Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

views

singgung
post Dec 2 2021, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Dec 2 2021, 09:28 AM)
Yes I also kept my clear case in its packaging, didn't want to open check because I am afraid it'll go yellow by the time my unit arrived  laugh.gif
Mine also. But cannot rate & review cause donno how's the fit 😂😂. At least can agak2 the size.

On the other hand, regarding battery life, I wonder if A12 is one of the reasons. My P3 battery really took a nose dive after updated to 12. It wasn't that good to begin with, but now I have to plug to charger whenever possible just to be safe.
singgung
post Dec 2 2021, 12:55 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Dec 2 2021, 11:53 AM)
A12 i thought its the apple chip, only reading twice realise it is Android 12. I get improved battery life with Android 12 with P4xl. Before this I will need to charge at night , now I get about 30% of power left
Hopefully pixel 6 battery is optimised for android 12. But few users here also report of not so good battery life. I cant remember the last time when online reviews for a device battery is so polarising. Usually they generally got similar results.
singgung
post Dec 11 2021, 05:55 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

I was having a call which required me to check something online and I didn't have my laptop or tablet with me. No volte really made that particular call difficult.
singgung
post Dec 13 2021, 04:01 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Dec 13 2021, 02:26 PM)
3G shutdown schedule for DIGI. Sooner than expected, now with dates

https://www.digi.com.my/network/volte-vowif...ms&utm_campaign
These dates have been on their website for quite a while already. When we first talked about volte here I went & checked their website and the dates are already there. Today receive sms for 4th or 5th time reminding to upgrade to volte compatible device. Lol. If not mistaken their digi app also push notifications to remind.
singgung
post Dec 14 2021, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(xiaot3ng @ Dec 14 2021, 12:30 PM)
I'm using Digi. since the first day I use p6, I found that I have to wait for 10sec+- to ring when I try to make call.
not sure is p6 or Digi problem. or maybe is a normal thing?
I never face this problem when I use p2.
QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Dec 14 2021, 12:37 PM)
Yea same over here, too. That's most probably because when placing a call, you're dropping down to 2G instead. VoLTE calling is like, almost instantaneous
Ya I'm on digi with pixel 3. It does take a while before ringing but not up to 10 seconds though. Maybe about half of that.
singgung
post Dec 17 2021, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Dec 17 2021, 10:05 PM)
Reading all this I'm having second thoughts about using the Pixel 6. It's on the way but I'm considering just getting a OnePlus 9 Pro instead.
Me too. I've already accepted that I won't be able to use volte. But all these other telco issues make me doubt. I'll be happy if it can perform like my current P3 - telco connectivity wise.

But then again so far mostly only hearing maxis got issues, and my friends using other phones also complain about maxis line lately. And from what i see, complains are not widespread. Not much in Techbug channel or facebook, so most likely others don't face the same problem. There's still hope. Lol.
singgung
post Dec 21 2021, 03:32 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

New technology are so complicated. Now can just slot in sim, can get 2g, 3g, 4g and same call quality no matter which phone. Started with volte and next 5g everything needs to be configured.
singgung
post Dec 21 2021, 08:25 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(020050 @ Dec 21 2021, 04:43 PM)
last time also got similar problem if you buy from overseas. need to see which band they support  sweat.gif
Ya. But as long as you're using the supported bands, you're set. Now even with supported bands there's no guarantee you'll be able to use the services. Lol.
singgung
post Dec 22 2021, 07:19 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

Soyacincau posted their 5g test in KL using Oppo Find N which is currently only available in China. They managed to get more than 1gbps. So 5g needs to be configured or not? Or can use as long as bands are supported? Lol.
singgung
post Dec 22 2021, 09:27 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Dec 22 2021, 07:53 PM)
slim chance plug and play like 4g  rclxub.gif  as mentioned earlier it has to be certified by the telco on DNB network. Quoted from SoyaCincau article
Ya lah. Really don't understand. If manufacturer based, Samsung s21 series included but the other series not. If device based, oppo find n which is only available in China and not in sirim database can use 5g.

