Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Leasehold landed cannot buy?, Leasehold landed

views

TSMAC5
post Mar 24 2021, 11:36 PM, updated 3 months ago

Getting Started
180 posts

Guys, can share your views on leasehold landed terrace?

This post has been edited by MAC5: Mar 24 2021, 11:38 PM
taitianhin
post Mar 24 2021, 11:39 PM

This is
1,359 posts

Just like car...
Can we buy Perodua? Proton? Still can buy la...
So what you want to buy it for? Brag? Investment? Just to buy....?
TSMAC5
post Mar 24 2021, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Mar 24 2021, 11:39 PM)
Just like car...
Can we buy Perodua? Proton? Still can buy la...
So what you want to buy it for? Brag? Investment? Just to buy....?
From investment angle. In term of capital appreciation.
annoymous1234
post Mar 25 2021, 12:05 AM

Cheapest condo in PJ
7,364 posts

Leasehold or freehold should not be the only deciding factor when it comes to property. Location wise is important as well, a lot of leasehold property now is selling at millions. Look the the location and neighbourhood, the surrounding convenience, the quality of the home. These are what makes a property valuable.
post Mar 25 2021, 12:10 AM

539 posts

always free > lease. try to find new freehold in KV matured area, you will see how limited choices you have.

but yeah, location plays a vital part too. freehold in ulu place wont get any appreication.

buying a property with fewer lease year also impact your mortage.
nexona88
post Mar 25 2021, 12:47 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
42,960 posts

Well
Personally... It's FH all the way.. landed..
BUT.. there's but... If LH location is strategic & the price is okay. Why not... As long it's over 50y balance.. 99y even better...
taitianhin
post Mar 25 2021, 01:38 AM

This is
1,359 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 24 2021, 11:41 PM)
So do your own investment profile...
So long it makes money in short term....then it should be fine.
Where you buy?
Rudd
post Mar 25 2021, 01:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,017 posts

what happen after lease period over.
state can take back the land, what about our house?
lollipopkan
post Mar 25 2021, 06:42 AM

Enthusiast
942 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Mar 25 2021, 02:42 AM)
About leasehold properties, a lot of people always wonder this "what about gov take away my property"...

Well let me tell u, if the state wants to take back your property, it can be as soon as vp.

If your property is freehold, state cannot take away the properties? Surprise! They still can take it away when they want.

Also, leasehold tenure can be extended, so why not extend it if it goes down below 50 years to prevent the outcome of gov taking away your leasehold properties without compensating you?

That being said, i am going for freehold landed but if within the same area, same sizes, almost same workmanship, almost same township planning but freehold landed costs me more than 100k then i might give leasehold landed a hard consideration.
KopiMalaysiano
post Mar 25 2021, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
252 posts

I have heard a few places lease 99 years expired in msia, but since the area, although on main road, has no prospect other than residential, hence it was renewed.

I do feel it is luck based, and cannot just dismissed. Dun listen sales too much, gauge your feeling about the place.
kelvinfixx
post Mar 25 2021, 09:30 AM

Regular
1,522 posts

No difference. It can be renewed. I see many rich people buy leasehold semi d and bangalow happily.

I see many freehold poperty size much smaller compare to leasehold and it is cheaper. You have to look at workmanship too.

I think property company is using freehold as a marketing tool, and people thought "free"hold means you are own it and "lease"hold means you lease it, actual fact both you own it.

This post has been edited by kelvinfixx: Mar 25 2021, 09:37 AM
acbc
post Mar 25 2021, 09:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,600 posts

Even FH, gomen can take away the land using the NLC if not mistaken.

Plus, u ain't gonna live beyond 99 years anyway. Your next gen may not even want the property if not staying in MY.
SUSxander83
post Mar 25 2021, 09:34 AM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(lollipopkan @ Mar 25 2021, 06:42 AM)
About leasehold properties, a lot of people always wonder this "what about gov take away my property"...

Well let me tell u, if the state wants to take back your property, it can be as soon as vp.

If your property is freehold, state cannot take away the properties? Surprise! They still can take it away when they want.

Also, leasehold tenure can be extended, so why not extend it if it goes down below 50 years to prevent the outcome of gov taking away your leasehold properties without compensating you?

That being said, i am going for freehold landed but if within the same area, same sizes, almost same workmanship, almost same township planning but freehold landed costs me more than 100k then i might give leasehold landed a hard consideration.
Yes especially now under state of emergency government have the right to possession of your property

Compensation or not it will depends whether they are willing to pay is also another story as it can be lower than market

Buying property number 1 is location, location and location and the follow by purpose to monetise, build and only land titles comes in next

In fact buying leasehold can be as cheaper as 30% or more

The only question you have to ask will the banks willing to loan you money the buy the property unless you have the means buy it outright as cash borrowings
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 25 2021, 09:34 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

No history of leasehold property failed to renew in Malaysia.

Regardsless of freehold or leasehold, government will take back the land if needed
kelvinfixx
post Mar 25 2021, 09:38 AM

Regular
1,522 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Mar 25 2021, 01:42 AM)
renewed, and government can "take" (compensate) your freehold house deem fit, not only leasehold.

