1,252 posts

Breakfast at Kin Hua @ JB.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Overall experience around 6/10. The JB kopi tasted lighter compared to Klang Valley or northern region. I still prefer northern region kopi taste.

Only good thing you can see at JB, you can see a lot of Malay friends dining in Chinese operated Kopitiam.
SmokeyTheBear
post Nov 18 2022, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Nov 14 2022, 07:09 PM)
Visited Sunshine Kopitiam. Ordered the Laksa (Curry Mee), half boil eggs, Kopi Peng , toast.
You didn't try the HK style chee cheong fun? I think that's the only food that stands out there.
SmokeyTheBear
post Nov 18 2022, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Nov 17 2022, 07:14 PM)
Only good thing you can see at JB, you can see a lot of Malay friends dining in Chinese operated Kopitiam.
In JB the people don't care about which race is operating the eatery, as long as the food is good they will go!
TSnihility
post Nov 18 2022, 12:40 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Nov 18 2022, 11:41 AM)
You didn't try the HK style chee cheong fun? I think that's the only food that stands out there.
😅, no. By the time I reached there, could only see the Johor”s laksa still operating. Cannot order too much foods for the daily food quota as I”m ordering the coffee, kaya toast & half boiled eggs also. Maybe next time if I ever pass there again.

Want to ask your opinion about Ikan Bakar Tampin. How will you rate the experience there ? I went last week but because the waiting time was 1 1/2 hours, I decided to opt for other.
SmokeyTheBear
post Nov 18 2022, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Nov 18 2022, 12:40 PM)
😅, no. By the time I reached there, could only see the Johor”s laksa still operating. Cannot order too much foods for the daily food quota as I”m ordering the coffee, kaya toast & half boiled eggs also. Maybe next time if I ever pass there again.

Want to ask your opinion about Ikan Bakar Tampin. How will you rate the experience there ? I went last week but because the waiting time was 1 1/2 hours, I decided to opt for other.
Can't help you with that one! Haven't been there, not a big fan of seafood. If the queue is 1.5hrs I would also look for another place.
TSnihility
post Nov 19 2022, 09:58 AM

Regular
1,252 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Nov 18 2022, 01:07 PM)
Can't help you with that one! Haven't been there, not a big fan of seafood. If the queue is 1.5hrs I would also look for another place.
I going to make another attempt for Ikan Bakar Tampin 😄, this round will go early.

You any locations worth to visit for breakfast & lunch ?
TSnihility
post Dec 23 2022, 09:38 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Ya Wang @ JB for the roasted duck. Reached early morning , hence ordered the wantan noodle with Char Siew & Roasted Duck Drumstik. Costed RM 22/plate.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Abit dissapointed on the roasted duck. The taste was not the same like 10 years ago anymore. Last time the herbs flavor was very deep into the roasted duck. Still rated around 7/10 nevertheless .
TSnihility
post Dec 23 2022, 09:42 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Lunch at Tong Guan @ JB . It was located at the other end of Kin Hua Kopitiam. 10 years ago, this shop does not exist yet.

Tried their kopi pheng & seafood laksa ( it was a curry mee) .

The kopi pheng was good, I think they added palm sugar into the kopi. Rated 9/10, it was selling at RM 9.90/ glass.

The seafood laksa was selling at RM 19.90/ bowl. Tasted above average . Rated 7/10.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
TSnihility
post Jan 4 2023, 12:03 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Tai Hong Kopitiam @ JB. This one highly recommended. Really caught me by surprise. Worth for revisist.

Ordered Mee Rebus & kopi ping. The mee rebus looked differrent & tasted amazing. The kopi ping kau & sweetness level just nice ( not too sweet ). 👍👍

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
SmokeyTheBear
post Jan 4 2023, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Jan 4 2023, 12:03 PM)
Tai Hong Kopitiam @ JB. This one highly recommended. Really caught me by surprise. Worth for revisist.

Ordered Mee Rebus & kopi ping. The mee rebus looked differrent & tasted amazing. The kopi ping kau & sweetness level just nice ( not too sweet ). 👍👍

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
I visit this place for lunch quite often, usually eat the leicha/hamcha or Penang laksa.

The yong tau foo is quite good as well. You can select what you want, and ask to add accompanying dry/soup noodles if you want.

There's one more branch in Taman Sentosa, they have the exact same menu. There is an air-conditioned section, more comfortable.
TSnihility
post Jan 5 2023, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,252 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Jan 4 2023, 03:12 PM)
I visit this place for lunch quite often, usually eat the leicha/hamcha or Penang laksa.

The yong tau foo is quite good as well. You can select what you want, and ask to add accompanying dry/soup noodles if you want.

There's one more branch in Taman Sentosa, they have the exact same menu. There is an air-conditioned section, more comfortable.
I went to the branch at Taman Sentosa this morning, it was a corner shop lot. Unfortunately it was closed.

Any other eatery like this? Not the tourist trap. A lot places here already get used to pancung Singaporean”s.
rx330
post Jan 5 2023, 10:01 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Jan 5 2023, 09:10 AM)
I went to the branch at Taman Sentosa this morning, it was a corner shop lot. Unfortunately it was closed.