Anyways, phone pun not even here yet. Even 4g pun cannot test. Lol
singgung
post Dec 26 2021, 07:52 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

I think this is one of the phones where reviews from local tech channels or sites are useful. I haven't found much local long term reviews except for one. After using for more than a month, his opinion is not favourable and it includes sub-par telco connectivity. But I'm still hopeful patches and fixes can iron out the issues. Bersangka baik until proven otherwise. Lol.
singgung
post Dec 29 2021, 09:18 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(komandermaut @ Dec 28 2021, 07:25 PM)
We are all on the same boat lol. All resellers have the same problem incl techbug, shirogowa, deetech etc

I guess all resellers are actually waiting for restocks at local shops eg. bestbuy as they cant get stocks from gstore. It is not that bestbuy dont have stocks, but it is all prioritized for carriers like verizon, sprint etc.
QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Dec 28 2021, 08:29 PM)
I wonder if its just the chip shortage, or Google really got much higher demand than previous models on GP6..

And here I thought with all these bugs and more popping up (!), people would start to stay away from GP6, lol.
Sometimes I suka-suka check online, nowadays Google store always have stock, though I don't go far enough to know how long for delivery. Other sites like best buy otoh, some more popular unlocked variants always sold out. If resellers or forwarders only managed to get their stocks from best buy & other retailers, I guess waiting time will be much longer.
singgung
post Jan 5 2022, 10:03 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(dAMe @ Jan 5 2022, 05:18 PM)
ok. got one bullet to tell my telco .. if you not going to support my phone, I'll move to yoodoo  biggrin.gif
Lol ya. If people from yoodoo can confirm, I'll nag digi about this.
singgung
post Mar 9 2022, 10:08 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

Finally joining. I give up waiting for 256gb seafoam and bought 128gb instead.

Coming from pixel 3, boy oh boy, it is huge. And heavy. I thought I want to set up from scratch but I need my sms from current phone. And thinking of all the wifi passwords that I need to key in, I restore sms and device settings.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
singgung
post Mar 10 2022, 01:15 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Mar 10 2022, 11:50 AM)
I thought the restore from your pixel 3 will automatically also transfer wifi setting along
Ya that's what I did. At first I thought I want setup the phone clean, not restore from current phone. But then I thought about all those settings and passwords, decided just to restore everything. Lol.
singgung
post Mar 10 2022, 01:31 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Mar 10 2022, 01:18 PM)
I think since January update, it should be okay to restore from previous settings. How is your experience so far?
I just received yesterday afternoon. Got to play and setup almost everything, except I haven't transfer my sim card. I want to get rid of unnecessary files from whatsapp before transferring. Still too early to tell. But so far everything is great except fingerprint scanner. Lol. Before applied tempered glass, success rate is almost 100%. After applied and rescan everything, it misses quite a fair bit. Still ok though.
singgung
post Mar 21 2022, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(nabzblitz @ Mar 21 2022, 04:07 PM)
Anybody still having issues on the fingerprint reader in Pixel 6?

My phone is on the January update (I dodged the Feb update because of reports of wifi and bluetooth problems).

March update supposed to be released today, but not sure which timezone.
For my usage this phone is awesome. Mostly positive experience. Except the fingerprint scanner. There are times where it really gets on my nerve. But what's strange is that, my left thumb works almost 90% of the time while my right thumb is barely 50%. But I'm right handed so I use right thumb most of the time. And I don't think there's anything wrong with my right thumb cause I don't face any issue with other phones / ipad fp scanner. Lol.

I also read somewhere March update supposedly to be released today but so far nothing yet.
singgung
post Mar 22 2022, 02:20 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Mar 22 2022, 11:06 AM)
before I change to whitestone tempered glass , my previous cheap screen protector only works like 80% or less. Whitestone works 99%.
I'm using ringke tempered glass now. Maybe I'll try other tg after few months. The only reason I'm not rushing to replace because my left thumb is still reliable & acceptable. Just right thumb is really 50/50. Rarely can unlock on first try.

But overall so far the goods outweigh the cons. Let's hope this new update doesn't break anything.
singgung
post Mar 24 2022, 09:46 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

I feel like my fp scanner is a bit worse than before. Also a tad bit slower. Those pin unlock appears much more today than before.

But i like that we can chose a smaller clock on lockscreen & aod. The large clock was comical. Lol. Few of my friends were like "wow besarnya jam" 😂😂😂
singgung
post Apr 9 2022, 08:24 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(del85 @ Apr 7 2022, 08:44 PM)
user posted image

This is my keyboard settings. You can try type happy birthday for example in Whatsapp. Then you will see a gift icon after you enter the name then space. Click on the gift emoji, then you will see the sticker on the left.
Looks like mat saleh names only. Local names won't trigger the stickers. Bummer. Lol

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0618sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:15 AM