This post has been edited by kelvinfixx: Mar 25 2021, 09:40 AM
AHGS14
post Mar 25 2021, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

I once bought a leasehold landed from developer in the 80s. When I sold the house a few years later, it took more than a year to get the state consent for the title transfer and get my money. I don't know if the situation has improved since then.
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 25 2021, 10:16 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(AHGS14 @ Mar 25 2021, 09:59 AM)
I once bought a leasehold landed from developer in the 80s.  When I sold the house a few years later, it took more than a year to get the state consent for the title transfer and get my money.  I don't know if the situation has improved since then.
usually 3-4 months only
mingyew
post Mar 25 2021, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,150 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 24 2021, 11:36 PM)
Guys, can share your views on leasehold landed terrace?
Try to see the landed house at PJ , Kota Damansara and Sunway...
DragonReine
post Mar 25 2021, 10:42 AM

just another dog on the Internet
2,541 posts

When it comes to Msian property, location and target market matters more than whether leasehold/freehold because

1) gahmen can easily tell you to give up FH land if they really wanted it, under LAA 1960 https://www.mondaq.com/landlord-tenant--lea...20of%20Malaysia.
2) most leasehold is at around 99 years, except in Sarawak usually they do 60 years because 99 years got higher premium, but renewal is usually easy because most properties are built on land that's deemed as useful only for residential laugh.gif so unless you're an immortal vampire it's unlikely you'd have issues with leasehold expiry in your lifetime

This post has been edited by DragonReine: Mar 25 2021, 11:44 AM
nabelon
post Mar 25 2021, 11:25 AM

Walk of Life
1,714 posts

my freehold landed appreciate faster then leasehold. leasehold appreciate but slowly sometimes feel like not that good of an investment.
MeToo
post Mar 25 2021, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,299 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 24 2021, 11:41 PM)
Leasehold 99 yrs.

Federation of Malaysia baru 58 yrs old....
chainyong
post Mar 25 2021, 11:44 AM

Casual
447 posts

always go for freehold if money is not an issue, but only applicable to same or similar location.

Don't compare the FH kampung area to LH town area.
Or compare the FH properties with no/less amenities nearby, to LH properties but near to amenities

This post has been edited by chainyong: Mar 25 2021, 11:46 AM
wayton
post Mar 25 2021, 12:11 PM

Enthusiast
897 posts

Location is more important than LH or FH

Right location LH appreciate more than FH area that nobody wants.

LH with 99years has too long tenure to be worried about.

30 years later also don't know what will happen on that area, don't need to worry 99 years later.

99 years later, we also no longer here.
nexona88
post Mar 25 2021, 12:11 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
42,960 posts

QUOTE(AHGS14 @ Mar 25 2021, 09:59 AM)
I once bought a leasehold landed from developer in the 80s.  When I sold the house a few years later, it took more than a year to get the state consent for the title transfer and get my money.  I don't know if the situation has improved since then.
around 6month or less tongue.gif
lollipopkan
post Mar 25 2021, 04:00 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

Some people I know go beyond their means to buy freehold landed just so have a little bit more bragging rights.

Meanwhile Damansara leasehold landed owners just smirk at these cute people...
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Bandar Rimbayu is an example. The entire township is leasehold whereas neighbouring township-Kota Kemuning is freehold.
Donidoni
post Mar 25 2021, 06:15 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

It does not matter FH or LH.
As long as the LOCATION and PRODUCT are good, just go for it.
nexona88
post Mar 25 2021, 06:24 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
42,960 posts

QUOTE(lollipopkan @ Mar 25 2021, 04:00 PM)
Some people I know go beyond their means to buy freehold landed just so have a little bit more bragging rights.

well many look low on u when own LH properties...
just like how people look low when u go use public transport for work/school etc. tongue.gif
or uses some cheapo P1 or P2 cars dry.gif
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 25 2021, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(xander83 @ Mar 25 2021, 09:34 AM)
Yes especially now under state of emergency government have the right to possession of your property

Compensation or not it will depends whether they are willing to pay is also another story as it can be lower than market

Buying property number 1 is location, location and location and the follow by purpose to monetise, build and only land titles comes in next

In fact buying leasehold can be as cheaper as 30% or more

The only question you have to ask will the banks willing to loan you money the buy the property unless you have the means buy it outright as cash borrowings
Also not to forget the state is not obligated to renew even if you have money. And the state is not obligated to compensate you after the lease has expired. If the owner has a say then might as well make it freehold. The notion of leasehold means the state has the final say. Not you.

Just imagine you go lease a car from BMW. After 1 year must they compensate you if they wanna take back? Can you stop force them to renew? Remember it's a lease.

As for freehold, they can take your land but they must compensate for taking over your land.

If I am TS, I will buy only freehold. And go condo freehold if you must buy in good location but landed expensive. Never buy freehold in bad location.

This post has been edited by Ayammachiamboss: Mar 25 2021, 06:35 PM
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 25 2021, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

If you do buy leasehold, remember to dispose the property after 25 years and upgrade to freehold. Because there are many in Malaysia who still believe lease guaranteed can be renewed. When 99 lease expired their kids will cry father cry mother "PA ma, I thought you said can renew this double story Kota Damansara house wan? Why? Why did you leave me with nothing?"

This post has been edited by Ayammachiamboss: Mar 25 2021, 07:00 PM
e-lite
post Mar 25 2021, 06:55 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 25 2021, 06:37 PM)
If you do buy leasehold, remember to dispose the property after 25 years and upgrade to freehold. Because there are many in Malaysia who still believe lease guaranteed can be renewed. When 99 lease expired their kids will cry father cry mother "PA ma, I thought you said can renew this double story Desa Park City house wan? Why? Why did you leave me with nothing?"
Not relevant statement. Desa Park City is not leasehold
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 25 2021, 06:58 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(e-lite @ Mar 25 2021, 06:55 PM)
Not relevant statement. Desa Park City is not leasehold
My mistake. KD then.
TOMEI-R
post Mar 25 2021, 07:03 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,710 posts

Tell me how many shop houses, building, land and petrol stations which have freehold status that had to make way for LRT station and line construction?

The state can't take away your land if its freehold? Think again.
nexona88
post Mar 25 2021, 08:55 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
42,960 posts

FH or LD...
Gomen can take over our house/land... No matter what.. in the name of development...

