QUOTE(driftmeister @ Jul 8 2009, 05:29 PM)
i am going to renovate my house soon
the contractor recommend me to install the autogate wiring with 7 cables compare to the normal 3 cables one?
do u know what's the difference between 7 cables and 3 cables?
btw, wats the general cost for the wiring alone? (for 3 cables)
7 wire cable is for more sophisticated gate motors with counter circuitry. i.e. apart from power supplied to energize the motor there would also be signals coming back to the control board to indicate the degree of rotation of the motors. these allow better control of the opening angle, speed of the opening and closing and sensing of obstacles in the gate's path.
If you're going to run wiring and conduit for your gate, then you might as well pull 7 wires instead of 3 as the cost of the extra wires is not going to cost you all that much more.
Cabling cost varies as it depends your gates configuration.
1. distance from gate to electrical source
2. wring running in surface conduit or embed in underground or in walls?
3. Amount of hacking required
4. refinishing of surfaces, e.g. repainting, re-tilling, concrete etc?
5. the type of gate you're planning to install. e.g. Types of gatesThis post has been edited by weitatt: Jul 9 2009, 08:25 AM