> Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

views

chriscym
post Nov 1 2021, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Oct 31 2021, 12:20 PM)
no explanation ... just being canceled  sweat.gif
according to article "We at Review Geek have personally experienced these problems. In a call with Google Support, we were told that wrongful cancellations are a “glitch with the rollout” and that it was a “problem with the sales terms” before ordering another Pixel 6. We also have family members who received the Pixel Buds Series A pre-order bonus but can’t get a refund for their cancelled Pixel 6 order."
chriscym
post Nov 1 2021, 01:51 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ Nov 1 2021, 01:09 PM)
as much as Google fanbois hate Apple, no doubt Apple's marketing reach, distribution network, brand recognition is something that Google would die to have
yes suprising , even Huawei and Xiaomi did so much better than Google. Considering Google is a giant tech company.
chriscym
post Nov 1 2021, 04:30 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(alexliko @ Nov 1 2021, 03:56 PM)
Giant tech company cant even launch their phone in more than 10 countries in first wave.

I guess hardware isnt their strength after all.
Since the nexus time, they are managed by other brands, Huawei did a good job by selling the nexus locally I got 1 myself. It was a great built phone with probably the best camera in that generation. for this very reason that Hardware is not their strength , they acquired HTC and later they develop their own Tensor chip which is good departure from Snapdragon so actually they are improving and try to close the gap with the other flagship, but I think it is not entirely about hardware to be blame, their marketing is just unable create the demand and hype. unfortunately
chriscym
post Nov 1 2021, 09:35 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(nabzblitz @ Nov 1 2021, 07:53 PM)
Does anybody know if there is any seller selling the Pixel 6 with installment plan?
check Shirogawa, he sells in Shopee, there is installment plan there as always
chriscym
post Nov 2 2021, 02:21 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ Nov 1 2021, 06:15 PM)
shocking.gif  is this an indication that future Pixel 6 imports may also face this problem?

sheesh, tak habis-habis...
That is why its safer to wait and see, if those independent reseller like shirogawa can bring it in successfully then it will be best. Self importing is high risk.
chriscym
post Nov 3 2021, 10:32 AM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(doppatroll @ Nov 3 2021, 08:05 AM)
It is more about if your willing to pay for the higher price to get it early by few weeks then others or not....  laugh.gif
Yeah....that my wish also.....but sadly google didnt do this....
the problem is not about getting it earlier than others, the OP mentioned that SIRIM rejected the P6 due to the wifi 6e have not gotten MCMC approval. Therefore it will be stucked at Kastam indefinitely (god knows when)

This post has been edited by chriscym: Nov 3 2021, 10:32 AM
chriscym
post Nov 4 2021, 07:28 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Nov 4 2021, 06:47 PM)
was trying my luck to activate volte with digi on my pixel 4.

they activated for me without asking what device i am using and also received sms from digi but still can't get the volte option after reboot,etc.

i guess it has something to do with my device as well hmm.gif
Pixel device are not configured at the Digi Network switch side in other words the network will not recognize Pixel as a VoLTE enabled device, therefore even they push to you doesn't mean you Pixel will be able to have VoLTE connected the network because the handshake will not work, this is confirmed by my friend who works there he asked the person who did the provisioning. There are other work around someone commented earlier, I think that work around method is to trick Digi by sending the signal that its one of the VoLTE enabled device (example samsung / huawei / iphone) so that the handshake will work.

This post has been edited by chriscym: Nov 4 2021, 07:30 PM
chriscym
post Nov 5 2021, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 4 2021, 11:53 PM)
to do the trick you may need to root your device  sweat.gif
I will never root again after my bad experience with security breach. It just basically open the phone to attacks. The trade off to open up additional feature is not worth it considering I also use phone for banking and ewallet stuff, rooting will prevent usage of those apps as well. I guess just live without VoLTE or hope google will bring in Pixel officially soon.
chriscym
post Nov 7 2021, 04:11 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Nov 7 2021, 02:10 PM)
Just got mine yesterday. Freakin beast. Anyways, anyone tried the volte setup?