Remember the pasar seni MRT case.... 🤭
Many disagree... In the end needed to accept it...
adamhzm90
post Mar 25 2021, 10:11 PM

Regular
1,280 posts

Those who said no difference. When LH expires need to pay for the term renewal right. Also i read that the premium is not small fees too
Donidoni
post Mar 25 2021, 10:20 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 25 2021, 06:34 PM)
Also not to forget the state is not obligated to renew even if you have money. And the state is not obligated to compensate you after the lease has expired. If the owner has a say then might as well make it freehold. The notion of leasehold means the state has the final say. Not you.

Just imagine you go lease a car from BMW. After 1 year must they compensate you if they wanna take back? Can you stop force them to renew? Remember it's a lease.

As for freehold, they can take your land but they must compensate for taking over your land.

If I am TS, I will buy only freehold. And go condo freehold if you must buy in good location but landed expensive. Never buy freehold in bad location.
FH or LH, govt needs to compensate if they want to acquire your land for public purposes. Your statement sounds like the govt will not compensate LH owners. As long as the lease still active, the owner has right to be compensated. The LH period will usually outlast us. So, you will not see the day the govt wants to take back your land.
What about your kids? Your kids should be capable and independent enough to buy their own properties.
Donidoni
post Mar 25 2021, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 25 2021, 06:37 PM)
If you do buy leasehold, remember to dispose the property after 25 years and upgrade to freehold. Because there are many in Malaysia who still believe lease guaranteed can be renewed. When 99 lease expired their kids will cry father cry mother "PA ma, I thought you said can renew this double story Kota Damansara house wan? Why? Why did you leave me with nothing?"
You should train your kids to be capable and independent enough to buy their own properties. You do not owe your adult kids a living.
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(Donidoni @ Mar 25 2021, 10:23 PM)
You should train your kids to be capable and independent enough to buy their own properties.  You do not owe your adult kids a living.
If can make kids’ life easier, a good thing too. Imagine how tough for future generations to buy a landed property.
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(lollipopkan @ Mar 25 2021, 04:00 PM)

Which part of Damansara is leasehold area?
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 25 2021, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(Donidoni @ Mar 25 2021, 10:20 PM)
FH or LH, govt needs to compensate if they want to acquire your land for public purposes.  Your statement sounds like the govt will not compensate LH owners.  As long as the lease still active, the owner has right to be compensated.  The LH period will usually outlast us.  So, you will not see the day the govt wants to take back your land. 
What about your kids?  Your kids should be capable and independent enough to buy their own properties.
Your statement is right that if the government takes your land when the lease is active, then you should be compensated. But many think that when the lease expires the government must compensate them still. That is a very careless thought.

My kids? Hmmm. I don't know what should I leave them yet. But whatever the decision is, why get a lease just for 10% discount?
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 25 2021, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(Donidoni @ Mar 25 2021, 10:23 PM)
You should train your kids to be capable and independent enough to buy their own properties.  You do not owe your adult kids a living.
Actually I won't want my kids to be spoilt. But even if my kids are capable of handling their finances well, why should I get a land only to lose it 99 years later? If I leave it to my financially literate kids, maybe they can put the land to better use. That's better than losing the land so that some 2 ringgit shell company can buy it for cheap.
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Well. It also depends on that particular area.

If the area you want to live in is 100% leasehold, then you have no choice. Likewise, in future, people who love living in this area also has no choice but to buy leasehold property also.

But if that area has both freehold and leasehold, then perhaps it is wise to select freehold if price range is not too much.
Vrooms
post Mar 25 2021, 10:52 PM

24 posts

bungalow plot but leasehold left 77 yrs... how ah? rm3mil+ land saja, have to bina own haus
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Perhaps what is interesting is there is no leasehold high rise in Malaysia which is 80-90 years old yet.

Wondering what will happen to leasehold high rise when it is 80-90 years old.
chainyong
post Mar 25 2021, 11:02 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 25 2021, 10:54 PM)
Perhaps what is interesting is there is no leasehold high rise in Malaysia which is 80-90 years old yet.

Wondering what will happen to leasehold high rise when it is 80-90 years old.
no matter LH or FH , after 80 years, I don't think the high rise building still safe to stay, especially now all the high rise building built by foreign workers, some even less than 5 years already many problem, some just VP already come with waterfall
chainyong
post Mar 25 2021, 11:08 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 25 2021, 06:34 PM)

If you really want to pass the property to your kids, I dont think the freehold condo is a good idea, after 60 years i think your kids also don't want to stay in that condo, high chance to become a dangerous building
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(chainyong @ Mar 25 2021, 11:02 PM)
no matter LH or FH , after 80 years, I don't think the high rise building still safe to stay, especially now all the high rise building built by foreign workers, some even less than 5 years already many problem, some just VP already come with waterfall
For high rise, it is the land underneath matters most.

For leasehold landed, individual owner can apply to renew the lease.

Whereas for high rise, I guess you need to get agreement from all unit owners before you can renew the lease. If one owner does not agree, then cannot proceed. Anyone can clarify this?
TSMAC5
post Mar 25 2021, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(chainyong @ Mar 25 2021, 11:08 PM)
If you really want to pass the property to your kids, I dont think the freehold condo is a good idea,  after 60 years i think your kids also don't want to stay in that condo, high chance to become a dangerous building
In that case, a 60 years old high rise condo can only wait for developers to acquire the whole condo, demolish it and rebuild another new high rise?
chainyong
post Mar 25 2021, 11:18 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 25 2021, 11:11 PM)
In that case, a 60 years old high rise condo can only wait for developers to acquire the whole condo, demolish it and rebuild another new high rise?
if your condo located at a strategic location, it is possible, if not very hard to get developer to acquire.

