very rich lol

Added on May 28, 2009, 10:47 amQ! everyone in uniten can speak fluent english ka? i  have a problem with my grammar. really bad! and last Q PTPTN is it enough? or i really needs to use my own money oftenly!
Monthly expenditure depends on people. For me, before I got myself a gf that is, RM10 for food each day; RM5 lunch and RM5 dinner, then RM20 for my car which strictly for going to class purposes. If wanna enjoy go out, might have to cash out some more. Then of course, your own prepaid. Well that's up to you. So roughly, its about RM400-RM500 per month at the very least.

As for vehicle, yes can. Go back a few pages and you'll find more info.

And for the fact most student have cars, I would say no. A lot yes, but not most of them. There's roughly 720 rooms in Cendi itself and only about 100 parking available. As for last semester, its not even full. Though its because most people just didn't apply for the stickers. People parking outside I don't think goes over 200. Amanah no need to say more. Very few since majority are foundation students but I do find that nowadays there are a lot more cars compared to my foundation days. Even engineering students started complaining of not having enough parking whereas during the early days although packed, not as overflown as lately.

By the way, some students can be quite rich. A few exotic cars (for students that is) that I've seen in UNITEN: Honda Civic Type-R, 2 BMW M3, Audi TT, Skyline, 2 Celica, Mini Cooper, Evo IX, Mazda 3, Honda CRV. Some of the cars are not exactly exotic, but certainly not what a students should had have.
Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(deathrealm @ May 28 2009, 10:26 AM)

Added on May 28, 2009, 10:47 amQ! everyone in uniten can speak fluent english ka? i  have a problem with my grammar. really bad! and last Q PTPTN is it enough? or i really needs to use my own money oftenly!
Hi Realm, i will joining the july intake too and nice to meet you. nod.gif My english is so poor and grammar like shit and i'm sure that the lecturers are using english in teaching.Then will u drive your vehicle there or you stay in hostel? biggrin.gif
eau-rouge
post May 28 2009, 01:20 PM

counting sheeps
550 posts

QUOTE(Mental @ May 27 2009, 07:17 PM)
thanks.
seems like the rules are quite tight. i wouldn't be able to fully utilize my car if i had one since students can't go out at night. since you stay outside, you carpool with your friends don't you?
it depends..usually we drive our own car
easier to go wherever we want go..haha
Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Is there any problem that i will face as i don't have any vehicle? So far, will it be troublesome to students for not owning a car? I will stay in the hostel provided and can i get daily essentials in the vicinity?
misterpotato
post May 28 2009, 02:10 PM

49 posts

You'll have to rely on the uniten shuttle(bus) and I tell you what, you'll hate the bus sooner or later.

Forgot to add, enjoy the orientation.

This post has been edited by misterpotato: May 28 2009, 04:31 PM
Omen711
post May 28 2009, 02:17 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Chippy_sky @ May 28 2009, 01:42 PM)
Is there any problem that i will face as i don't have any vehicle? So far, will it be troublesome to students for not owning a car? I will stay in the hostel provided and can i get daily essentials in the vicinity?
Chippy,

For foundation students, u are not allowed to bring any sort of vehicles to uniten. Its under uniten's law that foundation students are not allowed to bring them to uniten. During my foundation period 5 years ago we are not allowed to bring vehicles to uniten....but somehow i juz drove them anyway brows.gif

Certainly it will not be a troublesome if u dont own one..... uniten bus will take u from your hostel (Amanah) to COE college, food court, library etc etc. The only problem is that u might have to wait for quiet some time for the bus to arrive at Amanah....which it might turns out to be very irritating mad.gif

Yes, u can get daily essentials from amanah's vicinity. U can send your laundries to dobi on the ground floor and u can go 'tapaw' foods from COE food court, Up10 food court, Lot10 food court etc etc .... so daily essentials wont be a problem biggrin.gif

Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(misterpotato @ May 28 2009, 02:10 PM)
You'll have to rely on the uniten shuttle(bus) which and I tell you what, you'll hate the bus sooner or later.