Any other eatery like this? Not the tourist trap. A lot places here already get used to pancung Singaporean”s.
dont say like tat, during covid, no sporean come in, johoreans also kena pancung

they have another branch at permas jaya, which is not too far from sentosa

if you in town, you can go to taman Maju jaya (aka newspaper street) there should have a few for your to try in the morning
bkt, ktk, dimsum ( personally nothing to shout about), otak+ nasi lemak+ mee siam, Teochew old school noodles( only weekends) and a few others
TSnihility
post Jan 5 2023, 10:26 AM

Regular
1,252 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jan 5 2023, 10:01 AM)
dont say like tat, during covid, no sporean come in, johoreans also kena pancung

they have another branch at permas jaya, which is not too far from sentosa

if you in town, you can go to taman Maju jaya (aka newspaper street) there should have a few for your to try in the morning
bkt, ktk, dimsum ( personally nothing to shout about), otak+ nasi lemak+ mee siam, Teochew old school noodles( only weekends) and a few others
Don”t get me wrong. Tai Hong is worth the value & the foods is great ( not a tourist trap).

What I means was the other locations. Later I will post some example with the food prices & the quality 😅.

Thanks for the recommendation , will make the effort to visit all the locations stated.
TSnihility
post Jan 5 2023, 10:32 AM

Regular
1,252 posts

Breakfast at Restorant Yee Swee for the Laksa ( it was a curry actually ).

The laksa was rich with the coconut milk flavour, flavorful , less spicy type. My only complaint was there seems to be price mismatched with the serving portion. This bowl cost RM 11.00/ bowl with the serving portion like Penang”s hawkers serving standard.

It tasted good but I won”t make any revisit as I personally think it is not worth the value.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
rx330
post Jan 5 2023, 10:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Jan 5 2023, 10:26 AM)
Don”t get me wrong. Tai Hong is worth the value & the foods is great ( not a tourist trap).

What I means was the other locations. Later I will post some example with the food prices & the quality 😅.

Thanks for the recommendation , will make the effort to visit all the locations stated.
yea, tai hong still ok
the son still make sure everything is all right daily at all the outlets
SmokeyTheBear
post Jan 5 2023, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Jan 5 2023, 09:10 AM)

You just happened to visit on their off day! They are off every Thursday.
SmokeyTheBear
post Jan 5 2023, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Jan 5 2023, 10:26 AM)

Maju Jaya/Newspaper Street

Otak Shiduoli (Storey, they used to be at Jln Storey), their nasi lemak, mee siam and otak is quite good. They open very early, around 7.30~8?

Soon Chiang BKT, dark soup type. They also have pig stomach pepper soup. Pretty good, I come here for lunch sometimes.

Yi Bao mee hoon kueh, another popular lunch destination, they are usually packed, and close by 4+ They have various types of noodles to choose from, I like the "you mian".

Ka Ka (Jia Jia) dim sum, pretty generic dim sum, can find better ones.

KTK, I don't like it because it has the "porky" smell, but some people like my cousin prefer it.

Further down the street (away from Plaza Pelangi) there is also a beef noodle store run by a China lady, it's not bad too, eaten there a few times.
rx330
post Jan 5 2023, 12:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Jan 5 2023, 11:35 AM)
Maju Jaya/Newspaper Street

Otak Shiduoli (Storey, they used to be at Jln Storey), their nasi lemak, mee siam and otak is quite good. They open very early, around 7.30~8?

Soon Chiang BKT, dark soup type. They also have pig stomach pepper soup. Pretty good, I come here for lunch sometimes.

Yi Bao mee hoon kueh, another popular lunch destination, they are usually packed, and close by 4+ They have various types of noodles to choose from, I like the "you mian".

Ka Ka (Jia Jia) dim sum, pretty generic dim sum, can find better ones.

KTK, I don't like it because it has the "porky" smell, but some people like my cousin prefer it.

Further down the street (away from Plaza Pelangi) there is also a beef noodle store run by a China lady, it's not bad too, eaten there a few times.
tats my fav ktk in the world vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif
hahahaha order the lean meat if u do give it a try again, this ktk older or same age as me hahahah

oh ya, another femes one is the soon lee mee Hoon kueh, diff from yi Bao right

itu bkt also my favourite......

mana its beef noodle, higher up the slope?
SmokeyTheBear
post Jan 5 2023, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jan 5 2023, 12:07 PM)
tats my fav ktk in the world  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
hahahaha order the lean meat if u do give it a try again, this ktk older or same age as me hahahah

oh ya, another femes one is the soon lee mee Hoon kueh, diff from yi Bao right

itu bkt also my favourite......

mana its beef noodle, higher up the slope?
I think it's just different preference! My cousin (grew up here) and his Thai wife, who are based overseas, absolutely love this KTK and always eats it several times when they come back. I still prefer Neptune/Hai Wang.

Surprisingly I've never tried Soon Lee mhk, even though I live pretty near and frequent this street. I guess I just stuck with what I know is good, Yi Bao.

Yeah, the beef noodle is past Soon Chiang BKT, further up.
TSnihility
post Jan 5 2023, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Went to Otak Shiduoli, it was closed on Thursday.

user posted image

Yi Bao also closed but malas to take photo.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:07 AM