If the old high rise really dangerous and might affecting surrounding building, government might just demolish it for safety purpose with minimum compensation
chainyong
post Mar 25 2021, 11:22 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Mar 25 2021, 11:28 AM)
Leasehold 99 yrs.

Federation of Malaysia baru 58 yrs old....
99 years can give to three generation, assuming every generation getting their 1st kid around 30 years old
chamelion
post Mar 25 2021, 11:31 PM

Back to Bricking
2,752 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Mar 25 2021, 01:42 AM)
After the lease period over, the owner needs to renew it.
The rate is base on the location of the land.

If you go to PJ old town, you see a lot of vacant bungalows and houses. The reason is most of those houses owner have moved out but the house is not desirable in the market as it is at the very end of the lease. It will depreciate a lot for the buyer.

The renewal rate is between RM60k-250k.

That means if you buy the bungalow at RM1.8mil, you need to add say RM150k cash for renewing the lease within 10 years.

The actual house own value will be RM1.8mil + RM150k* + (time u own the house x 5% of RM150k)**.

*if you borrow the RM150k, then you also need to add interest from the loan.
**Rough way to calculate the loss of gain from interest.

Also, the paper value of the house is RM1.8mil, the bank will only borrow you 1.8Mil at max (which is not likely at all...).

No one who understands this will want to pay ~RM2mil to stay in an RM1.8mil house since there is a lot of property supply in msia...

This post has been edited by chamelion: Mar 25 2021, 11:39 PM
chamelion
post Mar 25 2021, 11:37 PM

Back to Bricking
2,752 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 25 2021, 11:09 PM)
For high rise, it is the land underneath matters most.

For leasehold landed, individual owner can apply to renew the lease.

Whereas for high rise, I guess you need to get agreement from all unit owners before you can renew the lease. If one owner does not agree, then cannot proceed. Anyone can clarify this?
Normally is a strata title. The title is held by a legally appointed representative body. If the owner does not pay, he can be sue and need to pay all interest because he already agrees with the term during purchase.
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 26 2021, 01:37 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(chamelion @ Mar 25 2021, 11:31 PM)

If you go to PJ old town, you see a lot of vacant bungalows and houses. The reason is most of those houses owner have moved out but the house is not desirable in the market as it is at the very end of the lease. It will depreciate a lot for the buyer.

That means if you buy the bungalow at RM1.8mil, you need to add say RM150k cash for renewing the lease within 10 years.

The actual house own value will be RM1.8mil + RM150k* + (time u own the house x 5% of RM150k)**.

Also, the paper value of the house is RM1.8mil, the bank will only borrow you 1.8Mil at max (which is not likely at all...).

No one who understands this will want to pay ~RM2mil to stay in an RM1.8mil house since there is a lot of property supply in msia...
Does that mean if you do get the approval to renew your lease, you have to pay at least 2 mil for it?
chamelion
post Mar 26 2021, 07:49 AM

Back to Bricking
2,752 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 26 2021, 01:37 AM)
Does that mean if you do get the approval to renew your lease, you have to pay at least 2 mil for it?
You pay RM2mil from your pocket.
RM1.8 for house and ~RM200k (If you calculate in detail, it might higher) for leasing fee.
Generally, gov allow lease renewal with no issue.

It is also an issue if you want to sell. You have to wait the appreciation of RM200k + the normal loan interest and fee to avoid lost.

This post has been edited by chamelion: Mar 26 2021, 07:50 AM
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 26 2021, 09:46 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(chamelion @ Mar 26 2021, 07:49 AM)
You pay RM2mil from your pocket.
RM1.8 for house and ~RM200k (If you calculate in detail, it might higher) for leasing fee.
Generally, gov allow lease renewal with no issue.

It is also an issue if you want to sell. You have to wait the appreciation of RM200k + the normal loan interest and fee to avoid lost.
Thanks interesting to know that after 'owning' the house for 99 years you have to repurchase it when renewing the lease. I thought it is just extending the lease without paying for the house value again.
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 09:55 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(chainyong @ Mar 25 2021, 11:02 PM)
haha, i dont dare stay in 80 years old high rise building
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 10:01 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(chamelion @ Mar 25 2021, 11:31 PM)

if before renew price at 1.8m, after you renew it.........market price simply 2m above

I working nearby old town, initial offer by local authorities is 100k renewal, it shock to the resident. end up negotiate till very low price
TSMAC5
post Mar 26 2021, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(StupidGuyPlayComp @ Mar 26 2021, 10:01 AM)
if before renew price at 1.8m, after you renew it.........market price simply 2m above

I working nearby old town, initial offer by local authorities is 100k renewal, it shock to the resident. end up negotiate till very low price
what was the ending? Renewed lease successfully?
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 10:08 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 26 2021, 10:03 AM)
what was the ending? Renewed lease successfully?
yes, already renewed few years ago
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 10:09 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

i saw a vacant bungalow lot (not really big) selling at 1m now
TSMAC5
post Mar 26 2021, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(StupidGuyPlayComp @ Mar 26 2021, 10:08 AM)
yes, already renewed few years ago
99 years extended?
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 10:26 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 26 2021, 10:16 AM)
99 years extended?
I only knew success, how many years dont know
romuluz777
post Mar 26 2021, 10:36 AM

Regular
1,531 posts

QUOTE(AHGS14 @ Mar 25 2021, 10:59 AM)
I kena similar case back in 2009.
Owned a freehold condo with "restriction in interest" in Bkt Jalil.
Needed to get approval from Jab. Tanah & Galian KL before can transfer.
Took quite a few months.