Forgot to add, enjoy the orientation.
Why u said that i will hate the bus later??? But i think at least there is a transport for me to move around, it is better than no. biggrin.gif
misterpotato
post May 28 2009, 02:28 PM

49 posts

1 more, if you don't want to wait the bus for a long time, learn the bus timing.
You can minimize the time you gonna waste in waiting for the bus.

Can't believe it's already been 1 year since I enroll to uniten, time really does fly...

And for every new student information, there are indeed lots of foundation student that brought their own car(or motorcycle) despite the rules. The problem comes when you are about to enter amanah or enter uniten vicinity because there is pak guard stationed on that particular places. Not all the time, but sometimes they will ask for sticker, ID and such which can prove to be quite troublesome.

Once you missed a bus, you have to wait 30 minutes for another bus.
Which means if you have class at 9am, better be at the bus station at 8:30am, or you gonna risk being late.
But after your 1st sem, you really wont care anymore whether you come early or not....I skip class a lot nowadays..

This post has been edited by misterpotato: May 28 2009, 02:41 PM
eau-rouge
post May 28 2009, 02:40 PM

counting sheeps
550 posts

the bus is damn slow n not punctual
just drive your car there..nobody gives a damn whether u r foundation student or not..all they want is monay..that's it

Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(misterpotato @ May 28 2009, 02:28 PM)
1 more, if you don't want to wait the bus for a long time, learn the bus timing.
You can minimize the time you gonna waste in waiting for the bus.

Can't believe it's already been 1 year since I enroll to uniten, time really does fly...

And for every new student information, there are indeed lots of foundation student that brought their own car(or motorcycle) despite the rules. The problem comes when you are about to enter amanah or enter uniten vicinity because there is pak guard stationed on that particular places. Not all the time, but sometimes they will ask for sticker, ID and such which can prove to be quite troublesome.
It's really quite troublesome, need check this and check that. I think it will be a big trouble if i lost my ID! The bus will bring us to icon_rolleyes.gif nearby hypermarket or other places? But which campus are u in?Putrajaya? Do you have your own vehicle? U stay in hostel, right?

misterpotato
post May 28 2009, 02:49 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Chippy_sky @ May 28 2009, 02:42 PM)
It's really quite troublesome, need check this and check that. I think it will be a big trouble if i lost my ID! The bus will bring us to  icon_rolleyes.gif nearby hypermarket or other places? But which campus are u in?Putrajaya? Do you have your own vehicle? U stay in hostel, right?
Nearby hypermarket? lol. Nope, only around uniten hence the name uniten shuttle.
Yes I'm in Putrajaya campus staying in amanah. As for vehicle, only had it for a while.

Better bring ID all the time, but no need to hang it on your neck, just have it in your pocket, save you lots of trouble.

This post has been edited by misterpotato: May 28 2009, 02:52 PM
Chippy_sky
post May 28 2009, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(eau-rouge @ May 28 2009, 02:40 PM)
the bus is damn slow n not punctual
just drive your car there..nobody gives a damn whether u r foundation student or not..all they want is monay..that's it
But the problem is i'm not as rich as u think. My dad wants me to concentrate in my studies so this is one of the reason that i won't have my own vehicle in foundation year. How about the laundry service? I don't think i have to wash clothes on my own. nod.gif

Added on May 28, 2009, 2:56 pm
QUOTE(misterpotato @ May 28 2009, 02:49 PM)
Nearby hypermarket? lol. Nope, only around uniten hence the name uniten shuttle.
Yes I'm in Putrajaya campus staying in amanah. As for vehicle, only had it for a while.

Better bring ID all the time, but no need to hang it on your neck, just have it in your pocket, save you lots of trouble.
huh...Then where i gonna get my daily essentials??? cry.gif

This post has been edited by Chippy_sky: May 28 2009, 02:56 PM

128 Pages « < 124 125 126 127 128 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:01 PM