user posted image
congrats, which seller you bought it from?
chriscym
post Nov 7 2021, 07:59 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Nov 7 2021, 07:02 PM)
Saw the post, im not so clear on how to do it really. If anyone can point to more detailed steps, im totally willing to do it. I need em volte, my p2xl was rooted though to get volte working. I need my volte, its kinda awesome.
careful bro, rooting open up your device to attacks easily. I am usually extremely careful with links i click without accepting anything also can get hacked my Digi bill comes to a whooping few hundred ringgits from those premium sms sent , at the end I have to reformat my phone. How do you run banking apps with rooted device?
chriscym
post Nov 8 2021, 02:50 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(Hurmm @ Nov 8 2021, 02:46 PM)
What's the implication to Pixel users when 3G is sunset?
you wont be able to access internet while taking the call at same time as the call network will use 2G.
chriscym
post Nov 8 2021, 04:10 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 8 2021, 03:13 PM)
Yea imagine ur close to chicken dinner with PUBG then a call comes in  tongue.gif  or using Waze or something like that, masuk longkang liao  laugh.gif . Not to mention using flagship Google phone but making calls with 20-year old tech is kinda sad  unsure.gif

Been fooling around with dual sim standby (1 voice 1 data) with my 4a to see if data drops during call, so far no dice. Probably I need to swap around and test more.
during waze/navigation mode is the worst experience when call comes in, not to mention it is even dangerous. mad.gif
chriscym
post Nov 8 2021, 06:04 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

I recall that e-sim is supported for Pixel device. I almost use this method then I thought it will be troublesome if i need to switch phone. Can try call to your local telco and enquire.
chriscym
post Nov 8 2021, 06:26 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

Saw that these brand are recomended screen protector for pixel 6, anyone ordered these brands Zagg, Otterbox, and Panzerglass.?

https://hitechglitz.com/here-is-the-list-of...rs-from-google/
chriscym
post Nov 9 2021, 10:48 AM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 8 2021, 11:00 PM)
Maybe rope in some of those famous local YouTuber or Instafemes? Haha
if can get the attention to their Telco ceo about this hooh hah in this forum might have a chance. But yeah how large is Pixel population in malaysia? from the investment standpoint they may feel its not worth to do this anyway afterall Pixel users are super minority
chriscym
post Nov 9 2021, 07:02 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

while we are talking about VoLTE celcom already testing voice over 5G (VoNR). Now I wonder if Pixel 6 can support voice over 5G

https://soyacincau.com/2021/11/09/celcom-ma...obox=1636435411

This post has been edited by chriscym: Nov 9 2021, 07:16 PM
chriscym
post Nov 9 2021, 07:18 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 9 2021, 07:08 PM)
the question is will it be registered as official phone later in telco

cool2.gif
Like SMS, MMS, 3G, 4G it is not tied to phone model, not sure why VoLTE need to have the phone model provisioned to work. I hope 5G doesn't use this silly phone matching provisioning requirement.
chriscym
post Nov 10 2021, 03:51 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(Kagekiyo @ Nov 10 2021, 03:22 PM)
Cheers.

Speaking of the controversial topic around screen protectors (TPU, Film or Glass protectors), i've been doing a fair bit of research on user reviews on Reddit and majority of them have shared these brands/models are compatible with the Pixel 6/6 Pro's hit or miss optical finger screen scanner:

1) Armour Suit Clear Film (affordable for a film protector and compatible)
2) Spigen Neo Flex Film (pricey for a flim protector but compatible)
3) Whitestone dome glass (coming soon but will definitely be expensive)
4) LK TPU (abit pricey but compatible)

The only downside is that items 1 - 3 are out of stock/not available on Amazon USA at the moment. :/
problem with whitestone is the liquid, if flow into the speaker will be GG
chriscym
post Nov 10 2021, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(Kagekiyo @ Nov 10 2021, 03:56 PM)
You're absolutely right.

Since the adhesive liquid needs to be cured using the bundled UV light accessory, it does require a fair amount of stable hand/finger dexterity to align the screen protector in place and whatnot or else you risk blowing your hard spent RM200+ DIY'ing it yourself.
there is 1 way to prevent this by taping the speakers before applying the liquid. But I feel this is too much hassle. the whitestone quality is not miles away from a good tempered glass. And with the price, a good tempered glass if the finger print is compatible is a better option.
chriscym
post Nov 11 2021, 02:18 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

looks like there will be a wait for the Pro version. Its selling like hot cake now it seems. I am wondering if I should wait for official Singapore Google Store or get from techbug

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th May 2022 - 02:35 AM