MeToo
post Mar 26 2021, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,299 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 26 2021, 09:46 AM)
Thanks interesting to know that after 'owning' the house for 99 years you have to repurchase it when renewing the lease. I thought it is just extending the lease without paying for the house value again.
Huh?

Since when you need to re-buy the house?

Just pay the lease extension la... as for his calculation of RM150k to extend the lease.. he pull the number out of thin air..

for example

https://www.edgeprop.my/content/lease-renewal-just-rm1000
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 10:57 AM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Mar 26 2021, 10:46 AM)
Huh?

Just pay the lease extension la... as for his calculation of RM150k to extend the lease.. he pull the number out of thin air..

for example

Only 1k, not 150k. The owner smile to the sky
TSMAC5
post Mar 26 2021, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(romuluz777 @ Mar 26 2021, 10:36 AM)
I kena similar case back in 2009.
Owned a freehold condo with "restriction in interest" in Bkt Jalil.
Needed to get approval from Jab. Tanah & Galian KL before can transfer.
Took quite a few months.
Freehold still have "restriction in interest". What is the restriction stated in the Title?
lollipopkan
post Mar 26 2021, 11:33 AM

Enthusiast
942 posts

"Repurchase"

Someone is making a joke out of himself.
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 26 2021, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

Huh?

for example

I don't know that what the guy before me said. Anyway I did a little more research. There are many links saying renewal in Selangor is just 1k as you've shared. But then there is this

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&...5oWaWpQ3C4Pi2pn

"Keep in mind that the calculation of the premium rate as mentioned above is for the land itself. It does not include the building constructed on the land. "

Can anyone confirm if during renewal the building has its own premium to pay as well?

chamelion
Ayammachiamboss
post Mar 26 2021, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(StupidGuyPlayComp @ Mar 26 2021, 10:57 AM)
IF renewal is approved. I can't deny that knowing the renewal is that cheap in Selangor has to a certain extent shed some positive light on leasehold properties, but if you read carefully, if the lease is not renewed or the renewal is rejected, the land is returned to the state automatically.

Also, I am not surprised with the state of things in Malaysia, this 1k thing can be uturned.
StupidGuyPlayComp
post Mar 26 2021, 12:24 PM

Kenny Is Here
All Stars
13,649 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 26 2021, 12:05 PM)
IF renewal is approved. I can't deny that knowing the renewal is that cheap in Selangor has to a certain extent shed some positive light on leasehold properties, but if you read carefully, if the lease is not renewed or the renewal is rejected, the land is returned to the state automatically.

Also, I am not surprised with the state of things in Malaysia, this 1k thing can be uturned.
In law yes, if authorities refuse to renew they can take back the land. In history never happen before

future always nobody know
chamelion
post Mar 26 2021, 12:49 PM

Back to Bricking
2,752 posts

Huh?

for example

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 26 2021, 12:00 PM)
I don't know that what the guy before me said. Anyway I did a little more research. There are many links saying renewal in Selangor is just 1k as you've shared. But then there is this

"Keep in mind that the calculation of the premium rate as mentioned above is for the land itself. It does not include the building constructed on the land. "

Can anyone confirm if during renewal the building has its own premium to pay as well?

chamelion
That is why in my first post i mention the rate is subject to location.

aspartame
post Mar 26 2021, 02:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(Ayammachiamboss @ Mar 26 2021, 12:00 PM)

chamelion
I think what they meant was the value of building is disregarded ... only market value of land is taken into consideration ... the buildings no need to pay anything to renew one because the law does not care if there is a building on the land or not

aspartame
post Mar 26 2021, 02:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

Huh?

for example

But if u extend the leasehold by paying RM1k, you cannot sell the properties, only can stay there or rent out... there’s a caveat on the land, if u want to sell, u still need to pay full premium ...
romuluz777
post Mar 26 2021, 03:12 PM

Regular
1,531 posts

QUOTE(MAC5 @ Mar 26 2021, 12:07 PM)
Freehold still have "restriction in interest". What is the restriction stated in the Title?
Just only that, no other description listed.
This adds another hassle when you need to get approval from the KL land office if you want to sell/transfer title.
When you guys are prospecting freehold props, do keep an eye out for this clause.

AHGS14
post Mar 27 2021, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

https://www.facebook.com/tensharing/videos/346646133449440
Just came across this. It gave an idea on how to lease renewal fees are computed.
chamelion
post Mar 27 2021, 10:41 AM

Back to Bricking
2,752 posts

QUOTE(AHGS14 @ Mar 27 2021, 10:22 AM)
https://www.facebook.com/tensharing/videos/346646133449440
Just came across this.  It gave an idea on how to lease renewal fees are computed.
the last part of the video is similar to the example I gave. It put the buyer in a difficult position, that is why the property is no desirable.

Welcome to PJ property.... blush.gif
Babizz
post Mar 27 2021, 10:48 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,410 posts

QUOTE(chamelion @ Mar 26 2021, 08:41 PM)
the last part of the video is similar to the example I gave. It put the buyer in a difficult position, that is why the property is no desirable.

Welcome to PJ property....  blush.gif
What will happen to those paying millions for terrace house in teluk panglima garang in 30 years?
harrywilsome
post Mar 27 2021, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

As a property investor with more than 10 landed properties over a period of more than 20 years time frame.
I would say the location, concept, and township potential are more important than leasehold/freehold.
I own both leasehold and freehold landed properties.
I can affirm that some of my leasehold properties yield better returns ( rental and capital appreciations) than my freehold landed properties.

Developers nowadays are putting a premium pricing on their freehold properties compared to leasehold properties.

One example, a freehold landed property I was considering is priced 200k-300k more than a similar size (built up and land size) leasehold landed property.
One has to pay extra 200k-300k money to get a freehold property. On top of that, not to forget, with a bigger loan is more interest payment. A 300k more loan principal could cost an average 12k per annum worth of interest payment (assumption interest rate is 4%)

At the end of it, I went with the leasehold property because I feel the area the leasehold property is located has a greater long-term potential.
The cost of renewing the lease in Selangor is $1k (if ones plan to continue to stay or pass on the next generation). If one plan to sell after 10-30 years, there is always an option to renew the land lease back to 99 years. One only needs to pay the number of years difference between 99 years - remaining years left on the lease. (don't need to pay the full 99 years lease premium) . The land lease renewal premium is much lower compared to the premium price and its corresponding interest of a freehold property.
So the choice is between paying the freehold premium price upfront + interest vs land lease renewal premium if and when one decides to sell.
If the property is mainly for own stay and passing on to next generation, no need to worry so much about the land lease premium lah (to be honest)

My advise to folks, just buy a property that you like and can afford.
Leasehold vs freehold is not the be-all end-all. Location and township potential are more important.

This post has been edited by harrywilsome: Mar 27 2021, 11:35 AM
joeblow
post Mar 27 2021, 10:14 PM

Regular
1,068 posts

Just add on something quick. When you buy a leasehold property, do take note. 99 years do not mean you have 99 years after VP. Sometimes you get only 90 years because the developer takes 9 years to plan, sell, build and transfer to you. Do note the title or SPA state how many years left. Normally will have expiry date.

Also do take note for renewal typically different states got different rules on that. Yes leasehold typically should be 20 to 30% or more cheaper than freehold for similar projects.

This post has been edited by joeblow: Mar 27 2021, 10:14 PM
TSMAC5
post Mar 28 2021, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(harrywilsome @ Mar 27 2021, 11:12 AM)
As a property investor with more than 10 landed properties over a period of more than 20 years time frame.
I would say the location, concept, and township potential are more important than leasehold/freehold.
I own both leasehold and freehold landed properties.
I can affirm that some of my leasehold properties yield better returns ( rental and capital appreciations) than my freehold landed properties.

Developers nowadays are putting a premium pricing on their freehold properties compared to leasehold properties.

One example,  a freehold landed property I was considering is priced 200k-300k more than a similar size (built up and land size) leasehold landed property.
One has to pay extra 200k-300k money to get a freehold property. On top of that, not to forget, with a bigger loan is more interest payment.  A 300k more loan principal could cost an average 12k per annum worth of interest payment (assumption interest rate is 4%)

At the end of it, I went with the leasehold property because I feel the area the leasehold property is located has a greater long-term potential.
The cost of renewing the lease in Selangor is $1k (if ones plan to continue to stay or pass on the next generation). If one plan to sell after 10-30 years,  there is always an option to renew the land lease back to 99 years.  One only needs to pay the number of years difference between 99 years - remaining years left on the lease.  (don't need to pay the full 99 years lease premium) . The land lease renewal premium is much lower compared to the premium price and its corresponding interest of a freehold property.
So the choice is between paying the freehold premium price upfront + interest vs  land lease renewal premium if and when one decides to sell.
If the property is mainly for own stay and passing on to next generation,  no need to worry so much about the land lease premium lah (to be honest)

My advise to folks, just buy a property that you like and can afford.
Leasehold vs freehold is not the be-all end-all. Location and township potential are more important.
Great sharing.

This post has been edited by MAC5: Mar 28 2021, 11:16 PM
post Mar 28 2021, 11:31 PM

539 posts

edit

This post has been edited by 47100: Mar 28 2021, 11:32 PM
SUSWynne2219
post Mar 29 2021, 01:33 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

Lakefield Boleh ?
scongi
post Apr 2 2024, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Is it feasible to buy commercial leasehold individual shoplot? From what i have checked with land office, the premium to renew is 75% of market value of the land as compared to the residential leasehold which is 25% of market value of the land. (as per guideline in Selangor State Government)

If we bought leasehold shoplot at RM2 mil now, Assuming after 30 years, the market value of shoplot is RM6 mil and the market value of land is RM3 mil (assume half of market value of the shoplot).

If we extend it for 30 years back to it original 99 years, the premium we need to pay is almost RM477k (calculated based on formula : 75% x RM3 mil / 99 years x 30 years [no of extension years] x 70% [assuming we have discount 30% if we made full payment in lump sum])

If we divide RM477,000 / 30 years, it gives premium of RM15,900 per year or RM1,325 per month.

Basically, if leasehold commercial land is appreciate more, the more premium we need to pay.

If my calculation is not correct, please do comments

This post has been edited by scongi: Apr 2 2024, 03:59 PM
TSMAC5
post Apr 2 2024, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(scongi @ Apr 2 2024, 03:57 PM)
Is it feasible to buy commercial leasehold individual shoplot? From what i have checked with land office, the premium to renew is 75% of market value of the land as compared to the residential leasehold which is 25% of market value of the land. (as per guideline in Selangor State Government)

If we bought leasehold shoplot at RM2 mil now, Assuming after 30 years,  the market value of shoplot is RM6 mil and the market value of land is RM3 mil (assume half of market value of the shoplot).

If we extend it for 30 years back to it original 99 years, the premium we need to pay is almost RM477k (calculated based on formula : 75% x RM3 mil / 99 years x 30 years [no of extension years] x 70% [assuming we have discount 30% if we made full payment in lump sum])

If we divide RM477,000 / 30 years, it gives premium of RM15,900 per year or RM1,325 per month.

Basically, if leasehold commercial land is appreciate more, the more premium we need to pay.

Big hassle.
icemanfx
post Apr 2 2024, 04:55 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,866 posts

QUOTE(scongi @ Apr 2 2024, 03:57 PM)

If we bought leasehold shoplot at RM2 mil now, Assuming after 30 years,  the market value of shoplot is RM6 mil and the market value of land is RM3 mil (assume half of market value of the shoplot).

gomen policy could change; discount may not be available e.g umno regime.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Apr 2 2024, 05:13 PM
qwerty223
post Apr 2 2024, 05:31 PM

On my way
687 posts

leasehold does not matters for commercial . 15 years is more than enough to pay off the investment + interest. Rest is just pure profit the longer you can hold. If flipping also concern more if the bull comes or not. Resident is the opposite. After 15 years occupation, value at most holding inflation, let alone growth. Even bull comes also lags freehold when comes to margin.
scongi
post Apr 3 2024, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(qwerty223 @ Apr 2 2024, 05:31 PM)
leasehold does not matters for commercial . 15 years is more than enough to pay off the investment + interest. Rest is just pure profit the longer you can hold. If flipping also concern more if the bull comes or not. Resident is the opposite. After 15 years occupation, value at most holding inflation, let alone growth. Even bull comes also lags freehold when comes to margin.
I will think leasehold commercial will affect more our 2nd or 3th successor (let says after 60-70 years) as the lease may less than 30 years when the property transferred to them...There is big money to pay for the extension..

It also depends if you purchase the leasehold commercial, the pricing is really cheaper compare to surrounding freehold and also the location also an important...
Rinth
post Apr 3 2024, 09:42 AM

Regular
1,088 posts

QUOTE(scongi @ Apr 3 2024, 09:22 AM)
I will think leasehold commercial will affect more our 2nd or 3th successor (let says after 60-70 years) as the lease may less than 30 years when the property transferred to them...There is big money to pay for the extension..

It also depends if you purchase the leasehold commercial, the pricing is really cheaper compare to surrounding freehold and also the location also an important...
Leasehold, if not mistaken, there are option that you do not need to pay premium now to extend the lease, only need to profit sharing with the state govt/local council upon selling.

As for leasehold commercial, if its decent location and generating rental profit stably, there are no need to sell it, hence leasehold, in most cases, make more sense for commercial rather then residential.

Residential is for ppl to live, you might want to sell it in 30/40 years due to the condition of the property....for commercial, no matter what the condition, if its at right place/right sizes, its always got demand.
scongi
post Apr 3 2024, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(Rinth @ Apr 3 2024, 09:42 AM)
Leasehold, if not mistaken, there are option that you do not need to pay premium now to extend the lease, only need to profit sharing with the state govt/local council upon selling.

As for leasehold commercial, if its decent location and generating rental profit stably, there are no need to sell it, hence leasehold, in most cases, make more sense for commercial rather then residential.

Residential is for ppl to live, you might want to sell it in 30/40 years due to the condition of the property....for commercial, no matter what the condition, if its at right place/right sizes, its always got demand.
Is true we dun need to sell it for leasehold commercial for decent location and good rental, just there is still a big money to pay to extend the lease when it expires...of course as what I say it only affect our 2nd or 3rd successor after 60-70 years..

Of course this is up to personal choice because some may not think too far as future is very hard to predict.....But based on current law and policy, there is disadvantage of leasehold commercial as compared with freehold commercial in long term
Rinth
post Apr 3 2024, 10:32 AM

Regular
1,088 posts

QUOTE(scongi @ Apr 3 2024, 09:52 AM)
Is true we dun need to sell it for leasehold commercial for decent location and good rental, just there is still a big money to pay to extend the lease when it expires...of course as what I say it only affect our 2nd or 3rd successor after 60-70 years..

Of course this is up to personal choice because some may not think too far as future is very hard to predict.....But based on current law and policy, there is disadvantage of leasehold commercial as compared with freehold commercial in long term
You missed my 1st paragraph. There are option to extend the lease without paying any $$, its by profit sharing with the govt when you sell the property.... Technically you do no need to outlay any$$ to extend the lease.

But of course the actual procedure might varies, and might have many restriction therefore this is just for education purposes lol

This post has been edited by Rinth: Apr 3 2024, 10:34 AM
scongi
post Apr 3 2024, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(Rinth @ Apr 3 2024, 10:32 AM)
You missed my 1st paragraph. There are option to extend the lease without paying any $$, its by profit sharing with the govt when you sell the property.... Technically you do no need to outlay any$$ to extend the lease.

But of course the actual procedure might varies, and might have many restriction therefore this is just for education purposes lol
Noted. Do you know how much profit sharing they offered?

Btw, I would think if we sell the leasehold commercial with short lease left, the market value wont be high as the buyer will factor in the extension premium and they must buy in cash as the bank won't finance leasehold less than 30 years. This will affect the selling price. Just my opinion.

This post has been edited by scongi: Apr 3 2024, 11:27 AM
cyberic
post Apr 3 2024, 11:05 AM

Enthusiast
922 posts

Went to land office last year. I learned that it is possible to renew the lease at minimal fee but we cannot sell it, good for own stay. When you want to sell it after that then need to pay according to market price including the years that you enjoyed the minimal fee.

Also, sometimes land office have special promotion (lower rate..etc). The only problem is they don't advertise it.
scongi
post Apr 3 2024, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(cyberic @ Apr 3 2024, 11:05 AM)
Went to land office last year. I learned that it is possible to renew the lease at minimal fee but we cannot sell it, good for own stay. When you want to sell it after that then need to pay according to market price including the years that you enjoyed the minimal fee.

Also, sometimes land office have special promotion (lower rate..etc). The only problem is they don't advertise it.
From what I have checked they normally give 30% on the lump sum payment...It means also they offer instalment but I no sure as I didn't ask more details on how long the instalment...

This post has been edited by scongi: Apr 3 2024, 11:25 AM
jrshow
post Apr 3 2024, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,042 posts

leasehold selling is hard..
nicocol
post Apr 3 2024, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

nowadays many new launching landed property also leasehold
chainyong
post Apr 3 2024, 04:16 PM

Casual
447 posts

If you comparing apple to apple, that means same location, of course FH always better than LH , but FH need to pay extra premium on top of the selling price, worth it or not is very subjective to different group of people.

If compare apple and orange , both different location is not about the FH and LH only , it will more to comparing the town planning, amenities, public transportation, and population etc.

Conclusion, LH property is not a monster, you can buy it after you done the study on this property.

scongi
post Apr 3 2024, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(nicocol @ Apr 3 2024, 03:47 PM)
nowadays many new launching landed property also leasehold
Yes...most new launched landed and commercial in klang valley is leasehold... if we still want freehold landed and commercial, we can only look for subsale...On the pricing, the commercial is future price which is super crazy...

This post has been edited by scongi: Apr 3 2024, 04:33 PM
victorian
post Apr 3 2024, 04:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,997 posts

well you can argue about freehold > leasehold all day and at the end of the day you can't buy anything because you are waiting for the perfect freehold property. ]
scongi
post Apr 3 2024, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Apr 3 2024, 04:29 PM)
well you can argue about freehold > leasehold all day and at the end of the day you can't buy anything because you are waiting for the perfect freehold property. ]
Is true, is based on investor own analysis and strategy.... there is no right or wrong...
icemanfx
post Apr 4 2024, 02:38 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,866 posts

QUOTE(Rinth @ Apr 3 2024, 09:42 AM)

Demography change over decades. street or area popular or in demand now, may not be in 20 or 30 years time.

so called "profit sharing" also mean need to pay higher premium later.

QUOTE(scongi @ Apr 3 2024, 09:52 AM)

The higher the rental, the higher premium for lease extension.

Jazted
post Apr 4 2024, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

must check how much is the different between landed freehold and leashold.

if freehold = 1 million, leasehold 99y 500-600k. i would say buy.
icemanfx
post Apr 4 2024, 11:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,866 posts

QUOTE(Jazted @ Apr 4 2024, 11:32 PM)

For high rise, leasehold new launch is often more expensive than freehold subsale.

victorian
post Apr 5 2024, 12:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,997 posts

QUOTE(Jazted @ Apr 4 2024, 11:32 PM)

you are assuming the land cost more than 50% of the purchase price.

Realistically the price difference will not be too much, 10-20% tops

Jazted
post Apr 5 2024, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Apr 5 2024, 12:18 AM)

mount kiara condo leasehold vs freehold did differ almost to 50%.

but then if the landed leasehold is just 10%-20 cheaper than definitely not worth it at all. You migh having hard time selling it with a higher price
Jazted
post Apr 5 2024, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Apr 4 2024, 11:57 PM)
For high rise, leasehold new launch is often more expensive than freehold subsale.
i feel that people should look into the subsale market, new launch mcm not worth much.
Cavatzu
post Apr 5 2024, 07:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,710 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Apr 5 2024, 12:18 AM)

The thing is developers have pretty much forced buyers to accept leasehold and high dense as the new norm. This is particularly true for high rise and it’s been a very short time frame to push all these as the new reality. They acquire the land cheaper and absorb all the cost savings as profit. You may not think it’s a big deal when buying due to perceived cost saving but certainly your ability to dispose of the property later is going to be an issue.
victorian
post Apr 5 2024, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,997 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Apr 5 2024, 07:43 AM)
The thing is developers have pretty much forced buyers to accept leasehold and high dense as the new norm. This is particularly true for high rise and it’s been a very short time frame to push all these as the new reality. They acquire the land cheaper and absorb all the cost savings as profit. You may not think it’s a big deal when buying due to perceived cost saving but certainly your ability to dispose of the property later is going to be an issue.
Well it’s either leasehold near KL or freehold at some ulu place.

Buyers choice
scongi
post Apr 5 2024, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Those new shoplot by big developer in new township are now mostly under leasehold title, as what they say is to make the price more affordable for investor to buy. However, this is not really true as the psf of this leasehold is even higher than subsale price in mature area. Higher rental need to get for cover the instalment payment.

There is also a high competition to get tenant on vacant possession as there is many unit vacant possession at the same time in same locality and the moving into the new township is taking time. Investor may need strong holding power to get return in future

This post has been edited by scongi: Apr 5 2024, 02:45 PM
PAChamp
post Apr 5 2024, 05:34 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Apr 5 2024, 12:44 PM)
Well it’s either leasehold near KL or freehold at some ulu place.

Buyers choice
If you buy sub-sale, there is plenty of choice in KL/PJ, both freehold and leasehold. Thing is many folks dont have money to buy subsale.
victorian
post Apr 5 2024, 05:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,997 posts

QUOTE(PAChamp @ Apr 5 2024, 05:34 PM)
If you buy sub-sale, there is plenty of choice in KL/PJ, both freehold and leasehold. Thing is many folks dont have money to buy subsale.
subsale landed?

30 years old landed basically you have to rebuild the whole thing to be liveable.

And not many people have that amount of cash

PAChamp
post Apr 8 2024, 01:15 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ Apr 5 2024, 05:40 PM)
subsale landed?

30 years old landed basically you have to rebuild the whole thing to be liveable.

And not many people have that amount of cash
Yes. Its not between freehold vs leasehold btw, it an old vs new issue. For projects far away, both freehold and leasehold are also expensive. Might as well get freehold

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0393sec    3.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 10:17 PM